Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

10 hours ago, trgdolors said:

"Immersive Sounds - Compendium" had a big update to ver. 3.0. Among other things, it is trying to create more fancy footstep sounds, though it sounds like it would add some complexity. And it seems like it may need a bunch of patches for custom armor mods. Has anyone updated yet? Did it cause any issues?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/523

Thanks!

I did. Works fine. Bear noises are kinda creepy, and I'm still getting used to some of the new noises for when you sell items. But it works fine on an existing playthrough. I think the only patch needed was for one of NordWar's.

@Krimzen I think you could do either really. It's not going to hurt anything to generate LOD for it.

Re: Mod-Bloat - Like jaeos said, I swap some mods out for characters that aren't affected by them. Not going to be a werewolf - Take out MLT. Not going to be a vampire - Take out Better Vampires. I use a lot of the modded builds from Skyforge, so I swap in some mods like Apocalypse or Imperious if the build calls for them. You'll end up with missing masters, but Wrye will make that apparent before you start playing. I don't use different profiles or instances, as I like to keep all of my mods on one page so that I'll remember they exist for my next character.

9 hours ago, Temphyx said:

@Varithina, I've not had any other problems with the Profile approach really and currently it all takes up around half of a TB SSD.  So setting up several more instances isn't so attractive right now, but it is clearly an option, thanks.  The inactive mods filter option you mention is the reason I put in a feature request: it only shows inactive mods in the current profile.  Lexy uses something like 15 merge profiles and I have maybe 8 others.  They're all viable and in various stages of update - but there are somewhere around 300-500 mods I'm not using and could take off the drive.  Then I could consider another instance for say, a newer Lexy build, as you suggest.

Odd for me the inactive mods filer hides inactive mods, not shows them, ahh just played around with it, there are apparently three settings for it that rotate each time you click it, the first for me hides inactive, then hides active, then returns to showing all mods both inactive and active.

8 hours ago, wollboi said:

Re: Mod-Bloat - Like jaeos said, I swap some mods out for characters that aren't affected by them. Not going to be a werewolf - Take out MLT. Not going to be a vampire - Take out Better Vampires. I use a lot of the modded builds from Skyforge, so I swap in some mods like Apocalypse or Imperious if the build calls for them. You'll end up with missing masters, but Wrye will make that apparent before you start playing. I don't use different profiles or instances, as I like to keep all of my mods on one page so that I'll remember they exist for my next character.

Thanks @wollboi, sounds like a very solid approach, I just don't think I could go back from having at least two very different playthroughs and another build just to experiment with - even if it would save me a little(or lot of) grief.  Still hoping to find a way to just cull the clunkers...maybe its time to get serious about picking up python, I don't know...

Edited by Temphyx
5 hours ago, Krimzen said:

So after running the game and exiting there are some ini files in my overwrite for the mod Fuz Ro D-oh Silent Voice I think. 

Reveal hidden contents

Overwrite.jpg.4fd986ecfdcf94719b741adab8abd464.jpg

What should I do with them? Create mod?

Your screenshot shows generated .ini's for two different mods. 

You can create a mod with them but that's a little sloppy

The top one should to be moved to:  Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice/SKSE/Plugins/Fuz Ro D'oh.ini

The other one should be in:  Frozen Electrocuted Combustion - FEC/SKSE/Plugins/po3_FEC.ini

You'll have to make at least one of these placements manually since drag and drop would put them both in the same place

2 hours ago, Temphyx said:

Your screenshot shows generated .ini's for two different mods. 

You can create a mod with them but that's a little sloppy

The top one should to be moved to:  Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice/SKSE/Plugins/Fuz Ro D'oh.ini

The other one should be in:  Frozen Electrocuted Combustion - FEC/SKSE/Plugins/po3_FEC.ini

You'll have to make at least one of these placements manually since drag and drop would put them both in the same place

I just made a mod called skse output and drag pretty much everything skse related including mod settings into it. then some of the mods already have their settings from the beginning.

@jaeos is right. If you move the configs into the mod you'd loose the settings when you update it. So keeping them separate is the best way.

I'll make a smaller update this weekend. Then it is going through all mods for updates and/or checking links.

It will take some time, my shoulders and neck are only sloooowly getting better, but i'm on it. 

And, just as i predicted, there will be a 'new' anniversary edition of Skyrim at the end of the year (german / english news).

SKY10 Anni Edition in-body EN

Edited by Aylis

So to get the SexLab animations working you have to register them with SexLab Animation Loader right?

If so what should I exactly do when the guide states "deactivate all animations in 'Sexlabs Framework' before configuring this mod" for SLAL?

49 minutes ago, Krimzen said:

So to get the SexLab animations working you have to register them with SexLab Animation Loader right?

If so what should I exactly do when the guide states "deactivate all animations in 'Sexlabs Framework' before configuring this mod" for SLAL?

in game. install sexlab, sexlab comes with some animations already, the ones named lieto xxxxxxxx are corrupt, so open sexlab after it installs, go to the toggle animations tab, filter just lieto and toggle them off. then open the rebuild and clean tab, rebuild animation directory. let it do it's thing. when you exit it will have the settings in your overwrite just put it with your skse output folder and you won't need to redo the toggle animations every game.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

@jaeos is right. If you move the configs into the mod you'd loose the settings when you update it. So keeping them separate is the best way.

I'll make a smaller update this weekend. Then it is going through all mods for updates and/or checking links.

It will take some time, my shoulders and neck are only sloooowly getting better, but i'm on it. 

And, just as i predicted, there will be a 'new' anniversary edition of Skyrim at the end of the year (german / english news).

SKY10 Anni Edition in-body EN

Lets milk this game for all it's worth, even 10 years from now... 

On 8/18/2021 at 10:10 PM, Temphyx said:

Hey all, general question: how do you deal with old mod bloat?  By that, I mean old mods that you aren't using in any profile but are still sitting in your left pane Mod List.

Even deactivated mods seem to drag down MO2 performance (file scanning, vfs memory footprint) esp. if there are a lot of loose files. For this reason, I tend to delete these even if I like to have them around as a reminder "did use this, don't do it anymore for a reason". Instead of deleting, you could move the directories out of the /mods/ folder.

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

in game. install sexlab, sexlab comes with some animations already, the ones named lieto xxxxxxxx are corrupt, so open sexlab after it installs, go to the toggle animations tab, filter just lieto and toggle them off. then open the rebuild and clean tab, rebuild animation directory. let it do it's thing. when you exit it will have the settings in your overwrite just put it with your skse output folder and you won't need to redo the toggle animations every game.

I don't seem to have any lieto animations,. Only Billyy & Babo show up. Were the Lieto animations for creatures? I didn't install any creature stuff. 

6 hours ago, Krimzen said:

I don't seem to have any lieto animations,. Only Billyy & Babo show up. Were the Lieto animations for creatures? I didn't install any creature stuff. 

theres 143 of them. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1f134317408cedd9f9f90bc840be3f99.png

of course they may be gone in beta9, open the file and see. sexlab beta9/meshes/character/animations/sexlab I think you can just delete them from the folder and they won't show up either, if you don't have them where i showed them, don't worry about them.

EDIT: just downloaded and opened the zip file, there are still 143 lieto animations, that are not creature, you could just delete them, rerun fnis and nemesis and call it a day.

Edited by jaeos
21 hours ago, jaeos said:

I just made a mod called skse output and drag pretty much everything skse related including mod settings into it. then some of the mods already have their settings from the beginning.

@jaeos, @Aylis : Ha!  Stupid me, I've always done that with .json mcm profiles, and such etc., but never made the ini connect, duh, so thanks!

7 hours ago, BillyG said:

Even deactivated mods seem to drag down MO2 performance (file scanning, vfs memory footprint) esp. if there are a lot of loose files. For this reason, I tend to delete these even if I like to have them around as a reminder "did use this, don't do it anymore for a reason". Instead of deleting, you could move the directories out of the /mods/ folder.

Good advice @BillyG, thanks for the idea.  The initial problem though, is identifying unused mods out of 2k installed across all profiles.  I've left it this long simply because I've seen no significant drag on the system, prob'y thanks to the SSD.  What I'm looking for (and not finding) is some way to sort through mods across all profiles. 

- Best

I change my stand on Dawn of Skyrim. After seeing 30+ NPCs in Riften (Vanilla + Riften Dock Overhaul + DoS + my follower), I'm surprised my game didn't crash. Now I try to reduce the number of NPC in cities/hold as many as possible, starting with DoS.

Mod suggestion: The Great Cities - Minor Cities and Towns SSE Edition and other mods by soldierofwar. His/her mods focus on overhaul of minor cities, towns, some are not covered by JK. There is also patch mod for JK and Great Cities combo. My only concern is moods'compatibility with RS Children as some of them add new child NPC.

Also, turn out the modder of The Tale of Tsatampra Xiros, SlimeSire, made other mods that focus on other Daedric Princes. Together with wintersun, they make good role-playing experince.

Does anyone knows how to solve the issue with seams in the water? I updated to the last version of Water for ENB and I got this result (I re-run DyndoLOD and xLODGen, etc.):

Spoiler

ScreenShot14.thumb.png.768193aaf5a7f54d8654796e3ee6b474.png

It was awful, so I reverted back to the previous version of Water for ENB and I got this, same as it always was:

Spoiler

ScreenShot15.thumb.png.df42434428cd021486a068172f18ca8c.png

The seam is way less visible, but it's still there... And now it bothers me (didn't before ?). Is it possible to make those seams in the water dissappear? Maybe did I do something wrong when running Dyndolod or else?

I checked the ENB configuration for the water in the mod page and changed mine accordingly, but it doesn't solve it either.

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

of course they may be gone in beta9, open the file and see. sexlab beta9/meshes/character/animations/sexlab I think you can just delete them from the folder and they won't show up either, if you don't have them where i showed them, don't worry about them.

EDIT: just downloaded and opened the zip file, there are still 143 lieto animations, that are not creature, you could just delete them, rerun fnis and nemesis and call it a day.

Yeah the Leito animations are in the folder.

2042496409_leitoanimations.jpg.fe165f29e219a04891efb3aaef58d2e3.jpg

Not sure exactly what I did but they seem to be showing up in SexLab now.

195369003_SLLeito.jpg.ecabce9d0127d6a0ce34850e023c3142.jpg

According to SLAL I have 280 human animations (with Leito animations not removed yet) registered. Is this the correct number?

1912591675_SLALnumberofanimations.jpg.b8bbf40eddaa4a89a2a12d4fe49238e8.jpg

11 hours ago, Krimzen said:

Yeah the Leito animations are in the folder.

Reveal hidden contents

2042496409_leitoanimations.jpg.fe165f29e219a04891efb3aaef58d2e3.jpg

Not sure exactly what I did but they seem to be showing up in SexLab now.

Reveal hidden contents

195369003_SLLeito.jpg.ecabce9d0127d6a0ce34850e023c3142.jpg

According to SLAL I have 280 human animations (with Leito animations not removed yet) registered. Is this the correct number?

Reveal hidden contents

1912591675_SLALnumberofanimations.jpg.b8bbf40eddaa4a89a2a12d4fe49238e8.jpg

Sounds about right, animators spent far more time making animations for everything else than human v human.

12 hours ago, Thardrim said:

Does anyone knows how to solve the issue with seams in the water? I updated to the last version of Water for ENB and I got this result (I re-run DyndoLOD and xLODGen, etc.):

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot14.thumb.png.768193aaf5a7f54d8654796e3ee6b474.png

It was awful, so I reverted back to the previous version of Water for ENB and I got this, same as it always was:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot15.thumb.png.df42434428cd021486a068172f18ca8c.png

The seam is way less visible, but it's still there... And now it bothers me (didn't before ?). Is it possible to make those seams in the water dissappear? Maybe did I do something wrong when running Dyndolod or else?

I checked the ENB configuration for the water in the mod page and changed mine accordingly, but it doesn't solve it either.

it's your cloak range in your camera. Think draw range rather than a cloak, that's the separator between actual draw and billboards, if you go up north and swim to a island you can see the circle around you in the water from it. i got rid of it mostly by changing colors of the water, i changed mine to mineral blue/green and it's not as jarring