Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Krimzen : Yes.  Wrye Bash is telling you which of your esps are below plugins that depend on them.  For instance, Kynes Grass.esp should be above Alternative Tundra Grass.esp in your load order.  Move them around until the warning goes away.  Also:

@KhajiitHasSex : 'Best practices' require that patches appear directly (or very soon) after the last esp they patch.  That said, when there is a group of patches after a particular plugin, use some discretion as to how you prioritize them.  It's not often critical, but it never hurts to think about what you're doing and why.

DON'T merge them, it's a pain when things update.  You won't remember what you did.

Edited by Temphyx
5 hours ago, KhajiitHasSex said:

So for Patches is it enough to have them below in the load order or should I directly merge them with whatever they are patching?

How much of what you merged and patched will you remember in 2 months? 6 months? Thats the biggest reason to NOT merge patches and main mods. And MO2 will not remember that you put kynes grass and no grassias together into a merged mod, so kynes grass will always show installed even if you accidentally just install no grassias at a later date and you will start getting CTD at menu without knowing why, because it will show the mod as installed, you will not have the .esm for it, but MO2 will say it's been installed on the downloads page

1 hour ago, Temphyx said:

Has anyone here gotten a feel for SexLab Framework SE 1.63 - BETA 9 yet?  I'm about to clear some profiles to make room for it, there are/were some issues with the default anims, true, but...hey   ?  mod it till it breaks, then fix it, dammit! 

There were issues with the leito default animations on 8 as well, so just disable the lieto animations and you should be gtg

So when I created the bash patch I got this Mod Organizer flag saying 'No valid game data.

1220314581_bashedpatchnodata.jpg.d9bb9fe0150e6a6ff95a256eaf237606.jpg

I think it might be because there was no Bash Patch.esp in the mod I created from the files wrye bash generated in overwrite. 

overwrite.jpg.879adfca739d13093bb6964bbd46af15.jpg

Apparently Wrye Bash already has an existing .esp called 'Bashed Patch, 0.esp' in my Skyrim SE Data Folder. Do I have to delete it so a new one is generated in overwrite?

1534938847_datafolderesp.jpg.3bf5b0971d2ea58b593f822ca695651f.jpg

1 hour ago, Krimzen said:

So when I created the bash patch I got this Mod Organizer flag saying 'No valid game data.

Reveal hidden contents

1220314581_bashedpatchnodata.jpg.d9bb9fe0150e6a6ff95a256eaf237606.jpg

I think it might be because there was no Bash Patch.esp in the mod I created from the files wrye bash generated in overwrite. 

Reveal hidden contents

overwrite.jpg.879adfca739d13093bb6964bbd46af15.jpg

Apparently Wrye Bash already has an existing .esp called 'Bashed Patch, 0.esp' in my Skyrim SE Data Folder. Do I have to delete it so a new one is generated in overwrite?

Hide contents

1534938847_datafolderesp.jpg.3bf5b0971d2ea58b593f822ca695651f.jpg

delete the stuff that was put in your overwrite. 

Spoiler

image.png.f7ea4b70a40e162360af1b288d276141.png

scroll down to the bottom

Spoiler

image.png.a8390fb0153fe51784a9d921b10324da.png

right click bashed patch

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b4cadbfa8893f4dd47559539b607d6a8.png

rebuild patch. it will ask if you want to activate the esp. yes.

This is how i remember doing it.. @wollboiThis is the way you do the original patch right?

Edited by jaeos

@jaeosOk I think I see where I might have gone wrong. When I scroll to the bottom my 'Bashed Patch, 0.esp' has to tick in the box next to it.

644343879_notick.jpg.59d2d91b1724c585ef98390b253556e6.jpg

Does it have to be enabled before doing rebuild patch?

Edit: Oh wait never mind. I clicked 'no' instead of 'yes' when it asked to activate the esp lol.

Edited by Krimzen

Looks like i finally got all NPC vampires working with HPH (there were some issues) and the PC seems to be fine too. Still have to check Serana but that would be a fix of one of the last bugs.

'Dawn of Skyrim' and the wenches will be removed from the list. The first one will allow updates for some mods, i always hated to lag behind updates, and the wenches are just too overpowered... Generally a nice idea but the more i encounter the more i think it was a mistake to add them in the first place.

@Krimzen Your third screenshot shows your BashedPatch, 0.esp sitting in your Game/Data folder.  Make sure you get it out of there and move it to your MO2 mod folder/ BashedPatch_yourprofile with the Docs folder you generated.  If you now have two BashedPatch, 0.esp's, then delete the one in the game data folder and regenerate the patch if necessary.  There should be NO extraneous (non-vanilla) files in the game data folder!

3 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

@Aylis What is the problem with Dawn of Skyrim? Is it related to Capital Windhelm mod?

Nope. But the name of the ESP was changed which caused a lot of patches to cease function. And after months this is still a problem.

@Aylis First: Thank you very much for this guide. I never tried modding a game to this extend and would have been lost without it.

I mostly sticked to your guide but somehow the animations are still not working properly. I'm not quite sure if I followed your steps for FNIS/Nemesis correctly:

- Creating the FNIS Output with the settings from the screenshot, transferring them into an FNIS_Output folder went well

- Deactivating FNIS and activating Nemesis is also clear, but what do you mean then with "Run the update"? Running FNIS doesn't seem to do anything without FNIS activated

- I also don't seem to get the jump and movement overhaul options you mentioned in the next step

- Running Nemesis afterwards also worked well, although I had to go back to v.0.83c because v.0.84 always produced an error caused by a supposedly missing file

- Creating a Nemesis output out of the Overwrite is also clear but what do you mean by letting it overwrite the FNIS Output? Do they have to be merged in one folder or does the Nemesis Output simply have to be after FNIS?

- Lastly: I suppose I have to reactivate FNIS again after this, right? Or does Nemesis cover all its functions?

If I merge the two folders from the FNIS and Nemesis Output it looks like the following image. Does this seem right?100535889_FNISOutput.png.227cfb85276bad6af38e84f1dac19665.png

One other thing I'd like to mention: Your link for the DynDOLOD Ressources points to those for LE instead of SE. The correct ones can however easily be found in Nexus via search

So I was running  xLODgen and there are lines saying 'error creating textures' when doing the generation.

2081337275_xlodgenerror.jpg.9279379280dbfaa8fc786d47359e47fd.jpg

Is this a problem?

Edit: It seems to be successfully working after removing my bashed patch mod and creating a new one.

651976518_LODcomplete.jpg.f8ade41db35ea0917b322b72f12c3f56.jpg

Edited by Krimzen

@Aylis I thought that the guide said to use ver 1.4 which still uses old esp name. Moreover, according DoS changelog, ver 1.5 doesn't update anything significant so ver 1.4 is still good to work.

Or is it the case where some mods update their DoS patch to use ver 1.5 and some other mods don't?

I'm asking because DoS is a great addition to city overhaul without adding too much. Some of the shops, merchants added by this mod are good for immersion too.

@Placeholder007

- Deactivating FNIS and activating Nemesis is also clear, but what do you mean then with "Run the update"? Running FNIS doesn't seem to do anything without FNIS activated

When you run Nemesis, there is a button called "Update Engine". Run the update= click Update Engine. But before doing so, you should clear your Override folder to make place for files created by "Update Engine". Exit Nemesis and move those newly created files to to your installed folder of Nemesis. Keep doing "Run the update" until Nemesis no longer produces any file to your Override.

- I also don't seem to get the jump and movement overhaul options you mentioned in the next step

Those options are for Nemesis. For FNIS, only check the options like in tutorial picture.

Running Nemesis afterwards also worked well, although I had to go back to v.0.83c because v.0.84 always produced an error caused by a supposedly missing file

Please use the latest version, Run the update and try again.

- Creating a Nemesis output out of the Overwrite is also clear but what do you mean by letting it overwrite the FNIS Output? Do they have to be merged in one folder or does the Nemesis Output simply have to be after FNIS?

- Lastly: I suppose I have to reactivate FNIS again after this, right? Or does Nemesis cover all its functions?

Don't merge the output, keep them separately. After you run Nemesis, disable Nemesis folder and enable FNIS (the mod folders, not Output folder).

MO2 will notify you that Nemesis Output overwrite FNIS. New users may confuse and panic given the importance of FNIS so the guide says so to reassure you that's normal.

Hey all, general question: how do you deal with old mod bloat?  By that, I mean old mods that you aren't using in any profile but are still sitting in your left pane Mod List.

I recently put in a feature request for MO2 for a filter option that would show all mods that are not active in any profile but maybe some of you have a simple solution I haven't thought of.  Currently, I'm only running six active profiles: this one, Lexy, and four of my own but, with over 2k mods installed it is way past time to clean house.  I've had limited success importing each profile's active mod list into excel and trying to brute force a NOT list but Excel seems much friendlier to AND workflows than NOT ones.

Anyway, all suggestions welcome, thanks

22 minutes ago, Temphyx said:

Hey all, general question: how do you deal with old mod bloat?  By that, I mean old mods that you aren't using in any profile but are still sitting in your left pane Mod List.

I recently put in a feature request for MO2 for a filter option that would show all mods that are not active in any profile but maybe some of you have a simple solution I haven't thought of.  Currently, I'm only running six active profiles: this one, Lexy, and four of my own but, with over 2k mods installed it is way past time to clean house.  I've had limited success importing each profile's active mod list into excel and trying to brute force a NOT list but Excel seems much friendlier to AND workflows than NOT ones.

Anyway, all suggestions welcome, thanks

Depends, personally I just have multiple installs of mo2 rather than use profiles, sure it uses more disk space but meh.  I tried using profiles but to be honest I found it clunky as hell keeping track of things in the various profiles, separators may work, using them for each profiles mods, then just collapsing the profiles not active.  Quick edit there is already a filter to show only active mods in the left pane, click on the filters arrow and it should then expand the filters pane and that option should be the very top one.

Edited by Varithina
12 hours ago, Varithina said:

Depends, personally I just have multiple installs of mo2 rather than use profiles, sure it uses more disk space but meh.  I tried using profiles but to be honest I found it clunky as hell keeping track of things in the various profiles, separators may work, using them for each profiles mods, then just collapsing the profiles not active.  Quick edit there is already a filter to show only active mods in the left pane, click on the filters arrow and it should then expand the filters pane and that option should be the very top one.

@Varithina, I've not had any other problems with the Profile approach really and currently it all takes up around half of a TB SSD.  So setting up several more instances isn't so attractive right now, but it is clearly an option, thanks.  The inactive mods filter option you mention is the reason I put in a feature request: it only shows inactive mods in the current profile.  Lexy uses something like 15 merge profiles and I have maybe 8 others.  They're all viable and in various stages of update - but there are somewhere around 300-500 mods I'm not using and could take off the drive.  Then I could consider another instance for say, a newer Lexy build, as you suggest.

56 minutes ago, Temphyx said:

@Varithina, I've not had any other problems with the Profile approach really and currently it all takes up around half of a TB SSD.  So setting up several more instances isn't so attractive right now, but it is clearly an option, thanks.  The inactive mods filter option you mention is the reason I put in a feature request: it only shows inactive mods in the current profile.  Lexy uses something like 15 merge profiles and I have maybe 8 others.  They're all viable and in various stages of update - but there are somewhere around 300-500 mods I'm not using and could take off the drive.  Then I could consider another instance for say, a newer Lexy build, as you suggest.

You can run several instances off of MO2 and switch to that instance for each profile. You'll have alot of the same mods in each instance, but it will give you greater freedom in say a werewolf build playing with the werewolf mods, or the furry mod, and they won't show up in your other mod lists since they are in different folders. But, it will add how ever many instances you have to updating since fully 9/10 of each instance will be the same mods. 

When generating LOD there is a checkbox for an area called 'OWHMiniBearQuestWorld'.

1926566885_LODGenOWHMinibear.jpg.1a2efd6d8a252dc42b2c8e2f57abde14.jpg

1539504479_DynDOLODOWHMiniBear.jpg.0cd00830d9e287bbfd92db78999b4c56.jpg

Apparently it's from the mod Capital Windhelm Expansion. On the Capital Windhelm Expansion nexus mod page it states you do not have to generate LOD for it as it's already included. So I should leave the boxes unchecked correct?