Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Thank you for the guide. It changed the way I experience Skyrim. I followed it almost to the letter.

However, I have a question: do you know which mod removes helmet when the weapon is sheathed? It drives me nuts, I want to keep my helmet on most of the time - I am playing on survival and I can't sacrifice warmth for looks, and I don't want to constantly run with my weapons unsheathed. 

1 hour ago, m0rdr3d0 said:

Thank you for the guide. It changed the way I experience Skyrim. I followed it almost to the letter.

However, I have a question: do you know which mod removes helmet when the weapon is sheathed? It drives me nuts, I want to keep my helmet on most of the time - I am playing on survival and I can't sacrifice warmth for looks, and I don't want to constantly run with my weapons unsheathed. 

It's Dynamic Equipment Manager SKSE Updated in SKSE section.

However you don't need to uninstall that mod to turn off auto hide helmet. There is text file named DynamicEquipmentManagerSSE.json

Open that file and change line 3 manageHelmet to false.

6 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Looking forwards to HIMBO addition to modlist.

Btw, how do you guys disable Leito animations in SL, delete leito anim file or tick off leito anim in SL MCM?

in the sl mcm there is a tab called toggle animations. use the filter option to show lieto uncheck box all of them and rebuild registry

2 hours ago, m0rdr3d0 said:

open your file explorer navigate to the skyrim mods, find the dynamic equipment manager mod, open it, open skse folder, then the plugins folder. you will have 2 files one named dynamic equipment manager .DLL the other has .json at the end. double click it (you will probably get a pop up from windows about oopening the file, choose the notepad and uncheck the always open box. when open it will look mostly like this.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9b353455842179e951415bc8d1dc32d7.png

change true to false at manage helmet. save file and you're done

On 8/20/2021 at 10:56 PM, jaeos said:

in game. install sexlab, sexlab comes with some animations already, the ones named lieto xxxxxxxx are corrupt, so open sexlab after it installs, go to the toggle animations tab, filter just lieto and toggle them off. then open the rebuild and clean tab, rebuild animation directory. let it do it's thing. when you exit it will have the settings in your overwrite just put it with your skse output folder and you won't need to redo the toggle animations every game.

What should I do to rebuild animation directory in the Rebuild & Clean tab?

392277366_RebuildAnimations.jpg.1330d3d406989e2c5aa8aa837f4b1ab6.jpg

Is it 'Export Settings'?

I've been following the guide the past couple of days and reached the point where it looks and runs amazing with almost all the mods included, but the only noticeable issue I'm having are torches and campfires having these red squares around them. All I know is that it has something to do with Embers XD, since other users have posted this issue but their workarounds haven't worked. I've tried all the available versions 2.2.1, 2.2.5, 2.2.7, 2.2.8b (the 2.2.3 version isn't available) including the respective patches required on main post, with and without the "Red Glow Eliminator" patch, but so far no luck.

Torch Screenshot & Plugin Order

Could it be a load order problem? I've used SyncPlugin and adjusted the plugin positions so the main esp is on top.

4 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

It's Dynamic Equipment Manager SKSE Updated in SKSE section.

However you don't need to uninstall that mod to turn off auto hide helmet. There is text file named DynamicEquipmentManagerSSE.json

Open that file and change line 3 manageHelmet to false.

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

open your file explorer navigate to the skyrim mods, find the dynamic equipment manager mod, open it, open skse folder, then the plugins folder. you will have 2 files one named dynamic equipment manager .DLL the other has .json at the end. double click it (you will probably get a pop up from windows about oopening the file, choose the notepad and uncheck the always open box. when open it will look mostly like this.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.9b353455842179e951415bc8d1dc32d7.png

change true to false at manage helmet. save file and you're done

Thank you, guys, I truly appreciate this as I spent hours researching MCM menu searching for the culprit. 

I've never understood DEM. It breaks my immersion when my character switches from a bow to a sword and all of a sudden their quiver disappears. I don't get it. I want more shit hanging off my character, not less. Probably why my characters always look like they're made out of piles of garbage.

@ExtensionPie If anything is ever wrong with my load order, it's usually EmbersXD (and always because I have something out of order). I'm throwing every patch I can find at it and it works great. Here's mine by comparison:

Spoiler

Untitled.png.f18208a18292831ea2351a5b57b5997e.png

@akadeadpool It's given me no troubles at all. I can't tell a difference between it and the regular version, other than the animation cap of course. Only thing I had to do was move the file that FNIS tells you to move when you open the program. Otherwise I just run it like I would using regular FNIS. DAR runs on magic space dust and doesn't need FNIS or Nemesis. Whenever a DAR-based mod updates you never need to run either.

8 hours ago, ExtensionPie said:

Could it be a load order problem? I've used SyncPlugin and adjusted the plugin positions so the main esp is on top.

Hi @ExtensionPie, sorry for your trouble.  Yeah, it could be, I haven't actually had the issue you show but try  this:

- move Luminosity below all the Window Shadow patches (WS-yadaya.esp)

If that doesn't work, let me know, but try:

- Swapping WondersofWeather.esp and ImprovedHearthfireLighting.esp

Actually, you should swap them anyway, whether it does or doesn't work.  Make sure your entire left pane Mod List matches the installation order and your plugin Load Order follows the Mod List.  Let me know how it goes,

- best

@akadeadpool : ditto on FNISXXL, I've seen no problems over more than a year.

Edited by Temphyx

Just found a better Guard Armor Replacer bodyslide mod Guard Armor Replacer SE - BHUNP - 3BA - CBBE. This is only for female so you still should keep the current GAP bodyslide for male.

So what make it better than the one in this modlist is this bodyslide is created using Uniboob, removing the boob armor looking part from GAP bodyslide so the chest of the armors doesn't look warped inside.

@Temphyx @wollboi Thank you both for the advice, I've cleaned up my plugin order and added the additional patches like suggested. Sadly enough it still persisted, so I decided to go the brute force route and activate every optional in Embers and it somehow worked. It turns out the "Fire Magik Add-on" fixes it for some reason. Don't know how it'll affect other things but for now I'm happy to dive right into the 600+ mod goodness, cheers.

2 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Just found a better Guard Armor Replacer bodyslide mod Guard Armor Replacer SE - BHUNP - 3BA - CBBE. This is only for female so you still should keep the current GAP bodyslide for male.

So what make it better than the one in this modlist is this bodyslide is created using Uniboob, removing the boob armor looking part from GAP bodyslide so the chest of the armors doesn't look warped inside.

No, that one isn't really better. If you gain three cup sizes just by switching from light to heavy armor i wouldn't call that an improvement.

Should I remove installed mods and add the new ones from the version 3.20 updated guide? Like removing Dawn of Skyrim, Immersive Wenches & adding Lightened Skyrim, Cosmetic Vampire Overhaul etc.

Also will I have to re-run tools like Nemesis, Wrye Bash, xLODGen, DynDOLOD after doing this?

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

No, that one isn't really better. If you gain three cup sizes just by switching from light to heavy armor i wouldn't call that an improvement.

just means the blacksmith really cared for the safety of the women soldiers...?

4 hours ago, Krimzen said:

Should I remove installed mods and add the new ones from the version 3.20 updated guide? Like removing Dawn of Skyrim, Immersive Wenches & adding Lightened Skyrim, Cosmetic Vampire Overhaul etc.

Also will I have to re-run tools like Nemesis, Wrye Bash, xLODGen, DynDOLOD after doing this?

1. up to you. most of my mod list is 4-5 iterations back when it comes to textures etc. 

2. yes, nemesis if you added anything that had animations, wryebash because you removed things that wrye bash will consider a master for it's own esp, xlod not so much, i've never actually ran it. and because you are changing massive amounts of textures you will need to integrate back into dyndolod those changes.

Personally.. If it looks beautiful and you like it, stick with what you have now until you blow something up or want to spend more time tweaking mods than playing. 

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

Just look at these screenshot

Spoiler

gap.JPG.aae8ac4e7f33441e883c990070df2820.JPGgap-uni.JPG.9707677a208d5eaa7a53cac377b28004.JPG

You can't seriously tell the left one is better. Besides, oversized chest can be fixxed with adjusting the bodyslide, fixxing uniboob needs recreating the whole mesh.

Something's gone awrye with my bashed patch. Can't find anything about it in the thread so might as well make a post about it in case someone in the future runs into this.

With Immersive sound compendium installed, generating and using a bashed patch causes the combat attack grunts/voice to become mute in my case.

I have a feeling it's something to do with the order or position of ISC's patches but I couldn't find the culprit. Might make an edit if I find out.

Alleviated problem by building the bashed patch without Sounds, i.e. not ticking Import Sounds right before clicking Build Patch.

Edited by SzForsaidh
2 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

You can't seriously tell the left one is better. Besides, oversized chest can be fixxed with adjusting the bodyslide, fixxing uniboob needs recreating the whole mesh.

I can.

If you have to rebuild every armor then the mod doesn't work correctly. Or do you call this here normal?

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.4aa0f0a8209437478031959dbecc8c70.jpg

'WB' got small boobs and is relatively flat (aka perfect for heavy armor). I shudder at the thought what it would do to the 'Greek Goddess' preset. Propably cup size F...

Anyway, do what you like, but this will not end up in the list. 

Edited by Aylis
3 hours ago, Aylis said:

I can.

If you have to rebuild every armor then the mod doesn't work correctly. Or do you call this here normal?

Hide contents

Untitled.jpg.4aa0f0a8209437478031959dbecc8c70.jpg

'WB' got small boobs and is relatively flat (aka perfect for heavy armor). I shudder at the thought what it would do to the 'Greek Goddess' preset. Propably cup size F...

Anyway, do what you like, but this will not end up in the list. 

Thats alot of linen and steel... although personally it looks kinda like shad when hes wearing all his surcoats and brigadine armor..

5 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Krimzen What jaeos said, plus run Resaver and NetImmerse to clean your save. I updated and with the exception of a few crashes over basically playing all day yesterday I haven't had any issues. YMMV though.

Is this saying you also removed skybirds without corrupting a save?

Edited by Temphyx