Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@akadeadpool

Spoiler

Untitled.png.a93f92bfb5d4a6f45cd558300f86fd9e.png

Open FNIS XXL in explorer and edit FNIS.ini0 LoadCTDCalculation entry. That file will also tell you to manually move a file. Don't need to change Creature Framework, but I always click the De-Install Creatures button first when running FNIS, otherwise I sometimes get a-posing critters.

@Aylis Skypia updated a new Smooth Animation that looks nice, this time for staves.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54883?tab=description

@Aylis still having issues with the beasts missing equipment? i put in animated cocks and switched the ones i could to it i really don't ( it was 1 in 3 would have their equipment, now it's 2 in 3 of a group) have issues with that part except the length of time it takes to start an animation, but that's for humanoid and beasts. I also shut off chickens and rabbits, so /shrug. I don't know what the differences between the mod list and my mods that make it where i'm being tagged by every creature in the land and you're having such issues.

Edited by jaeos
16 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Regarding Creature missing sos, I think this comment chain deserves a look

From the comments, look like the fix works.

Ill try it out since i'm more apt to be accosted just walking.. naked and people/critters just think they can come along and do whatever they want...

Something I haven't seen mentioned here are the xVASynth based mod voicification efforts currently available here and here.  While they're far from perfect, they provide a welcome (in-character-voice) break from the FuzRoDoh-read-the-text-yourself drill.  Sometimes its slightly jarring, like reading 'ok' as 'ock' rather than 'o-kay', and sometimes a bit wooden.  They are still, I believe, a real improvement and currently promising prompt updating of corrections.  Check'em out.  Feedback helps, so if you find the idea interesting let them know.

Edited by Temphyx

in the hour or so i was actually able to test.. ( i got the ctd on save bug. yes i already increased ram, yes i deleted autosaves and yes i did player.kill. she was only lvl 9 but had 80ish saves under her with orphaned scripts and such from when you just disable a mod and never clean the save. no big, just start another game.) the ABC and animal SOS with the fixed scripts @akadeadpool pointed to.. the 4 wolves i came across ALL had.. equipment. (i also cheated and tagged them then changed arousal to 70+) and they were all lined up waiting their turns..

18 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Try this mod Equippable Underwear for NPCs. The mod use SPID and the author is pretty reputable so I think the mod will work well.

I have been looking at that mod for a while, but it says on the description page:

"SOS full has underwear already, which causes issues with this mod. Don't use both at the same time."

I re-installed SOS and could not find the underwear setting. What am I missing?

@wollboi That is some funny stuff!

Lately I see many people say SPID is more performance friendly than cloak spell, is it true in any sense?

Edit:

@trgdolors the sos underwear is probably your schlong since it occupies the same body slot. If you think the mod is sound, you should browse its forum thread to see if anyone found a way for both Underwear mod and SOS wor together. I believe there are other similar mods but couldn't remember their name.

Edited by akadeadpool
2 hours ago, wollboi said:

Has anyone ever been able to get the Save the Icerunner mod to work? I'm following the guide and nothing happens when I talk to Ahtar. If I cheat through the console then I don't have any dialogue options to turn the bastard in, regardless of time of day.

See post #7097

Testing Missives. This should fix all the mission boards that are a bit off and where the texture pack vanished.

3 hours ago, wollboi said:

Has anyone ever been able to get the Save the Icerunner mod to work? I'm following the guide and nothing happens when I talk to Ahtar. If I cheat through the console then I don't have any dialogue options to turn the bastard in, regardless of time of day.

Do you use The Choice is Yours? Because if you do, move that mod above Save the Icerunner. If you don't try to see what mod overrides the dialouge in xedit.

Edited by akadeadpool

Meh, I think my solution is to toss it for my next playthrough. I think some quests just shouldn't be done depending on what type of character you're rolling. It's like the Boethiah one: your paladin can say, "No, eating people is wrong" and wish your new cannibal friend a good day ... or you can go hunt deer and then fool an omnipotent Daedric prince using a meat puppet. Because after all your paladin really NEEDS a ring that allows them to eat people or a spell that reanimates dead bodies.

Edited by wollboi
1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Meh, I think my solution is to toss it for my next playthrough. I think some quests just shouldn't be done depending on what type of character you're rolling. It's like the Boethiah one: your paladin can say, "No, eating people is wrong" and wish your new cannibal friend a good day ... or you can go hunt deer and then fool an omnipotent Daedric prince using a meat puppet. Because after all your paladin really NEEDS a ring that allows them to eat people or a spell that reanimates dead bodies.

with the mod timing is everything you can set that quest to level 101 and it will never activate.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:42 AM, trgdolors said:

I have been looking at that mod for a while, but it says on the description page:

"SOS full has underwear already, which causes issues with this mod. Don't use both at the same time."

I re-installed SOS and could not find the underwear setting. What am I missing?

@wollboi That is some funny stuff!

I liked the idea of the underwear mod so I took a look at it ?
It seems your question has already been answered there at the nexus forum to the mod.

Spoiler

grafik.png.846d63c8a92bb61c05fc5206ce436e24.png

Gone through a few mods more. Sadly the first quest of 'missives' already blundered, so that one won't end up in the list...

Planned changes This can still change!

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

Immersive Fallen Trees Patch                                           Found nothing that suggests a need for it.

Riften in High Definition                                                  Found a better solution

Skyrim 2020 Parallax                                                        Got updated

Fores New Idles for Creatures

Creature Framework

More Nasty Critters Special Edition

SexLab Aroused Creatures SE

Aroused Creature RIA

ABC

Chaurus Life

MNC Husky

Tirk The Riekling Special Edition 1.0.5

Haste                                                                               Gone from Nexus and, as i read in a thread, OA used parts of other mods without permission. Guess it is gone for good.

Mods to be added/moved/renamed

Spoiler

.NET Script Framework                                                     Required for the caching of the grass.

Diamond Skin                                                                   Can be combined with my skin to make the elves more humanlooking (i only reduced the ridges of the brows)

Skyrim 2020 - Landscape

Skyrim 2020 - Architecture

Skyrim 2020 - Other

Skyrim 2020 - Blended Roads Retexture                          Changed 'Roads' to 'Blended Roads Retexture' to make the connection more visible

WiZkiD Riften and Ratway                                                Better than the texture pack we used before

Riften in High Definition - Cobblestone                           Optional texture for the streets. Moved within the group

Sepolcri - A complete Burial Sites overhaul                     Always wanted to add this

Sepolcri - JK Patch

Sepolcri - DynDOLOD Patch                                             This is what i was waiting for!

Louder Nature - Birds And Insects

BURP - Spell Tomes                                                          Now the spellbooks look good too. 

Animated Forge Water                                                     Looking nice. Not so obvious but another small improvement.

JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company

JK's Silver-Blood Inn

JK's The Hag's Cure

Checking out

Had to roll back to an older save. With removal of the creature stuff the animations are 'snappier' and the t-posing on loading seems to be gone too.

Baka updated quite a few older mods with his versions. I'll  take a look at those too...

Edited by Aylis

With the all talk about the bird mods I am personally using mod called Birds and Flocks of SSE. (Sadly gone from nexus and I haven't been able to find the mod anywhere.) This mod did two things. It added spawning falcons to more location through the world and added the effect of the scattering bird flock in the distance ( or bat flock in the dungeons) to places all around Skyrim and other lands. It was port and polish of this old mod.

Cheers Mk

@wollboi @akadeadpool @jaeos

Quest Timing Mods: For quest timing, besides Timing is Everything SE, I have been using The Choice is Yours, and the newer At Your Own Pace. And for me they have replaced Not So Fast - Main Quest.

@MK198914

Birds and Flocks SSE Edition: Yes, I have been using that for some time. To my limited knowledge it works well. Same author as the other bird mods that some of us had trouble with. I may have found a link to a link here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/3463396?tab=about+me

@AylisThanks for the updates that let us know what you are working on. Those posts are as interesting as actual guide updates!

Creatures: As for the creature stuff, currently your guide has it as a sub-group. Perhaps it could be further labeled as optional with a "warning"?

While we are on this topic, after some years Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition just got a huge bug-fixing update, but the new version needs a new save/game. It seems to have at least some collaboration with other major creature mod authors, with more creatures to come (seriously, no pun intended).

Missives: "Missives" has been working ok for me, mostly. Besides Missives and "The Notice Board SE", I'm also using "Bounty Preview", and the excellent JSerpa mod "Headhunter - Bounties Redone", I have them working together. There are Missive patches on the Nexus for other mods that may be in one's load order. I think one issue these type of mods have is that some can try to incorporate mod-added places and NPC's to the available quests. I love this(!), but if there is a glitched out mod or an incompatibility that can show up.

@H0rnyH0rse

Thanks for trying to help! Yes, I saw that post re: the underwear. As an English speaker I got a little confused by the double (triple?) negatives in that post! Are they saying in the "MCM > Player/NPC Settings", to choose an option besides no schlong, then the mod can work?

When I go to that MCM page it doesn't give me those options anyway. My PC is currently female, so the MCM automatically lists no schlong. If I try to change that I get a warning message. Do I just ignore the warning message and do it anyway? Maybe there are other settings/install choices that are needed to even present the right options? And that setting is for the PC, not the other NPC's. I just want to cover up the dead schlongs!

Did this work for anyone?

Edited by trgdolors
1 hour ago, trgdolors said:

@H0rnyH0rse

Thanks for trying to help! Yes, I saw that post re: the underwear. As an English speaker I got a little confused by the double (triple?) negatives in that post! Are they saying in the "MCM > Player/NPC Settings", to choose an option besides no schlong, then the mod can work?

When I go to that MCM page it doesn't give me those options anyway. My PC is currently female, so the MCM automatically lists no schlong. If I try to change that I get a warning message. Do I just ignore the warning message and do it anyway? Maybe there are other settings/install choices that are needed to even present the right options? And that setting is for the PC, not the other NPC's. I just want to cover up the dead schlongs!

Did this work for anyone?

Aren't we all playing as a female? ?

I tried the mod. And so far everything seems to be working fine. Killed enemies are not naked after I loot armor and the underwear is added consistently.
Full undress is still working and all schlongs seem to be in proper condition. I am yet to find a downside to having this mod.

I tried it on a clean save and found the mentioned setting to be the default SOS setting anyways, so it should 'just work'.

Install it and see what happens. If you run into troubles I am sure we can figure it out.

Here is the settings of my SOS

Spoiler

grafik.png.b2b591525a458e59c584cce30da2d56f.png