Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

The NSFW lists on Wabbajack don't appeal to me at all. If I knew more about scripting and had the time to devote to it, I'd build my own list, but that is highly unlikely to ever happen. I'd like to see something that combines both real better gameplay AND the LL elements into something that allows one to play the game but doesn't skimp on the smut options. And even includes them like the Maids mod does.

Anyone has this problem with Fill Her Up mod?

when female NPCs finish masturbating or engaging in f/f animations, the mod still notify that the actor receives sperm from herself or her female partner. Shouldn't there be no notification because you know, no sperm involved.

@SAMarcus A compromised suggestion: download the NSFW wabbajack and replace SL mods from that modlist with the Loverslab section of this one. You then only have to deal with load order. Can't get skyrim to be the one that fit your idea without getting dirty. This is one of the reason why I don't like nexus mod collection or wabbajack, you don't play your Skyrim, you play other person's skyrim.

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.2.0'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Miniupdate before i start to recheck all mods.

RERUN for an update:

JK's Interiors Patch Collection

High Poly Head SE (Look in group 'NPC')

Wrye Bash

Removed mods

Spoiler

Area

Dawn of Skyrim (Director's Cut) SE                              Namechange of the ESP causes too many problems in the long run

JK's Skyrim - Dawn of Skyrim - Patch                          Not needed anymore

JK's Skyrim and Dawn of Skyrim - Riften Patch                             ''

NPC

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Dawn of Skyrim                  Not needed anymore

Immersive Wenches                                                      Adding too many wenches

Deadly Wenches                                                           Too deadly for its own good

Creatures

HD Birds                                                                        Gone from Nexus and imho faulty execution

Patches

Capital Windhelm Expansion - Dawn Patch                 Not needed anymore

Immersive Wenches -KS Hairs - Patch                                            ''

Added mods

Spoiler

Foundation

Lightened Skyrim                                                        Does increase, depending on the GPU, the FPS.

Area

JK's Elgrims Elixirs                                                        Simply more JK...

JK's Mistveil Keep

JK's The Bee and Barb

JK's The Pawned Prawn

JK's The Ragged Flagon

JK's The Temple of Mara

Whiterun Cottage                                                         Small player home

Whiterun Stables Farm                                                 Fixes a mesh issue

NPC

Cosmetic Vampire Overhaul HD                                   Fixes all vampire NPC

High Poly Head SE                                                        Rerun this (now with the option 'Vampire Head Fix' activated) to get HPH working for the PC.

Creatures

HD Crows

HD Pigeons

HD Seagulls

Patches

ISC Enhanced Blood Textures Patch

ISC Morrowloot Ultimate Simplified Patch

ISC Unplayable Faction Armors Patch

JK's Elgrims Elixirs - Bee and Barb Patch

Jk's Pawned Prawn - Riften Docks Overhaul Patch

Working on

Spoiler

Fill Her Up Baka Edition - Tongues Fix

Sepolcri - A complete Burial Sites overhaul                Always wanted to add this

Sepolcri - JK Patch

Sepolcri - DynDOLOD Patch                                       This is what i was waiting for!

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.0 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@wollboi

So far it seems to be save to remove on a playthrough. Only the wenches might cause problems. Hopfully the issues are gone after a refresh of the areas (aka 10 days in game).

Patch will be added. With (sky)birds gone the replacements i'm checking look good.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1602.png.703504ab4c54ebb47918c09d2b09bee6.png

Looks like the removal of the birds from Nexus is a blessing in disguise. Around 100 scripts and ~3000(!) undefined elements (should have made a screenshot) don't really paint a nice picture. The savegame went from 15 MB down to 7.5 MB just by removing it... This is almost as bad as 'Sim Settlements 2' for FO4. Also the loading times went down noticable.

Edited by Aylis

Yep, no issues with me so far with removing Dawn. I'm going to miss the Soultrapped Horker. Was very convenient.

I tossed out wenches a while ago, and when I cleaned my save I ended up with naked bandits with no heads attacking me. I read about doing the wait-ten-days-thing, but I just tossed the save file and started another one. I also tossed Birds a while ago and it helped a lot. I think it's on Reddit's "mods to avoid" for good reason. Hopefully the replacements won't be as bad, and man those crows make battlefields look super immersive.

FPS does loot noticeably better outside with Lightened. With the exception of a few hiccups, I'm getting 35-50 outside. In towns it seems drastically improved so far, but I also tossed iNeed and I have a suspicion something about what it did to the wells freaked my game out.

Edited by wollboi

I recently started playing the game with this guide and I ran into the problem probably most of you know that there is so much great stuff out there and only so few esp spots available... Is there any good way to reduce the amount of used esp slots?

I read somewhere (I believe in this guide) that reflagging them does not solve the problem. In some other post I read the suggestion that different esp's can be merged. Does that work? My first priority for this would be merging patches with main files if they are next to each other in the load order and then different mods from the same author to a similar topic (e.g. JK's Skyrim). Are there any frequent problems one has to be aware of when doing this?

Are there any other good strategies to reduce them?

1) I have been using the Flying Crows since it came out and I love it. The bird mods were so immersive but so buggy. I hope someone comes up with good replacements. Definitely leaves a hole in the Skyrim modding world.

2) I am in the middle of installing some of this guide's new mods (thanks Aylis! So great to have you back!). I was looking at the Lightened Skyrim mod. Its page strongly suggests also using this mod by WiZkiD - lilebonymace. It fixes landscape bugs and claims to also help with FPS a little. Does anyone have an opinion on it? I have never used it.

Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26138

3) Would Cosmetic Vampire Overhaul HD affect any of my vampire followers? It does say "Fixes all vampire NPC". I don't want to change them.

@Placeholder007Actually, flagging ESP's as ESL's in SSEedit works great, and its kinda fun, too. But you have to be careful. Not everything can be flagged. Fortunately, most newer mods are being designed as ESL flagged when possible.

Be careful not to get carried away and make a huge load order without testing it as you go. The sudden freedom can get one in trouble with a broken game and low FPS.

Here is a popular guide:

Ruddy88 ESLify

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42211

And the Gamer's Poet video:

https://youtu.be/g_urrHrGQOY

Edit: @akadeadpoolThanks for the thoughts on Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes.

Edited by trgdolors

@trgdolors

1. It will be several smaller mods. But it is looking good so far.

2. I used it before and wasn't really impressed. It also seemed to fix spots which didn't need a fix (aka did the opposite of what it was supposed to do).

3. It shouldn't affect them. So far all the vampires you can encounter look way better now.

And nope, i'm not completely back. I still have to hold back on typing...

@akadeadpool

I intend to once it gets out of alpha and i get the grass mod working.

Miniupdate (aka will be added to the list and the last status update) Done

Removed mods

Spoiler

Creatures

HD Birds

Added mods

Edited by Aylis
20 minutes ago, user037951 said:

Wow, I'm not versed in how save sizes work or what the standard amount of scripts/undefined elements are. But that sure as hell sounds like a lot for just some birds

It is, reducing a save file by half is actually huge, it's essentially a list of what you have (everywhere) what quests you have done, what mods are installed, what scripts are running etc. If you can reduce a save game by 7.5 MB with just removing one mod, Thats a lot of script bloat. Save games generally become unplayable at the 35mb (i think, i'm not 100% sure what size becomes unplayable for others, but mine is around 35mb and its a fail to load, or freeze hard reboot. so.. ugh, one mod gone 3 added.. 

@Aylis Thanks for the reply. Even though you are still recovering, it is good to have you back a little. Don't rush it!

1) I noticed that most, but not all the JK interiors have been included. Is there a particular reason these three were not?

JK's Bannered Mare

JK's Candlehearth Hall

JK's Silver-Blood Inn?

2) In this semi-recent Reddit thread the one conclusion the author came to was on the best snow textures. He liked Cathedral Snow... a lot. Has anyone used it before?

Winners of the GREAT Landscape Texture Battle (Best Textures of Summer 2021)

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/ong9zm/winners_of_the_great_landscape_texture_battle/

Thanks everyone!

@trgdolors

JK's Bannered Mare               Upper floor is messed up.

JK's Candlehearth Hall           Untested

JK's Silver-Blood Inn              Untested

I've run every snow texture so far and, as the used lighting and ENB play a major role in this, listed the imo best combination.

The snow and ice alone took me about two weeks (and quite a few reruns of DynDOLOD). ;)

@Aylis I'm getting some weird audio glitches. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's the latest update to Immersive Sound Compendium. I installed a few patches and it seems to have gone away. In case anyone else has similar issues, the ones I used were patches for Enhanced Blood Textures, MLU, and Unplayable Faction Armor. All are here if you want to take a look:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2951

10 hours ago, Aylis said:

@trgdolors

JK's Bannered Mare               Upper floor is messed up.

JK's Candlehearth Hall           Untested

JK's Silver-Blood Inn              Untested

I've run every snow texture so far and, as the used lighting and ENB play a major role in this, listed the imo best combination.

The snow and ice alone took me about two weeks (and quite a few reruns of DynDOLOD). ;)

two or three times a day if i remember right

4 hours ago, jaeos said:

two or three times a day if i remember right

Otherwise i wouldn't have ended up with now 301 reruns ;)

And the next one comes up when i finished downloading the newest update from Pfuscher. Looks like Nexus got a few problems with bigger files atm. Already had two broken downloads...

Hotfix (aka will be added to the list and the last status update) Done

The OA removed the patches from his file, so those have to be downladed separately now. On the positive side i could now list them separately and there's a smaller chance of something going wrong. Thanks @wollboi for reminding me.

Added mods

Found several new links for mods i won't readd to the list (like 'Skybirds'). But hopefully i'll find in that document some which are missing atm.

Edited by Aylis

Otherwise i wouldn't have ended up with now 301 reruns

@AylisThat is some dedication that boggled my mind when I first follow this guide. Prop to you for spending so much time to make this guide work.

Btw, since you're trying to clean the mod list, I'd like to point out that Unique Thane Weapons and Save the Icerunner - Lights Out Alternate Routes don't work in current load order due to record conflicts (conflicting with MLU and HP NPC respectively).

Also Luminosity should load after Window Shadows (they work currently but with light flickering, check with Proudmore Spire). It is also mentioned in Window Shadows mod page in Compatibility section.

Any suggestion how to improve FPS within town, it seems too many NPCs decrease the performance. With DoS removed, it improved a bit but I just want to ask if there's more ways.

7 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

I'd like to point out that Unique Thane Weapons and Save the Icerunner - Lights Out Alternate Routes don't work in current load order due to record conflicts (conflicting with MLU and HP NPC respectively).

In other words they work exactly as intended. ?

7 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Also Luminosity should load after Window Shadows (they work currently but with light flickering, check with Proudmore Spire). It is also mentioned in Window Shadows mod page in Compatibility section.

Huh? Thats new for me... I'll look into it.

Sepolcri is looking good. If it works fine with DynDOLOD i'll add it.

The newest 'Skyrim 2020' seems fine on the first glance. Will have to check 'a few' corners that there's no hidden surprise (mechanic :D).

Louder Nature - Birds And Insects is possibly nice addition as well.

I'll give the caching of 'No Grass In Objects' another go. Found a how-to on youtube which should help.

14 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

@AylisThat is some dedication that boggled my mind when I first follow this guide. Prop to you for spending so much time to make this guide work.

Btw, since you're trying to clean the mod list, I'd like to point out that Unique Thane Weapons and Save the Icerunner - Lights Out Alternate Routes don't work in current load order due to record conflicts (conflicting with MLU and HP NPC respectively).

Any suggestion how to improve FPS within town, it seems too many NPCs decrease the performance. With DoS removed, it improved a bit but I just want to ask if there's more ways.

lol i'm at around 120 reruns because of things like sanguines debauchery etc from the beginning of the thread.

@Aylis Ah shit, it seems we have a misunderstanding here. When I say Unique Thane Weapons and Save the Icerunner - Lights Out Alternate Routes  don't work, I mean they don't function as those mods say they should.

For Unique thane weapon, after you become thane, you don't get the thane weapons from that mod, you get thane weapons from MLU.

Eg: after you become thane of Haafingar, you should get a two-hand weapon as described in Unique Thane Weapons

Sword of Haafingar (Solitude)
Weapon model - Knight Sword SE
Enchantment: Target takes15 points of shock damage and 10 points of sun damage. Undead takes triple sun damage.
Stats: Equal to vanilla glass tier. Increased critical damage.

Default is a two-handed greatsword. You can reforge into one-handed sword and vise versa. Requires steel smithing perk.
A nice weapon for paladin/knight characters, very effective against undead enemies.

What you actually get is a one-hand sword without the ability to convert to two-hand sword.

For Save the Icerunner, despite being described in this walkthrough you don't get dialouge options to report suspicious activity to Captain Aldis. Even after you aqquire evidence after clearing Broken Oar Grotto, you dont have dialouges give them to Captain Aldis or blackmail the Argonian siblings. Those things prevent you from using all but vanilla solution to solve the quest.

Edit: despite the walkthrough says you can kill the Argonian siblings to technically complete the quest, HP NPC makes them essential so you install a mod to offer more solution to Icerunner quest only to have vanilla option as completable option.

Edited by akadeadpool

@akadeadpool

Again, the change to the weapons is intended. If you don't like that then change the LO.

You do get the option to report to Captain Aldis

Spoiler

ScreenShot1603.png.1b5c4a04cdc08dae67dfd834cef20300.png

I just did the quest. All working fine here...

Did you install the quest later and didn't rerun Wrye Bash? Thats the only problem i could possibly see...

Edited by Aylis