Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

57 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

It's been like that for a couple of days now (there are some posts about it in Community>General/Announcements). What I do is post/edit a reply, wait a couple of seconds and hit F5, that shows my message without errors or waiting too much.

Now, these mods already are in the front page, but I'll mention them either way.

Skyrim Priority SE. It may be placebo effect, but since using it I've been with stable 60 FPS in places where I usually had ~50. Also it's very simple and don't see drawbacks, so I'll keep it for more testing.

Simple Dual Sheath. I was using Ecotone's DSR, but this is pure skse plugin magic with no patches, additional meshes or even MCM. I've been using it for quick tests and it seem to do very well.

I volunteer as tribute to test both mods! Installing now. :D

Anyone knows of a mod that makes it so when you "sheath" the Bound Weapons, a different animation plays? Because in vanilla and this modlist, the PC attempts to "sheath" the weapons and after, well, they disappear. It's a bit awkward and not very immersive. Would be a lot better if the character just performed a special (un)casting animation of sort and poof, the bound weapons would vanish as a result of this.

5 hours ago, Mittelat said:

Could that be the reason why my map looks all botched?

No, definitely not.  Many/most meshes have normal maps among their textures.  The one you underlined helps the Blue Mountain Flower look the way it does.  Not clear about the map issue you're seeing.  Is it the cloud cover or something else? 

@Aylis Re wonky: yes, a bit.  I count to three and hit refresh to avoid the timeout scr's.

6 hours ago, Mittelat said:

Currently rerunning DYDOLOD, while looking at the progress something cought my eye. Is it normal that Dyndo cannot find the map and replaces it with a flat one. Could that be the reason why my map looks all botched?

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.d610ba9e21e7f2599e5bb8edd87bd693.png

Dont take what im saying as the ultimate truth, since i dont know that much about LODS, but for what i understand the map haves nothing to do with that, and even then the message you catched its for flower mountains and other stuff that are *on* the terrain rather than being the terrain it self:

A pickaxe its on the terrain but its not part of the terrain, it can have a lod but its irrelevant and a waste.   Same goes for most minuscule stuff like flowers, thats why it uses a flat replacement, theres not a LOD for it to use- But even if it was one out there you will almost never see it.

About the roads: Im rg now reinstalling more More Dirt-Snow-Ash on the Roads (i use the Really blended roads option on blended roads) because they do looks really bad like a really bad Mud (it reminds me of Rasputitsa)

if this time it also ends up looking wack i will just turn it off and see how it looks.

30 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Dont take what im saying as the ultimate truth, since i dont know that much about LODS, but for what i understand the map haves nothing to do with that

What you see in the map menu is a set of lod textures (\textures\terrain\tamriel\*.dds and \textures\terrain\dlc2solstheimworld\*.dds). LODGen updates even the ones shown in the menu.

What I do is use A Quality World Map, unpack its BSA and after generating the LODGen output I go in the conflicts tab in MO and delete all the LODGen files that conflict with A Quality World Map. (as I've commented a few times, I don't use this exact modlist, so take all of this with a grain of salt) it should be possible to hide these entire folders (\textures\terrain\tamriel and \textures\terrain\dlc2solstheimworld) without using A quality world map and achieve a similar effect (in this case the vanilla map lods would be preserved).

30 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

What you see in the map menu is a set of lod textures (\textures\terrain\tamriel\*.dds and \textures\terrain\dlc2solstheimworld\*.dds). LODGen updates even the ones shown in the menu.

What I do is use A Quality World Map, unpack its BSA and after generating the LODGen output I go in the conflicts tab in MO and delete all the LODGen files that conflict with A Quality World Map. (as I've commented a few times, I don't use this exact modlist, so take all of this with a grain of salt) it should be possible to hide these entire folders (\textures\terrain\tamriel and \textures\terrain\dlc2solstheimworld) without using A quality world map and achieve a similar effect (in this case the vanilla map lods would be preserved).

great, i didnt know that!

My problem with A Quality World Map its that it feels way too overtuned, the roads look like god used a stick to draw them on the terrain, and in general something feels off fro me: Not to mention that i love the fog on the map and it removes it...  i really love the paper variant but it seems to have its own problems so i just cant use that mod at all: Might be useful for @Mittelat tho.

@Mittelat I personally use this one most of the time https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10836 goes great with Dear Diary and i think it adds an extra layer of inmersion, but even if you dont care about it it can be used to hide under the rug the ugly world map, no complications, just install it as the very last mod, if something goes wrong just remove it.

49 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

@Aylis
Those two have the same name and i had a legit Bruh moment for 2 minutes checking if they where the same since MO2 keep telling me the mod was already installed, yet it was my first time downloading it..

Had something similar. No notification on Nexus that i already had downloaded it... Might have missed it on the installation. Fixed now

@Aylis

Just updated to the newst version of the guide. Followed your instructions. While playing i noticed that the new armor sets are displayed when i look at the in my inventory and on NPC's. But when i put them on the still look like the vanilla version. I guess it's a problem with the load order. Could you pin point me, where to look?

Current Modlist:

https://modwat.ch/u/Mittelat

New armor - correctly displayed while in the inventory

Spoiler

ScreenShot7.thumb.png.102812ce7d7c8a081b26c3841c103370.png

But doesn't apply when worn.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7dfe45ae329dd2410fcf8870c3fb3323.png

EDIT:

It does show up correclty when i shoot an arrow in first person - weird. I dont have to redo the bodyslide, right?

Spoiler

ScreenShot9.thumb.png.1aef02f94e0ba99225741877710cd81d.png

I have the same problem. Gonna try disabling one mod at a time and see what's up

edit: seems like it's a female-only bug with CBBE BodySlide interaction. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47184?tab=posts&BH=6

And only with some armor sets, Fur being one of them. Seems like BodySlide takes the vanilla .nif mesh files when batch building and not the ones installed with Simply Realistic Armor no matter what you do, even if you manually copy them in the right folder. I will investigate further.

Edit2: I have tried having no BodySlide files active (all unchecked), I have also unchecked BodySlide, CBBE and all its related mods, and I also have Simply Realistic Armors dead last in my load order, and yet it doesn't work. Really puzzled here.

Edit3 (lmao): @Mittelat Okay it works here's what you have to do. First of all, running BodySlide overwrites Simply Realistic Armors because that's how BodySlide works: it takes vanilla armor meshes from skyrim.esm or something, not Simply Realistic Armor meshes when creating the patch. So depending on your CBBE install options and BodySlide requirements, 2 different things need to happen :

1. If you are using default CBBE body options (Curvy, Slim, etc) for all your outfits, then simply NEVER apply further BodySlide patches to Vanilla outfits. Let the CBBE mod do this by default and don't touch anything. Patch custom outfits as normal, uncheck vanilla outfits. You don't want physics on such gorgeous practical armors anyway.

2. If you are using a custom CBBE body preset (like Kurone Preset for example), then you will need to first patch the Vanilla outfits with BodySlide into Overwrite, make a mod out of it and move it above Simply Realistic Armor, but below CBBE, and activate that. Then patch all other outfits as normal.

Now even if you do this it might not work, because of a retarded bug I can't explain. You can turn off everything, put Simply Realistic Armors dead last in your load order, and it won't work because computers are inherently retarded it would seem. So after doing the steps above just REINSTALL Simply Realistic Armors (Replace when prompted, same place in the load order), yep that's right, do this totally useless thing that shouldn't have any impact in MO2 but somehow... does. And poof, it should work. It did for me and I had the exact same problem you had.

BTW everybody should do this.

You can test the bug for yourself by equipping a fur armor and comparing how it looks on you vs how it looks in the preview on the right side of the inventory or in 1st person. If you batch-built any custom preset over vanilla armors, it won't be the right meshes, it will be the vanilla ones. It's highlighted in a sticky post on the modpage by the mod author, it's a compatibility bug for everyone who are batch-building vanilla outfits using CBBE BodySlide over Simply Realistic Armors (so basically almost everyone who reads this thread). At first I noticed but thought the problem was a mistake I did along the way -- it's not, it's an automatic bug with current versions of those mods.

Edit4: For clarification, Aylis has confirmed below that using their premade Bodyslide files will fix this issue. For everyone else though who are using custom Bodyslide presets and don't wish to use the premade files, you need to do the steps above to fix the issue.

Edited by maltodaxtrin
5 hours ago, maltodaxtrin said:

I have the same problem. Gonna try disabling one mod at a time and see what's up

edit: seems like it's a female-only bug with CBBE BodySlide interaction. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47184?tab=posts&BH=6

And only with some armor sets, Fur being one of them. Seems like BodySlide takes the vanilla .nif mesh files when batch building and not the ones installed with Simply Realistic Armor no matter what you do, even if you manually copy them in the right folder. I will investigate further.

Edit2: I have tried having no BodySlide files active (all unchecked), I have also unchecked BodySlide, CBBE and all its related mods, and I also have Simply Realistic Armors dead last in my load order, and yet it doesn't work. Really puzzled here.

Edit3 (lmao): @Mittelat Okay it works here's what you have to do. First of all, running BodySlide overwrites Simply Realistic Armors because that's how BodySlide works: it takes vanilla armor meshes from skyrim.esm or something, not Simply Realistic Armor meshes when creating the patch. So depending on your CBBE install options and BodySlide requirements, 2 different things need to happen :

1. If you are using default CBBE body options (Curvy, Slim, etc) for all your outfits, then simply NEVER apply further BodySlide patches to Vanilla outfits. Let the CBBE mod do this by default and don't touch anything. Patch custom outfits as normal, uncheck vanilla outfits. You don't want physics on such gorgeous practical armors anyway.

2. If you are using a custom CBBE body preset (like Kurone Preset for example), then you will need to first patch the Vanilla outfits with BodySlide into Overwrite, make a mod out of it and move it above Simply Realistic Armor, but below CBBE, and activate that. Then patch all other outfits as normal.

Now even if you do this it might not work, because of a retarded bug I can't explain. You can turn off everything, put Simply Realistic Armors dead last in your load order, and it won't work because computers are inherently retarded it would seem. So after doing the steps above just REINSTALL Simply Realistic Armors (Replace when prompted, same place in the load order), yep that's right, do this totally useless thing that shouldn't have any impact in MO2 but somehow... does. And poof, it should work. It did for me and I had the exact same problem you had.

BTW everybody should do this.

You can test the bug for yourself by equipping a fur armor and comparing how it looks on you vs how it looks in the preview on the right side of the inventory or in 1st person. If you batch-built any custom preset over vanilla armors, it won't be the right meshes, it will be the vanilla ones. It's highlighted in a sticky post on the modpage by the mod author, it's a compatibility bug for everyone who are batch-building vanilla outfits using CBBE BodySlide over Simply Realistic Armors (so basically almost everyone who reads this thread). At first I noticed but thought the problem was a mistake I did along the way -- it's not, it's an automatic bug with current versions of those mods.

First of all thank you for the explanation. A weird bug that is for sure. But that is to be expected, when running so many mods.

Could you be so kind and eloborate Step 2 a bit more. I use a custom Body preset. When i created my bodyslides for the first time i just ticked all checkboxes (see spoiler) and then choosed all the physics options afer batch building them.

If i understood you right i have to first patch the "CBBE Vanilla Outfits" (without physics?), create a mod from overwrite, and the let bodyslide run again with the rest of the checkboxes ticked, right?

Spoiler

grafik.png.1fcfc70f700c493229e09ae1945eede3.png

19 minutes ago, Mittelat said:

First of all thank you for the explanation. A weird bug that is for sure. But that is to be expected, when running so many mods.

Could you be so kind and eloborate Step 2 a bit more. I use a custom Body preset. When i created my bodyslides for the first time i just ticked all checkboxes (see spoiler) and then choosed all the physics options afer batch building them.

If i understood you right i have to first patch the "CBBE Vanilla Outfits" (without physics?), create a mod from overwrite, and the let bodyslide run again with the rest of the checkboxes ticked, right?

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.1fcfc70f700c493229e09ae1945eede3.png

Yes, you need to patch the Vanilla outfits separately first, then create a distinct mod from that. If you followed Aylis' guide closely, your BodySlide Output itself is probably a mod, so once that's done you'll have to pull the files from it and put them into overwrite, and then make a new mod out of it so that you can move that above Simply Realistic Armors.

Then patch the rest of the outfits. Boot the game (just textures and meshes so no need to re-run FNIS or anything)

If it doesn't work after the bodyslide stuff reinstall Simply Realistic Armors at the same place. For some obscure reason it can fix things.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, Just Don't said:

Now, these mods already are in the front page, but I'll mention them either way.

Skyrim Priority SE. It may be placebo effect, but since using it I've been with stable 60 FPS in places where I usually had ~50. Also its code is very simple and I don't see any drawbacks, so I'll keep it for more testing.

Simple Dual Sheath. I was using Ecotone's DSR, but this is pure skse plugin magic with no patches, additional meshes or even MCM. I've been using it for quick tests and it seem to do very well.

I was about to recommend these mods. I can see an improvement in performance with Skyrim Priority SE. Maybe it's placebo, but I notice it anyways.

About Simple Dual Sheath, I can combine it with All Geared Up Derivative which allows to show all my favorite gear in my character (I like it for immersion). What you have to do is untick the options in the MCM for showing the gear on NPCs and use Simple Dual Sheath to manage the NPCs. Before, I decided not to use AllGUD because the mod was horrible in terms of script lag, mostly in cities, where it would run scripts on all NPCs in the cell to manage the equipment. This happens even if you tick off the options for NPCs. Now, with this mod AllGUD Tweaks, once you tick off the options for NPCs, AllGUD won't run any script, which improves performance enormously - at least that's what I can see with the little time that I have tested it. Before AllGUD Tweaks was available, I would not recomend AllGUD at all. Now, I like it for the time being and if it keeps performing this well. 

I want to recommend also a couple of mods that I've been using recently and I think they work really well with Aylis' list. First is this one, Smooth DAR Combat Dodge. (I think somebody already recommended it in this thread, but I'm not sure). It's simple. You tick the option for Step Dodge in TK Dodge, and with this mod every time you press the dodge key together with the attack key, you roll instead of step aside. Despite its simplicity, it makes combat way more dynamic, allowing two types of dodges, step and roll. 

The other mod I am using is an armor mod that I think it goes very well with the other armor mods already in the list. DX Druid Armor - UNP and its conversion to CBEE DX Druid Armor - CBBE SE HDT-SMP. I think this armor looks amazing and lore friendly (great for an archer-bosmer character or follower). It is also not too skimpy -at least, not skimpier than the Forsworn armor that we already have in the list. I just think the armor is top-notch quality, as with most of the armors of its author - although, unfortunately, many of them are way too skimpy or not very lore friendly. This one is, in my opinion. I leave you a couple of screenshots to show you how it looks in my character.

Spoiler

ScreenShot6.thumb.png.13834ff9bf87145948c2817f106c712e.png

ScreenShot7.thumb.png.fcb38c1f7ddc19f7c503fcbd0b7b521f.png

@Mittelat @maltodaxtrin You've figured it out already, but the newer armor replacers don't play well with bodyslide if you do a custom slide. If you use the ones Aylis built for Wrong Body then it works. Wrong isn't my favorite slide, but hopefully somebody will come up with a more permanent solution eventually.

---

Unrelated - Has anyone updated to the newest version of Immersive Interactions after having an older version running? The author says it may cause problems with existing characters and I don't want to hose this playthough. I'm on 1.03 for reference. Just wondering if anybody updated it from that version to a newer one without issue.

31 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Mittelat @maltodaxtrin You've figured it out already, but the newer armor replacers don't play well with bodyslide if you do a custom slide. If you use the ones Aylis built for Wrong Body then it works. Wrong isn't my favorite slide, but hopefully somebody will come up with a more permanent solution eventually.

---

Unrelated - Has anyone updated to the newest version of Immersive Interactions after having an older version running? The author says it may cause problems with existing characters and I don't want to hose this playthough. I'm on 1.03 for reference. Just wondering if anybody updated it from that version to a newer one without issue.

Oh so Aylis already considered this bug in their premade bodyslides? That's a relief. Everyone who followed the guide and used the premade Bodyslides will be fine. For all the others though... you have to do the steps outlined in my post above and it will work, even with a custom bodyslide preset.

Personally I prefer the default CBBE Curvy preset so I just... don't build the vanilla outfits anymore.

8 hours ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Oh so Aylis already considered this bug in their premade bodyslides? That's a relief. Everyone who followed the guide and used the premade Bodyslides will be fine. For all the others though... you have to do the steps outlined in my post above and it will work, even with a custom bodyslide preset.

Personally I prefer the default CBBE Curvy preset so I just... don't build the vanilla outfits anymore.

I've never built the stock cbbe outfits, most replacers put their stuff into their own special groups, deleting the made bodyslide outfits (what you make when you batch build) then building just those groups should allow it to overwrite the stock outfits regardless of the premade body settings.

19 hours ago, jaeos said:

I've never built the stock cbbe outfits, most replacers put their stuff into their own special groups, deleting the made bodyslide outfits (what you make when you batch build) then building just those groups should allow it to overwrite the stock outfits regardless of the premade body settings.

Just want to second this.  For me, it's much easier to just build the add-on armors, both standalone and replacers, particularly if you like to play with their meshes and attributes - much less clutter.  I know some prefer otherwise.  Jump in here if see it diff

2 hours ago, Tempfiks said:

Just want to second this.  For me, it's much easier to just build the add-on armors, both standalone and replacers, particularly if you like to play with their meshes and attributes - much less clutter.  I know some prefer otherwise.  Jump in here if see it diff

If you have a custom BodySlide preset though you need to build the vanilla outfits too or else they won't fit your custom preset, they'll be either Curvy/Slim/or whatever you picked when installing CBBE

Guys,

i need your assesment on my perfromance in skyrim.

PC:

Vega 64 Nitro +

I-7 3770k

16 gb of DDR3 

500 G SSD (Game location)

1 TB HDD (Downloads etc.)

Resolution 3440 x 1440 - 21:9

Whenever possible i only downloaded 2k Textures. I created DYNdoLOD with 256 instead of 512, as shown in the guide.

I also use NVT ENB.

Inside i get around 27 - 35 fps

Outside it gets nearly unplayable. I'm currently at dawnstar at get frequent drops to 22 FPS. 

Tried all three versions of the ENB (Performance, Quality, Full Quality) with only minor chances.

So i disabled the ENB. And i got 50 - 59 fps indoors. But at the same spot in Dawnstar it doesnt matter if i enable or disable the ENB. I still get 22 - 27 fps outside. 

And thats what i don't get. Shouldn't the pefromance increase as drastically outside as it does inside, when i disable the ENB?

I alread tweaked my settings with bethini. I didn't use the provided ini file by aylis as it is for the RUDY ENB, right?

Thankful for every help.

5 hours ago, Maligus said:

Has anyone encountered this bug before and what might be the culprit?

Reveal hidden contents

3971e6e64222523397b5b2d7561a8e79.png.3845a5921bd8c83fe26af7016265366b.png

If you have any LE mods, look for and remove all *.tga files - if not, no ideas atm.

Does the face re-appear with the hood removed?