Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, Kyrain said:

Why does it to be such a hassle to freaking mod the game man.. just tired to mod it and nothing fucking works reinstalling everything and trying again..

Because bethesda, while not actively discouraging mods, makes making them a pain in the ass with a ton of hoops to jump through. Secondly, mod writers don't collaberate from the beginning on certain.. strains.. of mods such as the ones I mentioned in an earlier post. 

Slow down, you will not put all of these mods into the game in 20 minutes. It will take you a few days to download all of these even with high speed servers from nexus and here. a fresh install of this entire list should take about 18 hours download time, and about 6 hours install time. 

What's wrong, it may be one mod is corrupt on download and you don't actually need to re-download everything. 

4 hours ago, Mittelat said:

On this topic. What do i do with the creature framework. Do i deactivate it the samw way as FNIS, after running it and creating the output?

No.. CF is exactly what it says, a creature framework, for dicks. If you shut it off none of your animals will have them. (including the drauger, dragon priests, anything that is a non-playable race)

5 hours ago, Kyrain said:

Why does it to be such a hassle to freaking mod the game man.. just tired to mod it and nothing fucking works reinstalling everything and trying again..

Take a deep breath before starting over, make sure you read Aylis' posts in the first page, all of them, because sometimes you have to go read stuff in the installation section in the middle of your load order, or in the Tips and Tricks section, so you have to kind of be very familiar with the content in all of the posts, not just the first one.

Follow every step, don't skip anything because mostly everything is important, and what isn't you don't really know at this point, so assume everything is important. Don't install any other mod than what's prescribed on Aylis' list. Skip optional mods if you want but don't skip any required mod. Make sure you start from a fresh install. If Aylis doesn't mention something, it's because it's not worth mentioning. Make sure you read some of the mod descriptions you see, especially for big and complex systems or mods, it's important that you understand what the mods do and why they're included (and how they could cause problems)

Then once you've followed everything boot the game (SKSE from MO2 launcher), and hopefully it works. Worked for me anyway. I rarely get crashes, and when I do, I suspect they're caused either by mods I skipped in Aylis' list (I skipped Movement Behavior Overhaul and Guards Armor Replacer among others), or new mods I've added (I've added about 50 mods)

You can do it.

9 hours ago, Aylis said:

Nope. That has to stay active, otherwise i'd have mentioned that.

On running FNIS i encouter the following warning: Is that a false positive?

EDIT: After a google search it seems like this error pops up when one doesn't have the right version (LE/SE). But i did choose the version for Skyrim Special Edition.

Found this post:

https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/issues/98

--> : Seems like the MNC_v12_5SE.7z is the incorrect version. I now downloaded and installed MNC_v12_3SSE_Experiemental and it worked.

Spoiler

grafik.png.ab3438860f0fa3c5f5fc5b9c182634a9.png

Ok i've now created my FNIS Output. Deactivated the main FNIS mod. Then actviated NEMESIS and run the update. Then in launchend the Behavior Engine.

I got multiple Warnings. All 32bit hkx files. My guess is that those are animations for the Skyirim Legendary architecture, and as the Skyrim Special Edition is 64 bit they won't work, right?

Spoiler

grafik.png.9af6f754c69cea713ebec3bee3247239.pnggrafik.png.c29f6d6af15c8baeb702a3223cea6e69.png

AH! Now i remeber. In the mod description of: Smooth Magic Casting Animation the following is written:

"This mode contains 32-bit hkx files.

Do not erase or convert 32-bit hkx files to 64-bit.

This file is a fake file that modifies the mannequinization of the left hand when the magic is mounted only on the right hand.

You can ignore Nemesis' warning."

So i can disregard the warning, right?

6 hours ago, Mittelat said:

So i can disregard the warning, right?

Yes, I think so, the other warnings are likely to be from Lowered Hands and it worked fine for me when I disregarded them.  To check the winning source mod (for any file), Hit the Data tab above the right pane and drill down the path that Nemesis gave you.  MO2 will show you the mod that owns those files/  Data tab may be The most useful reference MO2 gives you, use it all the time.

You're getting close!

Just to remind, this has come up before, and not that long ago - best to search first and post last, just sayin'

Mod Till It Breaks Then Learn To Fix It!

@all

Simply ignore the warnings from Nemesis. It is similar to the warnings from MO2 when you use a FOMOD (aka throwing a fit and giving out false positives). We're using it on top of FNIS and that is confusing it as it expects to be alone. It will work anyway, so why even bother with them?

@Bronzewynd

Sounds like you got a broken mesh somewhere.

12 hours ago, Aylis said:

Simply ignore the warnings from Nemesis. It is similar to the warnings from MO2 when you use a FOMOD (aka throwing a fit and giving out false positives). We're using it on top of FNIS and that is confusing it as it expects to be alone. It will work anyway, so why even bother with them?

I didn't notice this was Nemesis specific, but you're right. These files are only detected by Nemesis, I got no warnings in FNIS even with the HKX file check enabled. Perhaps a note about ignoring those warnings when you list these mods or Nemesis would help (although some of these mods already contain such info in the description).

12 hours ago, menehillion said:

I couldn't find any mention of CGO/Ultimate combat/wildcat etc, before I end up breaking everything - is there anyone using them with this mod list or any known conflicts?

I posted my combat setup a few days ago. I'll post it again. I also changed a couple of things and corrected a mistake that I made that prevented MBO, JBO and the Nemesis Patch for AGO to work properly. (I don't use CGO, though, just because I don't like it, but I tested it and it works fine... more or less - some animations that are already in the list probably are redundant if you use CGO.)

Spoiler

Archery Gameplay Overhaul (before XP32 that is already in Aylis' list)

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended (already in the list)

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts (already in the list)

Better Female for XPMSSE (already in the list)

AGO - XP32 Patch

AGO - Nemesis Patch

- (Rest of Aylis animation mods)....

360 Walk and Run Plus

Dual Wield Blocking for Idiots

Dual Wield Attack Power Forward Replacer

Smart NPC Potions

Violens - A Killmove Mod

Wildcat

Ultimate Combat (it works with FNIS Creatures installed... I don't know why it says it doesn't in the page. Probably because we are running also Nemesis... I have no idea, but it works for me).

Attack Commitment Speed Fluid

You may want to take out Casual Bow Animation from the list, because it gets redundant with AGO.

You can put them in the list in Physics and Animations section. Right before HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics). It works for me that way. There is some overlapping between some of these mods, but you can sort it out using the MCM's. I tried many different positions between them in the list and this is the one that works for me.

12 hours ago, Aylis said:

@all

@Bronzewynd

Sounds like you got a broken mesh somewhere.

Thank you. Now i run into this problem. While following STEP 1. for the xLOD generation i encountered this problem. I have one option more than in your guide. No idea where it comes from. I got all optional Quest mods installed, can they be the root of the problem?

What should i do with it?

A quick search in google and in this topic brought nothing.

Spoiler

grafik.png.951b41690909dedf57fa8d7b62e7f84a.png

everything seems to work really well, some crashes here and there (seem to be related to any time I immolate more than one enemy on their death animation with fire, also any time I try and approach Ivarstead from the bridge, can directly spawn there though without issues, but not walk from the ruins to Ivarstead without crashing.)

Ivarstead might have something to do with loading and unloading the area around it?

I've got 32gigs of VRAM so not sure what is causing the CTD with the fiery deaths.

12 minutes ago, Maligus said:

everything seems to work really well, some crashes here and there (seem to be related to any time I immolate more than one enemy on their death animation with fire, also any time I try and approach Ivarstead from the bridge, can directly spawn there though without issues, but not walk from the ruins to Ivarstead without crashing.)

Ivarstead might have something to do with loading and unloading the area around it?

I've got 32gigs of VRAM so not sure what is causing the CTD with the fiery deaths.

Come to think of it I did have 1 or 2 crashes too when blowing enemies up with fireballs. You might be onto something here.

4 hours ago, Mittelat said:

Thank you. Now i run into this problem. While following STEP 1. for the xLOD generation i encountered this problem. I have one option more than in your guide. No idea where it comes from. I got all optional Quest mods installed, can they be the root of the problem?

What should i do with it?

A quick search in google and in this topic brought nothing.

Hide contents

Of course, I meant to say: Select All in the left pane. 

Your screenshot differs from the instructions in a more important way - looking at the instructions:

Configuration and running the programs - Part 1 (LOD4)

It clearly shows that only Terrain LOD should be selected on the right and the settings shown under that selection should be followed closely there and through the next three screens.

20 minutes ago, Maligus said:

@fritzfried that should be on, where would I find the logs?

The log should show up in Overwrite when .net sees a CTD and can then be moved to a dedicated '.NET logs mod folder', 

You may have to enable crash logs in NetScriptFramework.config.txt

There's also .NET Script Framework's Common Crashes and Fixes  which may be of limited utility right now, but deserves to be supported, IMHO

@Maligus You are supposed to have both of those .ini files in Overwrite. Not saying your problem isn't related to FEC, but they are definitely supposed to both be there.

(I wish FEC didn't cause my followers damage with the residual fire/electricity effects. Sofia didn't deserve to go out like that.)

1 hour ago, Maligus said:

@Tempfiks ok from what I was able to find in overwrite after replicating the crash (made sure net framework logging was on as well) is this screenshot. 

I believe this is the mod it's pointing to? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3532?tab=posts

Nothing is pointing to anything really. As wollboi says these are files in Overwrite. You don't have any crash log in there.

About the mystical fire over the carpet: open console click in the fire and see the info in the bottom-right corner of the screen to see which mods are related to it.