Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Heads up for those with a weird white glow on characters and armors in the rain, even though there's a R.A.S.S Fix included for Rudy ENB, if you don't go into your MCM (under RASS) and turn off rain effects on characters, they will all have a weird WHITE GLOW on them when it rains. Just turn the setting to off and the issue is fixed. Drove me nuts for a while, I was looking everywhere in ENB settings but it's actually a RASS compatibility problem with Rudy ENB that gets fixed in the MCM... not in the load order.

1 hour ago, Mittelat said:

Did i place it right?

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.b14366b95a3aa81cdde116db9c3ab877.png

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.thumb.png.1c1164c77058d2dc0a1648b57246ab28.png

Well, your mod order (left pane) looks pretty good but your plugin order (right pane) needs to be sorted out to match it.  Keep an eye on all the yellow dot mods/patches because they are exceptions and have to be moved somewhere other than the sequence where they get installed. 

If, in the Pre-Installation, you have correctly installed the mod Sync Load Order Plugin for Mod Organizer 2 (actually Sync Plugins with Mod Order), you can click the puzzle icon (top left of MO2) and then 'Sync Plugins'.  This will order most of the right pane plugins to match the installation order you've established in the left pane.  Then you have go down the list of yellow dot patches and move them to where the guide tells you.  Also, some mods add more than one .esp and these may also be slightly out of order.  What you have to do with these is figure out which one is supposed to be in charge and place it just above all its sisters.  In your case, after syncing, the two YOT plugins would jump up to right below the plugin J42_ArmorRatingRedux.esp and you would then manually drag YOT-ImmersiveSounds.esp down to right below AOS_ISC_Integration.esp - which is what the yellow dot tells you.

Unfortunately, if you haven't installed Sync Plugins w/ Mod Order, you will have to do this entire process by hand - it can be done of course, but it takes a bit of time.

None of this is as complicated as it may sound when it's described, it's much easier to do.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:12 AM, Lycentious said:

Hi all I'm looking for some help troubleshooting,

So I recently came across this really nice guide (thanks Aylis!) and have been following it.
I've finished installing everything and done the Bashed Patch, installed ini files and DynDOLOD Oututs. however my game will CTD on startup.

So what happens is:

1. I launch SKSE from Mod Organizer.
  2. I get a black screen with text on the top left saying
    "ENBSeries compiling shaders, please wait.
    Set ShaderCache=true in the enblocal.ini to reduce compilation time after first build of cache.
    Also enable shader caching in video driver setting."
  3. The game then loads, I see the Main Menu background very faintly for a couple seconds then it crashes to desktop.

I've tried multiple fixes, alternating between true and false for ShaderCache, making sure shader caching is enabled in video driver, disabling optional mods, making sure Steam Overlay is disabled etc. but nothing seems to work. My load order is in accordance to the modlist and I've moved .esm and .esp files where they should be.

I have a feeling it's probably ENB that's causing this issue.

It'd be appreciated if someone could help.

ModList.txt 29.42 kB · 5 downloads

Yup, I'm way late to the party, CTD on startup is one of two things, and it's really one. 

how many animations do you have? If you are getting to the menu (usually the empire dragon) it's to many animations. If you are not even getting that far it's a missing master.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:56 PM, Aylis said:

In the end it is a combination of all the things previously mentioned. Let's compare the sex part of 'Skyrim SE' with 'FO4':

Interaction

FO4: a whole group is working on getting everything regarding AAF to work together. With one thread having all the informations you need.

SSE: one group working on DD alone. The rest is done by various authors and a lot of them seem to work alone and are more interested in doing their own thing. 

Information

FO4: One thread to get everything.

SSE: you're lucky if you find required informations on page #62 of a thread and those usually are buried under a heap of other posts.

Bugs

FO4: one known bug regarding Supermutants (which is hard to nail down). The rest is usually compatability issues and those get solved asap.

SSE: a plethora of bugs you have to work around. Also every update to a mod can cause issues somewhere else.

Versions

FO4: one version for everything.

SSE: a lot of the original authors (if they are still active) still use LE. So we have to rely on ports which are often done by a different person. This split hurts us a lot!

Now let's take a look at DD:

1. the author is still on LE.

2. the download is ~2.3 GB plus ~700 MB bodyslides plus ~1.2 GB created bodyslides for the framework alone.

3. the physics have changed drastically between LE and SE. Which is another can of worms... (Kudos to the guys who have the patience to work on it).

4. most of the mod doesn't fit into Skyrim. If there was a small version with items which would be believable for the timeperiod it would be in the list...

5. a lot of the addons have some issues.

The addons for DD don't look much better.

'Kyne's Blessing'/'Parasites'

Got a prerequisite which doesn't firt too well into Skyrim. Casting spells that summon sex-machines of the Dwemer? Ehm, a big 'no' from my side! Might add it later, but only if you can deactivate the machines and the spells of the prerequisite. Then we got only a half-finished questline which will stay in your questlog... Another thing, although i'd love to add it, which makes it unusable from my point of view.

Add to that the requirement of DD (why isn't there a small version for this mod alone?) and its inclusion is very doubtful for the next years.

'Sanguine's Debauchery'

Per se a very interesting mod. But it has some issues we tried to fix for weeks (@jaeos Remember that one?). The one thing i don't like is that it sort of forces you into a certain type of gameplay/tells you to like some stuff (which i totally disagree with!). So in the end it will propably never be added again.

'Devious Loot'

So many problems with one mod... Tried it, ran into bugs, removed it. Although i like the general idea of cursed loot, hopping for half an hour through Sklyrim to the next smith, which hopefully can release you, is not my idea of fun.

In the end you constantly get some new devices (which are often enough hard to get rid off) and when NPC start to show up in the stuff... Nope! Not in my Skyrim!

oh.. i remember.. and the issues with the dibella priests and the fact the neither author talks and collaborates together to truly integrate their mods together so if you have both dibella sisterhood and sanguines debauchery they recognize it and play off each other because you're either an Alicia for Sanguine and actively helping him destroy the cult of dibella (which if you use dibellian defender should make THAT mod quit working as you are no longer working for dibella you are an agent of sanguine) or you are trying to stop sanguine in dibella. you can do both. And that's a load of shit. 

9 hours ago, Insertthyname said:

What would happen if I ended up using LOOT?

It puts the list into an order that makes sense to LOOT. will it work, probably, The whole reason for putting the mods into the order @Aylisdoes is this. 

MOD A complete armor replacer

MOD B glass armor replacer

MOD C truly see through glass armor (just a texture redo)

LOOT might put them as 

MOD C
MOD A
MOD B
so now mod C becomes redundant (it doesn't work) and you no longer have see through glass armor and weapons

or LOOT puts them backwards

MOD C 

MOD B
MOD A
Now your added mods to get (maybe skimpier, maybe not) glass armors that the glass parts are see-through are useless. 

LOOT is great for checking to see if you are missing anything, or missing a patch to something. as far as sorting, it was supposed to help people sort a massive list and make it playable. This list is very specific, it starts with a solid base mod (static mesh improvment mod) and ever so slightly tweaks different parts of the textures using other mods to make it look truly astounding.

13 hours ago, Mittelat said:

Did i place it right?

Hide contents

grafik.png.b14366b95a3aa81cdde116db9c3ab877.png

Hide contents

grafik.thumb.png.1c1164c77058d2dc0a1648b57246ab28.png

not in the left pane, Right pane looks ok though. Left pane shows it as mod 469 when it should be down around mod 512. you are also missing a master for dawnguard sentries and AOS_EBT patch and dibella cult (i'm assuming it's missing sexlab) 

EDIT: For now until you have all the mods installed the only pane that matters is the left pane. once you do that (it will take about 15 min) right click the left pane, and disable all visible) go back to the top and enable each mod by ticking the box. 605 mods in mine and it takes about 17 minutes. then your right pane and left pane will match exactly, without having to look for "yellow dot" mods and moving them again. Then go to your right pane and move the BOLD mods (RSSkyrimChildren.esm is an example in your screenshot) to the top and try to keep them in order (they tend to go just above the next .esm they come across) 

EDIT: EDIT: 

I really should check my own MO rather than just going off two screenshots. I still say you're fine since you are still installing mods, once you do then you can worry about sorting them. You could always untick them all until you get everything installed in order then activate them one by one. 

So, I've finished downloading and cleaning mods (yay!?). Now, I am confused about installing the animations. The guide mentions what to with Fnis and Nemesis, but no mention of DAR. How does DAR fit into this?

Also, Loot "highly recommends" for Ordinator to have Bug Fixes SSE (which requires .Net Script Framework). Just wondering if I did something wrong.

31 minutes ago, unnameable said:

So, I've finished downloading and cleaning mods (yay!?). Now, I am confused about installing the animations. The guide mentions what to with Fnis and Nemesis, but no mention of DAR. How does DAR fit into this?

Also, Loot "highly recommends" for Ordinator to have Bug Fixes SSE (which requires .Net Script Framework). Just wondering if I did something wrong.

nope. Run FNIS. make the FNIS output mod,, turn it on, turn off the main fnis and run Nemesis, leave it active and make another mod named Nemesis output . Done.

34 minutes ago, unnameable said:

How does DAR fit into this?

1. Most of the DAR mods are 'install and forget' and the ones that arn't are covered by Nemesis.

2. LOOT got quite a few false positives. Like asking for patches that are already covered by other mods or arn't necessary 'cause i found another way to get around them.

Hello everyone,

i think i'm getting close. I've done so much better in comparison to my first try at this list. Now i finished everything until the FNIS and Nemes Override, Bodyslide, Wyre Bash and DyDOLOD. Before i begin with those steps, i would ask, if one of you could take a look at my current load order. I moved all the patches and mods that were marked with a yellow dot. But i just want to be sure ?

Here is the link to my Modwatch list. So it is easier to look at.

https://modwat.ch/u/Mittelat/plugins

The red line indicates where i am at the moment. The last thing i installed was the Greek Goddess - Collsion

Spoiler

grafik.png.26512a20ef3ab7ef63d89331ee45005d.png

Thank you for your help.

32 minutes ago, Mittelat said:

Hello everyone,

i think i'm getting close. I've done so much better in comparison to my first try at this list. Now i finished everything until the FNIS and Nemes Override, Bodyslide, Wyre Bash and DyDOLOD. Before i begin with those steps, i would ask, if one of you could take a look at my current load order. I moved all the patches and mods that were marked with a yellow dot. But i just want to be sure ?

The red line indicates where i am at the moment. The last thing i installed was the Greek Goddess - Collsion

Hide contents

Thank you for your help.

Then you have finally dowwnloaded and installed everything you need, all that is left is making all of your outputs or overrides. 

@Aylis Skyrim unbound reborn doesn't work well with Death is Highly Overrated (which doesn't work well with Defeat unless you set defeat at almost 30% health, but i digress)

If you die it puts you back at your "spawn point", which for unbound is the mountain above helgen, not where you actually start the game after your char creation, like the little hunting camp outside helgen if you choose to be in the wild hunting etc. 

I get animation file errors after running Nemesis. I read about the 32 hkx file formats and how to update them, but I feel I may have gone off track somewhere

Spoiler

Checking engine version

Engine is up to date

Version Code: 9735-7944

Initializing behavior generation

Mod Checked 1: nemesis

Mod Checked 2: jpbo

Mod Checked 3: mvbo

Mod Checked 4: tkuc

Mod Checked 5: turn

Mod installed: Billyy_CreatureHumanoids

Mod installed: Billyy_Human

Mod installed: Billyy_HumanFurniture

Mod installed: Billyy_HumanFurnitureInvis

Mod installed: Billyy_HumanLesbian

Mod installed: Defeat

Mod installed: PipeSmoking

Mod installed: SexLab

Mod installed: SexLabAP

Mod installed: SexLabAroused

Mod installed: SexLabCreature

Mod installed: XPMSE

WARNING(1027): 32bit hkx file detected. This file is not supported by current skyrim's architecture

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations\1hmlefthand_1stp_run.hkx

WARNING(1027): 32bit hkx file detected. This file is not supported by current skyrim's architecture

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations\dw_1stp_turnleft.hkx

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations\dw_1stp_turnright.hkx

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations\h2h_1stp_run.hkx

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations\h2h_1stp_walk.hkx

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations\h2h_equip.hkx

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations\h2h_idle.hkx

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations\h2h_unequip.hkx

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions\70100\1hm_idle.hkx

File: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions\998\1hm_idle.hkx

Running script: SexyMove detector.py

Running script: XPMSE detector.py

2 hours ago, unnameable said:

I get animation file errors after running Nemesis.

Those errors likely come from Smooth animation combat/casting and similar mods. If so, it's fine. These are dummy files to animate left/right hand combinations differently. I think these allow for an individual hand to be animated while ignoring empty hands. If you go in game you should see your animations working properly, if these hkx files where to be actually used in game they would mess with the behavior files and your animations wouldn't work at all.

4 hours ago, Mittelat said:

Hello everyone,

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for your help.

Make sure all your bold font plugins are at the top of the right pane and, within that group, they should be listed in the order they were installed.  Same for any .esl's that fly up there.  See the screenshot in post #3 and move SkyUI_SE.esp between MajesticMtns and Cathedral.

Also look at groups of plugins from the same mod like the four YOT plugins (your 219-222) the actual mod plugin, YOT - Your Own Thoughts.esp, should be the first in that group so move it above YOT - Andromeda..

is there any follower frame works that go well with this build? And if so load order importance with it?

another side note: does anyone know which mod is controlling the unequipping of helmets when exiting combat from this mod list? looking for a workaround so I don't have to keep re-equipping clothes when hooded robes are worn in combat.

3 hours ago, Maligus said:

is there any follower frame works that go well with this build? And if so load order importance with it?

another side note: does anyone know which mod is controlling the unequipping of helmets when exiting combat from this mod list? looking for a workaround so I don't have to keep re-equipping clothes when hooded robes are worn in combat.

I like iAFT. Others really like Nether's, but I found it had a lot of feature bloat and buggy. And I like being able to control the extent to which my followers are able to die. Both work fine with the list. Place them in overwrite. You'll need to run LOOT to look for patches (don't use it to sort, just look for patches and close it). I know for iAFT there's one for RDO, but there's probably more.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14722

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18076

Dynamic Equipment Manager is what's taking the helmet off. It also teleports arrows into a nether void whenever you aren't using a bow. I don't use it.

On 5/16/2021 at 9:01 AM, jaeos said:

nope. Run FNIS. make the FNIS output mod,, turn it on, turn off the main fnis and run Nemesis, leave it active and make another mod named Nemesis output . Done.

On this topic. What do i do with the creature framework. Do i deactivate it the samw way as FNIS, after running it and creating the output?

7 hours ago, Mittelat said:

On this topic. What do i do with the creature framework. Do i deactivate it the samw way as FNIS, after running it and creating the output?

Nope. That has to stay active, otherwise i'd have mentioned that.