Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

There's no need to load a separate plugin for player exclusive animations: create an empty mod in MO, name it whatever you want. Create this path: meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007 and put the animations you want exclusive for your character there, done.

image.png.cb7606e3e513fc2a2340f889cdb36d89.png

the txt file is just there to remind me what animations I put in.

Want exclusive animations for Lydia (for example)? Folder should be: meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E, Serana? meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Dawnguard.esm\00002B6C

Just updated to your latest mod list - seems to be working great, thanks for all your hard work.

I did have a question though - with the SoS add ons for females and gender bender, wouldn't this set every female gender to male? From my experience (the one time I installed GB for a minute), because the "No Futanari" add-on is still marked as an SoS schlong, and because gender bender has no option to select SoS add-ons for the default female instance, I thought these two mods wouldn't work together? Or am I missing something.

If this isn't the right place to ask this just let me know, I thought I'd post here first though since the mod threads for both mods are pretty inactive.

edit: just read the whole mod description for GB - apparently it is meant to auto detect the SoS addon and assign it to female, which is not happening in my case. I'll try ask the mod author and just use SLEN in the meantime

Edited by asdj1239

@asdj1239

Not quite.

The SOS Addon gives (almost?) every female a schlong. Make sure to set up the PC for not having one.

'No Futanari' changes the chance of it happening (via MCM if i remember correctly).

'GB' is a 'Surprise Mechanic' for the PC.

Take it with a grain of salt as i don't use the mods. I only tested how to get them working as some people asked for it.

10 hours ago, arshesney said:

There's no need to load a separate plugin for player exclusive animations: create an empty mod in MO, name it whatever you want. Create this path: meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007 and put the animations you want exclusive for your character there, done.

image.png.cb7606e3e513fc2a2340f889cdb36d89.png

the txt file is just there to remind me what animations I put in.

Want exclusive animations for Lydia (for example)? Folder should be: meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\000A2C8E, Serana? meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Dawnguard.esm\00002B6C

Interesting, that can only be used for animations or could be also used for effects?

59 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@asdj1239

Not quite.

The SOS Addon gives (almost?) every female a schlong. Make sure to set up the PC for not having one.

'No Futanari' changes the chance of it happening (via MCM if i remember correctly).

'GB' is a 'Surprise Mechanic' for the PC.

Take it with a grain of salt as i don't use the mods. I only tested how to get them working as some people asked for it.

I've been testing it a bit. Most of that is correct, but the 'No Futanari' mod is basically the exact same as the other SoS add-on in function except it just has an empty texture (or mesh or whatever it's called) for the schlong.

'GB' can act as a surprise mechanic, but just about everything it does to the PC it can do to NPCs as well. The reason I was interested in it was because it has the potential to manage the Sexlab gender of NPCs based on which SoS add-on is applied to them. It's meant to flag the no futa add-on as female gendered (and at some point in time it probably did) but it registers at least the most recent update of that add-on as male. So it is problematic if using the female-relevant SoS add-ons to manage PC and NPC SL animations and their SL gender. SLEN has configurations for SoS anyway so I realized I didn't need it, but I guess if this problem comes up for anyone else too using this mod list then this is why, and how to work around it (i.e. don't install 'GB', just use SLEN options in the MCM).

@AGFeng I use it with no issues. I place it right before HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) in the load order. I've also converted some Oldrim animations to SSE and it works fine. It doesn't require deviating from the normal FNIS/Nemesis Overwrite process.

@Aylis There's a DAR version of the Random Invite for SLAC now. Probably not going to receive an update for the regular version for some time, and this seems to work just the same.

Spoiler

Edited by wollboi
11 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis There's a DAR version of the Random Invite for SLAC now. Probably not going to receive an update for the regular version for some time, and this seems to work just the same.

Hide contents

I'll add that this DAR replacer is actually better than the old RIA since it doesn't come with any script, meaning it is fully compatible with any version of SLAC / OsmelMC's tweak ever.

Amazing guide, all worked perfectly except one thing. Jump Behaviour Overhaul https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36889  casued a hard CTD when booting the game. I folllowed the intalation order to the letter and run Nemesis after FNIS at the end and ticking the correct box in Nemesis, so i dont know what the issue actually is.  I removed Jump Overhaul Behaviour and the game runs fine with no issues. Might wanna check if something is wrong with the mod itself, cause it took a good 2 days of trial and error to find the culpit. Dont want to sound unapreciative, the list is amazing, just posting this as a headsup.

1 hour ago, Zegelos said:

Amazing guide, all worked perfectly except one thing. Jump Behaviour Overhaul https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36889  casued a hard CTD when booting the game. I folllowed the intalation order to the letter and run Nemesis after FNIS at the end and ticking the correct box in Nemesis, so i dont know what the issue actually is.  I removed Jump Overhaul Behaviour and the game runs fine with no issues. Might wanna check if something is wrong with the mod itself, cause it took a good 2 days of trial and error to find the culpit. Dont want to sound unapreciative, the list is amazing, just posting this as a headsup.

I literally just had the same issue yesterday. I swear I followed everything as well but maybe screwed something up.

My only advice to get this working is firstly, when you run FNIS make sure Nemesis isn't ticked in the left panel. Create the FNIS output mod from overwrite, enable that then disable FNIS. When I ran Nemesis, I updated it, closed it, made a Nemesis update mod from overwrite, then opened Nemesis again and ran it. Made the nemesis mod, game started fine.

Some other things, make sure when installing JBO that you aren't using any of the optional patches. I can't remember if I chose the realistic jump or the other option on that page of the installer, but if you want to get the mod to work maybe try both. For what it's worth, on the first page of the installer if you don't select the behaviour option then you won't have CTDs either - but firstly you won't have an option in nemesis for JBO, and secondly I'm not sure if this will actually change anything in your game using that option.

If you can be bothered to mess around with it a bit more would be interested to know what works for you.

2 hours ago, Zegelos said:

I have the same version of JBO, FNIS, and Nemesis as you do (I followed this guide not even a month ago) and it's working perfectly fine. You're doing something wrong.

Try different installation options for JBO, make you're using FNIS and Nemesis properly too (check JBO in there). Re-read all the FNIS and Nemesis steps including installation.

Good luck!

Anyone ever run into your walk forward animation just not working in a certain area, Palace of the Kings does not allow my PC to walk forward normally.  PC ends up just floating and semi t-posing through the room.  Re-ran FNIS, NEMESIS, and BASHED PATCH.  @Aylis

PS. With further testing, I discovered upon going to a stop or idle position after I crouch walk normally, the walking animation goes to normal until I stop again, and than it goes back to floating and semi t-posing.  

PPS.  It's only in the Palace of the Kings, upon exit I get to walk normally with no broken animations.  So weird...if anyone has ever ran into this please let me know what could be the issue.

I'm still at it maybe because my damn FNIS plugin went up my load order vs being right above Bashed Patch plugin.  Can anyone confirm where the placement of their FNIS plugin from NEMESIS happens to be.

FINAL VERDICT: ENSURE YOUR FNIS.ESP IS IN THE APPROPRIATE LOAD ORDER AS STATED BY THE GUIDE.

Edited by ascendentkunglao
Added, troubleshooting details.

Hey Aylis, been following this list for a while now - don't know when you'll come back to it, but I would like to suggest a few mods I like to use to enhance gameplay that I think would fit in well with the list. I can't say how compatible they are since I haven't done a long game for a while now (got in back when you were updating it every few days, and finally decided to step away from Skyrim for a while after the physics for the hair was removed - btw has there been any progress on finding a way to reintegrate that?), but I don't think there should be too many conflicts since they're mostly base gameplay stuff:

First mod doesn't really affect gameplay, just an expansion to the DX Knight armor mod that makes the shield a proper shield. Quality is on par with the rest of the set:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40924

On the topic of shields, I really like Wildcat for combat - I'm not certain how it would look with Nemesis, but it makes Skyrim combat tolerable for me:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1368

Combat goes hand-in-hand with these mods, and they work well together; OBIS (which also works well with defeat for obvious reasons) for the Bandits, Immersive Patrols for the factions, and Immersive encounters for the rest: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4145

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/718

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18330

Imperious makes playing as any race feel more like actual roleplay and not just a series of cosmetic presets:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1315

To add even more immersion, Wintersun adds religion as a mechanic. It's probably the most invasive of these but it seems to have all its bases covered patch-wise:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22506

These two mods work very well together to actually make speech useful and money valuable - accumulating thousands of gold will actually feel like an accomplishment, and merchants feel more like merchants and less like garbagemen.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23081

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9542

Speaking of skill reworks, Ars Metallica helps with the smithing grind and adds in some intuitive stuff:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/321

Not gameplay but A Quality World Map is sorely needed:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5804

Also, and sorry if this was already answered, but is there any reason why Cutting Room Floor isn't on the list?

9 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

I'm still at it maybe because my damn FNIS plugin went up my load order vs being right above Bashed Patch plugin.  Can anyone confirm where the placement of their FNIS plugin from NEMESIS happens to be.

FNIS.esp has to be an empty, dummy plugin, with Nemesis, make sure .you're not somehow using the plugin from FNIS proper. Placement doesn't matter, mine is buried in the first load order third

@Aylis JK's Skyrim/Dawn of Skyrim Patch has finally updated to look for the current Dawn of Skyrim.esp. Both patches require a new game. I think this is worth updating the guide, as I'm already seeing new mod updates not play well with the older 1.4/1.5 combo (abnormally large number of crashes when walking into interiors in towns). I think the JK's Interior Patch is expecting the update and causing the issues. Hmm, might explain a lot of my recent issues with Capital Windhelm too. I'm going to try it out.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16852?tab=files

Again, for anybody testing it, this must be on a new playthrough. Stick with the 1.4/1.5 combo as per the list's notes unless you're like me and have casually restarted this game a trillion times without giving a fuck.

Edit: Okay. Nevermind. There are three patches that still rely on Blues.esp. Ugh. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Aylis toss this mod. I mean, it hasn't been updated since mid-year 2020 and the author states that they won't be maintaining it. I think the problem is just going to get worse and worse.

Edited by wollboi
11 hours ago, unnameable said:

I am using Beth.ini and it shows its it activated.

I mean make sure Sun-Shadow Transition is disabled. Disabling that feature will likely fix your light flickering.

@wollboi Atm, I think it's bad idea to use JK Skyrim/Dawn of Skyrim together with any Capital Expansion mod due to multiple conflicts. So it's best practice to use just one of the mod combo to overhaul cities.

Edited by akadeadpool

I'd guess it's unlikely, but has anyone else managed  to break Smooth Camera?   I've been unhappy with its FOV (I prefer 92deg in FPV) and use A Closer Look as a one-step (M5) jump to 45deg.  have somehow gotten FPV stuck somewhere around what seems like 50-60deg./  I've tried changing to several different presets but nothing helps.  I'm pretty sure that it's unlikely to be a Closer Look issue.  Something is baked into the saves and does not show up as a script issue in ReSaver.

I can (and did) fix it with a new game but hey, Level 42 - :)

Anyway, tweak it till it breaks = consequences  :(

Thanks for any suggestions...