Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

18 hours ago, wickedkat said:

Good idea i was thinking if i slapped a overwrite on it the male NPC's would still have the nice armor mods. i was looking into the old reliable DBs armors for the pack i would get for 3BA unless you guys know a better one thats level listed (*my peeve is non-listed armors)

*[Not ragging on the Authors who do this. just not my kind of thing]

If you want to know why most authors do not do level lists, try doing them yourself through xedit, they are tedious as shit to do, much easier with ck, but a lot of people seem to have problems with the ck, small armor mods are not too bad, but bigger ones, they can be seriously tedious, easiest and quickest way I have found is to copy as overwrite the various boss loot chests into the armor mod, then create a new level list containing all the armor/weapons from that mod then add that level list to each boss loot chest, npc's will not use them of course, but you can then at least find them in boss chests, or you could try the add to level lists script that is on nexus, though that seems to be pretty tedious to use as well, either way level lists either through script or manual adding to level lists, are tedious as hell to do, and the more armor pieces the more tedious they are.

14 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

@Aylis Yeah, looks like it should be fairly easy to follow, though I haven't tried it yet. Not sure if that's something I should be doing after starting my game.

You can add or remove the output of XLODgen at any time (just put it below 'DYNDolod Output').

Btw. i'll be adding 'Velvet ReShade' as another option too. This should help with the tree issue 'til i find a proper solution. 

In game it looks fine, it just seems to be the map view that hurts to look at. And it is only present using DynDOLOD, the map mod I use doesn't affect it being there. I went and found one of those black X's in game, that's how I know it is Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE. Maybe it wont look so bad if I stop using the darker tree version. Don't worry too much about it though, if others aren't having the problem then it's probably my fault somehow. For now I just decided to live with it, rather than start over again.

SkyrimSE_2021-02-09_03-27-40.png.b496955c8ddae330da89e0579df24f0f.png

@All

If you havn't already: better make a backup of your Skyrim.exe NOW!

ScreenShot1179.jpg.3f9e9b8face108bb5117795d634b6583.jpg

It might be nothing, but you never know with Bethesda. Also they are cutting it quite short with that announcement.

@Alaratt

I had a glitch where the 'Texture Output' was broken and the LOD was terrible. Maybe the same happened to you.

It should look more like this:

Spoiler

map.jpg.fa50d8eae097eb0811af91ee180bfc05.jpg

The new reshade in action:

Spoiler

Plains.jpg.a469b7210873b72b8d313a260e377e07.jpg

1867195607_WhiterunEntranceNew.jpg.5da13ed63e29e79000b6265a3ca3e117.jpg

Whiterun.jpg.e78702241578f4f353925dae6246751f.jpg

So I ran xLODGen, and I have to admit it's beautiful. I took some screenshots for comparison.

These two are with xLODGen

ScreenShot5.png.89dfa11800bd9817300c46064cfbfc87.png

ScreenShot4.png.e868402a0660af0d8d6866a5360bc07e.png

This one is without xLODGen

ScreenShot6.png.0841e0d2219542f642eadee6102b53f0.png

Unfortunately, it really seems to have fucked up my map even more. Large chunks of Land/Water are in large triangles. Going to do some tests with new game to see if it might be an issue.

EDIT: this is a new game with map mod included and new game without

ScreenShot7.png.fe96d4f8531efc49919f640af12de519.png

ScreenShot8.png.1bb7eb41a408470427338c741ac46e6e.png

@Aylis That ini is a little different than the one on the main page. 

line 31 in the new one is 

Billboard6=LODGen_flat_lod.nif

instead of  

Billboard6=Internal

and there is an extra setting in the new one not included in the old one

DoubleSidedTextureMask=mountain,mtn

Not sure if either of these changes will affect my issues, but I will rerun DynDOLOD and see what happens. Already ran TexGen with no changes.

Seriously though, your making me feel bad. You should be in bed resting, so your healthy enough for me to bug another day!  ?

Ok, I think I have it figured out. Going to take an hour to run xLODGen again but both the guide you provided and the STEP guides I googled both say the LOD32 option for Optimized Unseen should be like 500+
Looking through the setting from last time I ran it, I apparently got all the instructions right except that, and left it to on. Apparently that is what causes the water levels on the map to get screwed up, since the world map (and World Map Mods) use LOD32 to generate the map we see in-game. 

Setting it to 600 like I should have done and your guide instructed to do in the first place and giving it another try. ?

EDIT:  Yeah, that fixed it!

That's a great video. Accurate too, lol.

Anyway, here are some screenshots for you, never had my Skyrim look this good before!

the storm mods feel real

215311995_SkyrimSE2021-02-1001-40-36.png.1ab6362cf30bffe9c5189b2b0c7dd5f5.png

A nice view showing off the mountain when standing outside of Whiterun

1617535574_SkyrimSE2021-02-1007-40-18.png.7ce2869fab479a2684be28e21dac74de.png

A night shot of the same mountain. If you look close enough, you can see the lights in High Hrothgar's windows.

1565905263_SkyrimSE2021-02-1008-16-20.png.d16b5603610399594e488d4d3c2881b9.png

Overlooking Whiterun from Dragonsreach.

1187676384_SkyrimSE2021-02-1009-29-47.png.3df611575613e930911b2bff86177999.png

A beautiful view, you can easily see a lot of detail of Castle Greymoor from the watchtower. Too bad the screenshots cannot quite capture the level of detail I see in-game.

1770680029_SkyrimSE2021-02-1011-22-58.png.9f1d14f76dbff9d442f3e72d8fd599e9.png

Again, thank you for making your guide, I would have had a lot of trouble getting things just right to have this feel to my game. ?

Testing another body:

Spoiler

Greek Goddess (Nerfed Version) - Weight 50 - My textures - Recommended settings - Velvet Reshade

212914095_GG-Nude.jpg.9c9a9f5b6579d6df56ea38c8fa9e3bda.jpg

The exterior of 'Capital Windhelm Expansion' is looking very good. Already made one of the added quests. Hopefully the interior is as good as the exterior.

Interior is good as well. Will be added.

I searched for this but could not find an answer:

In your guide, you have the older MHIYH selected. What is the reason?

I ask because I had chosen the newer one as it seemed like it was getting updated.

My Home is Your Home
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7096

My Home is Your Home (MHiYH 2plus) - SSE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20227

Thanks!

Previous update

Updating status to '3.0.9'.

Cleaning house a little bit. But the important thing is the inclusion of the expansion of Windhelm and XLODgen. Both have quite an impact and add a lot to the game. The new preset for reshade is exactly what i was looking for and only changes the little things i wanted to improve on.

This does require a rebuild of several mods:

Bashed Patch

FNIS/NEMESIS

DynDOLOD

QUASIPC

REMOVED mods:

Foundation:

Vanilla HD Tree Branches                                               (Not needed anymore)

Area:

Skyrim 3D Landscapes                                                   (A little less density does work) Bye bye beautiful. You've been with me for many years...

Skyrim 3D Landscapes Billboards                                  (Not needed anymore)

JK's Arcadia's Cauldron - USSEP Patch                          (Now included in AIO) 

JK's The Drunken Huntsman - USSEP Patch                  (Now included in AIO)

Textures:

Double Beds for spooning                                             (Too much clipping)

Physics and Animation:

DAR - Double Bed Spooning                                         (Too much clipping)

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Preinstallation:

XLODgen

Velvet ReShade

Foundation:

Premium Pine Upgrades

Area:

JK's Interiors Patch Collection                                        (Combines all patches in an automatic AIO)

Capital Windhelm Expansion                                         (It would be a crime not to include this)

Shrine to Kyne                                                                (Its always nice to have something like this tucked away)

Ash's Rest - Solstheim Dunmer Player Home                (Perfect little house) 

Textures:

Juniper by Mari

Override:

Dirt and Blood HD Retexture

NPC:

Capital Windhelm Expansion - RRS Children Patch

Weather and Lighting:

Window Shadows                                                           (Subtle but very nice) And no crashes anymore.

Window Shadows Patch Hub

Capital Windhelm Expansion - JK Skyrim Patch

Capital Windhelm Expansion - Dawn Patch

Final:

Greek Goddess

Greek Goddess - Collision

Terrain LOD Output <- Created via XLODgen (Tip)

Important updates:

Dyndolod

Dyndolod Ressources

ENB

SexLab Aroused Creatures SE

Majestic Mountains-BDS-LOD Fix

UPLOAD:

SSEB - Modified DynDOLOD.ini for 3D trees 1.0.2       (Required update of the ini)

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess'

SSEB - Modified Skyrim configuration files                  (Required update of the ini)

WIP

Updated entries:

Added entry 'Window Shadows'

Reworked the entry 'DYNDolod' to 'DYNDolod and xLODgen'

Checking out: