Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@evilelf

You're welcome. :)

I'll upload the new body presets tomorrow (too tired for doing it today). They worked even better than i thought and are imo way better than 'Eva Body'.

But now it's time for some  sleepingg3i09.gif.94e4904b116e80c0300a7678f2565312.gif

11 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@evilelf

You're welcome. :)

I'll upload the new body presets tomorrow (too tired for doing it today). They worked even better than i thought and are imo way better than 'Eva Body'.

But now it's time for some  sleepingg3i09.gif.94e4904b116e80c0300a7678f2565312.gif

Great! Glad the preset worked out for you. I stumbled on it by accident while searching the Nexus for 3BA armor and have been using it since. I believe the author has released his custom CBP configs for it, but I haven't tried them yet since I'm running about 95% SMP physics at the moment.

Any idea why the preset looks worse when I use it?  I always have this issue when using others' presets, they always get wonky and are worse than what the original had.  Am I missing something major or doing something wrong?  It's a great look and would love to have it!

Spoiler

20210212171828_1.jpg

Is anyone having trouble with Feminine Pickup Animation? It doesn't work for me, and I see people on the page complaining that it isn't working with Nemesis in the load order.

@Random a Did you download a preset that uses High Poly Head? Also, can you make sure the Face Part slider in RaceMenu is set to high poly?

25 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Random a Did you download a preset that uses High Poly Head? Also, can you make sure the Face Part slider in RaceMenu is set to high poly?

I used the Preset Aylis gives for his Character.  I didn't realize the Face part slider was a thing, that definitely helped!  It wasn't quite accurate to the Screenshots (eyes were still super wide) but I was able to adjust it from there to work well!  Thanks!

34 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Is anyone having trouble with Feminine Pickup Animation? It doesn't work for me, and I see people on the page complaining that it isn't working with Nemesis in the load order.

Feminine Pickup Animation works for me 100% of the time. I have had no issues with it.

I have had trouble with Feminine Pickup Animation. The animation doesn't normally happen, but a few days ago I tested it using the console command (sorry, don't remember what that is now). My pc DID the animation. So I know it almost works. I am not following this guide, but do use both FNIS and Nemesis.

1 hour ago, trgdolors said:

I have had trouble with Feminine Pickup Animation. The animation doesn't normally happen, but a few days ago I tested it using the console command (sorry, don't remember what that is now). My pc DID the animation. So I know it almost works. I am not following this guide, but do use both FNIS and Nemesis.

Yeah, in the demo video the author uses a console command to demo it. I dunno. It's not a huge deal, because alchemy in this game is borderline monotonous. I'd much rather hit things with sharper, harder other things. It used to work 100% of the time, and I don't really remember when it stopped working.

@jaeos

?

That goat is REALLY scary!

@wollboi

With mods from that OA i always run into installation problems.

Spoiler

error.jpg.ee762a8d24d36acf8950d29177cc424d.jpg

@Random a

What Wollboi said, plus the presets are for a female Breton only.

For all of us still in lockdown:

Spoiler

Never surrender and never forget:

Happy modding...

...Happy Hunting...

...Have some fun!

Miniupdate (aka will be added to the list and post #4755)

Bodyslides are done. You'll find them here:

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess' (For me this will be the body i use from now on.)

Updated the configuration files for Skyrim: SSEB - Modified Skyrim configuration files (Added the change for MNC)

Reuploaded my replacer for the loading screens. Now found at Loadscreens - From SSEB (Link in the list replaced)

Being outside for 10 minutes almost makes you wish for a nice sunny spot in the Mohave (of course including a camper/tent, power, internet and an ample supply of good food and cold drinks. I'm not THAT crazy!).

*shudder* Ignore the 'almost'. *shudder*

@Aylis (Sound) Guard Dialogue Overhaul has esp conflict with (Armor) New Legion and some armors from (Armor) NordWarUA's Vanilla Armor Replacers so GDO has to be placed above those two armor mods to get the new amor textures.

Checking with xEdit reveals some other weapons and armors mods texture being overriden by eh ..... sound mods.

Anyway, Guard Dialogue Overhaul has to go above some armors mod but I don't have any idea where to make sense in mod order.

@akadeadpool

I've been using that combination in that order for more than six months now without any issues. Besides we got our 'Bashed Patch' to handle overlaps/conflicts. ;)

I finally got why the wispmothers look off. MNC is overwriting wisps, but those arn't the small glowing wisps but the wispmother... Got to see if i like the 'Serene Wispmothers' more than Kajuan (which should be moved below MNC).

I'm also testing the original Billyy's SLAL Animations. If that works out (some say they got problems with the mod) it will replace the momentary conversion. 

Checking out:

Ancient Hunter - Modular Leather Armor    Nope, a nightmare to set up for LL

Sleepwear Clothes                                        I like it but useless without a bodyslide

Namira for Good Guys                                 Works perfectly

Missives

Somebody Else's Problem

Battle Mage Armour

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined

Hermaeus Mora - Water and tentacles

Tundra moss

Sleep Tight SE Fixes

JK's The Winking Skeever                             Not a fan of the loft, but the interiors are great.

JK's The Winking Skeever - AS Patch           Required

Looks like i have had too many changes here and even 'Fallrim Tools' can't save it anymore. Time to start a new game.

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

@akadeadpool

I've been using that combination in that order for more than six months now without any issues. Besides we got our 'Bashed Patch' to handle overlaps/conflicts. ;)

I guess running bashed patch again make it work somehow. It's super weird because I remember running wrye bash many times before with the same order and still get vanilla Imperial Armor.

Btw, I like how Shield Sisters Re-Imagined makes the women looks different unlike Bijin mods which is like one model with differnt hair.

Edit: Look like the change is temporary. The game use vanilla imperial armor again. Looking at "bash patch, 0.esp" in xEdit reveals the esp file use vanilla record.

Spoiler

914243664_bashpatchss.jpg.a803e2ee05a763cdacb920361fc3c672.jpg

@akadeadpool

The thing is that 'New Legion' uses several different sets of armor (just checked). Some are new, some are old, some are even older. So you can find improved vanilla armor and other ones. But the full replacer so far have been worse than this mod and i'd gladly replace this lazy Roman-empire-ripoff we got atm. I just need a good working mod to do that.

Thats exactly why i don't use Bijin. It looks good on a first glance - but it is too much copy/paste for my taste.

These probably don't belong on the list, but for werewolf players these look like they could provide very fun roleplay scenarios. I just want to recreate that time I transformed in the middle of Falkreath and murdered the whole town. Inconvenient? Yes. Funny? Oh yes. The other is also fun from a roleplaying perspective.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/45662?tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34761?tab=description

6 hours ago, denba666 said:

Hi there! How are you @Aylis?

"DisableFakeLights" works again with the latest ENB version, so if you are using "Old Skyrim SE Shader Bundle", time to uninstall it.

Don't ask, you could get a honest answer... ;)

I'm checking that atm. This seems to be a more recent change.

Same as DynDOLOD. I've been going through a few guides and now found one that seems more logical but conflicts with others. For me not using 'Texture Output' for XLODgen seems strange, same as not using the output from XLODgen for DynDOLOD. For me it is more logical that they sort of 'feed' into each other. 

But i have to rerun DynDOLOD anyway (run #280 here we come).

The 'new' order works and should be easier to follow.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1197.jpg.767aa47b555a34d1f43a7e05c41a4371.jpg

Still have to check a few spots. But it is looking good so far...

Anyone else having issues with fast travel and ILS (infinite loading screens)?  I had this prior  to updated Dyndolod and terrain LOD but it has gotten worse.  It seems to get much better if I disable Dyndolod and doesn't have anything to do with where I am fast traveling from or to.  Restart SSE and fast works to previous attempt.  I am wondering if its INI setting at this point; if anyone has suggestions let me know.

@RedAcer Are you using the INI files provided by Aylis? That would help you figure out if what you think is going on is the problem. It sounds like some kind of memory leak. Disable all your mods, then start enabling them one section at a time (Foundation, then SKSE Extensions, etc.) until you find the section that contains the mod that's causing the issue. Then start disabling them one at a time until you find the culprit. It may help to leave Live Another Life enabled while testing so you don't have to sit through the intro sequence and potentially more endless load times.

If it's not mod related (which it very well could not be) then it's some sort of underlying issue, but it sounds like something is eating your memory up. I've had this happen to me occasionally, but never routinely.

@RedAcer

If you get crashes while fast travelling it is most likely a broken/missing mesh or DynDOLOD. The ILS could be a mod for LE, but usually the game crashes with that before it even starts.

Also recheck if you got the right version of HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics). Picking the wrong version for your CPU can have all kinds of 'interesting' side effects.

I'll be updating the DynDOLOD section in the next days. While it does improve the visuals a lot there are two engine bugs that do become more obvious again:

1. The big watchtower southwest of Whiterun, the one from the first dragon attack, got ice textures applied to the top.

2. Where the river textures meet the sea textures northeast of Solitude there are mismatching spots.

Unless Bethesda suddenly decides to finally fix that mess after almost 10 years (Bugfixes from Bethesda?), we can only hope to lessen the impact.

But that would mean to lessen the visual quality everywhere else. I'm sick of trying to work around those two again and again. Especially when something like a new ENB might make them reappear again. They are the main reason i've rerun DynDOLOD for 280 times now.

Footprints has a big update now that looks really nice. Also has a new patch for ENB. Actually, looks like it does the same thing as the transparency bug fix.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3808

Cathedral 3D Pine Grass has a plugin now that adds more wind effects at the cost of (according to the author) around a 5 FPS drop. I'm thinking nope on this one?

Also, wtf, MO2 decided to disable all of my plugins? I didn't even do anything to them.

Edit - Hmm, maybe hold off on the Footprints patch. Gave me a CTD entering some cells and disabling it fixed it. The main update seems to be okay though.

@wollboi

I'll take a look. :)

Wow! I never expected that footprints would get an update. It has been dormant for so long.

Check if the update added an ESP that you didn't use before. 'More splatter' and 'Reduced splatter' contradict each other.

Restarting the char was the right choice as everything is much smoother now. I had an active thread from a removed mod that impacted the performance.