Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Yay! Almost done with my planned installs. Just one more question for the group:

I've been reading through the SexLab Defeat SE discussion and it seems it causes quite a few people problems. Is is still safe to use? Safe meaning worst thing it doesn't work, but doesn't actually break anything. If not, is there a recommended alternative I might not know about? Have not been paying attention to Skyrim modding for a few years.

IIRC Deviously Cursed has a surrender framework, but I'd prefer not to install DD for the time being.

@Aylis  Thanks a lot for making this list. I didn't use everything by a long shot, as I try to keep my mod list just below 100 not counting the light ones, but I added quite a few from your list compared to my final Skyrim LE install. Do you take recommendations for mods to add to the list?

@Dirknina

Go with the overwrite one.

I'll change the name/description. Done

@Starfire12

Sure. A lot of things were added because someone suggested a mod.

Right now i'm testing a patch for the hares and chicken. Hopefully i can add it to the list later.

Works perfectly. Now it is simple waiting 'til the official release.

I'm impressed by the quality that gets developed by modders. I just found this:

Spoiler

104584-1599462486-1824094721.thumb.jpeg.0c38858c71cca77499436e288eef9413.jpeg

I wish i had something like it for my mead.

Updated the entry for the Creation Club (could check more stuff).

3 hours ago, Starfire12 said:

Yay! Almost done with my planned installs. Just one more question for the group:

I've been reading through the SexLab Defeat SE discussion and it seems it causes quite a few people problems. Is is still safe to use? Safe meaning worst thing it doesn't work, but doesn't actually break anything. If not, is there a recommended alternative I might not know about? Have not been paying attention to Skyrim modding for a few years.

IIRC Deviously Cursed has a surrender framework, but I'd prefer not to install DD for the time being.

@Aylis  Thanks a lot for making this list. I didn't use everything by a long shot, as I try to keep my mod list just below 100 not counting the light ones, but I added quite a few from your list compared to my final Skyrim LE install. Do you take recommendations for mods to add to the list?

Its all in how you set it up. And please don't do like i do and set it up in the middle of combat because you forgot until you were already fighting.... It takes it more than a few seconds to set up it's scripts etc. 

@jaeos

Hehe, then you only need the right stuff to fill it (even if you take one of the large units it won't survive an evening with friends).

Uploaded a few more predone files for the EVA body.

EVA Body - Standard Armor

EVA Body - Away Armor

EVA Body - Gigadeux Armor

I hope you like the 'new' look.

And a few more screenshots:

Spoiler

I still havn't rerun DynDOLOD.

ScreenShot941.jpg.a84c6f1165f9cfb0560e1de982f94ef8.jpg

ScreenShot942.jpg.5ac55dbc00ac81674d9b9bee72be773a.jpg

ScreenShot943.jpg.c9fb1e00ec2903461ea96ff80c3288ba.jpg

This one is without the reshade. 

ScreenShot944.jpg.c343c8bb1ddb874575e6ad3fb285c416.jpg

A few moments later (this time with reshade).

ScreenShot946.png.ddea5b6f36e19d948eacfb9b9efd63de.png

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@jaeos

Hehe, then you only need the right stuff to fill it (even if you take one of the large units it won't survive an evening with friends).

Uploaded a few more predone files for the EVA body.

EVA Body - Standard Armor

EVA Body - Away Armor

EVA Body - Gigadeux Armor

I hope you like the 'new' look.

And a few more screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

I still havn't rerun DynDOLOD.

ScreenShot941.jpg.a84c6f1165f9cfb0560e1de982f94ef8.jpg

ScreenShot942.jpg.5ac55dbc00ac81674d9b9bee72be773a.jpg

ScreenShot943.jpg.c9fb1e00ec2903461ea96ff80c3288ba.jpg

This one is without the reshade. I'll see if get to make a few comparison pics.

ScreenShot944.jpg.c343c8bb1ddb874575e6ad3fb285c416.jpg

Did you build with the unibody reference thing to stop clothing clinging to the middle of the boob and bum area?

45 minutes ago, Vortec said:

I think you'd want to have this in your load order, easily one of my top 10 mods from 7 years of modding Skyrim.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40040

Sounds interesting. Will test it.

40 minutes ago, ElvinJG81 said:

Did you build with the unibody reference thing to stop clothing clinging to the middle of the boob and bum area?

Nope. First time i hear about an extra mod for this (and something like this would be high on my own wish-list). Do you have a link?

Added a screenshot with reshade for comparison to post #3035.

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Starfire12

Sure. A lot of things were added because someone suggested a mod.

Ok. I've installed those over the last few days and did run around a bit after every few, but not yet play a "proper" game with them. Yet as I want to type this while my memory of the mods search and installation is still fresh I'm writing this list right away. Also I opened another tab to page 1 and checked them all with "find in page" to make sure you've not listed them already. Forgive me if I missed one anyway.

1.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1966?tab=description and  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13595?tab=description two post Helgen Clean saves. One for male and one for female. Allows you to start modding and testing right away without having to do the intro or use the alternate start mod first.

2. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36510  Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures A very lightweight alternative to hair mods. Made for LE, but just textures. So still works with SE. Apachi and KS affect only PC unless you add extra mods, and compatibility patches and worry about clipping and physics collision, etc. This one just replaces the vanilla with something slightly better and affects all out of the box.

3. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72586/  Pride of Valhalla Skin set. As an alternative to the other HD skins. This is purely my subjective personal opinion, but others might feel the same: I noticed that when comparing my male and female test characters, that IMHO female skin looks a bit too smooth and silky with all the usually recommended pretty HD skins. Which in practice means a bit lack of detail with skin looking almost painted on. This one features veins and some other blemishes that overall make the girls look better. Again purely my not so humble opinion.

4. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29437   YeOlde - MCM Settings. Allows hiding of MCM menus. With a bunch of mods, you end up with a huge MCM menu. And while some mods you'll want to use the MCM a lot to tweak settings. Others you'll want to configure once and then forget about. Doesn't work for all mods, but failure only means failure to hide, not that some can get lost. Debug Reset option exists just in case.

5. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36616  and https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36514?tab=description  topless fur and hide armours. I only found the topless forsworn armour on your list.

6. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17089  Female Enemy Monster Aesthetics Leveled Encounters - Super Sexy Edition. Adds sexy monstergirls.

7. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2315?tab=description  skyBirds SSE Edition. Unlike Birds of Skyrim, they fly around, perch and nest. Can get quite a lot especially their chirping. But configurable how fast they spawn, max spawns and how frequently they chirp.

22 hours ago, Dirknina said:

Ok guys I need suggestions on what kind of perks you might see on a tank, a generalized response is ok, don't need specific details.

Right now I got a head ache and cant think of anything.

Opps that was supposed to go to my discord

If you're using Ordinator, I really like this guy's channel for build ideas. https://www.youtube.com/user/FudgeMuppet

He has a lot of great Skyrim builds in his Skyrim SE build playlist, with full perk lists for them (I would link to it directly, but for some reason LL wants to format it weirdly. Just look at his playlist's page.)

Another thing I really like is they are great from a role-playing perspective and give me some cool ideas about how to play them. Like a hobo that fights with his fists, a deathwish-having necromancer, various servants of the gods of daedra, etc.

@Dirknina

Its in the first group of post #2.

Just found the mod for unibody. I'm NOT manually reworking all the different armors in the game with outfit studio. If i find a finished preset i'll be using it but definitely not how it is supposed to be done atm.

20 hours ago, jaeos said:

Look at the heavy armor tree, damage mitigation would be first thing you would want. Increased threat so whatever you are attacking sees him as the thing to kill and not you. 

As you can max out the damage reduction on either light or heavy armor lines, there is no real reason to take heavy armor apart from the role play side of things.

From what I remember there are no perks in this game made to draw agro from allies to the player.  Of course perk mods like ordinator may well have such, but I have never really bothered with such mods.

Embers HD got replaced by its updated follow up (Embers XD). The name of the ESP stays the same so it can be easily exchanged even if you already used the older iteration of the mod. I'll update the list accordingly. Done

Best thing about it (besides the better visuals) is that it is now flagged as an ESL so we free up a slot for an ESP.

Hey, Aylis! Great work. Been using this as a guideline for a while now.

Have a look at my whiterun overhaul if you want - 

Whiterun HD Red roofs

Fortified Whiterun

JK's All in One

Dark Whiterun Walls

Cover Woods 2k

Whiterun Trees Overhaul

Alex's Whiterun - A Treeful Place

Elsopa's carved gildergreen

Leanwolf's better shaped talos

CL's Barrels and Crates

Guards Armor Replacer

Improved Whiterun Stalls Canvas

Eli's Breezehome 

❤️

Let me know what you think!

3 hours ago, DiXDi said:

Sorry if it's already been asked but I decidede to use EVA body but got some trouble with texture.I'm downloaded EVA body nude from file section.Did I forget something ?

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot7.png

did you happen to add in the bijin labia mod in the files section?

3 hours ago, DiXDi said:

Sorry if it's already been asked but I decidede to use EVA body but got some trouble with texture.I'm downloaded EVA body nude from file section.Did I forget something ?

Looks like it can't find the texture for the labia from 3BBB. Which texture pack are you using? Maybe it is incompatible...

@bybee

I've tested quite a few of those and it simply boils down what look you prefer. With one exceptions:

The statue will be added. Previously i always  had CTD with that mod - that changed with the current build so it will be added (looks way better ;)).

'Fortified Whiterun' works together with JK and Dawn? I always thought that would conflict massively. So i never even tested it.

4 minutes ago, DiXDi said:

Nope.I'm using only Aylis skin and it worked fine with wrong body but with EVA I've got this...Mb I will try to use bijin skin with labia 

pretty sure you do not use the labia if you are using the bijin skin, for the aylis and niesa skin you do use it, but @Aylis would know for sure 

32 minutes ago, DiXDi said:

Nope.I'm using only Aylis skin and it worked fine with wrong body but with EVA I've got this...Mb I will try to use bijin skin with labia 

Wait a moment. That combination is exactly what i'm using.

Working fine here...

Spoiler

ScreenShot954.png.1ffcecaf8c617976cf1bf061fa266fb5.png

Try moving 3BBB below Quasip (maybe the texture gets overwritten) and/or reinstall 3BBB (broken texture).

Spoiler

Thats one of the upcoming changes.

Untitled.png.d22d1d1f474d451a29d4d2b0c97b937a.png

27 minutes ago, jaeos said:

pretty sure you do not use the labia if you are using the bijin skin, for the aylis and niesa skin you do use it, but @Aylis would know for sure 

That file with the labia is only for Bijin CBBE. All others already got one and all, with the use of 3BBB, get sort of 'overwritten' anyway.