Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

The stickied post on CG4 Trees and Bushes SE says the billboards for use with Dyndolod for the mod are at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/44269 (DynDOLOD Ultra Trees for CG4 Trees and Bushes SE) should we use those billboards?

I've never used an EMB before.  I did install the base ENB program on LE without a preset (for memory management and supposed performance improvement).   But that was awhile ago and I never applied any ENB presets.   What do you think of using ENB and Reshade Manager to make it easier to change ENBs around if I don't like the first one I use?

@zahura

Looks OK on first glance. Maybe the installation of Nemesis is broken... Try reinstalling and/or redownload and then reinstalling the mod.

@axz2

1. Thanks. Updated the links. Done

2a. Might have missed those. I'll give them a shot with the next run here... The file for the 'Hybrid Trees' will be included in the next update.

2b. Never used that mod, so i can't say anything about it. 

@wollboi

Thanks. Updated those links too. Done

@ascendentkunglao

I only did DynDOLOD itself.

@Rey_Vegeta

Thats a bit in the air atm. The big problem are the armors that don't have a preset or only inofficial ones.

I'm working on finding a solution for all armors. But it looks like i have to mix different presets for bodys to get the imo best result. Sadly this will take a lot of time as i have to build every preset and then compare every single armor.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.3bab4a7f10d9c04e14eb4fc7b14057d1.jpg

For example the guards armor:

DD Body doesn't work too well if the body got a weight of 100. GG Body looks imo better in this case.

What i'll propably be using in the future is this one (also see post #7220) and then start to mix and match the rest.

Upload failed. I'll retry later... Small files work, bigger ones not.

Capital Windhelm Expansion - City Entrances Sadly doesn't work

Enhanced Solitude SSE Requires too many patches

The 'Full 3D Coverage' of 'Cathedral - 3D Pine Grass' does work if you precache the grass. But it does decrease the FPS.

Configuration file to improve the time to create the cache for the grass:

No Grass in Objects Ini.7z

Edited by Aylis

Someone has an SMP with BHUNP 3BBB body?

If I have no hdtSMP64.dll (no avx), for example, the hair goes to infinity, and when it is there (hdtSMP64.dll), hair  works (it hangs and dangles correctly), but they do not have collisions with the body - they fall through...

BHUNP 3BBB dnhave physics options in CTpresets, such as c3be

/////////////////////////////////////////////

I have cbp.dll (xcbp.dll- just renamed , and hdt64smp.dll (no avx)) - with this, the fps drops significantly, but I don't see any interaction with the body.

I'm going through the list installing things and every now and then doing a short test run, to see if things work in particular to see that Skyrim runs OK.  My last load order worked fine awhile ago but didn't even successfully start Skyrim when I tried to test things out more recently.  Probably some mods incompatible with the current Skyrim version, and since I had to rebuild my load order anyway I figured I'd start in on this.  Since I'm going through the process I'll probably be more helpful and/or more annoying <g>, here for a bit then usual.

See - http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7016

ENB Series lists  3 mods used here as having compatibility problems.  Majestic Mountains is easy to deal with you just install it with the option not to change the sun's position (which I think is default now anyway).   So no real problem unless you install MM wrong.

SSE Display tweaks - It says "If ForceVSync=true and EnableFPSLimit=true in enblocal.ini, game stuck at the title screen.".  Well I guess we just have to make sure not to use those options.

PrivateProfileRedirector SE ="Caches ini files and causes any user changes to them take no effect."

I suppose the answer there is to just make sure that you have your ini files set up correctly before using PrivateProfileRedirector.   Maybe if you change them you disable PrivateProfileRedirector, run Skyrim, make the changes, then enable it again.

Doesn't look like any of these are big issues.  The first, and esp. the 2nd could cause big issues but those issues are easy to avoid.  The 3rd seems to be less of a problem if it does occur, and also probably not to hard to avoid.  But easy or not people following this list should make sure to avoid these problems.

1. Added a warning to the mountains.

2. Nothing happens if you don't change those manually. So if you change something you should know what you're doing (or test the changes a lot and keep a backup).

3. Never had a problem with it... Plus i uploaded my modified ini files to prevent such problems.

Updating post #7212 Done

'HIMBO' is working fine. The following mods will be added:

Highly Improved Male Body Overhaul -HIMBO-

?Simply merge 'Core' and 'Refits'

?The 'Physics Addon' is NOT required

3D Pubic Hair for HIMBO

NordwarUA's Guards Armor Replacer - HIMBO Bodyslide

NordwarUA's Unplayable Faction Armors - HIMBO Bodyslide

Immersive Interactions - Animated Actions

Waiting for updates:

Paarthurnax - Quest Expansion

Checking atm:

Steel Falcon Armour Set                                                                       Replacement for 'DX Dark Knight'?

Steel Falcon Armour Set - Heavy Armor Patch

Headhunter - Bounties Redone

Whenever I look at Headhunter - Bounties Redone, i'd like to have it in my modlist but I have concerns:

- Browsing mod's forum, there seems to be problem with hair wig on bandit after being decapitated.

- The mod's feature seems to be similar to Handover feature from SL defeat. not sure if there's potential conflict.

Look like the mod author of Windows Shadow deleted his/her profile so the mod's going to be supported anymore. This will be a problem when trying to add interior mods now.

Edited by akadeadpool

I'm up to the part of the list that goes

Skyrim 2018

?We only need the architecture and (optional) the chicken.

Skyrim 2020 Parallax

? Use V8.0

? DON'T download and use the file for landscapes.

HD Stockade

?Simply choose the resolution (plus the doors) and merge the files.

Ice Cave Parallax Improved

Skyrim Remastered - Caves

?Use a version with Parallax.

Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Roads

? Use V8.0

Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Whiterun Streets A2 

? Use V8.0

---

Skyrim 2018 installs a lot of core files (you can't uncheck them in the FOMOD) along with architecture and the chicken.

Skyrim 2020 Parallax only has version 8.0 available for Mountain Textures - with FOMod installer,  Blended Roads Retexture, White Run city Wall, and both Whiterun Street alternatives.  And if you want the 2K file (which I was planning on getting) you can only get Architecture, and Other, in a combined download with Landscape.   I'm not sure exactly what files to download from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2347?tab=files

@axz2

Skyrim 2018:

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.cc10efd2815d3ad8b5d4025392390fc6.jpg

What am i supposed to answer? You always need the main/core files and there are only two optional additions we need.

Btw. the FOMOD is V1.2 the files are the newest ones as there has been no update to them.

For the rest: 

On 9/7/2021 at 9:16 AM, Aylis said:

For now replace it with Pfuschers new files (see post 7195). Now #7212

But don't use DynDOLOD atm. There's a small glitch with the tiny ice blocks which i'm trying to fix.

Edited by Aylis

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.2.1'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Visual overhaul and bugfixes.

RERUN for an update:

JK's Interiors Patch Collection

FNIS/Nemesis

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD (i recommend a full run)

On an existing save i recommend a run of 'FallrimTools'. But ONLY for the 'Unattached instances' as the rest will sort itself out.

Removed mods

Spoiler

Area

Immersive Fallen Trees Patch                                                   Found nothing that suggests a need for it.

NoGrassias Extended                                                               Now redundant

Textures

Better Falmer Cave Ceiling Glow                                             Found a better solution

Riften in High Definition                                                                            ''

Skyrim 2020 Parallax                                                                Got updated

PC

Natural Skin Tones                                                                   Found a better solution

Physics and Animation

Feminine Pickup Animation                                                     Redundant

Fores New Idles for Creatures                                                 The creature stuff drove me nuts once too often!

Override

No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations                          Finally got an ESL update

LL

SexLab Aroused                                                                       Update

SL Defeat SSE                                                                               ''

Creature Framework                                                               The creature stuff drove me nuts once too often!

More Nasty Critters Special Edition

SexLab Aroused Creatures SE

Aroused Creature RIA

ABC

Chaurus Life

MNC Husky

Tirk The Riekling Special Edition 1.0.5

Patches

HASTE                                                                                      Gone from Nexus and, as i read in a thread, OA used parts of other mods without permission.

Added mods

Spoiler

Foundation

Blackreach Spores                                                                      Subtle but very good

DynDOLOD Ultra Trees for Trees and Bushes SE                        We only need the file for the 'Hybrid Trees'

Nordic Coast                                                                              Blends better with the landscape

Atmospheric Moon Distortion                                                   Another subtle improvement for textures

SKSE

.NET Script Framework                                                               Required for the caching of the grass.

Area

JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company                                     More JK

JK's Silver-Blood Inn

JK's The Hag's Cure

Sepolcri - A complete Burial Sites overhaul                               Always wanted to add this

Sepolcri - DynDOLOD Patch

Sepolcri - JK Patch

Textures

Aetherium Falmer Cave Ceiling Glow                                         Better solution

Skyrim 2020 - Architecture

Skyrim 2020 - Other

High Poly Pebbles                                                                       Fixes a problem so we don't need the 'Skyrim 2020 - Landscapes

Skyrim 2020 - Blended Roads Retexture                                    Changed 'Roads' to 'Blended Roads Retexture' to make the connection more visible

WiZkiD Riften and Ratway                                                          Better than the texture pack we used before

Riften - Optional cobblestone                                                    Optional texture for the streets. Moved within the group

PC

Realistic Natural Skin Tones

Highly Improved Male Body Overhaul -HIMBO-

3D Pubic Hair for HIMBO

Physics and Animation

Immersive Interactions - Animated Actions

Armor

NordwarUA's Guards Armor Replacer - HIMBO Bodyslide

NordwarUA's Unplayable Faction Armors - HIMBO Bodyslide

Sound

Louder Nature - Birds And Insects

LL

SexLab Aroused Redux Baka Edition                                              Update

Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition                                                                 ''

Patches

BURP - Spell Tomes                                                                        Now the spellbooks look good too. 

Skyrim 3D Blacksmith                                                                     Moved from 'Textures'

Animated Forge Water                                                                   Looking nice. Not so obvious but another small improvement.

No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations ESL                           Update

No Edge Glow                                                                                 Moved from 'Override'

Final

No Grass In Objects

Working on

Spoiler

Snow Veil Sanctum Key

Steel Falcon Armour Set                                                                       Replacement for 'DX Dark Knight'?

Steel Falcon Armour Set - Heavy Armor Patch

Headhunter - Bounties Redone

And now to my first life elixir today...

*crawls to the coffee machine*

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.1 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Aylis I take it that atm I only install No Grass In Objects and use it as it is without using cache grass feature, right?

Since you also add new JK interior overhaul mods, take a look at Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors. Because the author of Windows Shadow has gone MIA, look like future JK stores will need someone else do the patching.

Btw, Sepolcri - DynDOLOD Patch is not a install and done type of mod. Of course reading the mod page would reveal that but just saying in case anyone miss it.

How is Himbo going to work with Simply Realistic Armor? Aren't we going to run into the same problem in Bodyslide as with female characters? Are we just running it for nude, Guards Armor, and Unplayable Faction?

Starting to really dislike SRA.

Edit - Holy shit, Nexus is offering a free 3080 to anyone who wants one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55448

Edit Edit - @akadeadpool Thanks, I would have missed that about the Sepolcri DynDOLOD patch. Yeah, that should definitely be annotated.

Edited by wollboi

I assume we can do most of this guide update without starting a new game, right? Sorry, I haven't looked, but the newer LL versions probably have the same ESP names so we can just replace without issues (besides re-doing a lot of settings)?

Also, has anyone tried "eFPS - Exterior FPS boost" yet?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54907

Edit: "Natural Skin Tones" has an ESP. Can we safely un-install mid-save?

Edit 2: Blackreach Spores SE - If you want to install the ESP version instead of the ESL version, the ESP version can be converted to ESP-FE without compacting. Not sure if this is desirable, but gives flexibility in load order. Probably not necessary.

Edited by trgdolors

@wollboi

1. Fixed. I just finished the update when the server went down (couldn't recheck everything). ;)

2. That is what i'm working on (plus Double Dibella Bodyslide). I have an idea how to get that working even if i then have to do a complete new set for the predone bodyslides. But i guess i need one or two weeks for that alone.

@akadeadpool

Nope. Do the caching. Just install my config file like any other mod and check the required changes in DynDOLOD (all in the description of the mod). 

The new files from JK work without a patch. Thats why i needed so long to add them, as i wanted to make sure they don't cause a CTD or have other issues.

@trgdolors

Didn't have an issue replacing them on my playthrough. Just, as you said, rechecking the settings seems to be fine. Only keep them in the same spot as the old mod.

Hmm, i'll add a recommendation of 'Fallrimtools'...

@Rey_Vegeta

The funny thing is that Diamond is almost identical to my texture pack (it only came out later than mine). I just have to see where exactly the differences are and if i can do something like 3D pubic hair.

The next update will be more like cleaning-the-house. I'll go through all mods (especially animation and sound). I wouldn't be surprised if i find mods that overlap and could be safely removed. Maybe i'll split FPA and TPA (or tag them?).

Edited by Aylis
1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Anybody else having trouble with No Grass? Mine crashes as expected a few times, then just sits on the title screen for a long time with the Windows spinning blue circle. Tried it twice.

It didn't work for me in the beginning.

1. Make sure you got the '.Net Framework' installed in Skyrim. The one for Windows isn't enough (i fell for that ?).

2. The stuff for bink can cause issues, I'll give you my files:

Skyrim Special Edition.7z

3. It takes quite some time. My config file cuts it down considerably, but still 30 min to 2 hours (i think i needed ~40 min).

Sadly i can't find the guide for it anymore... I intended to link to it.

Whenever JK drops a new mod i have to think of this song (i started with his taverns).

Spoiler

Edited by Aylis

Actually I think it finished, but looking at the forum for the mod others users mentioned the same result I had but the error message is covered up by the screen on full display. That's an odd choice of design. Looking at my Overwrite, I don't see the precachegrass.txt file in the grass folder, so I'm assuming it is finished.

Concerns/Thoughts:

1 - Any mod that has to intentionally launch and then crash the game seems very sus (as the kids say, I think). Just doesn't fill me with confidence.

2 - Is grass clipping really a problem? I've noticed it coming through a few outside floorboards, but never really though too much about it. Is this going to look noticeably different? Even on the mod page's images, you can barely see much of a difference in the before/after comparisons.

3 - How much of a performance improvement are we seeing here? Hopefully noticeable given the amount of work. I'm already now getting consistent 50-60 fps outside, but of course that's just my machine.

4 - The posts page is filled with people who can't get this to work. A lot of the solutions offered translate to "did it crash in the right way or did it crash in the wrong way?"

May have further thoughts after DynDOLOD finishes, but ... I dunno. Would be interested in seeing other posters' thoughts.

(site not letting me update my last post but I thought this was worth mentioning)

5 - Because of the launching/relaunching way this works, you will end up with Fuz Ro Doh and other SKSE plugins in the Overwrite you create for this mod. Dunno if that is problematic.

@Aylis How large did your Overwrite folder end up being when it was done?

Edit (I need another hobby) - Yeah, mine finished:

For those who reach this point and are wondering what happened, open the .NET Script Framework mod in Explorer via MO2, open the NetScriptFramework folder, and look at NetScriptFramework.log.txt. At the bottom it should say "Grass generation finished successfully!" Above that, if it seems like it stopped at 71%, apparently that is the expected stopping point.

Edited by wollboi

My game won't launch if I have NET Script Framework enabled.   Looked at NetScriptFramework.log.txt and it was empty so the framework doesn't load at all.   Reinstalling it didn't help.  I tried reinstalling SSE Engine Fixes Part 1 (through MO2) and Part 2 (dumping it in the Skyrim folder) again but that didn't help.  Followed the troubleshooting instructions to create a binkw64.log file in the Skyrim directory.  Launched again, failed again, and that file is empty as well.   Tried disableing my anti-virus in case it was blocking the process (without its normal pop-up telling me it was), but it still doesn't work.

I can take all of that to the Netscript Framework mod page and see if I can get help there, but I'm thinking I might just leave it disabled, or uninstall it.  The one grass mod that relies on it seems tricky to use anyway.

@akadeadpool

No. You'll run into conflicts with 3.0.

@axz2

Strange. Did you try redownloading the file? Also try the one in post #7234 if that doesn't help.

Maybe i do have to add 'DLL Plugin Loader'. It is included in another mod, but perhaps that version isn't compatible enough. ?

@ascendentkunglao

No idea. There's nothing in the list that changes the interior itself.

Double Dibella Bodyslide doesn't work out. It triples the bustsize from weight 0 to 100 and the armor presets are just broken. I'll stick with 'Greek Goddess'. Thanks to the SRA file all other predone slides seem to work (havn't found an issue) and i don't have to rework everything.

I'll be adding the SRA file to the list. Done

Once i'm completely done with it, i got a few ideas for it ;), i'll make a separate post for the download.

Edited by Aylis