Lykaios Race SSE Version

View File

This is KrittaKitty's Lykaios race, updated with her latest work and completed by Bad Dog. 

A subspecies of the forest dwelling Vukasin tribe, the Lykaios are thought to be distantly related to the long extinct 'Vulpine' Lilmothiit peoples of Black Marsh. The nomadic Lykaios have no homeland; instead they live in small family packs in the coldest and most unreachable parts of Tamriel. Excellent hunters and trackers, the Lykaios are a hardy and rugged people resistant to cold and most diseases.

LE version here

About the mod

This mod allows you to play as a Lykaios, male or female. The race has its own abilities and perks. There are many facial markings available but not all are obviously labeled, so play around with the sliders. Some markings are under the "dirt" option, so look there too.

There are hair and earrings. Some earrings are under the "brow" slider.

Males have an optional SOS schlong that uses my Hoodies mechanism. Hoodies is built in so it's not an extra prerequisite. Schlongs are dog sheaths and will unsheath for sex or if you have Sexlab Aroused installed with SOS integration turned on. There's an antho uncircumcised unsheathing schlong for your extra pleasure. There are female sheathing schlongs. 

History

KK was in the middle of a major update to the race when she stopped modding. She made her assets available, and I picked them up to use in the Yiffy Age mod. Mostly I just finished what she started. Differences are that I gave them my canine pawfeet and my clawhands; I left out the Scottie-dog brows and made her earrings available on that slider so they could be used with any hairstyle; I gave them high-poly heads following her models; and I re-did the face markings to allow a wider range of wolf and dog patterns.

Installation

Make sure you have the latest version of the files. 3.0 is a save-breaking update because some scripts have changed. 

Download the files and install the ones you want in this order:

1. Dawnguard
  2. RaceCompatibility. Use the "Untranslated Files" download to prevent crashes.
  3. Lykaios Reborn - The FOMOD will walk you through the options. If you choose NPCs, you can find followers near the Alchemist's Shack in the Rift.
  4. XPMSE if you're using the digi feet. If you don't want to run the XPMSE mod, disable the ESP.

Managing the Schlongs

Get the schlongs by installing Hoodies

Making NPCs

Tint files ship in 256x and 2048x sizes. Go to textures\actors\character\Lykaios\Tintmasks and copy the contents of whichever size you prefer from the subfolder to the main folder. You need the 256 if you're creating NPCs, 2048 if you're just setting up your PC. If using 2048, edit skse.ini to add

iTintTextureResolution=2048

so the higher-res face tints will work.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/08/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Fun fact: Opening all the dick meshes and adding the appropriate information for SkinnedMeshPhysics will give all the balls a healthy giggle provided you have the XML files that do such a thing. Have tested with both Khajiit and Lykaios schlongs and I'm pretty happy with it. Attached a lovely MP4 of the physics doing their thing. And incase anyone is wondering about the cock, I edited the texture a bit using some old SkyrimLE files I had laying around, more red, more veins. I think it looks better.  Everything seems to work though.

Wow, really excited to finally see this released! I played around with it a bit and it certainly is high quality. The face is really pretty.
There's only some small issues, like most of the scars doesn't conform to the face properly. equipping hide bracers will switch your hands to the khajiit hands.
These are pretty small issues anyway. The new Lykaios looks superb and its as if it could have been in the game all along.

Any plans on adding a unique voice?

10 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I'll check the scars, they should work. Bracers, not an easy fix. 

Nice video there. I hadn't seen the sweet roll abuse before.

I sorta dropped the multiple nipple thing a while back...

The sweet roll animation is one of my favorites. lol

Scars all seemed fine to me, though I've noticed the Khajiit scars are also available and they're the ones that don't conform to the head mesh. The eyes and hair for Khajiit are available too, and while the eyes work fine the hair doesn't have the same tint so it looks weird and doesn't match facial hair...as for the eyes I'm not sure if that's because of the extended eyes mod I use for Khajiit. They look fine though.

Now something I've noticed while playing: I finally equipped a circlet and...well some of the hairstyles clip into them. I love the new hairstyles and the variety of them is amazing, but it'd be great to have some less elaborate hairstyles for them as well.

Lastly, just a picture of my tweaked fella, changed his hair to avoid the clipping.

20190309090220_1.jpg.69c5ad5af3597748de237eb19be00cdd.jpg

34 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I'll check the scars, they should work. Bracers, not an easy fix. 

Nice video there. I hadn't seen the sweet roll abuse before.

I sorta dropped the multiple nipple thing a while back...

any chance get them back for females version? lol

5 hours ago, rb888 said:

Just make one both versions one with multi nipples and wo.

<going into bitchy modder mode here> yeah just one more version. that's two, now do a cbbe version, that's four. Oh, and for YA too, so now that's eight. SE and LE only please, that's 16. and do that or some similar sort of tweaks for every one of your 10 mods, that's 160 or so.

Every individual request is perfectly reasonable, but I'm overwhelmed and I have to cut line before modding stops being fun. So I'll get to what I get to.

35 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

<going into bitchy modder mode here> yeah just one more version. that's two, now do a cbbe version, that's four. Oh, and for YA too, so now that's eight. SE and LE only please, that's 16. and do that or some similar sort of tweaks for every one of your 10 mods, that's 160 or so.

Every individual request is perfectly reasonable, but I'm overwhelmed and I have to cut line before modding stops being fun. So I'll get to what I get to.

I for one have been getting immense enjoyment from the update.

20190310043550_1.jpg.2ba4d84bcfbb5369dc6070715e2ac72f.jpg

His name is Aa'den, though everyone calls him spot--for obvious reasons. He hates it. But he also has an easy time making new friends.

I also guess the worst part of it all is the old textures are still viable? I don't think anything but the face textures were updated for the new version. I mean new cleaner path is beautiful but all the files are still in the same place. The multi nipple thing is just a texture so if they wanted it they could always do it themselves? Kind of like how I made the dick red and veiny using old assets from legacy skyrim.

11 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

sorry if I got on your good side. Just wondering. Here she looks in skyrim se on my R9 390x 8GB card ;)

ScreenShot5.png

Ya no worries. And I'm happy to hear what people want even if I don't act on it right away.

Textures for male and female have been lightened. KK did one and I did the other to match. Allows fur from near-white to black. So if you're replacing, replace them all. 

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Ya no worries. And I'm happy to hear what people want even if I don't act on it right away.

Textures for male and female have been lightened. KK did one and I did the other to match. Allows fur from near-white to black. So if you're replacing, replace them all. 

ya np take your time is there way make other nipples bit bigger then go smaller on way down? More hot to me  :P lol  Like One from my size to next size then smaller if not She does look awesome :P

I already wanted to ask a question about your lykaios schlong mod for the "older" lykaios mod, because for me it crashed every time i tried to transform into a werewolf with the schlong mod. Now i started a new game with this mod instead, and now it seems to work. All i had was a bug at the start were my movement speed was too low, i dont know if that was because of this mod or another one. (I fixed it by using the command "player.modav speedmult 100", because 100 is the normal value, if anyone else has this problem.)

Thanks a lot for this version, finally i can play a Wolf-Werewolf character. =D

Good to see this finally come to fruition. I know that a lot of assets were left unfinished but too far down in development to be truly dismissed when KK left the scene.
This has pretty much become your project just as much as theirs. And damn those hairstyles and beards turned out pretty well.

Before going for anything else related to this mod in terms of extra content, I'd check the .esp and clean it up. It's functional but many checks weren't done, e.g. vampire stuff being available in Character Creation.

I'd like to add on my findings as well. I've noticed the female hands have a nasty mismatched seam when used with CBBE. I tried creating a Bodyslided version via Outfit Studio, but that didn't really fix it. I ended up copying the CBBE Beast hands I built from my preset and renaming to match the mesh names in this mod. I've also noticed a banding issue with the shaggy female hairs, and I'm assuming it's an alpha layer issue with the textures, as it also exists back in YAoS 5.X. My spoilered pic below should show what I mean.

Spoiler

shaggy_hair_1.jpg.7b6c5eb9edf5d55686fe41f243c0eda7.jpg

Edit: I'm also seeing seam issues with the female feet to the CBBE SE body, and I can't fix that.

• 2 weeks later...

can't wait for this to be available for Legendary edition as i am really stubborn about never getting special edition because of several things including how Creation Club downloads all the mods for any of the supported games you have installed to your hard drive and then turns around and charges you money to use said content.

Excellent work. I recently hashed together alternative body textures for the Lykaios race, based from a portion of an alternative Khajiit skin I found. I've edited the diffuse and normal maps from bits and pieces from 65 MB textures, altering just enough to smooth some areas while maintaining the regular, coarse, lore-friendly appearance elsewhere. I'm using the latest version of GIMP; it's more or less halfway finished. The work is extremely shoddy, but I'll share some samples anyways. I use varying glossiness and specular values on different meshes; the values are set to default in the images.  I will share the WIP files for anyone who wants to tinker with them, only after hearing how permission policy works with fractions of a texture; a Frankenstein if you will.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      spacer.png

Spoiler

Front.png.596930c577383f9972cc448b6a320d0f.png

Definition.thumb.png.818fa1fc72fdd8a7b26fd6ffe28d5195.png

Rear.thumb.png.d9e4ccf9d7300b3999c2b415b9a030ff.png

627959393_ReferenceFront.thumb.png.6d0bc42c9f78be7a8dfbac9a914f4f32.png

1475802119_ReferenceRear.thumb.png.ec653330067ce3868fe4a605f724da6c.png