Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

9 hours ago, clod21a said:

For example. I wanted the breast to better for Lei_deluxe

i tried to save in various dds formats but i can't find he format he used

Snapshot_2.jpeg.e7b601e081706c3087d103766b942eec.jpeg

I used Photoshop and the Intel Texture Works plugin for import the texture .dds and these save settings

Snapshot_2.jpeg.115fc94b1632e9c6281d3a30d27ecdc2.jpeg

Perhaps this is better, unfortunately you still cannot insert the nipples as a mesh

nude.dds

Today I bring some more tools.

REDELBE: this tool allow you to modify files in the rdbs... without actually touching the rdb's at all.

Installation: copy the dinput8.dll file and REDELBE directory to where the game is installed.

How it works: look at the REDELBE directory, it has subfolders for each of the rdb files. Just put your modified files in the appropiated subfolder, and dinput8 will make the black magic neccesary for the game to load those files from there. If you have doubts, check the Helena mod attached.

In the future, REDELBE may evolve into something bigger that allows new costumes without replacement, but it is too early for that.

----

g1mtools: this is a set of three tools: g1m_export, g1m_import, and g1m_hide.

g1m_export: it is exactly the "g1m_test" that I released some days ago, but renamed. It will export .g1m files into the ib/.vb format used by 3DMigoto. Use the ausgeek' blender import script from here to load these files into blender. (Note: the current versions of the python script can load multiple files at once, a feature you probably want to use).

Usage: drag and drop a g1m file and it will generate a folder with each of the meshes in the .vb/.ib format. Drag and drop a folder instead, and it will search all of the .g1m files there and export them in subfolders (useful to export all of the games meshes at once).

g1m_import: this tool allows to perform the opposite operatin to above, import .vb/.ib files into .g1m files. (Note: currently the tool ignores the .fmt file, and assumes the vertex and index format is the same that the one in the .g1m, I will fix that in the future).

Usage: Put your vb/ib files in a folder with the same name that the g1m file (but without the extension). Name your ib/vb files like this: "0.vb", "0.ib", "1.vb", "1.ib", etc, where the number, is the index of the mesh to modify. Drag and drop the .g1m file  into the program, and it will update the meshes that had a matching .vb/.ib file.

g1m_hide: this tools allows you to hide a mesh from a g1m file (will only affect the game, it doesn't affect g1m_export).

Usage: drag and drop the .g1m file. Now the program will ask you to input the index of the mesh(es) to remove. You can enter multiple indexes at once by separating them by comma. Example: the Helena mod attached was generated with this tool by inputting "0,1,2,3,4" with the file "HEL_COS_003a.g1m". Use the blender script to know which index has each mesh.

With these three tool combined, and with LNKDATA for the textures, it is possible to convert several 3DMMigoto mods into the native format (as a test, I converted that topless Leifang mod someone posted earlier, and it worked).

-------------

Helena mod. This is just a simple mod made with g1m_hide, for testing REDELBE. It will make Helena costumes 10-12  lose the bottom part of the dress when she is "broken" (won't affect the non-broken costume).

Usage: Just merge the directory with the REDELBE directory.

Helena 10-12 will lose lower part on break.zip

g1mtools_0.4b.zip

REDELBE_0.3.zip

Great! I tried to duplicate the helena costume and renamed it to TIN_COS_001.g1m 

Snapshot_3.jpeg.72b9841c4281fa89c871b32cde81bc4c.jpegSnapshot_2.jpeg.bda72e651dbbd3cc7d01421101b4014e.jpeg

Apart from the textures, the object has adapted perfectly to Tina and viceversa

Snapshot_4.jpeg.aa0101636807551d88170ba2b0cdd572.jpeg

4 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

g1mtools: this is a set of three tools: g1m_export, g1m_import, and g1m_hide.

g1m_export: it is exactly the "g1m_test" that I released some days ago, but renamed. It will export .g1m files into the ib/.vb format used by 3DMigoto. Use the ausgeek' blender import script from here to load these files into blender. (Note: the current versions of the python script can load multiple files at once, a feature you probably want to use).

Usage: drag and drop a g1m file and it will generate a folder with each of the meshes in the .vb/.ib format. Drag and drop a folder instead, and it will search all of the .g1m files there and export them in subfolders (useful to export all of the games meshes at once).

g1m_import: this tool allows to perform the opposite operatin to above, import .vb/.ib files into .g1m files.

Can I ask does vb/.ib format have bone/weight information or is it static just like OBJ format
Also when I try to extract rdb second time using your rdb tool I got this message:

"Bad usage. Usage: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 6\rdbtool.exe file

Press enter to exit."

Do you know how to fix this

55 minutes ago, Monkeygigabuster said:

Can I ask does vb/.ib format have bone/weight information or is it static just like OBJ format

It is whatever the game passes to their vertex shader (it literally is a raw index and vertex buffer, with the .fmt file describing the binary layout to allow it to be re-imported into Blender without needing the original frame analysis dump), which will typically include vertex weights (BLENDINDICES + BLENDWEIGHT), but not armatures. If you watched the tutorial video you will have noticed that it is possible to import poses from frame analysis dumps (not yet for DOA6), which we use to match up vertex weights between related meshes (skin + clothes) for weight transfer, but if you looked closely at the armature it creates you will notice that the bones are in weird places because the game doesn't pass any information about the relationship of bones to each other to the vertex shader, so those are all independent bones created from the final bone matrices.

There's a couple of people now taking advantage of this addon as a means to import & export meshes obtained from game files in arbitrary formats without using 3DMigoto at all, just by hand crafting a .fmt file describing the vertex buffer layout.

Never use obj format - literally anything is better.

7 hours ago, ausgeek said:

It is whatever the game passes to their vertex shader (it literally is a raw index and vertex buffer, with the .fmt file describing the binary layout to allow it to be re-imported into Blender without needing the original frame analysis dump), which will typically include vertex weights (BLENDINDICES + BLENDWEIGHT), but not armatures. If you watched the tutorial video you will have noticed that it is possible to import poses from frame analysis dumps (not yet for DOA6), which we use to match up vertex weights between related meshes (skin + clothes) for weight transfer, but if you looked closely at the armature it creates you will notice that the bones are in weird places because the game doesn't pass any information about the relationship of bones to each other to the vertex shader, so those are all independent bones created from the final bone matrices.

There's a couple of people now taking advantage of this addon as a means to import & export meshes obtained from game files in arbitrary formats without using 3DMigoto at all, just by hand crafting a .fmt file describing the vertex buffer layout.

Never use obj format - literally anything is better.

cool, thank you for advice, fapservice! ?

@vagonumero13

Hey there, thanks for the awesome new tools! One small problem I've encountered, though. Whenever I try to use the g1m_import tool, it always fails to re-import the modified .vb/.ib files. I made sure I exported using the updated 3DMigoto Blender plugin and named the modified buffers 0.ib, 0.vb, 1.ib, 1.vb, etc. after the original exported filenames.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

image.png.1d48259e2409d5e230b6edd1d1cd0d1e.png

2 minutes ago, Alexei81 said:

может кто подсказать по чему в этом разделе у меня перестал работать переводчик браузера?

Это модераторы для тебе меньше говорить

27 minutes ago, deadcause13 said:

@vagonumero13

Hey there, thanks for the awesome new tools! One small problem I've encountered, though. Whenever I try to use the g1m_import tool, it always fails to re-import the modified .vb/.ib files. I made sure I exported using the updated 3DMigoto Blender plugin and named the modified buffers 0.ib, 0.vb, 1.ib, 1.vb, etc. after the original exported filenames.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

image.png.1d48259e2409d5e230b6edd1d1cd0d1e.png

Which g1m file it is?

9 minutes ago, Alexei81 said:

ясно, модераторы нацисты русофобы. Это плохо... при том что игра хорошая, но раздел принадлежит таким людям)

Не будем углубляться в тему, а то они тебя забанят.

5 minutes ago, Alexei81 said:

вернут ли в игру Pai Chan , Acira  и дедушку из Virtua Fighter ? которые были в DoA5LR . кто в курсе?

Пока только май

Translation for Russophobes :

So far only Mai

10 minutes ago, Alexei81 said:

я Май в игре не вижу. Вы наверное ее спутали с Leifang  0ed81d65191ct.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Май нельзя спутать ни с кем!
Компания KT обещала вернуть его в игру этим летом.

Mai is impossible to confuse with anyone!
Company KT promised to return it to the game this summer.

image.png.88d8cc72be60fc8cc5871272d6fbd970.png

6 minutes ago, agina said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Май нельзя спутать ни с кем!
Компания KT обещала вернуть его в игру этим летом.

Mai is impossible to confuse with anyone!
Company KT promised to return it to the game this summer.

а, вот сейчас понятно! Просто в игре столько девушек из китая (Mai, Pai, Leifang... и  т.д)  и из японии что можно запутаться. Кстати не одной красотки из россии , что вызывает подозрение :)

4 minutes ago, Alexei81 said:

а, вот сейчас понятно! Просто в игре столько девушек из китая и японии что можно запутаться. Кстати не одной красотки из россии , что вызывает подозрение :)

Байман. :)