According to the SSE Conversion Tracking thread here at Loverslab, apparently PapryusUtil is bundled with SexLab

Regardless I tried giving PapyrusUtil SE a shot and having it overwrite (Looking at the conflicts MO2 says its overwriting various Util.psc/pex files in SexLab Light and SexLab Framework like PapyrusUtil, JsonUtil, ActorUtil etc.

No luck I'm afraid on getting the book to work.

I did a quick glance at the log and it looks like the same in regards to docbook or slaversspell.

I can try reordering PapyrusUtilSE and copy the log tomorrow if needed

Ah, OK. I looked in the mods and all I saw was SexLab SSE Light which doesn't do anything that needs SKSE64. I didn't think to look in the parent forum for an installable mod.

If that's got JsonUtil bundled, then you shouldn't need PapyrusUtil SSE, and in any case if it was overriding the SexLab versions, then you already tried it and it didn't work.

I think I need to go bug Ashal (or whoever) in the SexLab SSE thread :)

[edit]

OK, posted a question to the SexLab SSE thread, since there isn't a PapyrusUtil SSE support topic.

If it can't work, I can always redo it in JContainers, which isn't as nice to use, but I'm guessing that it works if SlaveTats works on SSE, JContainers must also work

7 hours ago, sidfu said:

in tes5edit there 2 errors for the spell book so might wan to fix them no idea

A few more than that when I check it. I think most of them are either down to unused properties not being set (which is harmless) or else they belong to an unreleased spell. So they should also be harmless unless someone tries to call Ulvutukitig's riekling servants to help out with the training. I shall sort them out for the next release.

In other news:

I think I'm going to rewrite the spell loading script using JContainers, which seems to work since JsonUtil clearly doesn't. I just hope StorageUtil works as I use that all over the place. In doing so, I've found that I somehow packed an out of date version of the spell_loader.json file, so that explains why some new spells aren't loading for those who aren't on SSE.

I also have in mind a scanner effect that I can run with the detect spells. Basically, get a list of slaves inside a 5000 unit radius (~250 yards, or a circle of about half a klick centered on the caster). For each slave it finds, it'll copy faction values for that actor into Slaver's Spellbook local versions. Then I can run detects for all manner of stuff (I started working on a Detect Sex Training spell, is what started me down this road) and I won't need separate esp files. In fact, I might even be able to merge everything back into one file again (not counting patches) but I don't know what that'll do for people's mod managers :)

The scanner effect should be fairly cheap. It's a PapyrusUtil Misc call, founded in a SKSE extension, so it should  be fairly fast. Also I'll give it a 10 second cool down and it'll only run when you cast a detect. There may be a second's latency before the spell results update, but that should be the worst of it.

I'll try and get some sort of bugfix release out this weekend. This has been a bit of a mess, all told, and I'll be happier once it's stable again.

15 minutes ago, fred200 said:

I do not use the PapyrusUtil mod - the one bundled in Sexlab is complete - and works. 

Ok. I just don't understand why the same code that works in Oldrim, returns array lengths of -1 for the same arrays in the same json file. There has to be some difference, or what worked in one would work in the other.

I don't have SSE installed myself, so I can't test it directly. I have posted a question on the support thread.

I'm not sure what else I can do, really

It is indeed reading the book.

@McLovin3 posted a log earlier on, if you're interested. The relevant portion was:

[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: reading book: softloads: -1 records
[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: reading book: to install: -1 records
[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: reading book: to remove: -1 records

That's generated when I try and get the counts for the three arrays in the json file. Like this:

int count = JsonUtil.PathCount(json, ".softloads")

There's not a lot to go wrong, code wise, with that statement. Especially since it works on Oldrim.

I swear this worked in your original 5.2 build - but it had no trace statements. That might have been my own conversion.

With the 6.0 build, my trace statements look like yours.

BUT - when I drop the book on the ground, pick it up and read it - I get a duplicate MCM entry for Slavers Spellbook. That was unexpected...

I guess I will try another conversion of your LE version. On mine, I did not use a BA2 file. I just left everything unpacked.

Figured out why 5.2 works - you did not use JSON for spells... My conversion also creates a second MCM entry on reading the book.

It also  fails on the spells.

Any way to test if the Branding JSON is working?

Solved. Skyrim SE does not like your JSON path.

Stick them in Data/skse/plugins/StorageUtilData/slavers_spellbook.

This also - for reasons unknown - stops the duplicate MCM entry.

Trace file attached.

trace.txt

2 hours ago, fred200 said:

Solved. Skyrim SE does not like your JSON path. 

Stick them in Data/skse/plugins/StorageUtilData/slavers_spellbook.

And it turns out I have a copy of that locally, but my packaging script puts the file in the wrong place. So presumably it must have been broken for Oldrim players as well. Oh well, at least it saves me from having to debug the JContainers version.

Figured out why 5.2 works - you did not use JSON for spells

Yeah. But I has having problems with the book script properties not updating if the book script was already loaded. This way, once it works properly, should continue to work for any future updates.

Any way to test if the Branding JSON is working? 

Cast Brand and see if the target gets tats. Target needs to be enslavable - fleeing, bleeding out, paralyzed or asleep But it probably won't help since the Brand Json uses JContainers. That made sense for Brand since the SlaveTats stuff is built on JContainers, but I wanted to move to using PapyrusUtil for for storage where I could. Which is probably how I got mixed up over Json paths.

Thanks for chasing that one down.

See anything else useful in that trace?

Had lots of lines - but all I cared about was that it works.

Glad I could help!

Tried Brand. Did it twice, second time renamed. Renamed gave new name No tattoos. I think I am missing tattoo file.

Trace attached.

Brand also created a duplicate MCM entry...

trace.txt

I'm curious about those "Cannot call GetName() on a None object" errors. Probably spells that didn't load for some reason. I need better error reporting on those functions.

Now I just need to fix the tes5edit errors sidfu reported, sort out the installer script, and I can maybe get a bugfix release out the door,

here all the errors i found for me

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [07] slavers_spellbook.esm
[00:00] docbook_candle_spells [FLST:0700CA34]
[00:00]     FLST \ FormIDs \ LNAM - FormID -> [0700CA35] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     FLST \ FormIDs \ LNAM - FormID -> [0700CA38] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     FLST \ FormIDs \ LNAM - FormID -> [0700CA39] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     FLST \ FormIDs \ LNAM - FormID -> [0700CA3A] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     FLST \ FormIDs \ LNAM - FormID -> [0700CA3B] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     FLST \ FormIDs \ LNAM - FormID -> [0700CA3C] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     FLST \ FormIDs \ LNAM - FormID -> [0700CA3D] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     FLST \ FormIDs \ LNAM - FormID -> [0700F55A] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [08] slavers_spellbook.esp
[00:00] docbook_sterilize_eff "Sterilize Effect (Constant)" [MGEF:08009438]
[00:00]     MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Flags -> <Unknown: 0>
[00:00] docbook_fertility_eff "Fertility Effect" [MGEF:0800943A]
[00:00]     MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Flags -> <Unknown: 0>
[00:00] docbook_slavers_spellbook_book ".:: Opus Korneum ::." [BOOK:08004349]
[00:00]     BOOK \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [08014B89] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     BOOK \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [07009436] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [09] slavers_spellbook_pahe.esp

We might get you switched over to Vortex yet (Later - much much later - after you are done here.)

With Vortex, Vortex does not need to be running when you use your tools. All your mods "look like" they are installed in the game directory, and tes5Edit is happy as a clam, wherever you run it from. Same for the CK..

Did you get Tes5Edit working? SSEEdit 4.0.2 is the latest on nexusmods.

I just downloaded it - seems to work fine. In my case I just copied the executables and the edit directory to my game directory.

eww vortex.  vortex isnt good for a modder. mo and mo2 better as your always have a clean data folder and u also can tell which files would copy over just by looking.

but im not gonna get into vortex argument as everyone know vortex isnt even remotly finish hench why its updates are very slow and hardly do anything.

newest edit doesnt need to be in any game folder so u might want to make a folder to itself and try it

29 minutes ago, sidfu said:

so u saying vortex is finish then ?

NMM never exit beta status but thousand and thousand of players use it today.  Vortex is now in beta and probably, like NMM, never end the beta status. I have now 309 mods, 237 plugings and 7 profiles in vortex and zero problems.  Vortex, as NMM, works. You only need learn to use it. 

MO is not the only, unique and exclusive manager that we can use. Not all users like MO. Is not a perfect and marvellous program as a lot of people say. Today have 785 issues open. Simply works, in the same way NMM an Vortex works.

Have the game directory clean is a invention of Tannin. Not have any real advantage and cause a lot problems. No other manager use Virtual Filesystem beacuse only allow you launch the game whitout mods. We know that the game works perfect whitout mods. But who play vanilla today? 

9 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

NMM never exit beta status but thousand and thousand of players use it today.  Vortex is now in beta and probably, like NMM, never end the beta status. I have now 309 mods, 237 plugings and 7 profiles in vortex and zero problems.  Vortex, as NMM, works. You only need learn to use it. 

MO is not the only, unique and exclusive manager that we can use. Not all users like MO. Is not a perfect and marvellous program as a lot of people say. Today have 785 issues open. Simply works, in the same way NMM an Vortex works.

Have the game directory clean is a invention of Tannin. Not have any real advantage and cause a lot problems. No other manager use Virtual Filesystem beacuse only allow you launch the game whitout mods. We know that the game works perfect whitout mods. But who play vanilla today? 

Forever Beta programs are a cop-out though.  With as many releases as NMM had their still calling it Beta was simply ridiculous.

OK: here's a couple of test builds. JSPN paths should be correct, grads read from proper folders and most if not all of those xedit errors sorted out.

slavers_spellbook_sse_0_0_7.7z

slavers_spellbook_tes5_0_0_7.7z

If these look like they're more or less OK, I'll do a proper release later in the week.

One thing to note: this has got the start of the quest to get the spellbook. Currently it's just dialogue and can be ignored, but anyone seems to say odd things who isn't resident at the College, let me know.

My system chokes on slavers_spellbook_sse_0_0_7.

Skyrim SE has an immdiate CTD.

Tes5Edit gets "Background Loader: Fatal: <EVariantOverflowError: Overflow while converting variant of type (Cardinal) into type (Integer)>".

CK gets a CTD trying to load slavers_spellbook.esp.

Not actually an error I have ever seen before...  Need feedback from other users.