Can't replicate that one. All I did to fadetats was clock the refresh time down a bit, stick a wait at the end of an update loop so the script got a chance to go latent and let other scripts process, and I added an updating state so it didn't try and start an update while one was already in progress. I suspect the last one is the one that made the difference.

The only thing that could be reapplying the tats is the longer update time. Here's a version with the original values restored, but the other modifications still in place. See if that helps.

pahe_slavers_spellbook.7z

well most people not gonna unbrand a slave.

some variation to the brand or let us choose.
probably the biggest issue is  the spells not getting when read book. if the spells where books u could recommend using add menu item till later when u can add them a good way

Started a new character. I can confirm the MCM cheat option is broken. But if I add the book with player.additem, the spells install just fine.

Is anyone else having problems? And if so, which version of the game are you running?

@sidfu: cone thing you could try is look at the entries in docclox/slavers_spellbook/json/spell_loader.json  and see if the formids match the ones in the console. If the format is different for SSE, that would explain it.

Also confirm you have a file in docclox/slavers_spellbook/json/spell_loader.json . If it wasn't there, that would explain things, too.

Skyrim SE

Using the pahe esp provided, I added Check Submission, Detect Submission, and Drop Submission through the console, using player.addspell.

Check Submission I know is working - we get a text box, and it is accurate.

Drop Submission reduces submission by 10 each time cast. That works.

Detect Submission is not lighting up the target(s) with a color - so I can't tell if it is working or not. Only had one pahe slave at the time.

I think a popular targeted variant would be Submit - raise submission by 10 each cast...

Keep em coming - we will keep testing.

Doc - you are reverting names on us.

pahe_slavers_spellbook was the original name.

Then you changed it to Slavers_spellbook_pahe. This was better.

Now the last one you uploaded is back to pahe_slavers_spellbook.

My mod manager is getting whiplash...

3 hours ago, sidfu said:

some variation to the brand or let us choose.

You can already do that. The tats are defined in

docclox/slavers_spellbook/json/branding.json

Edit that to set whatever tats and colors you like. There's a couple of  examples  and the layout is documented.

2 hours ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

Do I need the main mod too for the PH fix ? 

Sorry to seem a bit thick, but which fix particularly? (I've patched a lot of things lately :) )

2 hours ago, fred200 said:

Drop Submission reduces submission by 10 each time cast. That works.

That's not actually my spell. That's defined in paradise_halls.esm. Didn't know it existed until now.

Detect Submission is not lighting up the target(s) with a color - so I can't tell if it is working or not. Only had one pahe slave at the time.

Grads. New files. They're not in my builder script. I knew I was forgetting something. Unzip this into your data folder (or load it in MO) and see if that fixes it. If it does, I'll get a fixed release out.

effects.7z

pahe_slavers_spellbook was the original name.

Yeah. I think I go9t confused between the patch to generate enslavement events and the esp to implement the spells. The trouble is, the patches came about on kind of an ad hoc basis, so there's no organization to the naming. I think I need to fix that.

Also I should get that installer working.

6 hours ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

Ah to many mod esps and such and I am in an ongoing game and dont want to mess with them. I pondered if I can slap on one soemthing like your (amazing) Paradise Halls name fix for example without the main file.

Yea, that should be fine. Just install the patch and leave the esp unticked. Although it sounds like you want the slavetats/pahe patch, which actually patches slavetats.

Which reminds me, I still need to sort out the 1.3.0 patch.

6 hours ago, fred200 said:

effects.7z did not do it for me...

It only contains two gradients: Docbook and Red. Should there be more? I did not test on a slave with no submission, which would be red... 

Whoops. Wrong folder.

effects.7z

The new Effects contains 8 very nice gradients.

Unfortunately I can't get any of them to show with Detect Submission.

I tried Detect Life - that has very nice visual effects.

Tried to find another spell that shows gradients.

Detect Fertility and Detect Pregnency don't even show up in console...

I may need to roll back and start over. I have two duplicate MMC entries for Slaver's Spellbook. That can't be good...

Let me know if I can try anything else.

slavers_spellbook_sse_0_0_6\textures\docbook\grads\ correct?

If so I had no luck with Detect Submission (It did appear in mine when I added spellbook pahe 0 0 6 1)

I found Detect Fertility and Pregnancy as well and I got those working correctly

4 minutes ago, McLovin3 said:

slavers_spellbook_sse_0_0_6\textures\docbook\grads\ correct?

Yeah. Should end up in data/textures/docbook/grads, and there should be 8 textures in the folder, four of which probably aren't necessary, but I didn't have much time.

6 minutes ago, McLovin3 said:

If so I had no luck with Detect Submission (It did appear in mine when I added spellbook pahe 0 0 6 1) 

So at least the spell is there.

6 minutes ago, McLovin3 said:

I found Detect Fertility and Pregnancy as well and I got those working correctly 

They were easy - they just re-use the existing detect life effects. But I've only got two colors to play with in the vanilla effects so I needed new gradients.

These were finickety as hell to get working. I should have expected they'd be a pain when released. I'll have a closer look when I get home tonight.

5 hours ago, cpatrianakos said:

I can get the book but no spells are added

Do me a favour: open up the console and type

help "iron will"

You should see a line that says something like

SPEL: (680012C5) 'Iron Will'

What number do you get? The top two digits are the mod index and will probably be different, but the rest of the number should be the same. If it isn't that will explain why the spells aren;'t loading.

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

Do me a favour: open up the console and type

help "iron will"

You should see a line that says something like

SPEL: (680012C5) 'Iron Will'

What number do you get? The top two digits are the mod index and will probably be different, but the rest of the number should be the same. If it isn't that will explain why the spells aren;'t loading.

Iron Will's the same ID on mine (Except the top 2 of course). I can go through the other spells and see if I'm missing any.

edit: I seem to be fine on all implemented spells

OK,. I wanted to confirm that the formids weren't different on SSE. That's good.

So that leaves us with JSonUtil.

Anyone on SSE want to enable logging, read the book, and then slap the log in pastebin and post the link?

Thank you! That's very helpful.

4 minutes ago, McLovin3 said:

have 0 experience in this stuff but maybe this could be it?

Your instincts are sound, but that's it on this occasion. I was having problems keeping the formlist of spells updated from one release to the next, you see. So I stopped using that property and decided to use JsonUtil to read the spells from a file and load them that way.

The interesting part of the log, then, is this bit:

[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: reading book: reading JSON
[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: library: poke
[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: library: poked!
[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: reading book: softloads: -1 records
[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: reading book: to install: -1 records
[05/08/2019 - 02:55:33AM] slavers_spellbook: reading book: to remove: -1 records

That tells me

• that the book's OnRead script got called
  • that it tried to poke the main utility quest to update itself
  • that the utility quest responded to the poke
  • that it tried to read the json file
  • and that it didn't find any data for the three lists.

In fact, getting -1 for list length, I'd guess that it couldn't find the records at all.

So that raises the question: do you have the file it's trying to read. It's in the tes5 archive, and in the SSE versions too. And it has a top level dict with three list entries, called "install", "remove" and "solftloads"

So it's trying to do it right. Can you confirm that the file is actually there on your build? It should be in

data/docclox/slavers_spellbook/json/spell_loader.json

If so, this is looking like a problem with JsonUtil and SSE.

OK, I think I have it. Looking at the  SSE downloads, it seems there isn't a full port of SexLab yet. In particular, nothing that relies on SKSE64, so no bundled PapyrusUtil, which means no JsonUtil.

However, there is a standalone PapyrusUtil mod on Nexus for SSE. Try installing this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048

That should restore JsonUtil, which in turn should allow the spell data to be read.