In my current play through there's a "chest of forbidden books" in the arcanum, I'd have to look up what added it, probably ZaZ or Devious Devices, but maybe that would be a good place to add a the slaver book. You could un-link the book from most of the spells and have them as individual tomes, and have the book only give you like one or two initial spells and a quest to find the rest.

Heck, maybe Faralda or some of the other magically inclined NPC's are closet enslavement or denial fetishists and want to help you to those ends. "Please maximize my arousal and lock it until I beg you to release it" could be a good tutorial quest.

I think Faralda is probably a bit domme, if anything. If anyone's going to ask for a playmate, it'll be her. I'm tempted to do something with the rivalry between her and Nirya, but the fewer moving parts the better.

I was thinking Enthir might recognize an "economic opportunity" in the slaving business and send you and your slave to collect spells he can sell.  Or test spells before he add them to his inventory.  If you wanted some more running around, the other expert wizards could cast a spell on your slave and you could return to Enthir who would reverse-engineer the spell into a book you could buy.

More content is always welcome (even additional content, like maybe tying up a cliffhanger ending from an awesome mod that abruptly ended with you standing on someone's lawn), and this sounds like fun. I like the idea of having to work for the spells, getting them one at a time rather than all at once, and having some sort of story around getting them. For the impatient ones, cheaters are gonna cheat, anyway, and everybody has a console, whether or not you add a tickbox to the MCM. So, those who are more interested in HAVING the spells than they are in GETTING the spells will have a way to skip ahead, one way or another.

Personally, I'd like there to be some interaction with one of your slaves DURING such a quest, ideally involving conversation where their responses/reactions are influenced by their PAH/SL/SLA stats at the time. Let them hear what this spell will be able to do them, have them involved in the effort to get the spell, and having their reactions (anticipation/fear/revulsion/acceptance) play out every step of the way to you actually learning and mastering the spell... But I'm a sick bastard; when I abuse an imaginary girl, I like to know I'm ruining her permanently. And writing and scripting that kind of dialog would probably a hell of a lot of work for relatively little payoff.

One thing you might consider is a non-linear progression, if only so a player doesn't necessarily HAVE to jump through all the hoops to get--for example--the Sterilize spell, if all they're REALLY interested in is the branding/tats, for their playthrough, or vice versa.

Finally installed the Slaver's Spellbook and you have done it again.  It is fabulous and somehow you can find a way to combine it with QAYL.  I would love to reload my special waiting save, go to the estate only to find that I was being branded and controlled like never before.  How could that work.  Oh as far as the book goes I think that twisted, Wizard in Markath should have it, controlling the other wizard and hording the book.  Or even the Jarl could be under his power.  Some sort of adventure.  You took on some stellar projects, maybe even too much sometimes, but what great mods.  Thanks for improving my game.

As far as a quest goes, what I think most people would appreciate is just one overall quest, whereby the end of it, you have all the spells, even the master level epic meme spells. Of course, difficulty should reflect the power/usefulness of the spells, but I think one concise path to collecting them all should be implemented. You get the basic crappy spells at the beginning and easy part of the quest, and then the epic ones at the difficult end. Either you get them all at once, or you are given them one-by-one until you have them all and the quest completes. I think having a bunch of quests that aren't exactly obvious to start would be tedious and it's likely a lot of people would miss a few, and you'll have to deal with a bunch of frustrated people in the support topic asking for walkthroughs. The most impressive and appreciated part of this mod is the spells, and I think keeping those in the spotlight should be the focus. 

I think a light questline combined with actual magicka requirements would properly balance the spells, but it's not exactly like PAHE is particularly balanced in the first place, with leashing collars and whatnot, so I think making them significantly harder to use than base PAHE would defeat the purpose.

Keeping the quest simple to focus on the actual spells is definitely the way to go, in my opinion. Ideally, I would say keep the book in the cave, but add magicka requirements to them. Remember that most of the time when we cast these spells it's in our own player bases where we keep our slaves, which means if we use a lot of magicka for a spell, we're just gonna sit there until it recharges (15-20 seconds) and we can use it again, which defeats the purpose of magicka requirement in the first place, which is to limit how many spells you can sling in combat. I think if they are to have requirements, it should be to actually stop you from casting them if you don't have enough, they shouldn't cost like 20 magicka or something, except for immersion purposes I guess.

These are just my thoughts, but whatever you decide to do is going to be great, it always is.

I sort of like the idea of a kind of "underground" study group at the College; maybe headed by the orc librarian or that Altmer douchebag, or maybe even the old man who takes you to Saarthal (honestly can't remember anyone's names, but just about any male instructor at the school seems like they could be made creepy enough), or a totally new NPC might be easier to avoid vanilla conflicts.

Work the questline through this secret study group that's teaching sex magic, and just go from there. Whether it's linear and progressive or more hub/spoke, you can keep that group as the touchstone throughout.

But give it a simple, stupid, stumble-across-it kickoff. I remember some variant or add-on to Paradise Halls had books and starter collars and all in Farengar's study; maybe he's an alum of this group? Or else a note on the counter or a shelf at Berethor's (we all know HE'S a scumbag), or you loot it off the elf with the Golden Claw in Deep Falls Barrow. Or scattered in a bunch of likely spots throughout (I literally just visualized an absolute CARPET of these pamphlets all throughout Markarth, for some reason) so you'd still be likely to find one even if you don't follow the normal story quests.

However you stumble on it, it kicks off a quest in the journal to direct you to this group, you get in with the group, and then the quest tracks each spell separately or along set "courses of study" through a more linear progression, so you know which way to go for what spell, and no one's left stumbling around trying to find "secret" quests to get at the spells--which are, of course, the core of the mod and the main reason we're all here.

As long as it's not a bunch of fetch quests ("Damnit! This tome is missing a page! It CLEARLY must be somewhere in that Dwemer ruin over there"), or a 6-hour long chain of SL scenes with nothing for the player to do but vigorously apply lotion, then it'll be fun having to work a little to get at the spells, and get a goofy little tutorial in using them, along the way.

Tell you what: These are the notes I put together a couple of weeks back on how I wantde the quest to start.

I'll put them in a spoiler because, well because spoilers.

Spoiler

Thoughts on a questline. It starts with Enthir

PC: How's things?

Enthir: Oh, not bad I suppose...

PC: You sound pretty glum

Enthir: Ah, you know how it is. They tell you college life is going to be like this non-stop orgy and then you get here and the sexiest thing that happens all term is a glimpse of sideboob from Mirabelle Ervine.

PC: She DOES give very good sideboob.

Enthir: That only makes it worse! If my balls get any bluer, they'll  need to invent new colors to adequately categorize them.

PC: Maybe you'd have more luck with the students?

Enthir: Yeah, right. Have you seen that new girl? Brelyna something-or-other? Scent of sweet ash and marshmerrow. I'll have some of THAT, please!

PC: So what's stopping you?

Enthir: What's stopping me is, she just looks right through me.

PC: Honestly, I'm surprised there's even a problem. You're studying magic, right? Surely there's a Cantrip of Knicker-Dropping or something?

Enthir: You'd think, wouldn't you? Turns out our Archmage is really worried for the College's reputation at the moment.

PC: So I understand.

Enthir: I mean the Great Collapse was a hundred years ago, you'd think they'd stop talking about it by now. But nooooo... we can't study anything that might offend the locals.

Enthir: And since the locals are stuffy Nords, that means we can barely study anything.

PC: Funny, you don't strike me as the sort to be put off by breaking the rules.

Enthir: I did look into it, as it happens. Urag knows something, but he won't tell me. He doesn't think I'm trustworthy, apparently.

PC: Imagine that.

Enthir: All right smarty-pants: why don't you see if you can get something out of him? People seem to talk to you for some reason.

PC: And what's in it for me?

Enthir: Apart from your Cantrip of Knicker-Dropping? I suppose I can throw in some gold. IF you find anything I can use.

QUEST START: Unethical Research
Objective: Talk to Urag

PC: Enthir said you might be able to help me.

Urag: And I bet I know what with. Well I'll tell you what I told him: No Unethical Research!

Urag: Enthir's proposal had the potential for untold harm. Why would you ever think I would help you?

PC: That's fair. Enthir is thinking with his Little Head, and that blinds him big picture. I'm surprised that you don't see it though.

Urag: All right, I'll bite. What big picture?

There are several options here, mainly for RP purposes. Some of them will probably require some persuasion or other qualification

PC: We have an obligation here! This research will resurface sooner or later. If it happens here we can find defences, and make sure the knowledge is used responsibly

Urag: And you'd give me your solemn undertaking to do just that? To use the findings resposibly?

PC: Absolutely!

=== OR ===

PC: What we learn could have implication for other areas of research. If this is as groundbreaking as I believe, then the techniques involved could revolutionize everything we do here.

Urag: Hmmm. By all accounts, Korneum did make significant breakthroughs in a number of areas, almost all of which were lost when he died. It's true that there's much we could learn if his research could be recovered.

== OR ==

PC: (If Player is a Dark Elf) Boethia teaches us that all weapons are valid in the hands of those who dare use them. The world will be the stronger for the publication of this knowledge!

Urag: Malacath might disagree. Then again, Malacath is no God of Librarians...

== OR ==

PC: Have you thought about the financial implications? I mean for you personally. In the extreme short term?

Urag: A bribe?

PC: Call it a comission.

Urag: Very well: 450 in gold and I'll tell what I know. It isn't much though.

== OR ==

PC: (If the player is Archmage) Urag, I AM the Archmage, remember?  You're supposed to do as I say.

Urag: That is a gross oversimplification of the College Statutes ... but your point is taken.

== Eventually ==

Urag: So be it. Ask Drevis Neloren about Korneum The Objectionable. Tell him I said to ask. If anyone can help you, it will be Drevis.

Objective: Talk to Drevis.

PC: Urag said to ask about a wizard called Korneum?

Drevis: Korneum the Objectionable! Fascinating figure! Contemporary of Shalidor, you know.

Drevis: Fancied himself Shalidor's equal by all accounts, although that's almost certainly hubris on his part

PC: So does any of his work survive?

Drevis: No! But that's what makes it so exciting! I recently acquired a lead on a possible volume of Korneum's work.

Drevis: I wanted to send some aspiring student to investigate, but Urag and Savos were distinctly lukewarm on the idea. I don't suppose you'd be interested?

PC: Do I get paid?

Drevis: You get a share in what we learn from the books. And my help in translating them, of course.

PC: And I'm guessing this book is in the depths of some dreadful hell hole, somewhere?

Drevis: Naturally. If it was behind the counter at Birna's Oddments, I'd have gone and got it myself.

PC: All right, I'll do it.

Drevis: Splendid. We don't have much to go on, just this fragment from an earlier work. Still it does link Korneum with a site in Skyrim

Drevis: Good luck. I look forward to seeing the results of your expedition.

Player receives "Tattered Fragment"

Objective: Read the tattered fragment

Tattered Fragment:

"... must never be used again. Alysia and I argued for burning the document,
   "but Beldhel worried that the evil might escape in the smoke and be more widely
   "dispersed. And so the Opus Korneum was broken into segments, each of us to take one
   "and hide it as best we might. Although now, when I consider the perils of <wherever>
   "I wonder if the flames might not have been the better choice..."

Objective: Recover the book from <wherever>.

12 hours ago, Sulrandir said:

Personally, I'd like there to be some interaction with one of your slaves DURING such a quest, ideally involving conversation where their responses/reactions are influenced by their PAH/SL/SLA stats at the time

Tricky to do with generic slaves since you never know what sort of baggage they may be carrying. I think I can promise some chat with one of the vampires from Cronvangr if you let them live (and why wouldn't you?). And possibly a couple of custom of girls along the lines of Merriam in the HSH questline.

12 hours ago, Sulrandir said:

One thing you might consider is a non-linear progression, if only so a player doesn't necessarily HAVE to jump through all the hoops to get--for example--the Sterilize spell, if all they're REALLY interested in is the branding/tats, for their playthrough, or vice versa.

I'd probably leave a "Spellbook grants all spells at start" option. I could imagine breaking it down by school, and talking to Collette if you wanted to get the resto spells ... but it makes more sense to break them down by power level. I mean, I'd like to make a Master level Resto spell that gave the player a 24 hour long fertility boost similar to the Baby Maker, except that it doesn't expire after sex amd probably gives a hefty boost to  stamina and magicka regeneration, but only during sex. That doesn't feel like it should be in the same cache as Ovulation. If you see what I mean.

11 hours ago, Ammo12ga said:

It is fabulous and somehow you can find a way to combine it with QAYL.

Thank you. I promise I haven't forgotten about QAYL :)

11 hours ago, Ammo12ga said:

You took on some stellar projects, maybe even too much sometimes, but what great modsThanks for improving my game.

Thanks again. One thing I'm definitely trying to do here is limit the scope of what I do. And to make sure that what I release remains useable, even if Real Life asserts itself again and I have to stop modding for a while.

6 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

I think having a bunch of quests that aren't exactly obvious to start would be tedious and it's likely a lot of people would miss a few, and you'll have to deal with a bunch of frustrated people in the support topic asking for walkthroughs. The most impressive and appreciated part of this mod is the spells, and I think keeping those in the spotlight should be the focus. 

I agree entirely. I'm not planning on any puzzles, any hidden quests, and the spells are going to remain front and center. There will be no long term questline involving Korneum returning from the gave to threaten Skyrim or any of that.  I can't promise you won't run into any of his slaves, though :)

I think a light questline combined with actual magicka requirements would properly balance the spells, but it's not exactly like PAHE is particularly balanced in the first place, with leashing collars and whatnot, so I think making them significantly harder to use than base PAHE would defeat the purpose.

One of the things that I'd like to address is that PAHE sometimes feels a bit cheat-ey. I mean, I have a bandit chief that's cleaning my clock, I know I only have to wear him down to half health and the activate him and choose "enslave". And then, vampire bastard that I am, I choose "Feed (Lethal)" and drain him of blood.

So I'm thinking of a Mark For Capture spell that sets deferred kill on the target for ten minutes or so. If you kill them, they go into bleedout, at which point casting Brand on them will formally add them the PAHE slave list. If they go into bleedout and you don't claim them, they'll probably die when the bleedout effect wears off, about 24 hours later.You'd also be able to use Brand to enslave sleeping or paralysed people, much like the PAHE perk. Silent Casting recommended in some cases :)

With that in place, you could disable PAHE's enslavement methods, but you wouldn't have to worry about killing them accidentally, which is always the problem with turning the ensalvement threshold down in the PAHE menu.

Remember that most of the time when we cast these spells it's in our own player bases where we keep our slaves

That's something I'd like to encourage. I mean, these are hugely powerful mind altering spells. Trying to cast them in the field  and without due perparation is something I'd like to be possible, but probably inadvisable.  I'm think casting costs low enough that low level characters could cast the spell, but with potential side-effects for the unskilled or lacking in magicka. Nothing major, things like wiping out your stamina for a few hours, or passing out for an hour or two. Things that wouldn't matter back at base, but which could have consequences away from home, depending on the mods you have installed.

I also want to have some casting aids you can use. Like a funriture item that you could craft and place with Jaxonz Positioner, maybe. Or probably have one installed in the revamped Cronvangr. Stand in the Circle, get the slave to kneel in the pentagram and the side-effects go away.

In a lot of cases though, it is about immersion. I mean I regularly cast Slave to the Flesh and Brand and think nothing of it. Usually one in one hand and one in the other for a new capture. Korneum's Baby Maker though, I have to pay a little attention to The logn charge time means I have to be careful not to release too soon (or else I need to start over) and the relatively short time before sex means I can't mess about after I cast it. That makes the whole thing seem more important than casting Slave to the Flesh , but SttF has a far greater impact on the target's life. I'd casting it to reflect that.

3 hours ago, Sulrandir said:

I remember some variant or add-on to Paradise Halls had books and starter collars and all in Farengar's study; maybe he's an alum of this group?

Now there's a fun idea! The Farengar's study add-on still places those collars and stuff, and I admit I usually grab 'em all, at least when I remember. It might be worth working him into this at some point.

3 hours ago, Sulrandir said:

As long as it's not a bunch of fetch quests ("Damnit! This tome is missing a page! It CLEARLY must be somewhere in that Dwemer ruin over there"), or a 6-hour long chain of SL scenes with nothing for the player to do but vigorously apply lotion

I can guarantee it won't be the second case. It probably will be a series of fetch quests, but I'll try to make sure the payoff is decent and the quests aren't gratuitious

Doing it that way also lets me parcel up new quests and the like in the future. For instance, I'd like to make some Chain Beast spells, and that would be a natural add-on quest. Find the missing folio and get the pages bound into the book for the new spells. And the quest only shows up if you have ChainBeasts.esm loaded and there's no urgency to making the spells.

Or I have some ideas about enchantments and restraints that might make a useful appendix to the book. Things like that.

That said, I might drop in the occasional boss fight. But the fewer moving parts the better, so probably not in the short term :)

I love the idea of a mark for capture spell, my preferred method as of late is to knock an enemy down with SL Defeat one way or another, and then use the dialog option that links the two mods together,  "I'm taking you with me" or something along those lines. But using this method means I usually capture a target at near full health, since I'm just spamming a shield bash until they fall. Adding a spell that means you have to still defeat the enemy, but also that you won't accidentally kill them is another thing that is desperately needed. Maybe this could be the first spell you learn in the quest? It sounds like you have a plan in mind for the quest and everything else, super excited to see it pan out. 

4 hours ago, DocClox said:

Tricky to do with generic slaves since you never know what sort of baggage they may be carrying. I think I can promise some chat with one of the vampires from Cronvangr if you let them live (and why wouldn't you?). And possibly a couple of custom of girls along the lines of Merriam in the HSH questline.

Noted.  I like the idea, but I certainly don't expect it.

4 hours ago, DocClox said:

I'd probably leave a "Spellbook grants all spells at start" option. I could imagine breaking it down by school, and talking to Collette if you wanted to get the resto spells ... but it makes more sense to break them down by power level. I mean, I'd like to make a Master level Resto spell that gave the player a 24 hour long fertility boost similar to the Baby Maker, except that it doesn't expire after sex amd probably gives a hefty boost to  stamina and magicka regeneration, but only during sex. That doesn't feel like it should be in the same cache as Ovulation. If you see what I mean.

The MCM cheat option is an obvious no-brainer.  We're here for the spells, and I'm sure I can't be the only person who finds myself starting an entirely new Skyrim playthrough every couple weeks, so re-running the same quests to get at the spells that are the main meat of the mod would get tedious.  I see where you're coming from with the questline reflecting the relative power of the spells vs. their type/school, though you've already made some effort to tie the spells to their respective schools in your lore.

Just had a thought, thought I'd toss it out: Nelacar.  He's at the inn in Winterhold specifically because he's doing research that's frowned upon at the College; if he's not a perfect setup for someone who might be involved in trying to reverse engineer powerful spells that ultimately give the caster control over other people's basic life functions, I mean...

Maybe he and Farengar are working together on this.  Maybe Farengar uses recovery of the Dragonstone to get you to find the first scrap of Korneum's notes (I did read your quest kick-off notes, earlier, and I like them; just an alternate idea here that jumped out at me).

And, what if maybe Korneum's legacy is only a handful of the lowest-level spells.  Maybe his "breakthroughs" were only scratching the very surface of what's possible.  Just because he's the pioneer who found the trail doesn't mean he was able to follow it all the way to the coast.  Maybe you get at the basic "Increase Sensitivity" and "Sting" spells directly from what you find of Korneum's notes, and through research with other mages, you're the one who actually develops the more powerful spells.  Gives you a built-in lore reason why you're the only one running around leaving women leaking everywhere you go: you're literally the only person who's ever known this magic, and someday, someone will be questing for your notebooks and tomes (lots of them, probably, based on the population growth estimates due to the sudden unexplained surge in the birth rate).

I mean, really.  We're always running around finding old books and scrolls and learning the exact same magic everyone's always used.  What is  the actual point of all the "research" the mages are always doing, if no one's coming up with new spells?  Why not make these spells something the PC creates, which become his legacy to the history of Tamriel?  Korneum's the starting point, but the Dragonborn makes it art.

22 hours ago, Sulrandir said:

I mean, really.  We're always running around finding old books and scrolls and learning the exact same magic everyone's always used.  What is  the actual point of all the "research" the mages are always doing, if no one's coming up with new spells?  Why not make these spells something the PC creates, which become his legacy to the history of Tamriel?  Korneum's the starting point, but the Dragonborn makes it art. 

I like the idea, but that sounds like it would take a lot more work in terms of quests than I'm up for right now. I mean I'd effectively be impementing  a research tree, and then writing a quest for each node you wanted to develop. Degrading experiments on slave, stealing research materials, hunting for references in Apocrypha ... it sounds like would be incredible fun to play. Against that, the thought of debugging it is giving me flashbacks to the cart scene in QAYL.

I think I'm going to keep the spells front and foremost. If I ever get near the end of my "to do" list, I mght look at some original research quests, but not until then :) 

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

I think I'm going to keep the spells front and foremost. If I ever get near the end of my "to do" list, I mght look at some original research quests, but not until then :) 

Most important thing, right here, absolutely. You could also consider building out/releasing any questline piecemeal, but leave the option in the MCM to get the entire master tome. That way, if you peter out on developing the quests, the player could play through whatever HAS been written, then cheat the book in at the end to just get all the spells, anyway.

As to balancing the spells, Mana costs and all are fine and good, but I don't see them being any real consequence, here. As has been mentioned, these are going to be used primarily in "safe" areas, where having to wait for Mana to refill won't be a problem.

Would ACTUAL potential backlash/critical failure type consequences be worth thinking about? Say, the more advanced/powerful the spell is, there's a chance it backfires onto the caster (let's see how YOU like SttF!), or maybe scrambles the slave's PAH stats (random Submission/Fear/Pose/Sex Training point loss), or it destroys any restraints or torture devices being used on the slave. Hell, you could go really nasty and make it so screwing up a spell badly enough destroys all zaz items/furniture in the cell, spawns a whip in every slave's inventory, then sets every slave in the cell to aggro, while debuffing your stamina/Magicka, carry weight and combat stats.  Full-on slave rebellion. Play with a defeat mod, and you could end up having a REALLY bad day.

Maybe tie your failure chance inversely to your stat in the relevant magic school, so critical failures are unlikely/impossible if you're beyond a certain skill level relative to the power of the spell being cast.

Obviously it's way more work than simple Mana costs and buff/debuffs, but it would also probably make a way better check against over using the spells, especially the more powerful ones.

28 minutes ago, Sulrandir said:

As has been mentioned, these are going to be used primarily in "safe" areas, where having to wait for Mana to refill won't be a problem. 

See,  that's the thing. I never do. I just cleared Dimhollow (for abut the fourth time in two weeks) and I turned the initial area into a training room and impregnation chamber for lady vampires and left with about 10 of them in tow, all submitted enough to follow willingly. I can't help thinking there should be some disincentive to that sort of casual attitude.

39 minutes ago, Sulrandir said:

Maybe tie your failure chance inversely to your stat in the relevant magic school, so critical failures are unlikely/impossible if you're beyond a certain skill level relative to the power of the spell being cast.

Oh hell, yeah. If you;re halfway competent you'll be able to throw these things around without worry.

At the end of the day, I don't want to force people to get to 100% in all schools of magic before they can use the interesting stuff. But I also feel that you shouldn't be able to throw adept spells around at novice level without wither taking some care or accepting some risk

Sure, consequences for being incapable would be cool, but I think it should be abundantly clear what your level of competency is. I train my slaves for like 45 minutes at a time pretty often, without saving, and I'd hate to lose all of that progress because there was a hidden 10% chance that Korneum's Baby Maker makes my slave's uterus explode and kills her because my restoration skill was 40 instead of 50 or something. Let us know what the requirements are, and if we want immersion, we'll work towards them, and if we just want good fun, we'll cheat them in. Overall I think making the requirements easily passable with Immersive Cheat Menu or console commands is the way to go, let the player choose how immersive and difficult it is to get and use the spells. Those are just my thoughts.

1 hour ago, InsanityFactor said:

Sure, consequences for being incapable would be cool, but I think it should be abundantly clear what your level of competency is. I train my slaves for like 45 minutes at a time pretty often, without saving, and I'd hate to lose all of that progress because there was a hidden 10% chance that Korneum's Baby Maker makes my slave's uterus explode and kills her because my restoration skill was 40 instead of 50 or something. Let us know what the requirements are, and if we want immersion, we'll work towards them, and if we just want good fun, we'll cheat them in. Overall I think making the requirements easily passable with Immersive Cheat Menu or console commands is the way to go, let the player choose how immersive and difficult it is to get and use the spells. Those are just my thoughts.

Agreed. As much fun as risk and consequence sounds in principle, I can see where it wouldn't be everyone's preference, and could make using the spells TOO prohibitive, depending on how a player has the rest of their game set up.  If there's going to be any "hardcore" consequences beyond straight school skill/Magicka cost, they should probably be an option to be toggled on/off in the MCM.

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

I promise no exploding uteruses, OK? :) 

If it's a problem, I'll add an option to disable side-effects.

Lol, that's a relief, I'd probably welcome side effects if they were minor and/or just affected my character, self-cast SttF, like Sulrandir was saying, on my House Dres character would be the apocalypse for the women of Skyrim, and any regeneration/maximum capacity debuffs make sense. I guess I'll just have to see what you settle on for those, I won't knock it till I try it ;) 

Also, somewhat unrelated side question, but can anyone tell me what anger and fear training actually do and how to raise them? I've been using PAH since it came out on Nexus in like 2013 and I've never bothered to ask.

I think Anger training means that they don't get angry so often when you abuse them. Train it by getting them angry and then disciplining then, Fear, I don't know much about but you train it a little each time you cause a slave pain.

And yeah, almost all side effects are going to be mild player inconveniences. Which isn't to say that passing out couldn't be fatal if you had Frostfall or Deadly Nights loaded, but I'm not going to do anything like that. And a reverse SttF effects is definitely an option ;)

The worst consequences the slave is likely to face is getting in a grump with the player. I might alter her PAHE mood or maybe drop a point of disposition. Maybe turn her green for a day or two. Nothing worse than that.

In other news, I think I have a working Mark For Capture spell. But it has a couple of quirks at the moment. The brand spell is the capture spell, which is posing problems. The tats get attached to an actor who then vanishes to be replaced by a clone. I got one that had the stockings tattooed, and nothing else, the others have been tatless. You can of course, re-brand them, but then the serial number was applied to the old actor, so the clone gets a new one and all the slaves have even numbers.

I figure I can patch PAHE and add a mod event when cloning is complete. I could listen for the event and then tattoo the clone. Or I could split the spell into capture and brand parts.

If I keep on adding patches like this, I may need some sort of installer. Do people still use FOMOD?

[edit]

You gone and got me thinking about things I could do to slaves, now. How'd you feel about temporarily shrinking them down a bit.

There's a modders resource on LL with an empty glass jar. Maybe we could have slaves on display in jars. Maybe jars enchanted so the occupants do nothing but have sex with each other?

[edit]

OK, it works! The Mark For Capture spell, that is, not the little glass jars with endless fucking slaves in them. 

Cast Mark For Capture and you have a minute to subdue your chosen victim. That's too short - I'll see about making that longer. Once they hit less than 1 health, they go into bleedout and should stay there. While they're in bleedout you can Brand them, and this will turn them into formal PHAE slaves (assuming you have PAHE loaded) and when they are fully enslaved and cloned, the spellbook catches the modevent and applies tats and a serial number.

It also works if you enslave them normally and then apply a brand afterwards, and it can be used to re-tat slaves as usual, clearing old tats and adding the current livery from branding.json.

It should also work to capture sleeping victims, paralyzed ones and I'm considering making it work with Vampire's Seduction. If none of those is true, the spell neither enslaves nor brands, and a fight will probably start.

But I haven't tested most of those cases yet.

The Mark for Capture spell sounds excellent; very interested in trying that out.

Loving the idea about shrinking slaves and keeping them in little jars or Terraria, although for my personal tastes, I'd prefer the option for them to be locked in DD gear or zaz furniture or SL anims (solo, duo, group, etc.) With the appropriate animation loop(s). I figure there's way more unpleasant fates than being locked in an endless cycle of sex; I'd prefer access to inflict some of those worse fates. Personally, I'm thinking ultimate punishment: the spider box. A terrarium filled with spiders. Slave girl needs "correction" (or I just want some entertainment), she's shrunk down and put in the case with the spiders. Hilarity ensues.

Also, I can't get the idea out of my head of a cacophony of moaning and shrieking slaves in jars--except their voices are little, like in the Chipmunks cartoons. I'm giggling out loud, and cannot explain the reason why to my wife.

But, if you can shrink a slave and put them in a jar, or a lockbox, that could revolutionize the capture and transport of slaves across Tamriel. Beat down a camp of bandits, enslave them all, shrink them down, shove em in a little lockbox, and carry them back to your compound without worrying about damage, escape, or other potential loss. Ridiculously powerful; access must be tightly controlled.

Doc,

I dont follow your posts or blog that well so I keep seeing your content in a hit and miss fashion.  Thought I'd post a link to a book on bondage positions and methods I posted a bit back in case you or mod followers would find it interesting or motivating.  The link to the artist is in the post, so you can check out the rest of his? artwork.