BodySlide Conversions for FNV/FO3.

Alright, buddy, here's the thing. I downloaded the og mod to see what the hullabaloo was...and I think you might've made a pretty big mistake.
See, the base CBBE body is much smaller than T6, so you couldn't do that "shrinking" to adapt the body to the clothes.
My best guess is that you used your CBBE bodyshape as a reference and, if you didn't use the CBBE-NV osp file that's in your SliderSets folder, the outfit wouldn't have slider support to morph.

Check that to see if it works.

Another thing that might've escaped your thoughts is that you also need to remember to copy the bone weights of the CBBE body on the outfit.

5 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Alright, buddy, here's the thing. I downloaded the og mod to see what the hullabaloo was...and I think you might've made a pretty big mistake.
See, the base CBBE body is much smaller than T6, so you couldn't do that "shrinking" to adapt the body to the clothes.
My best guess is that you used your CBBE bodyshape as a reference and, if you didn't use the CBBE-NV osp file that's in your SliderSets folder, the outfit wouldn't have slider support to morph.

Check that to see if it works.

Another thing that might've escaped your thoughts is that you also need to remember to copy the bone weights of the CBBE body on the outfit.

So I redid the outfit using the same method I'd used on the previous outfits I've converted and the bodyslides worked.  As for references, yes I've been using the CBBE_NV.osp that's in the SliderSets folder and when the whole thing is done, I'm building the outfit in BodySlide with a couple of presets to see how it looks and changes in game.  So, got that figured out.

However, I have no idea about bone weights.  I've not messed with that at all.  Would you expand on that, or maybe post a link that explains it ELI5?

Thank you for all your help, by the way!  It's been invaluable.

2 hours ago, Atenos Aries said:

So I redid the outfit using the same method I'd used on the previous outfits I've converted and the bodyslides worked.  As for references, yes I've been using the CBBE_NV.osp that's in the SliderSets folder and when the whole thing is done, I'm building the outfit in BodySlide with a couple of presets to see how it looks and changes in game.  So, got that figured out.

However, I have no idea about bone weights.  I've not messed with that at all.  Would you expand on that, or maybe post a link that explains it ELI5?

When you move a slider and the cloth doesn't move, it usually means it's not conformed (you know that option on menu CONFORM ALL) or it's conformed for a different body. It's a random bug both me and KHL have since the begin, it happens more on NV clothes but we never figured exactly the cause. I tell you more - everything works in that OS session, then I save, reload, it doesn't work anymore. I redo from scratch, like you, it works... And this, this always smelled very suspicious to me, some big problem beneath I never managed to expose, but I can be wrong of course.

Bone weight is more about animations, it's involved when in game you see a lot of clipping when you move. It's... how much strength a certain bone moves a certain vertice of the mesh, it's easier to understand than to explain...

Edited by A.J.
On 6/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, Atenos Aries said:

Weight painting is sort of a sore subject with me since I'm still trying to understand all of it. What I do know is that in any game, you have to have an animated mesh (.nif in Beth games) properly weighted (all parts of the mesh weight painted to match corresponding bones in the skelly) for it to render and animate without glitches. Note that since we're only talking about FNV here, you don't need to worry about physics weights since the game won't support them for the body as far as I know. Physics and animation bones are different If I understand correctly and have respective weights assigned for them to work.

Now on a new mesh imported as an object or for a mesh that you want to conform to a very different reference (say like vanilla FNV outfit to CBBE-NV), you will need to copy all the bones of that reference for it to render and animate properly in game. The easiest way is just to copy all bones and then try to weight paint any parts of the mesh that were missed before you save the project. I've experimented with max range and vertices to see what happens and I do seem to remember that the default settings are usually best. I'll increase just as much as I need until almost everything is painted and then go back and do my sloppy painting of any parts that were missed using the proper corresponding bones (like breast, chest, upper arm and such). Sometimes even increasing the max range and vertices all the way won't catch all parts of a mesh and you will still have to weight paint those yourself. If no warnings pop about unweighted vertices when you try to save, then you should be fine. I always toggle textures off so I can better see what I'm doing.

Once you understand more, you will realize that you can import ANY mesh as an object and use it with the body (or for static meshes- I've seen a few modders import multiple static objects, resize/arrange them and then export the whole scene). Takes some work to get it looking right and match/make the textures, but it can be fun to do and rewarding when it works.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
On 6/19/2021 at 7:09 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Weight painting is sort of a sore subject with me since I'm still trying to understand all of it. What I do know is that in any game, you have to have an animated mesh (.nif in Beth games) properly weighted (all parts of the mesh weight painted to match corresponding bones in the skelly) for it to render and animate without glitches. Note that since we're only talking about FNV here, you don't need to worry about physics weights since the game won't support them for the body as far as I know. Physics and animation bones are different If I understand correctly and have respective weights assigned for them to work.

Now on a new mesh imported as an object or for a mesh that you want to conform to a very different reference (say like vanilla FNV outfit to CBBE-NV), you will need to copy all the bones of that reference for it to render and animate properly in game. The easiest way is just to copy all bones and then try to weight paint any parts of the mesh that were missed before you save the project. I've experimented with max range and vertices to see what happens and I do seem to remember that the default settings are usually best. I'll increase just as much as I need until almost everything is painted and then go back and do my sloppy painting of any parts that were missed using the proper corresponding bones (like breast, chest, upper arm and such). Sometimes even increasing the max range and vertices all the way won't catch all parts of a mesh and you will still have to weight paint those yourself. If no warnings pop about unweighted vertices when you try to save, then you should be fine. I always toggle textures off so I can better see what I'm doing.

Once you understand more, you will realize that you can import ANY mesh as an object and use it with the body (or for static meshes- I've seen a few modders import multiple static objects, resize/arrange them and then export the whole scene). Takes some work to get it looking right and match/make the textures, but it can be fun to do and rewarding when it works.

Thank you very much for the links and info!  I'll check them out and hopefully learn a bit more, but given that I'm trying to keep it super simple, I don't think I'm going to need to mess about with bone weights and such.  Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
Guest Shadd Ashborn
32 minutes ago, BillyG said:

Um, this one is gone, too - where's the latestest and greatestest Roberts that works with NV CBBE and Bodyslide? Thanks!

Lates Robert N release, aswell my other mods, can be found on my Discord server: https://discord.gg/3wdj8xVJe9

I'm wondering where to find a full conversion of all the vanilla armor sets, ive already downloaded all of the dlc ones but there are still lots of vanilla armors that are missing bodyslide compatibility. thank you for all of your work on these conversions

On 6/15/2021 at 6:10 AM, Svartr564 said:

Alright, buddy. A few things.

One: In OutfitStudio, did you shrink them manually or did you use sliders to shape the body?

Two: Did you remember to Conform the outfit after you changed the body?

Sometimes stuff like that can affect your resul

Hey man how you doin 

Do you have time to make some conversions? 

I need coversions for these three outfits

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35280/

Its sexy nurse 

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45626/

Jill valentine re3 outfit

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51343/

And this here is claire redfield outfit 

7 hours ago, ashen211212 said:

Hey man how you doin 

Do you have time to make some conversions? 

I need coversions for these three outfits

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35280/

Its sexy nurse 

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45626/

Jill valentine re3 outfit

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51343/

And this here is claire redfield outfit 

Not today, but I'll try to get 'em done over the weekend.
There's just one issue. The Claire outfit? Yeah, that's just a retexture of one of the merc outfits. It doesn't have a nif file, so you can just pop it in if you've got that outfit.

11 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Not today, but I'll try to get 'em done over the weekend.
There's just one issue. The Claire outfit? Yeah, that's just a retexture of one of the merc outfits. It doesn't have a nif file, so you can just pop it in if you've got that outfit.

There's no rush my bro

Do it whenever you have time and energy

Btw i couldnt find any proper resident evil 2 claire armor so thats that 

But instead feel free to convert these 

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65386

Screenshot_20210814-151521_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210814-151532_Chrome.jpg

Ok. Little annoying thing about the whole Quo Vadis and Coito Ergo Sum mods...is that they have this annoying yet useful, for every other body type except CBBE, thing where they come in "sizes". I think it's A, B, C or something like that.
What that means is that, when you equip one of their outfits? It loads a "bodysuit" on that size first and then loads the other crap on top of that. So, I cannot promise you in any sort of capacity to be able to help if I make the conversions and you're left with just a floating head and hands, because the "outfits" are modular pieces that are loaded without the underlying reference body so it's just a floating piece of clothing that loads over the bodysuit.

I can make the conversions, but I cannot promise miracles.

On 8/21/2021 at 7:44 AM, Svartr564 said:

Ok. Little annoying thing about the whole Quo Vadis and Coito Ergo Sum mods...is that they have this annoying yet useful, for every other body type except CBBE, thing where they come in "sizes". I think it's A, B, C or something like that.
What that means is that, when you equip one of their outfits? It loads a "bodysuit" on that size first and then loads the other crap on top of that. So, I cannot promise you in any sort of capacity to be able to help if I make the conversions and you're left with just a floating head and hands, because the "outfits" are modular pieces that are loaded without the underlying reference body so it's just a floating piece of clothing that loads over the bodysuit.

I can make the conversions, but I cannot promise miracles.

Damn 

So is there any solution for that? 

@ashen211212

Here you go. Hopefully it works alright. Just make sure you build every object with the SneakyPete tag. Also, you'll need some textures from the og Quo Vadis mod, because they were not packed in the mod from Nexus.
Let me know if there's anything catastrophically broken.

As for the Spice of Life thing...I looked into it. And it was too much for my blood.
Too many outfits, much like the whole pregnancy suite that can be found here. I've converted like, maybe, 1/10th of them so there's no way in hell that I will try to add another big pack on top of that.

SneakyPete.zip

Edited by Svartr564
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, Svartr564 said:

@ashen211212

Here you go. Hopefully it works alright. Just make sure you build every object with the SneakyPete tag. Also, you'll need some textures from the og Quo Vadis mod, because they were not packed in the mod from Nexus.
Let me know if there's anything catastrophically broken.

As for the Spice of Life thing...I looked into it. And it was too much for my blood.
Too many outfits, much like the whole pregnancy suite that can be found here. I've converted like, maybe, 1/10th of them so there's no way in hell that I will try to add another big pack on top of that.

SneakyPete.zip 39.77 MB · 19 downloads

I just download it 

And it was pretty good thanks to your effort 

But the only problem is that tgeres no nurse stocking in it 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Svartr564 said:

If I remember correctly, it didn't have a texture path, you needed to download the Quo Vadis textures if I'm not mistaken.

I looked at converting that mod one time. Got lost with all the different body types/clothing and shit. Great mod though.