BodySlide Conversions for FNV/FO3.

That's weird. I mean, I had no problem using them, and I use the same method just more streamlined and detailed.
Of course, since I don't use vortex at all, maybe it has something to do with that.

Have you tried toggling Archive Invalidation off then on again?

Sometimes that's all it takes.

That's weird. I mean, I had no problem using them, and I use the same method just more streamlined and detailed.
Of course, since I don't use vortex at all, maybe it has something to do with that.

Have you tried toggling Archive Invalidation off then on again?

Sometimes that's all it takes.

Lol, that's my bad, I put the Bodyslide files in the wrong folder. OMG, I don't even know how I could be so stupid. I swear I've never accidentally put something in the wrong folder before. lol

Oh no No Vortex for you? It's thanks to Vortex I can even run Skyrim Special Edition with 1,400 mods installed. Oh gods, I would have never been able to install half of these New Vegas mods either, and my entire team of testers that uses Vortex as well, omg, I have over 12,000 mods now for 31 games, because of Vortex. Omg, and the stupid archive invalidation thingy? Yeah, that's not even a thing with Vortex. I don't need to click it on, click it off; it's automatic. It knows when a mod needs it reset. It's helped me fix New Vegas mods that were very amatuerishly put together. We've used MO, MO2, NMM, every single version too, even those ancient FOMOD tools that look they were hacked up by a drugged out software engineering student with no sleep. I've been right there from the beginning around 12 years ago and then I saw Vortex crush them to pieces. It doesn't just talk. It doesn't just help you fix your game. It gets results. It has automatically been pointing out more and more errors with each update, and some updates were even tailored for handling loose files and shoddily packaged mods for New Vegas. It doesn't matter how badly packaged it is, somehow Vortex knows exactly where to put everything, and if not, it will find out why and tell me.

I need to not be lazy and just install with Vortex. Just to be safe. Sometimes I just throw mods into my folders though still. But you did a wonderful job. Well done. thank you!

Lol, that's my bad, I put the Bodyslide files in the wrong folder. OMG, I don't even know how I could be so stupid. I swear I've never accidentally put something in the wrong folder before. lol

Don't worry, it happens.

And, really, not using Vortex is more of a personal choice. I used to use the old NMM and it REALLY screwed me over with an update that uninstalled every mod I had running in Skyrim and me, being like 10 years less wise and more stupid, never really cleaned my mod loads, even though I really didn't use some and just had them unticked, and had no flippin' clue how to find what the flip was causing the game to crash or the models to remain in the T-pose and such.

So I got real leery of using any mod organizers and just install everything manually.

Sure, I use FOMM for New Vegas, not to install but mostly just to make sure everything is where it needs to be, and I've gotten at least passably deft at using FNVEdit and the GECK to check my loads (and to add female power armor to the game instead of everyone using the same power armors) so there's that.

Maybe later, once I finally get around to buying Skyrim, I'll download Vortex, but, so far, I got it to work ok most of the time.

Guest Shadd Ashborn

Slight showcase of project I work on right now: Robert N Body replacer BodySlide, with 160+ completely custom sliders made specifically for this body shape.

Replacer itself already released on Nexusmods; Bodyslide will be part of next mod update.

Spoiler

Default body (all sliders are Zero)

OutfitStudio_x64_reRtzwXgSq.png.719bcd08e9eb409497d6fdb1a98323e8.png

Muscular Shape coalesced Slider

OutfitStudio_x64_YepOiqzTc1.png.7a7652feaa607cf6a666a25215715e56.png

Fatty Shape coalesced Slider

OutfitStudio_x64_kE6dcDs6S4.png.db64504c9c36872f2c57a9a019fe10c1.png

Slender Shape coalesced Slider

OutfitStudio_x64_T9CpuzZitj.png.43a67cc356646dee1c12da7047982a8d.png

Half-joke custom slider that imitates vanilla male shape. To show off how bad vanilla/breeze is. :D

OutfitStudio_x64_YfWBTAo6I0.png.d522f03daa50a6aaeb9a55a12fbc4623.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shadd Ashborn
1 hour ago, edgyweeb69 said:

yo,

Full Vanilla armor Bodyslide conversion for RM BodySlide: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66480

does not work

image.png.988eece3bb59a372e6d86a4eb635c3e9.png

I removed it because it was obsolete.

There is Robert N replaces that support bodyslide: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/70530?

For now bodyslide files provided only for base body. Making full vanilla armor support for BS is in my plans for future updates.

• 2 months later...

I'm old fashion. Do them all manually by hand for each. I never tried BS for FNV/FO3. I think perhaps if I didn't hone the skill to convert the way I do, I would take interest in BS.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:35 AM, Atenos Aries said:

Is there a tutorial for how to convert other outfits to this format?  I would very much like to see Izumiko's T6M stuff brought over to bodyslide, but have absolutely NO idea how to work outfit studio to do it myself.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

You can find a video tutorial here and the "official guide" here.
Video is for FO4, but it's the same OutfitStudio that we use here, so the process is the same.
If you want to get deeper into it, I got some tips that might help.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so after a large number of overtime working days, I finally got a chance to try to convert something.  I'm attempting to convert Izumiko's T6M Combat Uniform to the NV CBBE body.  I'm following the oxhorn tutorial linked above, but when I try to start a new project, I get the error "Could not load reference NIF file 'C:/Steam/steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Tools\BodySlide\ShapeData\\'!  I know that the Bodyslide/Outfit Studio version I'm using is newer than the one in the tutorial but I don't have enough technical knowledge to make sense of what I've found so far on google.  HELP PLEASE!

Ok. Don't panic. First, make sure that BodySlide and OutfitStudio are installed in the Fallout New Vegas folder.
Now, you need to make sure that in the settings of both the reference skeleton has something like "steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Tools\BodySlide\res\skeleton_BoMo.nif" or the compatibility one.
Check that first. Then, make sure that you're using the "CBBE_NV-1" or "CBBE_NV-1HH" as your reference.
You need to select them in the "From File" and Browse to find them. They are in the "Slider Sets" folder.

13 hours ago, Atenos Aries said:

OK, so after a large number of overtime working days, I finally got a chance to try to convert something.  I'm attempting to convert Izumiko's T6M Combat Uniform to the NV CBBE body.  I'm following the oxhorn tutorial linked above, but when I try to start a new project, I get the error "Could not load reference NIF file 'C:/Steam/steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Tools\BodySlide\ShapeData\\'!  I know that the Bodyslide/Outfit Studio version I'm using is newer than the one in the tutorial but I don't have enough technical knowledge to make sense of what I've found so far on google.  HELP PLEASE!

Are you choosing the reference from the drop down list or manually pointing to it in the slider sets folder? That's the way I have to do it. I have to browse to the reference slider set. Note that if you are using breast animations, you only copy those specific bones or you will have areas on some outfits that aren't weighted and it won't work that way. It'll give you a warning not to save, but it won't stop you from trying, lol.

Ok, first of all, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for your help!  I've got it showing up in game now.  I did indeed need to select the reference body by browsing.  I figured out how to delete the t6m reference and how to select all the remaining bits to conform everything.  Oxhorn's video was wrong in one important aspect.  In his video, he says to deselect "Copy reference shape into output".  When I did that, the clothing was showing up, but not the body!  Keeping it selected did the trick.  I'm sure that this only applies to FNV CBBE. 

I need to do more testing and tweaking and figure out how to package this conversion as a mod, but once I do, would it be ok for me to post the conversion so that someone could beta test it for me?

Thank you all again! :)

On 4/5/2021 at 10:27 PM, Atenos Aries said:

I need to do more testing and tweaking and figure out how to package this conversion as a mod, but once I do, would it be ok for me to post the conversion so that someone could beta test it for me?

The way to do that is that, once you've made the conversión, you just need to package it using OutfitStudio and, since it replaces the mesh in the meshes folder, you just need the original esp file.
Now, if you want to make your own esp, you'll need FNVEdit and/or the GECK to make it.
Here you'll find a nice little primer for the GECK, so you'll learn the basics. It's a bit old, but the GECK hasn't changed much, so I figure it'll help.

Thank you for the info :).  I was looking to just eventually release the files necessary to make this work with CBBE with the original file from Izumiko required.  Wouldn't it be just a matter of packaging the file in the proper format instead of trying to make an esp?

Yes, it is easier that way, however, if you ever want to, say, tweak the values of the armor or if you ever find yourself converting an armor that has no "alternate", like the power armors, for example, which only exist in their unisex variant and if you just convert it you'll see dudes running around in curvy or skimpy female armor, you'll need to either edit the esp, which is a no-no, or create your own to add them to the world.
So, it's just a matter of "it might be useful" rather than "you need to learn this".

I always put together esps for clothing/armor using X-edit. Just seems easier to me to do it that way than in the Geck. Now for placing the clothing/armor in the worldspace somewhere not in a leveled list or container, for instance, you will need to use it. I just use an existing container that doesn't reset to place items in.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

I can be wrong, but I've seen that issue when a texture lacks mipmaps

I, really, have no idea how to fix it. I checked the textures folder and there's no "xxxx_n.dds" file, so I checked the texture path it should follow and the "normal" box is empty, so there's just the difuse but not the normal texture. What's weird is that the pauldrons and belt try to follow a path to a different folder, that does exist and has the appropriate file, but they still show as "texture-less" on the GECK.