BodySlide Conversions for FNV/FO3.

Well, I got done nothing much, seeing as FNV kept crashing on me.

Tried every fix under the sun, up to and including reseting my GPU (which, to be fair, was very out of date), until I came across the fact that, like a moron, I allowed Steam to install on the Program Files.

So that's been my past 24 hours.

I did get a little something done.

A FNV CBBE conversion of the very same Gypsy outfits that open this thread.

I dunno if anyone will find them useful, seeing as they are basically the same, but they're converted to CBBE and are made to be used with the FNV port of the Azar Gypsy Outfits, so no TTW or FO3 required.

Anyway, back to trying to play the game.

Silver Lining? It does run much better after everything that I've done.

Now, if only I could find a decent face changer...

Azar Gypsy CBBE.zip

...didn't wanna do it, but it came to it.

The nuclear option.

This son of a bitch keeps crashing on me on the same fucking stretch of land.

So I'm gonna uninstall it, delete everything in the FNV folder, except for the Tool folder, obviously, and try again later.

Maybe that'll help me reduce the bloated mod list.

Though it wasn't that large, actually.

Maybe 30, tops.

I know it's not the correct thread, but I really am getting depressed with this.

It keeps crashing and crashing and crashing.

I know some crashes are inevitable...but to crash every single time I try to enter a particular building?

I can see why AJ left the game.

Anyway, gonna keep working on making the conversions for Kristina's Closet.

If any of you knows what the flying spaghetti monster this damn thing means and, more importantly, how to fix it...hah.

16202852 _ NewVegasAntiCrash FalloutNV.exe
16202852 _ 0CF10000 07050000 nvac.dll
16202852 _ 0CD40000 05010060 nvse_1_4.dll
16202852 _ 771E0000 06011DB0 ntdll.dll
16223922 e 00E8C00D C0000005 FalloutNV.exe
16223922 r 00E8C9A9 00E8C00D FalloutNV.exe
16223922 h 00E8CD2E 8B0E8B51 FalloutNV.exe
16223922 h 00E8CD30 8B513056 FalloutNV.exe
16223922 n 00000000 00E8CD36
16223922 r 00E8CD36 00000000 FalloutNV.exe
16223929 q 00E8CD54 C0000409 FalloutNV.exe
16223929 _ CRASHSAV E_THREAD FalloutNV.exe
16223929 ! CRASHSAV E_FAIL_0 FalloutNV.exe

Anyway, see ya later.

11 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

I know it's not the correct thread, but I really am getting depressed with this.

It keeps crashing and crashing and crashing.

I know some crashes are inevitable...but to crash every single time I try to enter a particular building?

I can see why AJ left the game.

Anyway, gonna keep working on making the conversions for Kristina's Closet.

If any of you knows what the flying spaghetti monster this damn thing means and, more importantly, how to fix it...hah.

16202852 _ NewVegasAntiCrash FalloutNV.exe
16202852 _ 0CF10000 07050000 nvac.dll
16202852 _ 0CD40000 05010060 nvse_1_4.dll
16202852 _ 771E0000 06011DB0 ntdll.dll
16223922 e 00E8C00D C0000005 FalloutNV.exe
16223922 r 00E8C9A9 00E8C00D FalloutNV.exe
16223922 h 00E8CD2E 8B0E8B51 FalloutNV.exe
16223922 h 00E8CD30 8B513056 FalloutNV.exe
16223922 n 00000000 00E8CD36
16223922 r 00E8CD36 00000000 FalloutNV.exe
16223929 q 00E8CD54 C0000409 FalloutNV.exe
16223929 _ CRASHSAV E_THREAD FalloutNV.exe
16223929 ! CRASHSAV E_FAIL_0 FalloutNV.exe

Anyway, see ya later.

I don't know what that shit means, lol. Do you use FNVEdit by any chance? It has helped me innumerable times finding and fixing problems with my beth games. If you're crashing in one interior (cell) then maybe it's trying to load a faulty mesh? I've found that FNV can be very "finicky" when it comes to certain meshes built or modified in BS OS. Not saying that you've done anything wrong, but I would check all those meshes you've modded one by one to be sure. For instance, some meshes I built in the older version of BS caused my game to ctd/crash. I saved them in Nifskope to automatically clean them and then they worked in game just fine. Ousnius seems to have fixed this problem mostly in the newest version of BS, but you never know. Saving each mesh you've built in Nifskope is quick and easy (the ones in your game folder).

BTW, you can also call up the event log on your computer and see what type of error caused the ctd. It may give a better idea if nothing else- for example an exception handling error.

In all truth, my view on NV stability is different by what I usually read. I played vanilla FO3, FONV and Skyrim for a long time. I only knew mods later, so in the meantime I replayed and finished them (some) times. And I personally never had issues with these. I know that modern operative systems can give problems etc. while I was on Windows XP first and Windows 7 later, so I can only speak for my specific situation obviously, but my crash problems started (and never ended) with modding. The hardware changed with time, so I'm not even sure it can be hardware related. Coming from a satisfied vanilla experience, I was never very happy to install all those "lemme show you how to fix this, Beth!" mods, I was never the kind of picky person who is sad if a building has 5 windows outside and 3 windows inside, I probably wouldn't even notice it, so I not always had the suggested fixes in my load order.

But, the few times that my modded NV was crashing at the point to be unplayable (once every minute for example), for desperation I was firing up the GECK and I was inspecting few esps, I was finding error or I was thinking "I would have never done it, really". I don't generalize, but I believe that the sum of many mods with peculiar approaches then lead the game to be more prone to crash. I tend to avoid old mods if it's meshes and scripts, I'm pretty confident on NVSE mods usually, I avoid those mods overloading with a lot of assets, because I doubt the engine was meant to handle all these textures and meshes on 32 bits, also avoid mods touching navmesh or room bounds, if I install needs/game effect/game play I prefer to focus on the player and not on other npcs, eventually disable their effects on mcm. I also tend to avoid mods with spawns, but if I install creatures / npcs I prefer those hand placed.

Something I do as habit in every beth game, along with never reindexing mods as I was telling you some time ago, is saving on new slots everytime. We don't have problems with space... and anyway eventually after a while we can simply go under documents\my games\(beth game)\saves and delete some of the older... it's also a good occasion to check the size of the saves and the cosave, to see if at a certain point there was some drastic increase.

6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I've found that FNV can be very "finicky" when it comes to certain meshes built or modified in BS OS. Not saying that you've done anything wrong, but I would check all those meshes you've modded one by one to be sure. For instance, some meshes I built in the older version of BS caused my game to ctd/crash. I saved them in Nifskope to automatically clean them and then they worked in game just fine. Ousnius seems to have fixed this problem mostly in the newest version of BS, but you never know. Saving each mesh you've built in Nifskope is quick and easy (the ones in your game folder).

Can you explain how to do that? I really, really know jackshit about nifskope.

Do I just load the outfit from the mesh folder and save it?

29 minutes ago, Svartr564 said:

Do I just load the outfit from the mesh folder and save it

Yup. It's just that easy. Nifskope has filters enabled by default that will clean the nif- or something like that- when you save it. All I know is it worked for me many times. The nifs from your game folder- the ones you built through BS.

BTW, small tip that is especially helpful when dealing with outfits that include "tearing".

Use T to disable textures temporarily. This makes the "thorn" grid appear complete. This really helps with outfits that include "fishnets", "thorn segments", and other similar "interruptions" to the mesh.

Guest Shadd Ashborn

Something about deep WIP state, though fit current topic - my main project, APOLLO Androids race update will contain full BodySlide support, with 154 sliders done manually in Blender from scratch specifically for this body shape. So, if you like shiny metal asses and like to mess with sliders - it may be fun for you when V4 will be finally released. :)

Working with sliders in proper way is fun so I even had thoughts to make some fast simple slider set for breeze low poly crapness, lol.

aaaOutfitStudio_x64_gWk76mFKjx.thumb.png.729ee77cfd0e5c44e9e40660630bc5a5.png

Spoiler

OutfitStudio_x64_ASRK5s6OrB.png.6a9b9e08c979c102f8179891821e4666.png

OutfitStudio_x64_02NqeR3lEh.png.ef4506cf5205b63cc5557de5e6b6cabd.png

OutfitStudio_x64_VnhYt2jlOS.png.6cd81c2e65d9585aabb290ef200666a2.png

OutfitStudio_x64_RTDVf4hRNQ.png.1d763ca99c799f0ce2df73474add1320.png

ACDSeeQVPro9_QshmFJtg2R.png.818fb1f33dd5b3a64e501d6de3f997fc.png

Yeeesh. Kudos, that looks like a shedload of work.

TBH I got no idea how to use Blender or any other such tool. I got DAZ installed, my gf got curious about it and I never remember to uninstall it, but dayum that looks impressive.

Question: Would this be a, sort of, sibling mod to that Daughters of ARES thing I've seen mentioned here and there?

Maybe if I ever can solve that fucking C0000409 crash that keeps popping up...

Guest Shadd Ashborn
2 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Question: Would this be a, sort of, sibling mod to that Daughters of ARES thing I've seen mentioned here and there?

Heh, thanks. Actually, mod already released and avaible on Nexus for already pretty long time. :)

It hard to be called "sibling" for ares, it's more likely next generation (scripts and stuff made using new JIP capabilities, so optimisation, stability and armor switch framework cannot be compared to obsolete ares scripts).

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. Found a way to check if the game will crash because of a mesh that is a bit faster and more trustworthy than loading and saving on nifskope.

If you try to load the nif with GECK and the mesh would crash the game? GECK will crash and not load a thing.

That way you can identify troublesome meshes quickly just by trying to open them with the GECK and you can then try to fix them either by reinstalling the mod or using a tool to extract the vanilla mesh from the BSA and work with that in OS.

Neat.

So, I changed my laptop, poor thing had already had nearly a decade of service, and I started installing things.

Most mods installed without issue...but, for some ungodly reason, maybe the fact that my new laptop has the bulk of it's memory partitioned to the D drive and the C drive is mostly for the OS and Program Files, A LOT OF MY CONVERSIONS FOR SCR AND MPO WENT TO SHIT!

So, now I gotta go over every single one with a fine tooth comb to make sure it won't crash on me if, by accident, I stumble upon a SB or FB area.

Thank the Outer Gods that I always keep a copy of the original meshes in another folder.

Also, and I don't know why this happens, for some reason the texture path of The Penetrator mesh is shit, tries to locate a file path that doesn't exist.

In better news I tweaked that texture path so now it looks like a human penis, just adjusted the UV map to load the dick texture from the Robert's erect body suit.

So I just hide the panty part with a zap, and my shortstack sociopath is now a futa...technically.

PS: The smoking mod by edisleado seems to me the natural companion for any Sexout mod ever...even if you might need to tweak the nif a bit with nifskope to adjust the smokes to your head-mesh.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I got no idea why this happens, hoping someone here has an answer.

I wanted to make a conversion of the ingame power armors, because they are but ugly, and looked up how to add them to a little esp I did to practice.

Problem is, they never compile correctly and you can't even load them to nifskope because it says that a NiNode is unknown and it was blocked or somesuch.

In the GECK they just appear as a giant exclamation mark, you know which ones, and I got no idea what to do.

I even tried downloading a mod that added "Female Power Armor" for Type 6 and working from there, but the same thing happens. Even if I try to do it without showing the Reference Body it keeps happening.

Anyone has any ideas?

Could this potentially work with the athletic body type from the nexus? I really like the Tactical Jam mod from bunsaki, but there are a couple mods that I would like to convert to the athletic type and I really have no idea how to do that normally so I was wondering if this could be a solution?

7 hours ago, squirral1989 said:

Could this potentially work with the athletic body type from the nexus? I really like the Tactical Jam mod from bunsaki, but there are a couple mods that I would like to convert to the athletic type and I really have no idea how to do that normally so I was wondering if this could be a solution?

It is technically possible, of course it wouldn't truly be the Athletic Body, because the CBBE body uses a different texture map, but you could adapt the outfits to the bodyshape.

But I don't know if you can use a different body type as a reference...

I mean, I think you can, but you wouldn't get the sliders...of course, if you want to use the Athletic Body type as it is, you wouldn't care about messing with the bones and such so...

Maybe?

You'd have to try and see if it doesn't get all fucked up.

If it does, another thing you can do is change the texture path of the "skin" portion of the mesh to the upperbodyfemale.dds and upperbodyfemale_n.dds from the Athletic Body and tick the "Copy reference shape into output" option off.

Found out what was happening. It was on the Enclave armors that have that little fan on the back. For some reason those objects couldn't be manipulated in OS.

So I just deleted them and the armor can now work. So here I go, converting Power Armor and hopefully not fucking things up.

Friends, we went from this:

image.thumb.png.565ef2cb8ad0d1c75ed73dcb5aa0978d.png

image.thumb.png.32d987efdb6d4723221bc719c652d88e.png

To this:

image.thumb.png.cdf0677c4e1c6944e7f9abe37e05f5ae.png

image.thumb.png.d044fd2d5fb874127290b120995af4ce.png

As you might notice, I made it slimmer and leggier, while keeping the bulky "back pack" from the Enclave Advanced Power Armor, in part for immersion, seeing as it's something of a power core and coolant or somesuch...and mostly because I hid it to work around it and forgot to adapt it and was too goddamned lazy to try not to fuck it up, so I just moved it until it looked ok.

Well, I am done. The Tesla armors cannot be converted with OS, maybe with blender or something else, but I got no fucking clue how to work with that.

They give a fuckload of "No Image" pieces that cannot be addressed by OS. Same as the fan on the back of that armor on the previous post, but more generalized, so it would be practically the same as copying that one and the Enclave Armor and just slapping the new texture on top.

I mean, I can, but I don't see the point really...

10 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Well, I am done. The Tesla armors cannot be converted with OS, maybe with blender or something else, but I got no fucking clue how to work with that.

They give a fuckload of "No Image" pieces that cannot be addressed by OS. Same as the fan on the back of that armor on the previous post, but more generalized, so it would be practically the same as copying that one and the Enclave Armor and just slapping the new texture on top.

I mean, I can, but I don't see the point really...

Okay, I've gotta ask because I've done some searching and found nothing so far- How are you adding vertices to meshes? Are you using OS to do it and if so how? :cool:

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Okay, I've gotta ask because I've done some searching and found nothing so far- How are you adding vertices to meshes? Are you using OS to do it and if so how? :cool:

I am using OS.

You see that little icon besides the Field of View slider? The one that looks like a green dot inside a diamond.

That's the "splitting" tool. What it does is that it adds a vertex at the center of a line and connects it to the nearest "unoccupied" pair of vertices.

For some examples, here are some ways to edit meshes and a more thorough breakdown on the tools.