BodySlide Conversions for FNV/FO3.

6 minutes ago, Svartr564 said:

I am using OS.

You see that little icon besides the Field of View slider? The one that looks like a green dot inside a diamond.

That's the "splitting" tool. What it does is that it adds a vertex at the center of a line and connects it to the nearest "unoccupied" pair of vertices.

For some examples, here are some ways to edit meshes and a more thorough breakdown on the tools.

Wow, thanks! You don't know how long I've wanted something like this in OS since I don't use blender. :thumbsup:

No problem.

It really helps make "skin-tight" clothing.

But remember, when you add vertices you need to conform them too, even if you already conformed the mesh to the reference body, the new vertices are unweighted and unconformed. So it might seem like you need a lot more than you actually do.

Another useful hint...that I found out way after I started, is that if you put a "mask" over an area and press the D key, the mask will spread as long as you press it, but only to the "connected" vertices, so it's a useful way to edit pieces of a shape or object without worrying that you'll distort it all.

The A key does the opposite, unmasking areas but only areas that are not fully masked. So it helps to see what's connected to what else.

Was real useful when converting the Power Armors.

10 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

No problem.

It really helps make "skin-tight" clothing.

But remember, when you add vertices you need to conform them too, even if you already conformed the mesh to the reference body, the new vertices are unweighted and unconformed. So it might seem like you need a lot more than you actually do.

Another useful hint...that I found out way after I started, is that if you put a "mask" over an area and press the D key, the mask will spread as long as you press it, but only to the "connected" vertices, so it's a useful way to edit pieces of a shape or object without worrying that you'll distort it all.

The A key does the opposite, unmasking areas but only areas that are not fully masked. So it helps to see what's connected to what else.

Was real useful when converting the Power Armors.

Oh, thanks. I've got a tip as well. When masking vertices, you don't need to mask the outside edge as it will do so automatically. You know how you can mask too much sometimes, catching some vertices you didn't want? You mask right up to the edge, then invert the mask and zap or separate or delete cleanly. Try it and you should be able to see what I mean.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:39 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

Oh, thanks. I've got a tip as well. When masking vertices, you don't need to mask the outside edge as it will do so automatically. You know how you can mask too much sometimes, catching some vertices you didn't want? You mask right up to the edge, then invert the mask and zap or separate or delete cleanly. Try it and you should be able to see what I mean.

Careful when splitting objects buddy, I've found that, when working with the vanilla meshes, sometimes splitting an object can cause a CTD when trying to load the outfit.

When you work on them it's best to keep a back-up of the nif at hand and try to load them using the GECK to see if they'll show up correctly.
If the outfit would cause a CTD, the rendering window from the GECK will crash instead, so then you'll know. Nifskope doesn't always catch those, sometimes you can load it perfectly fine in there and the outfit will still cause a CTD.

And what, if I may ask, are you working on?

21 minutes ago, Svartr564 said:

sometimes splitting an object can cause a CTD when trying to load the outfit.

I've only seen that happen with FNV. It has worked fine for me in other games. Hell you can add stuff to a nif, take shit out, split things up and it works in Skyrim or FO4.

Maybe, but as I have only started now and just on FNV, that's why I mention it. I'm pretty sure if you use Blender or some other program you can split them or whatever, and I have added some parts and replaced others in non-vanilla meshes, but it's annoying to work with the vanilla ones because of this.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Wrathofomega666 said:

so the gypsy outfits listed on the front page are showing in BS OS like this:
anyone got any ideas?
i have AI! installed properly  and i'm using MO2 
it's JUST the Gypsy Outfits that are being dumb

Help?

Reveal hidden contents

WUUUUT.thumb.png.355d4b7528d0ad4e132384bdb0033130.pnggrrrrr.thumb.png.a80c37978a69f47da69b1567855d6807.png

Are you using CBBE? Because it's not for that body and textures. @Svartr564 did a conversion for CBBE and uploaded it here in the thread. I'll add it to the opening post later.

22 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:
On 11/1/2020 at 10:34 AM, Wrathofomega666 said:

so the gypsy outfits listed on the front page are showing in BS OS like this:
anyone got any ideas?
i have AI! installed properly  and i'm using MO2 
it's JUST the Gypsy Outfits that are being dumb

Help?

Reveal hidden contents

WUUUUT.thumb.png.355d4b7528d0ad4e132384bdb0033130.pnggrrrrr.thumb.png.a80c37978a69f47da69b1567855d6807.png

Are you using CBBE? Because it's not for that body and textures. @Svartr564 did a conversion for CBBE and uploaded it here in the thread. I'll add it to the opening post later.

oh yeah my bad, i didn't realize that till you said something.

although now i have a few different issues. if i use don't the nude textures that come with the vanilla outfit conversions it screws up the body with the gypsy outfits.

HOWEVER if i DON"T it'll look fine but the vanilla and all the other outfits will get the crotch on the stomach bug...
also the gypsy outfits only half work (the conversions) while yes they morph, that's all. the body stays static. but the vanilla ones as well as the other conversions like Kristina's closet work fine. 

not quite sure what's going on there. 
any and all help would be greatly appreciated! :)
last question though...is there a fnv port for the Draz and Dimon outfits?
i suppose i could port them over myself for personal use only but i was just wondering if there's an already existing port?
and just outta sheer curiosity, i noticed you said you were working on the BnB outfits? how far along is that? no rush at all, i'm just wondering is all :)
keep up the good work!!  

If you use CBBE, the textures for any outfit meant for a type 3 body will look wrong. You have to convert them if they haven't been already. Vice versa for type 3 trying to wear any outfit meant for CBBE. The textures for each type body are mapped totally different.

The morphs never worked for the Gypsy outfits in my game. Bodyslide might now be updated to use them, though. I haven't messed with them in this game, so I couldn't tell you how well they work.

I'm not aware of any conversion for the Draz and Dimon outfits. TBH I never heard of them till now.

Sorry to say that I'm working on other things right now and have no plans to do the BnB outfits. Too many promises made and not enough time or enthusiasm for a game I hardly play anymore. I'm working on the original mods I either helped with or made and nothing else so I can finally feel like they're complete.

The nips on hips issue can be solved pretty easily.

Load the outfit on Outfit Studio and make sure that the "Body" from the outfit is CBBE, not Cali or any other. That problem happens when you try to load a different body type with the CBBE body texture.

The other skin issue happens when you use a "modular" outfit or an accessory.
To solve it load the individual pieces on Outfit Studio one by one, use "Save as" and on the option window that shows up make sure that the option "Load with reference shape" or something like that is unchecked.
That should fix it.

Hope that helped.

On 11/4/2020 at 1:23 AM, Svartr564 said:

The nips on hips issue can be solved pretty easily.

Load the outfit on Outfit Studio and make sure that the "Body" from the outfit is CBBE, not Cali or any other. That problem happens when you try to load a different body type with the CBBE body texture.

The other skin issue happens when you use a "modular" outfit or an accessory.
To solve it load the individual pieces on Outfit Studio one by one, use "Save as" and on the option window that shows up make sure that the option "Load with reference shape" or something like that is unchecked.
That should fix it.

Hope that helped.

hmm the first solution would work i'm sure but the outfit i was wearing was not modular. it was a single outfit. i'll mess with it another day but for now i just wanna play lol

On 11/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

If you use CBBE, the textures for any outfit meant for a type 3 body will look wrong. You have to convert them if they haven't been already. Vice versa for type 3 trying to wear any outfit meant for CBBE. The textures for each type body are mapped totally different.

The morphs never worked for the Gypsy outfits in my game. Bodyslide might now be updated to use them, though. I haven't messed with them in this game, so I couldn't tell you how well they work.

I'm not aware of any conversion for the Draz and Dimon outfits. TBH I never heard of them till now.

Sorry to say that I'm working on other things right now and have no plans to do the BnB outfits. Too many promises made and not enough time or enthusiasm for a game I hardly play anymore. I'm working on the original mods I either helped with or made and nothing else so I can finally feel like they're complete.

gotcha! and i understand your decision on the BNB outfits. but thank you for at least trying to help :) appreciate it!

Huh, that's strange. The "spotty tan" usually happens because the game loads two of the same "skin" and the textures overlap.

In another matter, which of the BnB outfits would you like conversions of? I made them, but I always forget to share 'em.

And, let's be real, no one uses every outfit. You pick like 3 or 4 of them and use those.

• 1 month later...

Oh that was you who did the Honest Hearts DLC and the others. They work awesome! Except the Honest Hearts one. For some odd reason I am having a looooot of problems with it. White legs outfits flicker on and off on females. Sorrows outfits just CTD as soon as they are equipped or I am near someone who has them equipped. Maybe it's the Vanilla Outfits Bodyslided from Nexus conflicting with Port Alpha? Idk. But it's just the HH DLC conversions that aren't working for me. Also really badly warped skin textures (classic nipples on belly thing) for the Dead Horses outfit.

On 11/7/2020 at 2:21 PM, Svartr564 said:

Huh, that's strange. The "spotty tan" usually happens because the game loads two of the same "skin" and the textures overlap.

In another matter, which of the BnB outfits would you like conversions of? I made them, but I always forget to share 'em.

And, let's be real, no one uses every outfit. You pick like 3 or 4 of them and use those.

Sorry I couldn't find the OG post you made somewhere above of the HH CBBE Conversion when I posted earlier to you, but after doing a little poking around in Outfit Studio, it's telling me there are bone weight problems with several parts of the clothing items.

I didn't back up the vanilla nifs. That's my bad, but it looks like I'm going to have to load a save from before the DLC until I can find a conversion so I can build the nifs with the fixed files. I can't think of any other way to easily get back the original nifs because I already built them all. Oh dear me.

1 hour ago, Lynche6669 said:

Sorry I couldn't find the OG post you made somewhere above of the HH CBBE Conversion when I posted earlier to you, but after doing a little poking around in Outfit Studio, it's telling me there are bone weight problems with several parts of the clothing items.

I didn't back up the vanilla nifs. That's my bad, but it looks like I'm going to have to load a save from before the DLC until I can find a conversion so I can build the nifs with the fixed files. I can't think of any other way to easily get back the original nifs because I already built them all. Oh dear me.

Vanilla nifs are pretty easy to restore. You need a BSA unpacker and you just unpack them from the original BSA file that is in your data folder.

And I am aware of the issue with the Sorrows outfits I made some time ago, I later learned my lesson, here's the fixed versions, hopefully this fixes it.

Also, I am sorry to say I got no idea how to fix the White Legs issue. Sorry about that.

HH Sorrows.zip

1 hour ago, Lynche6669 said:

Oh that was you who did the Honest Hearts DLC and the others. They work awesome! Except the Honest Hearts one. For some odd reason I am having a looooot of problems with it. White legs outfits flicker on and off on females. Sorrows outfits just CTD as soon as they are equipped or I am near someone who has them equipped. Maybe it's the Vanilla Outfits Bodyslided from Nexus conflicting with Port Alpha? Idk. But it's just the HH DLC conversions that aren't working for me. Also really badly warped skin textures (classic nipples on belly thing) for the Dead Horses outfit.

As for the hip-nip problem, that happens because the tribes in Zion use their own female texture map. I can't fix that, I really don't mess much with textures, but there's a solution.
Go to your Data folder and extract the textures for the female upper bodies of each tribe from the HH bsa file. Now copy the upperbodyfemale.dds file from your character folder, the one that was installed with the CBBE body, and paste it on the folder containing the tribal textures. Now you need to make a copy for each tribe and rename them as each tribal upper body texture. You'll miss on the unique tattoos on the tribes, but no more chest-panties and hip-nipples.

Mind you, this is a stopgap measure, so if someone else can make the texture conversions or if you find them elsewhere, then all the better, but this should be a workable solution.

2 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

As for the hip-nip problem, that happens because the tribes in Zion use their own female texture map. I can't fix that, I really don't mess much with textures, but there's a solution.
Go to your Data folder and extract the textures for the female upper bodies of each tribe from the HH bsa file. Now copy the upperbodyfemale.dds file from your character folder, the one that was installed with the CBBE body, and paste it on the folder containing the tribal textures. Now you need to make a copy for each tribe and rename them as each tribal upper body texture. You'll miss on the unique tattoos on the tribes, but no more chest-panties and hip-nipples.

Mind you, this is a stopgap measure, so if someone else can make the texture conversions or if you find them elsewhere, then all the better, but this should be a workable solution.

Amazing advice. lol. I've never messed with bsas before so that might take me a few days to try, but I'll ask my friends who are testing these with me to think about it.

I didn't have OWB and others until today (thought I did, but no, just the LR CBBE conversions) and now we are finding out that all of the outfit conversions for any DLC seems to just cause a CTD on equip or when in a cell with someone who has it equipped. Some outfits work for others, but it seems to be either all or most of the outfits causing immediate CTDs after installing and building in Bodyslide. I'm so sorry. This must be stressful. I really appreciate your work.

Maybe it's just the Assassins outfit. I don't know. I can't seem to get anything but CTDs whenever I equip the Stealk Suit MkII either.

That's odd. I had no problems with OWB. My only problem is with DM, which never loads the Sierra Madre map.

Here's a piece of advice so you can tell me which outfits crash and which don't, because I had to fix several that were included in the original BodySlide thread.
Download the GECK, you won't need to mess too much with it, so just download it and have it installed in your Fallout New Vegas folder.
Once you do so, make sure it's selected as the go-to program to open .nif extensions.

Now, just open up a .nif file, any outfit you believe might be causing a crash.

If it runs properly, then a window will open and the rendered outfit will display without issue. If it would cause a crash for any reason, then that window will crash instead of you having to open up the game, load a save and try every outfit.

Once you've done that, let me know. Maybe I've already worked something out.

Because, like I said, I've already finished all DLC except Dead Money without issue.

Ah, and let me know when you've finished LR, I forgot to add the Courier Coats and the Ulysses Coat to the previous package.

19 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

That's odd. I had no problems with OWB. My only problem is with DM, which never loads the Sierra Madre map.

Here's a piece of advice so you can tell me which outfits crash and which don't, because I had to fix several that were included in the original BodySlide thread.
Download the GECK, you won't need to mess too much with it, so just download it and have it installed in your Fallout New Vegas folder.
Once you do so, make sure it's selected as the go-to program to open .nif extensions.

Now, just open up a .nif file, any outfit you believe might be causing a crash.

If it runs properly, then a window will open and the rendered outfit will display without issue. If it would cause a crash for any reason, then that window will crash instead of you having to open up the game, load a save and try every outfit.

Once you've done that, let me know. Maybe I've already worked something out.

Because, like I said, I've already finished all DLC except Dead Money without issue.

Ah, and let me know when you've finished LR, I forgot to add the Courier Coats and the Ulysses Coat to the previous package.

You got it. I really should have waited before posting. I was just so wigged. lol. I'm going to do exactly as you said. It's about damn time I opened GECK for the first time. I've had it for a few weeks and I just never tried it.

That makes me feel a lot better when you say all I have to do is open the outfit's nifs. I have a lot experience messing with outfits with the Scope because back in my Skyrim LE days I was never satisfied with an outfit; I always had to edit them all.

That sounds like a way easier way to test the outfits too. It'll definitely save me a lot of trouble.

Edit: So all the outfits work at the Sierra Madre except for the Stealth suits and Assassins outfit which I think are the same item. Idk. Even the MKII is bugged.

Update: Umm, weird thing. When I look at some of these outfits, they don't have a CBBE Reference of any kind. Is that bad?

2 hours ago, Lynche6669 said:

Update: Umm, weird thing. When I look at some of these outfits, they don't have a CBBE Reference of any kind. Is that bad?

Actually, some outfits I made without the reference body to reduce the size of the file. Because the CBBE body is so high-poly, it has a huge file size, for example a "vanilla" outfit can weight maybe a couple hundred kb but no CBBE outfit that contains the reference body has a file size less than 1500 kb.

As long as the outfit is "full body", then it makes no difference to remove the reference body.

Of course, if you like you can just add the reference body to the outfit in OutfitStudio, just don't forget to copy the bone weights and conform the outfit to the sliders.

Also, here's the Stealth Mk II from OWB, it should work properly.

OWB Stealth Mk II.zip