On 4/29/2019 at 10:18 AM, Vel W said:

Ain't sure if you're still around, but just found this and~~you are very, very talented. Some of these ideas are quite innovative and it's double impressive that you can execute them.

Only the Stingwing animations seem a bit off during Stage 2~4. I think the Stingwing itself uses the same animations throughout? Stage 1 is finely paced but somehow the rhythm breaks (for lack of a better word) between the two actors in 2~4 as the frequencies they move are not in sync, so a little improvement could be made there.

Haven't seen them all but I surely will. The Radscorpion one was an eye opener for me.

Thanks for the hard work, Gray User.

Thanks!

That sounds like the stingwing isn't advancing correctly (there are definitely 4 separate animations that should be timed for each stage). It's a known issue - the way FO4 handles animation calling in-game has some 'features' that make it unreliable. In the long term, I hope to find solutions to those. For now, if people want to make things work on their own systems, it comes down to (1) writing your own AAF xmls to run the animations in the sequences that you want and (2) playing with the 'animation type' in the ck to find one that works (usually some version of 'dynamic_anim' or 'dyn_anim', but not always).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've read through the older messages and am a bit confused, is this supposed to be able to work with Violate?  Currently my character surrenders, and then it fades to black, and then returns, nothing happens, and my character says 'let's get out of here.'  Am I missing something?  I saw there was an integration patch earlier, but reading further showed it as unnecessary.  

May I get some clarification on if there is something I'm missing?

2 hours ago, harveytherabbit said:

I've read through the older messages and am a bit confused, is this supposed to be able to work with Violate?  Currently my character surrenders, and then it fades to black, and then returns, nothing happens, and my character says 'let's get out of here.'  Am I missing something?  I saw there was an integration patch earlier, but reading further showed it as unnecessary.  

May I get some clarification on if there is something I'm missing?

It should work with violate - you need to have all races (or something like that) enabled in the violate MCM menu, and you should probably check your AAF files. I've lost track of the number of different AAF xml patches and addons and such kicking around. I defer to EgoBallistic on this, but I think the animations need to show up with the 'aggressive' tag.

Also, try running them manually with AAF. If that doesn't work, something else is wrong.

2 hours ago, harveytherabbit said:

I've read through the older messages and am a bit confused, is this supposed to be able to work with Violate?  Currently my character surrenders, and then it fades to black, and then returns, nothing happens, and my character says 'let's get out of here.'  Am I missing something?

Yes, this works with Violate.  The symptom you describe happens when AAF can't find an animation that matches the requested combination of actors and tags.  Assuming you have the Creature Pack mod installed correctly, this is caused by one of two things:

- You don't have Themes installed, or you didn't select the options that enable the creatures in this pack when you installed Themes

- You are using the One Patch to Rule them All.  Unfortunately that patch causes the animations in this pack not to have tags.

7 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

- You are using the One Patch to Rule them All.  Unfortunately that patch causes the animations in this pack not to have tags.

Holy shit, I've been fussing over my load order and prereq mods for days now, thank you so much for this info.

Nothing I tried worked, felt a little like smashing my head against a wall at times. Now I untick One Patch, and voila, these animations work.

However, since so many things require One Patch, doesn't this mean that this animation pack is kinda incompatible with the rest of them?

1 hour ago, hikarisama010 said:

Holy shit, I've been fussing over my load order and prereq mods for days now, thank you so much for this info.

Nothing I tried worked, felt a little like smashing my head against a wall at times. Now I untick One Patch, and voila, these animations work.

However, since so many things require One Patch, doesn't this mean that this animation pack is kinda incompatible with the rest of them?

After turning it off things worked, but all penises are missing from everything unfortunately.  Not sure what to do about that with that patch missing.

1 hour ago, harveytherabbit said:

After turning it off things worked, but all penises are missing from everything unfortunately.  Not sure what to do about that with that patch missing.

Everything will work only if you have AAF Compatibility Patch .But it was removed from the site.

4 hours ago, harveytherabbit said:

Themes was just updated a few hours ago to fix this problem.  So you can reinstall the One Patch and the latest version of Themes and these animations will work again.

14 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That's new. I don't use the One Patch (all custom xmls...) is there something I can add to the xmls on the next release of this pack that makes that not an issue?

1 hour ago, Gray User said:

That's new. I don't use the One Patch (all custom xmls...) is there something I can add to the xmls on the next release of this pack that makes that not an issue?

Unfortunately, the way the One Patch works makes that ineffective.

The One Patch overwrites all of the animation packs' own XML with empty files, and installs its own replacements.  What happened in this case is the One Patch removed all of the individual positions ("Mirelurk Stage 01", etc) and added new sequential positions ("Mirelurk Staged").  But, the Themes file didn't have tags for those new positions.

I discussed this with the One Patch guys, and going forward they will add new staged positions as necessary but will not remove any existing positions.  In the meantime, Halstrom has updated Themes to add tags to these new staged positions.

• 5 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Bronz0h said:

Any chance that Radroach animations are coming sometime soon? Or maybe new Bloatfly animations?

Probly no. I'm finishing a big update that includes Mirelurk Hunters, Mirelurk Kings, Supermutants (2 anim sequences), Behemoths, Ghouls (2 anim sequences), Deathclaws, and Molerats. Once that's done, I want to start working on some of the DLC critters. 

The reason for no radroaches (and no more bloatfly anims) is that I don't have any good ideas for what will work, given the limits of those rigs (they don't have penises, and their legs and bodies are both very short and not well jointed). Also, TBH, I'm pretty mcuh making these as companions for violate, and how often do you get taken down by radroaches?

4 hours ago, Gray User said:

Probly no. I'm finishing a big update that includes Mirelurk Hunters, Mirelurk Kings, Supermutants (2 anim sequences), Behemoths, Ghouls (2 anim sequences), Deathclaws, and Molerats. Once that's done, I want to start working on some of the DLC critters. 

The reason for no radroaches (and no more bloatfly anims) is that I don't have any good ideas for what will work, given the limits of those rigs (they don't have penises, and their legs and bodies are both very short and not well jointed). Also, TBH, I'm pretty mcuh making these as companions for violate, and how often do you get taken down by radroaches?

behemoths? this is getting interesting, theres a bit of animations with radroaches in sites like rule 34 i guess in the future you can try to use it as an example, but hey take your time

5 hours ago, Gray User said:

That's a shame. I've seen many radroach and Bloatfly anims on rule34. I know that they aren't anims for the game, I just really want more in fallout 4. Looking forward to your update though. And concerning Violate, it has a surrender button that you can map to a hotkey. That's how I've been doing it the whole time.

40 minutes ago, Bronz0h said:

That's a shame. I've seen many radroach and Bloatfly anims on rule34. I know that they aren't anims for the game, I just really want more in fallout 4. Looking forward to your update though. And concerning Violate, it has a surrender button that you can map to a hotkey. That's how I've been doing it the whole time.

i play on hard without armor and with surrender on violate at 50% health so you can imagine my case ?

19 hours ago, Bronz0h said:

Tell you what: pm me some pics and I'll see if something like that can be made using the tools I've got.