so... where's this missing file?:

AAF Violate 0.48 Creature Pack 01 Patch.7z

Everyone is saying they are using it but it's missing when you click the link, as i already mentioned in my last reply... and the CSA definitely doesnt work with it as you just sit there staring at the creature after they do the damage needed to force a surrender lol... the only way i've gotten the animations to work is selecting them directly in AAF, which works with all the creatures... although the speeds are off on most of the creatures' animations :x (and i say the last part knowing full well its a new mod so ofc some bugs, such as animation switching speeds, are expected... at least i think this is a new mod...?)

Also, sidenote, Nexus Mods' Beast Master would be a pretty cool mod to have it work alongside, esp the planned parenthood creature mod thingie... ive only tried a rad scorpion, stingwing, and mirelurk so far (all 3 creatures "tamed" through the cages you set up ofc), and only the mirelurk worked when selecting the poses through the AAF menus, the other 2 were just seen as "human males" with the poses acting as though the creature were human. Just a thought ofc.

54 minutes ago, sion8833 said:

so... where's this missing file?:

AAF Violate 0.48 Creature Pack 01 Patch.7z

Everyone is saying they are using it but it's missing when you click the link, as i already mentioned in my last reply... and the CSA definitely doesnt work with it as you just sit there staring at the creature after they do the damage needed to force a surrender lol... the only way i've gotten the animations to work is selecting them directly in AAF, which works with all the creatures... although the speeds are off on most of the creatures' animations :x (and i say the last part knowing full well its a new mod so ofc some bugs, such as animation switching speeds, are expected... at least i think this is a new mod...?)

I took that link down because it is no longer needed and the patch is not compatible with later versions of AAF Violate.

You should install Animation Position Tags which will let them work with RSE CSA.

32 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

I took that link down because it is no longer needed and the patch is not compatible with later versions of AAF Violate.

You should install Animation Position Tags which will let them work with RSE CSA.

ok will try that then... with the creature release 2.0 it started working with the deathclaw but the yiao guai, stingwing, and bloodbug just stared... can also swear i got the file you're suggesting already but will look into it nonetheless. thx.

1 hour ago, Gray User said:

Thanks!

But...there's no reason it shouldn't work with violate right out of the box...all the anim names, aaf files, etc are the same.

Are the anims not loading with violate?

The updated animations load fine with Violate, I just tested version v02 with AAF Violate 0.51.

The animations are a huge improvement with the sound and facial animation.  And the good news is that Violate's facial animation mechanism, which uses ChangeAnimArchetype, does not interfere with it.  I thought maybe I would have to disable that in the Violate MCM but there is no need.

The only odd thing I am seeing is that most of the critters do not return to their normal idles after the animation.  When their animation ends, they continue to hump the air and play their sound effect, even though AAF has released the actors and sent the AnimationStop event.  They stay this way until they become hostile, at which point they return to normal.  The Bloatfly, Bloodbug, Mirelurk Queen, Radscorpion, and Stingwing all did this.  The Mirelurk and Yao Guai did not, they returned to their normal idle as soon as the animation ended. 

11 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Can verify this as well. 

@EgoBallistic is the scene length setting something that has to be set up for animation sequences to work? Or does AAF handle that? (i.e: 01 progresses to 02, and so on) 

There is an additional step to make a sequence work automatically.  Say you have 4 animations that you want to make into a sequence.  You define them in an animationData xml as per usual.  Then, you make an entry in an animationGroupData.xml that contains all of the stages (01, 02, etc) and combines them into one entry.  Like this:

<animationGroup id="GrayUser BP Hogtie Staged" sequential="true">
    <stage animation="GrayUserBPHogtie00"/>
    <stage animation="GrayUserBPHogtie01"/>
    <stage animation="GrayUserBPHogtie02"/>
    <stage animation="GrayUserBPHogtie03"/>
</animationGroup>

Then you make the Position file refer to the animationGroup instead of referring to the individual stage animations. 

<position id="GrayUser BP Staged Hogtie" animationGroup="GrayUser BP Hogtie Staged"/>

I think the issue with the creature animations is that some of them don't work properly when put into sequences due to issues with the critters' animation subgraph data.  That may also be causing the idle issue.

17 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Yeah, did all this....then ran headfirst into Halstrom. 

934892775_2018-12-1318_22_27-Fallout4.png.0ef9bf11f7a49af7b074222a0163d7f0.png

Those creature animations are all tagged aggressive:
<tag position="Mirelurk Queen Stage 01" tags="P_MireLurkQu,NoFurn,Doggy,FromBehind,aggressive,Held5,Love1,Stim7,Dom-9,NilSelf,OviposToEither,GrayUser"/>
<tag position="Mirelurk Queen Stage 02" tags="P_MireLurkQu,NoFurn,Doggy,FromBehind,aggressive,Held5,Love1,Stim7,Dom-9,NilSelf,OviposToEither,GrayUser"/>
<tag position="Mirelurk Queen Stage 03" tags="P_MireLurkQu,NoFurn,Doggy,FromBehind,aggressive,Held5,Love1,Stim7,Dom-9,NilSelf,OviposToEither,GrayUser"/>
<tag position="Mirelurk Queen Stage 04" tags="P_MireLurkQu,NoFurn,Doggy,FromBehind,aggressive,Held5,Love1,Stim7,Dom-9,NilSelf,OviposToEither,GrayUser"/>

I haven't checked the update but in the old pack there was no gender assignment on either the Receiver or the Creatures.
Ah now I get what you are doing there needs to be tags added to the id="GrayUser BP Hogtie Staged" when you create it.

And I just realised I've tagged all the creatures in that pack as "Doggy" without checking if they are.

4 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

And I just realised I've tagged all the creatures in that pack as "Doggy" without checking if they are.

Not your fault mate, I sorta went into it without really understanding how tags fed into the system. Fault is mine, actually. But trial and error is how you learn. ?

APologies I suck when it comes to modding and am struggling through AAF but having a lot of fun, any possible reason this could be being caused? I am also getting the Activity 2 problem. I have the pack installed and had this a few times, I find learning all this complicated and I am having a fair bit of trouble with it all lmao.

aaf error.png

8 hours ago, Cassidy Adams said:

APologies I suck when it comes to modding and am struggling through AAF but having a lot of fun, any possible reason this could be being caused? I am also getting the Activity 2 problem. I have the pack installed and had this a few times, I find learning all this complicated and I am having a fair bit of trouble with it all lmao.

There are no Deathclaw animations in this pack.  Mutated Lust and Vadermania both have them.

For the Activity 2 error, install the "Sample XML Files" from AAF.

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

There are no Deathclaw animations in this pack.  Mutated Lust and Vadermania both have them.

For the Activity 2 error, install the "Sample XML Files" from AAF.

Oh yeha, sorry about that lmao, that's me messing up and thanks for the help! I am new to this site but find that all the modders here bring out great content, especially a big fan of yours Ego. Thanks for offering  a speedy replay!

2 minutes ago, Cassidy Adams said:

I am new to this site but find that all the modders here bring out great content, especially a big fan of yours Ego.

I'm sure your comment will make his *puts on sunglasses* Ego go Ballistic.....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! 

He's a solid guy. 

On 12/13/2018 at 4:47 PM, EgoBallistic said:

following up here, i tried grabbing the position tags thing and i DID in fact already have it installed... however, what was very odd, is that i "reinstalled" it (on MO, Mod Organizer) after re-downloading it, then replaced the existing files... then everything seemed to work just fine, with pretty much no changes made at all. Either way though, thanks for this bit of info, oddly enough it worked like a charm xD

Also... ironically enough... this fixed the issue you all are posting about now @"AAF Error: [304]..." i got it every time i would "lose" a fight against creatures, to test the poses, then we'd just have a staring match until i loaded  as the "scene" (or lack there of lol) wouldn't end...

8 hours ago, sion8833 said:

following up here, i tried grabbing the position tags thing and i DID in fact already have it installed... however, what was very odd, is that i "reinstalled" it (on MO, Mod Organizer) after re-downloading it, then replaced the existing files... then everything seemed to work just fine, with pretty much no changes made at all. Either way though, thanks for this bit of info, oddly enough it worked like a charm xD

Also... ironically enough... this fixed the issue you all are posting about now @"AAF Error: [304]..." i got it every time i would "lose" a fight against creatures, to test the poses, then we'd just have a staring match until i loaded  as the "scene" (or lack there of lol) wouldn't end...

Position Tags are obsolete if you are using The Creature Theme it has the tags for these in it.

31 minutes ago, Warmongrel said:

so, i have a question, which mod do you use for the schlongs? I've been searching for quite a while now and can only find mods for humans, dogs, supermutants and ghouls, can someone please send a link?  Really appreciate it!

well for deathclaws and mirelurk kings theres :                     also are the ghoul dicks for feral ghouls? since i dont have any for ferals