58 minutes ago, AmbrosiaCheesecake said:

Hi, am very new here. How does the sexbound sandbox work? I can get there fine, I just can't figure out how to do anything sexual on the beds or with the NPCs there. Do I have to shoot them with Aphrodite's Bow from the mod of the same name or wait for their arousal to get high enough with the Naturally Horny mod?

Can you believe i've never went there?

All things considered, it should be either-or. Though there are also test-objects in there that should already include a NPC, at least looking at the commands and objects included with Sexbound.

Edited by red3dred
11 hours ago, red3dred said:

Can you believe i've never went there?

All things considered, it should be either-or. Though there are also test-objects in there that should already include a NPC, at least looking at the commands and objects included with Sexbound.

I'm using the Naturally Horny mod (which apparently shouldn't use with pregnancy activated). The sandbox is an underground room with four beds and four NPCs, and the NPCs so far just wander around and I can't do anything but sleep on the beds.

Hello,

I've been having a issue where my character stands infront of any interaction idly like this:

image.png.eca28c60da6ee0636af18d0ca41346e1.png

How would i go about getting rid of my character standing infront of the interaction, obscuring the view?

My log:

starbound.log

12 hours ago, SlenderEndr said:

Hello,

I've been having a issue where my character stands infront of any interaction idly like this:

image.png.eca28c60da6ee0636af18d0ca41346e1.png

How would i go about getting rid of my character standing infront of the interaction, obscuring the view?

Very unusual... you may have found a new incompatibility, seeing as there is none of the usual ones in your log. Might be related to the errors one of the (I assume vore?) mods is throwing. Didn't think it'd happen to run into an incompatibility from that spectrum of things, they generally avoided breaking everything thus far...

Anyway, i can only assume something is preventing your character from going invisible. It might be related to the way the other vore mods handle rendering, but i honestly wouldn't know that as i've not used such mods.

Which is odd, as i've seen several logs with SSVM mods and yet none of them this issue, however i think it's the first time i see mention of "Starbecue"...

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

Very unusual... you may have found a new incompatibility, seeing as there is none of the usual ones in your log. Might be related to the errors one of the (I assume vore?) mods is throwing. Didn't think it'd happen to run into an incompatibility from that spectrum of things, they generally avoided breaking everything thus far...

Anyway, i can only assume something is preventing your character from going invisible. It might be related to the way the other vore mods handle rendering, but i honestly wouldn't know that as i've not used such mods.

Which is odd, as i've seen several logs with SSVM mods and yet none of them this issue, however i think it's the first time i see mention of "Starbecue"...

Do you think it could be related to the errors the POV mod is throwing up?

Outside of that, Starbecue is new to me as well. I'll have to look into that one since I'm currently trying to get another obscure fetish mod to work and hoh boy EVERYTHING is broken in that one. As soon as I can get my game to... run again.... I'll see if there's something fucky wucky going on with Starbecue.

And I thought I knew of every obscure, weird, fetish mod for this game.

...although I did just notice something with Starbecue without even loading it. I knew I didn't recognize that error of "stats/monster_compat_list.config" and I've seen damn near every error this game can throw at me. Go figure it's due to one of Starbecue's dependencies that I've never heard of before that go all the way back to 2021, and it can poke FU. My spider sense tells me that's probably no bueno, although it doesn't appear like OP has FU loaded. Still, from 2021? And it's messing with some core scripts? Something probably is broken.

8 minutes ago, smurf123smurf said:

Do you think it could be related to the errors the POV mod is throwing up?

Outside of that, Starbecue is new to me as well. I'll have to look into that one since I'm currently trying to get another obscure fetish mod to work and hoh boy EVERYTHING is broken in that one. As soon as I can get my game to... run again.... I'll see if there's something fucky wucky going on with Starbecue.

And I thought I knew of every obscure, weird, fetish mod for this game.

...although I did just notice something with Starbecue without even loading it. I knew I didn't recognize that error of "stats/monster_compat_list.config" and I've seen damn near every error this game can throw at me. Go figure it's due to one of Starbecue's dependencies that I've never heard of before that go all the way back to 2021, and it can poke FU. My spider sense tells me that's probably no bueno, although it doesn't appear like OP has FU loaded. Still, from 2021? And it's messing with some core scripts? Something probably is broken.

Sadly, PoV needs to throw errors. Starbound provides no safe way to verify if a file exists within the game's context without throwing an error. It's harmless but annoying... really wish we could get rid of it. They are at least contained and don't stop the script if they show up in the log.

Other than that, you always find old obscure mods everywhere you go for Starbound. For one reason or another they go down, and mod creators skiddadle out of the planet's surface. You never hear from them ever again...

Though, the latter there has me more concerned. If it does indeed come from Starbecue, which i had my suspicions but didn't comment on, then yeah it likely changes even more than i expected. If it removes the "fades" from players (The transparency effects and such, usually used for buffs/debuffs) then it's likely changing the player's animator/animation controller.

35 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Other than that, you always find old obscure mods everywhere you go for Starbound. For one reason or another they go down, and mod creators skiddadle out of the planet's surface. You never hear from them ever again...

Oh man I felt that. The one I'm currently trying to get working is, get this, a mod from Starbound's Koala phase. Yeah. OLD. And go figure all of the file structure is beyond mad fucked so I have to modernize it. Sometimes the errors are helpful, sometimes they are not...

And it was HELL, absolute HELL trying to find a copy of this thing. I was convinced it didn't exist anymore. All traces of this thing are GONE, like a fucking curse was put on it. I was completely amazed when I found a "working" version of it, and that was after the dark powers that be told me where it might still exist.

No idea what happened with the creator, I was too exhausted to hunt them down further. They seemed like a very talented spriter that just vanished. Not surprising, but still.

39 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Though, the latter there has me more concerned. If it does indeed come from Starbecue, which i had my suspicions but didn't comment on, then yeah it likely changes even more than i expected. If it removes the "fades" from players (The transparency effects and such, usually used for buffs/debuffs) then it's likely changing the player's animator/animation controller.

That seems strange that it would be removing the transparency. AFAIK the easiest way in a vore mod to make the player seem "eaten" would be to turn them invisible. SVO does that I think. We'll know for certain after I can finally load my game again.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

It seems that starbecue and species animation overrides was doing the character duplication, because i removed them and now everything works fine. 

3 hours ago, Hawk32 said:

Having an issue with passive arousal gain on NPCs.

It appeared to work properly when just running sexbound.

I've tried adding just a few other mods and the passive arousal gain just seems to stop working.

Not sure if anyone has any insight as to what might be conflicting.

Passive arousal is a mechanic of the Naturally Horny mod and not in Default Sexbound.

48 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Passive arousal is a mechanic of the Naturally Horny mod and not in Default Sexbound.

Oh I was under the impression this had already been integrated into sexbound by default since the npcs would occasionally use tables or rather they were when I first started.

The config item is very confusing in that case.

Edited by Hawk32
On 10/16/2022 at 12:17 AM, smurf123smurf said:

Ok got some basic testing in, Starbecue itself isn't causing it, it's one of the dependancies AFAIK.

Alright I got some more thorough work in. And I gotta say... What the hell

This is exactly why I have tons of obscure fetish mods because every single time they manage to impress me. Starbecue added friggin' dialogue trees. To Starbound! That and some of the other stuff they have done is honestly impressive. It's genuinely scary the amount of effort people will put in for their kinks.

However, I have, as of right now, encountered no conflicts between Sexbound and Starbecue. I haven't fully rounded out every option however, but that's going to take a little bit of time.

12 hours ago, F0XYSTAR said:

I dont know what i did but when i first downloaded the PAK file it turned into a winrar file and when i tried to fix it i accidentally made it a audacity fine and now idk how to fix it

Uh...

55 minutes ago, smurf123smurf said:

Delete it, redownload, don't do whatever you did again.

... what they said. There's no way to put it that doesn't come down to "Don't commit human-error again".

PAK files aren't compacted folders, they are just a file that is used for mods. Drop it in your mods folder and you're done. DO NOT try to edit them, or "open" them.

2 hours ago, coctits said:

So I've been trying to add moans to male humans for a while now and have had no luck so far. The female moans are working just fine but the male ones are not playing at all. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Can't figure it out for the life of me.

Well, you seem to be doing it right, only a typo in male's moan "mid_4", but you maybe messing with the wrong file. Sexbound updated at some point and messed that up, moving it elsewhere.

Check the species folder, human.species.patch, and you'll find something pretty familiar...

Spoiler

image.png.b5b3061437f78ebbccf2739f4203791f.png

Try changing this list, only difference is that there, gender 0 is male and gender 1 is female.