18 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yes. Mods that replace the player's animations seem to often replace or just revoke/remove certain functions, such as fades, which allow the player to be invisible. This trick is used to hide them for Sexbound animations.

Only the Idle Animation AFAIK, I run the Dragon Engine and it's fine. If you want that animation, try StarExtensions, works like a charm.

Hello, 

Havig an issue where my Log files is loaded with [16:25:15.321] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:25: attempt to call a nil value (upvalue 'Sexbound_Old_Update')

I'm wondering if this is causing an issue where a lot of the NPC's do not move nor talk. Makes it so I cannot interact with some of them for missions. 

starbound.log.1

starbound.log starbound.log.1 starbound.log_2.d5d9e3f4e4f5a109fce474f77cec0f19 starbound.log.3 starbound.log.4 starbound.log.5

Yes NPC scripts, more specifically the update loop, being broken will most likely be the reason for NPCs being unresponsively broken (at least they do not die on the spot, that's someting xD).

For why that is? I can only say that what's to be expected when you load more mods then actual game. ^^' If I were to point fingers for who might break sexbound stuff, it will always be Frackin' Universe. They hate us (more than everyone in usual that is). Otherwise I have no idea how many of your mods modify NPC scripts and could break stuff.

17 hours ago, Kinnu said:

image.png.e9c6b3407477e9b9f04dadab16998ed9.png

Homie, these file-sizes are bigger than N64 games, is this going to be 1 million lines of errors...
image.png.6d624c60d7b01d996c6bc0d36446c6ee.png
Hmm... Not quite 1 million.

Okay so, the reason why this usually happens, is because a mod is doing some poor patching. EG:

first: Starbound loads the base game.
second: Sexbound patches Starbound.
third: Another mod replaces the above files thinking its replacing ONLY the Starbound files.
fourth: Sexbound tries to call the patched files and theyre gone.

And it somewhat boils down to what Erina wrote. We can check the logs if there are at most 100 mods just fine, with local mods being the easiest to troubleshoot, but when you have not one, or two large mods, but around 6 major mods/modpacks installed, it's anyone's guess what the culprit is without linting the entire pack several times. FYI there are 549 mods installed. Not including duplicates.

So uh... Try trimming some mods? That's all i can really say without spending a entire day looking into this.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Homie, these file-sizes are bigger than N64 games, is this going to be 1 million lines of errors...
image.png.6d624c60d7b01d996c6bc0d36446c6ee.png
Hmm... Not quite 1 million.

Okay so, the reason why this usually happens, is because a mod is doing some poor patching. EG:

first: Starbound loads the base game.
second: Sexbound patches Starbound.
third: Another mod replaces the above files thinking its replacing ONLY the Starbound files.
fourth: Sexbound tries to call the patched files and theyre gone.

And it somewhat boils down to what Erina wrote. We can check the logs if there are at most 100 mods just fine, with local mods being the easiest to troubleshoot, but when you have not one, or two large mods, but around 6 major mods/modpacks installed, it's anyone's guess what the culprit is without linting the entire pack several times. FYI there are 549 mods installed. Not including duplicates.

So uh... Try trimming some mods? That's all i can really say without spending a entire day looking into this.

My steam list says 200 o.O. Thank you though ^^ Didnt know if it was a simplr thing due to that line being 90% of the logs haha. 

No worries and ty

1 hour ago, Kinnu said:

My steam list says 200 o.O. Thank you though ^^ Didnt know if it was a simplr thing due to that line being 90% of the logs haha. 

No worries and ty

Ah my bad, i looked into the log, measured the wrong section (Finding mods + loading mods) so it was twice the number, a bit over. Indeed, it's more like 252 mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggested change to code - Climax Plugin

New config var: "isCumLoverMode": default false

Lua change, climax.lua Line 312:

-- Prevent creation of particles effects
    if self:getParent():status():hasOneOf(self:getConfig().preventStatuses) and not self:getConfig().isCumLoverMode then
        return
    end

I apologize if the code isn't correct, I'm not familiar with lua.  Basically, if Cum Lover Mode is enabled, preventStatuses won't stop cum particles from being emitted.  Might mess with how the pregnancy plugin works tho.

Commenting the code above seemed to work in having the desired effect for me, tho, but it'd be better if it was a config thing.

Edited by ShylokVakarian

Your code so far is correct. So you can keep for yourself if you want.

But no, I will not implement something like this. xD

For two simple reasons:
One - why add a config value... ...to override another config value? Just remove the statuses if you don't like them, as questionable as this is.

Two - these "prevent statuses" exist for a reason. E.g., only usecase that still exists: Condoms. Wear them and there is nothing. Changing/overriding that would be full force going into the wrong direction.

So yeah, you have your own solution if it works for you. But no, I don't see any reason for such a change officially.

16 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Your code so far is correct. So you can keep for yourself if you want.

But no, I will not implement something like this. xD

For two simple reasons:
One - why add a config value... ...to override another config value? Just remove the statuses if you don't like them, as questionable as this is.

Two - these "prevent statuses" exist for a reason. E.g., only usecase that still exists: Condoms. Wear them and there is nothing. Changing/overriding that would be full force going into the wrong direction.

So yeah, you have your own solution if it works for you. But no, I don't see any reason for such a change officially.

Fair, I thought they were being used for more than just the particles.

They are in the current version. Both default config statuses prevent the actual climaxing to ever happen, including particles, projectiles and the impregnation request. Though in the current version there is also not much difference between that - when you see particles it's too late anyway, and the "infertile" status that might be an edge case never naturally occurs.

17 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

They are in the current version. Both default config statuses prevent the actual climaxing to ever happen, including particles, projectiles and the impregnation request. Though in the current version there is also not much difference between that - when you see particles it's too late anyway, and the "infertile" status that might be an edge case never naturally occurs.

That's weird.  Is the contraception back patch using "equipped condom" and not "infertile"?  Because my main problem was the contraception back patch not allowing the climax particles.

It might be a good idea to separate impregnation requests from particles/fluids and have two versions of the preventStatuses var, especially if "infertile" eventually gets used.

Edited by ShylokVakarian

Oh. That thing actually does introduce a use for infertile. Never used it before. My bad.

Ok, in that case - your last suggestion is already implemented for a future indev build of my own Sexbound fork. Separating purely functional statuses like "infertile" from fully visuals blocking statuses like "equipped_condom".

Edited by Erina Sugino
13 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Oh. That thing actually does introduce a use for infertile. Never used it before. My bad.

Ok, in that case - your last suggestion is already implemented for a future indev build of my own Sexbound fork. Separating purely functional statuses like "infertile" from fully visuals blocking statuses like "equipped_condom".

Dope

Hey there! Sorry for the big bother but I think that since the Neki Race got added into my game (along with PoV Redux)

No NPCs are saying stuff, like they're just being fucked and that's it. Kinda missin' the old texts I had from them all when they were gettin' their bodies fucked out...

Anyone knows what's the common issue for this ?

Could try to share logs if you will but Idk how to do that.

5 hours ago, Sarkness said:

Hey there! Sorry for the big bother but I think that since the Neki Race got added into my game (along with PoV Redux)

No NPCs are saying stuff, like they're just being fucked and that's it. Kinda missin' the old texts I had from them all when they were gettin' their bodies fucked out...

Anyone knows what's the common issue for this ?

Could try to share logs if you will but Idk how to do that.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

That's how to get a log, but onto your issue, have you perhaps installed CritterBang! recently as well?

On 12/26/2022 at 4:43 AM, red3dred said:

That's how to get a log, but onto your issue, have you perhaps installed CritterBang! recently as well?

Effectively! It was the CritterBang! Mod that caused the issue!
Luckily for me, the mod maker provided me with steps-by-steps tutorial on how to fix it and got the sextalk plugin running again.

So, safe to say that my issue has already been resolved, but I seen what you've done to others and I thank you for helping us all!

Thank you very much for your inquiry!

6 hours ago, SiFa said:

Hey there.
If you are pregnant, an icon will appear, but is there a function to determine whose child it is and what day it is?
English is not my native language. sorry.
thank you.

Determining whose child it is is not possible without manual debugging. The information is there, but no native way to access it. The only time you are informed of who the father is the moment you get pregnant, as the notification will include that information. When you will give birth however you can check at any time using the pregnancy test.

2 hours ago, ixx116 said:

But the problem is that I didn't download "Naturally Horny"

In that case I don't know what the problem is. NPCs - or for that matter anything in Starbound - does not automatically engage in sexual activities. The only way to trigger sex is by installing Naturally Horny to make them, well, become naturally horny, having player on player interaction on a server or using tools like Aphrodite's Bow, Statue of Dibella and other means from other mods to force NPCs into sexnodes.

Don't know what else you'd like to disable without deinstalling Sexbound.