8 hours ago, Chungmasteredict said:

The povs are working now, but for most if not all of them the "player" sprite in the pov window is invisible. the only POV animations where the player sprite isn't invisible are the Standing and Doggystyle poses. Here is another log.

8 hours ago, Chungmasteredict said:

(By the way, i have only tried using Avian and a custom race since i fixed the pov folder. both have had the same results.

That's no bug, there simply isn't art for such positions in the PoV version you have. Or well, even mine doesn't have all poses yet. Working on that. For now, humans and florans have the most animations, with a total of 4 in the current release (missionary/cowgirl).

Is it possible to disable the player's moans? I'm playing as a human and would prefer it without. Tried checking the code but unless I'm blind the only way to disable it is to disable it altogether.

(I forgot to reply to my past message here, thanks for offering help but it's not needed since I just started a new save anyways)

6 hours ago, Merc_ said:

Is it possible to disable the player's moans? I'm playing as a human and would prefer it without. Tried checking the code but unless I'm blind the only way to disable it is to disable it altogether.

(I forgot to reply to my past message here, thanks for offering help but it's not needed since I just started a new save anyways)

Just make sure everyone but the player can load them;

Spoiler

image.png.53d3302cb3586e16fe0d437aee010f5f.png

4 hours ago, AmbrosiaCheesecake said:

How do I tell if mods meant to work with this one to affect NPC arousal are working properly? Because all my attempts to do stuff with the NPCs in the sandbox dungeon haven't worked.

Hover over an NPC, and write in-game:

/entityeval status.resource("arousal")

It'll return a value between 0 and 100. At 50, NPCs are supposed to go walk and join Sexbound objects.

Not sure about the sandbox, since i haven't messed with it, dunno what NPC types are in there, but if they are normal (Villagers, guards, etc) then they should be affected by "Naturally Horny" just fine.

3 hours ago, Ganabanana said:

So I'm having an issue where I have my sprite just standing there in one sprite, layered above the actual sex animation. Any  idea what that could be?

Two things are known to cause this issue:

1) Futara's Idle Animation mod. It's whole animation system replaces the Vanilla system, thus making the player "Immune to invisibility", and causing that.
2) Starbecue's requirements. One of it's required mods causes a similar issue, replacing the player's animation file.

If you have neither of those, do toss us a log file so we can help with a good look at the mods list (It's included in the log) and any possible errors that crop up.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

3 hours ago, M644 said:

I honestly do not know how to have sex with NPCs, or if the naturally horny mod is slowing the process down or something

And I have no idea why this is blank

It is blank because that's how it is. It's another hastily thrown together feature with little meaning. Sexbux don't realyl serve any proper purpose and the "customizer" is nothing more than a menu showing you generic stats about your sex adventure, as well as a list Loc-approved mods to go with it (and the credits) in the other tabs.

Regarding naturally horny, by normal setting it should by all means not be "slow". If you want to confirm it working, enable admin mode, hover your mouse over an NPC and type "/entityeval status.resource("arousal")". If it is not 0 it works. Also, your very screenshot shows the two NPCs on the left lying in the sexnode beds, and I don't see you having any kind of debug weapon (like the Aphrodite's Bow), so I just assume they went there on their own accord and it works fine.

im having some troubles and idk whats causing the problem. i can initiate sex with npcs normaly but after 10-20 secs the animation stops they turn invisible my guy just lays there and when i try to use the table for example again it blinks basically with a 50/50 chance to use it again (making my guy lay there and wait) or to speak with the npc and make "pull" them out of their secret node. but when they try to initiate again a few secs later they now become invisible immediately and i cant interact with them. i can only speak with them and "pull" them out of their invisible node kinda of if that makes sence. help

if anything the problem shpuld be right at the end of the log just before i quit

starbound.log

Edited by Elias Blutschweif
1 hour ago, Barrennight said:

Is there a way to turn back on the option where pregnancy makes npcs immortal. I can't remember where I saw it, but I swear I saw an option to turn in back on. Maybe it was an older version.

Option in the Defeat mod. Beware that the Defeat config is broken by the Yoru race support.

55 minutes ago, Elias Blutschweif said:

im having some troubles and idk whats causing the problem. i can initiate sex with npcs normaly but after 10-20 secs the animation stops they turn invisible my guy just lays there and when i try to use the table for example again it blinks basically with a 50/50 chance to use it again (making my guy lay there and wait) or to speak with the npc and make "pull" them out of their secret node. but when they try to initiate again a few secs later they now become invisible immediately and i cant interact with them. i can only speak with them and "pull" them out of their invisible node kinda of if that makes sence. help

if anything the problem shpuld be right at the end of the log just before i quit

There are 0 errors of importance in your log and no mention of that kind of thing... what the heck...?
Are you trying to do the do with a crew-member by chance?

There's like, 0 information on this one, and i'm really confused as to what's going on. You've told us what's happening, and i'll try to sum what i understood so we can agree on:

• You interact with a NPC (Uncertain if by naturally-horny and bed, or bow/approximate) to start a Sexbound interaction.
  • It works for a duration of time, then the NPC just turns invisible and walks away... (Behaviour that implies you were using the bow, on a crewmember?)
  • The NPC tries to rejoin the node and now they're straight up not working and cannot join into the node, can only be interacted with...

And yeah i can tell something ain't right... But you're not using any workshop mods, nor do you have any errors... At least i can surmize that the NPC in question is a crew-member in your ship. Crew is super weird when it comes to Sexbound interactions, and i don't really know what to say since i have somewhat similar issues on my own end, where they don't allow you to enter the Sexbound node by still being interactable while in the node.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Option in the Defeat mod. Beware that the Defeat config is broken by the Yoru race support.

There are 0 errors of importance in your log and no mention of that kind of thing... what the heck...?
Are you trying to do the do with a crew-member by chance?

There's like, 0 information on this one, and i'm really confused as to what's going on. You've told us what's happening, and i'll try to sum what i understood so we can agree on:

• You interact with a NPC (Uncertain if by naturally-horny and bed, or bow/approximate) to start a Sexbound interaction.
  • It works for a duration of time, then the NPC just turns invisible and walks away... (Behaviour that implies you were using the bow, on a crewmember?)
  • The NPC tries to rejoin the node and now they're straight up not working and cannot join into the node, can only be interacted with...

And yeah i can tell something ain't right... But you're not using any workshop mods, nor do you have any errors... At least i can surmize that the NPC in question is a crew-member in your ship. Crew is super weird when it comes to Sexbound interactions, and i don't really know what to say since i have somewhat similar issues on my own end, where they don't allow you to enter the Sexbound node by still being interactable while in the node.

Thx for the quick reply. I am interacting with a fenerox, i have no mod to make them a player race so yeah a non playable race if that makes a difference (this also happened with a playable race before tho and even without me so 2 npcs doin it and then just vanishing), they are not a crew member but just a random npc on a planet, also the interaction starts due to arousal (so either them waiting on the node for me or me waiting for them). they dont walk away its almost like they suddenly created a copy of the sex node on the same place that i cant see and cant interact with. what i can do is talk with them to pull them out of that "invisible node" but now when they want to start a interaction due to arousal they dont go onto the normal table, with wich i started it before, but straight to their "newly created invisible copy node"

Edited by Elias Blutschweif
1 minute ago, Elias Blutschweif said:

Thx for the quick reply. I am interacting with a fenerox, i have no mod to make them a player race so yeah a non playable race if that makes a difference (this also happened with a playable race before tho and even without me so 2 npcs doin it and then just vanishing), they are not a crew member but just a random npc on a planet, also the interaction starts due to arousal (so either them waiting on the node for me or me waiting for them). they dont just walk away its almost like they suddenly created a copy of the sex node on the same place that i cant see and cant interact with. what i can do is talk with them to pull them out of that "invisible node" but now when they want to start a interaction due to arousal they dont go onto the normal table, with wich i started it before, but straight to their "newly created invisible node"

The race of the partakers shouldn't really matter unless you're messing with something really complex, like a Futara Dragon, but since Fenerox are Vanilla...

What really confuses me is that... NPC's can't become nodes of their own, not unless another mod is specifically teaching 'em that trick. They can go into nodes that aren't visible. NPC's, unlike players, don't interact with the bed/table itself, they interact directly with the nodes below them. If an object you placed previous glitched out, it can leave invisible nodes behind. You can strike with melee weapons to find out if they are still around, but they shouldn't be.

All in all, the more i hear, the less it makes sense. NPCs shouldn't be interactable when inside a node, but i guess that might need a fixing. Hmm... it's sounding like some mod you have might be breaking things, since i have had similar issues recently, but what could it be? This sounds like a new incompatibility/issue, but i haven't heard any whispers of it from other users... Sorry that i cannot provide assistance here, there is something up with your game at the moment that i cannot figure out just yet.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

The race of the partakers shouldn't really matter unless you're messing with something really complex, like a Futara Dragon, but since Fenerox are Vanilla...

What really confuses me is that... NPC's can't become nodes of their own, not unless another mod is specifically teaching 'em that trick. They can go into nodes that aren't visible. NPC's, unlike players, don't interact with the bed/table itself, they interact directly with the nodes below them. If an object you placed previous glitched out, it can leave invisible nodes behind. You can strike with melee weapons to find out if they are still around, but they shouldn't be.

All in all, the more i hear, the less it makes sense. NPCs shouldn't be interactable when inside a node, but i guess that might need a fixing. Hmm... it's sounding like some mod you have might be breaking things, since i have had similar issues recently, but what could it be? This sounds like a new incompatibility/issue, but i haven't heard any whispers of it from other users... Sorry that i cannot provide assistance here, there is something up with your game at the moment that i cannot figure out just yet.

maybe i also didnt explain it that well or some of my technical knowledge on what a node is and isnt was wrong. anyways i wanted to record it now since im shit at explaining and now i couldnt get it to NOT work... so fixed i guess? i didnt change anything it just worked now

ill come back crying when it messes up again ?

There is no settings panel in the game. At least certainly not for mod settings. You will have to modify the config file yourself.

And yes, there is a way to do so - just go to the main "sexbound.config" file, scroll down to the section about plugins, pregnancy plugin, and change ' "enabled": true' to' "enabled": false'

31 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

There is no settings panel in the game. At least certainly not for mod settings. You will have to modify the config file yourself.

And yes, there is a way to do so - just go to the main "sexbound.config" file, scroll down to the section about plugins, pregnancy plugin, and change ' "enabled": true' to' "enabled": false'

Ah okay, thanks.

4 hours ago, TeknoStyle555 said:

Do I have to extract it in order to edit it or can I just edit the .pak with Notepad++?
(Before anyone facepalms at this, please understand that I haven't tried this before.)

It pains me to read you assume that such a method would possibly work... But other than that.

The mod is provided in a src format as well, which is pre-unpacked. That's kind of required for altering configs.

As for altering PAKs in notepad, it's a known trope and almost a joke at this point. There is no world where this would work, but people still try it. I can't edit a PNG in notepad, nor can i edit a ZIP in Paint, same way i cannot use a fridge to cook. But it always gets a giggle out of me to see people do it, and then the game screams that the mod is corrupted.

Edited by red3dred
1 hour ago, red3dred said:

It pains me to read you assume that such a method would possibly work... But other than that.

The mod is provided in a src format as well, which is pre-unpacked. That's kind of required for altering configs.

As for altering PAKs in notepad, it's a known trope and almost a joke at this point. There is no world where this would work, but people still try it. I can't edit a PNG in notepad, nor can i edit a ZIP in Paint, same way i cannot use a fridge to cook. But it always gets a giggle out of me to see people do it, and then the game screams that the mod is corrupted.

To add off this, if you wish to extract the .pak file, the utility for doing so is in the Starbound folder itself, although it's less than intuitive.

49 minutes ago, smurf123smurf said:

To add off this, if you wish to extract the .pak file, the utility for doing so is in the Starbound folder itself, although it's less than intuitive.

Which is why if people REALLY want to take apart other people's mods, i recommend a better solution with a more intuitive interface, such as PakIt.

17 minutes ago, TeknoStyle555 said:

Perhaps in a future update, pregnancies can be disabled in-game, instead of having to rummage around in the files and whatnot. As much as it "pains" you, stop assuming that I know everything. I wanted to make a mod myself but it didn't work out cuz I don't do coding.

"Disabling options in-game" is not possible due to the way Starbound is made. The game cannot write down and alter files freely. That's why it's considered "Sandboxed", not because the game itself is a "Sandbox". Look it up! Knowledge is good. Anyhow, without the ability to rewrite or even write down or own config file (For the entire server, not just your character) we have to use configs that are manually set and changed. If it was just a matter of loading it off your character, we can save that config directly into your character data, but that wouldn't affect the entire universe. See how it's a problem?

I don't assume people have the knowledge to attempt things, but Erina already gave you insight on what files to look for. If you asked for a few modding tutorials related to Sexbound i also got those. I can't know what you want from this community same way you don't know everything. Thus we ask! Communication, lad, one of the few gifts that keeps on giving. Like so:

8 minutes ago, TeknoStyle555 said:

A full explanation on how to edit the file would be helpful...not to mention where I can find it, thanks.

You will look into the unpacked version of the API, within the first folder (If installed correctly), you'll find the _metadata file and the configs. The main config is called "sexbound.config". Within that file, you'll find the following;

image.png.9fdeae6f69cadcd47b3ab8d535bd5d8d.png

As you can see, "enable": true, can be changed to "enable": false, and you'll "turn off" that module.

There are more options within all the other configs, feel free to peruse and poke around in there, just remember to be careful with special symbols like " , [ ] { } ' and such. Game is extremely picky on what data goes into it's files.

As for programs or anything like that, plain notepad works fine on .config files, but Notepad++ is recommended, as it can recognize languages such as Starbound's "JSON" data structure used in such files. Once that file is open in Notepad++, just click "language" at the top bar, go to "J" and then "JSON". It should highlight keywords like in my image above.