Sorry for my poor English.
Soooo, I think I found a very dirty solution to the problem of some FU crews being incompatible with Sexbound.

A very few FU crews, such as "crewmemberwarrior3 (General)" whose "baseType" is "crewmember" in npcs/crew/crewmember(Insert_Crew_Type_Here).npctype, are available in Sexbound.
However, most FU crews whose baseType is "fu_crewmember" have SB disabled.

At first I tried to solve the problem by comparing "fu_crewmember.npctype" with vanilla files, etc. and blindly applying patches, but it was impossible for me.

So, out of desperation, I applied a patch to replace "fu_crewmember" in "crewmember(Insert_Crew_Type_Here).npctype" of FU with "crewmember", and now I can use that FU crew in SB.

I'm sure there are very good reasons to use fu_crewmember for FU crews, so this method is not something I would recommend to others.

But just to let you know. After spending a week or so reading the files, I'm ready to play the game again. Hopefully someday someone will find the right way to do this.

4 hours ago, ginco said:

Sorry for my poor English.
Soooo, I think I found a very dirty solution to the problem of some FU crews being incompatible with Sexbound.

A very few FU crews, such as "crewmemberwarrior3 (General)" whose "baseType" is "crewmember" in npcs/crew/crewmember(Insert_Crew_Type_Here).npctype, are available in Sexbound.
However, most FU crews whose baseType is "fu_crewmember" have SB disabled.

At first I tried to solve the problem by comparing "fu_crewmember.npctype" with vanilla files, etc. and blindly applying patches, but it was impossible for me.

So, out of desperation, I applied a patch to replace "fu_crewmember" in "crewmember(Insert_Crew_Type_Here).npctype" of FU with "crewmember", and now I can use that FU crew in SB.

I'm sure there are very good reasons to use fu_crewmember for FU crews, so this method is not something I would recommend to others.

But just to let you know. After spending a week or so reading the files, I'm ready to play the game again. Hopefully someday someone will find the right way to do this.

Yeah, no, the solution is known. We just don't. We know better than to poke the wasp's nest with our genitals.

So I have been meddling with this and a few addon mods, adding features myself and "fixing" stuff that I found "broken" by design, casual modification stuff - and after spending far too much effort to back down now, I ran into some really strange problem I simply cannot wrap my head around.

Basically, the pregnancy systems breaks at random. With the help of a couple dozen debug outputs to the console I was able determine that the problem lies in the following chain of events: The sexbound actor is generating the baby data and puts it into a number indexed table, as intended. It then gets sent to the actual player entity for syncing. The entity then however receives one with a literal "1" index instead, resulting in the mechanic of the pregancy test item falsely detecting it as "not pregnant". Over the course of the next few synchronisation cycles it may also happen that this literal indexed table is sent back to the actor, synchronized by adding the number 1 index again, now having two sets of baby data. Finally, when quitting and reloading the world, the game rightfully loads the permanently stored entity data as a number indexed table (in the case where there only was a single "1" entry in it) and this one doesn't magically turn into a literal indexed one on synchronization with the actor.

Has anyone ever encountered something like this, or better even a possible solution?

1 hour ago, JustGimmeFreeR18 said:

So I have been meddling with this and a few addon mods, adding features myself and "fixing" stuff that I found "broken" by design, casual modification stuff - and after spending far too much effort to back down now, I ran into some really strange problem I simply cannot wrap my head around.

Basically, the pregnancy systems breaks at random. With the help of a couple dozen debug outputs to the console I was able determine that the problem lies in the following chain of events: The sexbound actor is generating the baby data and puts it into a number indexed table, as intended. It then gets sent to the actual player entity for syncing. The entity then however receives one with a literal "1" index instead, resulting in the mechanic of the pregancy test item falsely detecting it as "not pregnant". Over the course of the next few synchronisation cycles it may also happen that this literal indexed table is sent back to the actor, synchronized by adding the number 1 index again, now having two sets of baby data. Finally, when quitting and reloading the world, the game rightfully loads the permanently stored entity data as a number indexed table (in the case where there only was a single "1" entry in it) and this one doesn't magically turn into a literal indexed one on synchronization with the actor.

Has anyone ever encountered something like this, or better even a possible solution?

Sounds similar to previous Pregnancy bugs, where the table would randomly assign itself a value other than 1 and would need to be "reset". I wrote a pinch of scripts for this, and my solution was, when "re-syncing" the table, to grab the "next" value, check if it's 1, and if not, throw it back AS one.

And honestly, i can't blame the API for this exactly. It's Starbound after all, the game likely has memory leaks and poor trash clearing, which may leads to random junk data popping into places upon execution. You can, possibly, try to force the fields into properly being 0 upon loading, and then doing math to reach proper values. If at no point they're set with just "=1", maybe the script will behave better, but i'm not a good coder, if that wasn't obvious, so good luck on your quest to optimize the API!

Also, would you mind ever sharing those edits with the rest of the Forums? We are currently strapped down for modding hiatus from Loc so we can create content and modifications for the API without breaking the mods with every update, so minor updates and fixes to the API would be welcome, mainly if they avoid being destructive!

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Sounds similar to previous Pregnancy bugs, where the table would randomly assign itself a value other than 1 and would need to be "reset". I wrote a pinch of scripts for this, and my solution was, when "re-syncing" the table, to grab the "next" value, check if it's 1, and if not, throw it back AS one.

And honestly, i can't blame the API for this exactly. It's Starbound after all, the game likely has memory leaks and poor trash clearing, which may leads to random junk data popping into places upon execution. You can, possibly, try to force the fields into properly being 0 upon loading, and then doing math to reach proper values. If at no point they're set with just "=1", maybe the script will behave better, but i'm not a good coder, if that wasn't obvious, so good luck on your quest to optimize the API!

I see, so it really is some weird problem with the game's base API. Great. Well, guess I'll look for ways to enforce a proper state of data on it then.

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Also, would you mind ever sharing those edits with the rest of the Forums? We are currently strapped down for modding hiatus from Loc so we can create content and modifications for the API without breaking the mods with every update, so minor updates and fixes to the API would be welcome, mainly if they avoid being destructive!

I actually thought about this before, but the thing is - I have 0 prior experience with Starbound modding, so I did what no developer should ever do and just hardcoded my changes into base sexbound (and iirc Lustbound too), learning how stuff works just by mimicing what was already done. And since I can't just go and publish an "alternate version" of someone else's mod, I decided against it. Though maybe, more likely with a little help, I could extract my changes and make them standalone patches one day.

18 hours ago, red3dred said:

Actually Starbound's 64 bit version I believe still has a confirmed memory leak that just has never been fixed by anyone.

1 hour ago, darkeyeizkool said:

hey uh, i need a bit of help.. it wont let me interact with the bed to have sex with the crewmeber...help!

You know the rules, and i can't do this RickRoll bit again. So yeah, do tell us more, by providing the essential information: The log.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

As it says above: It tells us what we need to know, to help you.

On 8/25/2022 at 4:19 AM, spamer2000 said:

Can someone tell me what stops my character from cumming  and how to fix it? 

Thnx for reading and possibly helping.

Well... the issue you're having is not well explained, but an error reveal it no?

I've taken a look, and you have a really long mod list. This complicates things, but let's see...

1. There are lots of loose files that should be inside a mod or folder (sexbound.patch, npcs folder, artwork folder, etc. ), this is not a good sign, and indicates some mods are installed incorrectly.
  2. Lustbound is not being loaded correctly, as it does not mention it's name during load times. Make sure that the mod's folder is "mods / Lustbound" and in that Lustbound folder, there are the mod files right away (Artwork, objects, _metadata file, etc.)
  3. Sexbound Patch Villager is an outdated mod, no longer necessary, and the Avali mod, and likely more, should be updated to avoid errors/add features.
  4. You have 2 Playable Fenerox mods installed at once.
  5. There is no specific error listing why Sexbound isn't working, only a mention that the NPC override is broken, and cannot check for "hornyness values" (arousal/loungeTimer). Given Naturally Horny is not mentioned in the load order, i fear you may have messed with those files?

That's all i could gather, there is a lot of stuff installed here, redundant and otherwise, repeated or outdated. I recommend you clean up your mods folder, and mayhaps tone down the mod count a tiny bit, that would help understand and prevent issues in the future. Pardon i wasn't about to find a obvious outliar, and good luck.

Could anyone help me? Im trying to add a second race into a config patch file so that it can be used by sexbound. The race I want to add is included in another race mod. I've downloaded sex patch for the main race, but it doesnt include the second race that was recently added. Do I copy/paste the string used to add the main race, then rename the race. Or do I have to add a path to the second race's species file? 

4 hours ago, Defalt2111 said:

recently i started having a bug where artemis bow and whips from other mods just don't do anything. They both hit the npc and nothing happens,nothing gets written in the logs.

"NPC drops gear" is known to cause this issue (They overwrite code from other mods) so that's the problem here.

3 hours ago, Ninguna said:

Could anyone help me? Im trying to add a second race into a config patch file so that it can be used by sexbound. The race I want to add is included in another race mod. I've downloaded sex patch for the main race, but it doesnt include the second race that was recently added. Do I copy/paste the string used to add the main race, then rename the race. Or do I have to add a path to the second race's species file? 

If the race is visually the same as the other one, then you can just add it to the sexbound.config.patch.
So, the support should already include this file, and look something like this.
image.png.da929f774a12a88546ab62be91496507.png

Then, you just add another entry.
image.png.ea33f4065f3e4f1db0976cc50d918288.png

Replace "novali" with the other race in question.

As for the ARTWORK which is the main thing with a support, you'll have to go to the artwork folder, and inside both actor1 and 2, copy the original race support and duplicate it, renaming the second folder to the name of the second race you'll want using those animations. If you were thinking there was no artwork involved, then you're in for a surprise.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

"NPC drops gear" is known to cause this issue (They overwrite code from other mods) so that's the problem here.

If the race is visually the same as the other one, then you can just add it to the sexbound.config.patch.

As for the ARTWORK which is the main thing with a support, you'll have to go to the artwork folder, and inside both actor1 and 2, copy the original race support and duplicate it, renaming the second folder to the name of the second race you'll want using those animations. If you were thinking there was no artwork involved, then you're in for a surprise.

Yes that did the trick. Thanks a bunch. Now I can continue working on the artwork

17 hours ago, red3dred said:

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Frostberg said:

From the UI it SEEMS like a threesome is possible but I have no clue how to trigger it. Any help?

Just get another player or NPC to join in. At least half of the poses do have support for three actors, like standing, doggy, missionary and one of the cowgirl positions.

Of course you need a sexnode supporting three actors in the first place.

20 minutes ago, DreaM MakeR said:

where i see the list of races this mod suport? i nee download the others SxB mods on Loves lab? 

The list of supported races by default is all the vanilla races.

For everything else you need a compatibility patch mod for the specific race. You can find some here and iirc there is a thread to ask for new one to be made.

You don't *need* other mods here too, Sexbound works fine all on it's own - the content will be very limited though. If you want more (and most importantly NPCs to participate in sex) you need addons that can be found around here too.

Edited by JustGimmeFreeR18
Fixed wrong words

I am honestly at my wit's end. I spent 5 hours last night uninstalling my workshop mods in batches of rough fives to see if I could make the "stats" in Sexbound work. They don't track orgasms, impregnations, etc. no matter what I do. This morning, I uninstalled every single workshop and local mod and reset my storage folder. It still doesn't work. What's more, I think pregnancy might be broken because I idled for days as a novakid and eventually gave up on delivery. I'm waiting on a friend to send me their version of the mod, but just... I'm so tired. Anyways, here's the logs from my latest excursion. Please, please help me.

starbound.log.1 starbound.log.2 starbound.log.3

On 9/3/2022 at 2:08 PM, iwannastayanonymous said:

I am honestly at my wit's end. I spent 5 hours last night uninstalling my workshop mods in batches of rough fives to see if I could make the "stats" in Sexbound work. They don't track orgasms, impregnations, etc. no matter what I do. This morning, I uninstalled every single workshop and local mod and reset my storage folder. It still doesn't work. What's more, I think pregnancy might be broken because I idled for days as a novakid and eventually gave up on delivery. I'm waiting on a friend to send me their version of the mod, but just... I'm so tired. Anyways, here's the logs from my latest excursion. Please, please help me.

starbound.log.1 14.39 kB · 1 download starbound.log.2 11.39 kB · 1 download starbound.log.3 11.67 kB · 1 download

So, looking at the log files there is no big red error immediately screaming "Hi, I broke statistics", so all I can do right now is speculate.

First off, there is something wrong with your Aphrodites Bow (mod). It is throwing an item exception as the item "infusedaphrotitesbow" does not exist - it is named "imbuedaphroditesbow" in 6.2.0, the version you are using.

Next, on your quest of systematically removing all mods to find possible breakign conflicts, two mods remained - whatever "CCR" is and "QuickbarMini". I personally don't know these mods, but since mod conflicts are the number one reason to break stuff even when you least expect it, try disabling those two too for the moment. Assuming QuickbarMini deals with the players item hotbar, it already is modifying player related stuff, so who knows.

Third, whatever you did in your latest (or rather second latest) attempt in log.1 it created a bunch of missing asset errors for some "metagui" stuff that seems to belong to modded base Starbound UI stuff.

Finally, and this is really just throwing out ideas, having a lot of mods that add stuff and data to the entities and world installed and then starting to remove them may leave behind problems. So if all else fails, trying to backup your world and player files and testing it on a fresh player in a fresh universe might be worth giving it a shot too.

Other than that I cant do much without more debug data of what is happening when and that requires editing the code of your sexbound mod.