6 hours ago, red3dred said:

Oh that's the easy part, worry not. It's the stuff in the humanoid folder. That one contains the images for bodies of playable/NPC races.

Sexbound changes the human's body to no longer have underwears by default, but it loads so early in the game's loading process, it gets overwritten by any skin mods that have, or haven't set their priority.

There are several mods that do so, to full, or small extents, and even one here in the Forums! "Get rid of that underwear!" changes the appearance of several races, bodies, arms, and maybe even heads, i haven't fully checked, if you want an example.

Thanks, how would I go about setting priority? I'll look for that mod as well to compare files to see what I'm missing later.

1 hour ago, agmoyer955 said:

Thanks, how would I go about setting priority? I'll look for that mod as well to compare files to see what I'm missing later.

Priority is a value assigned to a mod via it's "_metadata" file, that indicates to the game what importance it has in the loading order. Lower numbers load first, larger numbers load later. I think, the base game loads at around -9999, Sexbound loads at -69, and then most mods load between 0 to 32767. Rarely does a mod go that high, but every now and then you may find a gem... Like a certain felin reskin, IIRC.

If two mods alter the same file, then the mod loaded last calls dibs on whose' file stays loaded.

Edited by red3dred
9 hours ago, StuffedSnake said:

my character doesn't show when i have sex. can that be fix?

Yes, fix that can be. Skywalker, log you must provide!

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Once log we have, fix we can.

22 hours ago, red3dred said:

Priority is a value assigned to a mod via it's "_metadata" file, that indicates to the game what importance it has in the loading order. Lower numbers load first, larger numbers load later. I think, the base game loads at around -9999, Sexbound loads at -69, and then most mods load between 0 to 32767. Rarely does a mod go that high, but every now and then you may find a gem... Like a certain felin reskin, IIRC.

If two mods alter the same file, then the mod loaded last calls dibs on whose' file stays loaded.

Thanks for the help. I was able to get it working. After checking the mods for this game after I stopped messing with mods in 2015 I saw couple mods (the one you mentioned and bigger busts) I liked that I think can be expanded on, well bigger busts can when it comes to the other I can't see a way to improve on the highlighting.

So far I'm messing around with the idea to change the default races but I'll prob work on clothing and armour as well for the hell of it. I'm also considering to maybe change the butt size a bit If I can without it looking out of place. The butt idea is just because bigger busts already affects the busts, I'm trying to make them bounce a bit and it's alright but not great right now.  So I figured why not look at the whole body and see what I can do?

6 hours ago, StuffedSnake said:

like when i get into the beds to have sex it just changes my model to a no skin one. 

There are no errors relating to why this is happening. You haven't mentioned the race you're playing, but given you have Frackin' and several other mods, i'd recommend using a Vanilla race and trying again. Frackin' Races are not supported and never will be, more than likely.

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

There are no errors relating to why this is happening. You haven't mentioned the race you're playing, but given you have Frackin' and several other mods, i'd recommend using a Vanilla race and trying again. Frackin' Races are not supported and never will be, more than likely.

i'm the dragon race thing i don't know if it was supported 

10 hours ago, StuffedSnake said:

i'm the dragon race thing i don't know if it was supported 

Do you mean these?
image.png.a06b77a12c2ed38dd17f8b41a763a360.png

If so, then yeah. Elduukhar, Thelusian, Kirhos, Mantizi, Radien and Veluuish are all Frackin' exclusive races, and the holder(s?) of the mod have denied permission to support them. No modded race (Races other than the ones in the base game such as human, floran etc.) have support in Sexbound by default. They need a support patch mod to be animated properly.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:05 PM, Melancholy_and_Death said:

Check this out Locuturus.

kekw ?

They did in steam workshop separate FU with comp to your mod.

That's i want to cry or laugh sir?

On 4/19/2022 at 3:18 PM, Melancholy_and_Death said:

Better not to install mod, maybe they fooling around.

As an update on this, they did put up that first version as a shitpost, but have since organized and have some really awesome plans to change things up and make something ultimately better than FU. I'm on their Discord ( https://discord.gg/XUpHdP52x5 ), and everything looks like it's gonna be pretty cool. They're calling it Endless Expanse. And it's gonna have all the limitations and Sayter Sexbound Hate ripped out.

2 hours ago, thespookyfish said:

As an update on this, they did put up that first version as a shitpost, but have since organized and have some really awesome plans to change things up and make something ultimately better than FU. I'm on their Discord ( https://discord.gg/XUpHdP52x5 ), and everything looks like it's gonna be pretty cool. They're calling it Endless Expanse. And it's gonna have all the limitations and Sayter Sexbound Hate ripped out.

Don't wish to impose, but can you tell the thread what is their plan? do they want to remove Sayter's influence on FU and keep the good bits? or is just one or two modifications? I know I could join the discord and ask directly but due some drama I rather not join any discord.

Also, I guess if they are serious with this they could lewdify some quest and help with sexbound but that's just wishful thinking from my part, hopefully they can do something without Sayter sending his fanatic army to them, anyway I wish all the best to the devs.

Edited by Algene

I'm finding a small issue where the window that pops up asking if I want to give birth doesn't populate, or remains invisible. I am unable to click on anything else or interact with the world unless I press escape which would normally close it without giving birth. 

Is this a bug that can be fixed on my end, or is this something new?

5 hours ago, CadeT2 said:

I'm finding a small issue where the window that pops up asking if I want to give birth doesn't populate, or remains invisible. I am unable to click on anything else or interact with the world unless I press escape which would normally close it without giving birth. 

Is this a bug that can be fixed on my end, or is this something new?

Sounds like a new bug on your end! Exciting new discoveries...

Now, if you'd be so kind as to provide the log, we can take a look to see if there's some UI error, and explanation, as to why this is the case.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

26 minutes ago, CadeT2 said:

Alrighty, here's the log. It only seems to happen if my character is suffering through a pregnancy and doesn't result in any crashes. I hope this helps, but please let me know if you need anything else

... Hmm... Weird, odd. Peculiar, even. There are no particular problem-mods, it seems, and no errors that would jump at me either... It's like the interface is working as intended. The only listed error is:

[12:46:45.825] [Error] 
[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player/pregnant.lu..."]:86: 
attempt to index a nil value (local 'babyConfig')

Which happens right after you used a Abortion Pill it seems, thus leading me to believe that something is faulty in your Sexbound base installation, or... In one of your two secret mods that are renamed/hidden on purpose in the log. My first suggestion is reinstalling Sexbound to make sure you have the up-to-date version and it's fixes, and after that... well, revise your secret mods and make sure you're not overriding it yourself by accident =V

3 hours ago, bob 14 said:

hello it's because I'm not able to play the game with the mod TeratoDefeat ???

Usually you preface that with a statement, to justify the claim or explain the question, but alright.

Do you have Defeat while also having TeratoDefeat? One adds Defeat support for Monsters, which can't be done without Defeat.

But just in case, if you game is crashing, i'd like to ask for a Log.

Greetings.
It seems, I ran into an incompatibility of sorts. Everything works except any of the humanoids. Aphrodite's Bow and Defeat don't turn them into nodes, Statue of Dibella doesn't make them use any sex-enabled furniture. Monsters, enabled by Teratophilia, work just fine, Aphrodite and her handmaiden are too.
I thought it's because of Vanilla Gold, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. So I ask for help.

starbound.log

2 hours ago, Viall said:

Greetings.
It seems, I ran into an incompatibility of sorts. Everything works except any of the humanoids. Aphrodite's Bow and Defeat don't turn them into nodes, Statue of Dibella doesn't make them use any sex-enabled furniture. Monsters, enabled by Teratophilia, work just fine, Aphrodite and her handmaiden are too.
I thought it's because of Vanilla Gold, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. So I ask for help.

Gave the log a good read, no obvious problem-mods, and indeed, no trace of Sexbound errors even.

I honestly don't know the exact culprit, and gave a good read to all your workshop mods, thinking i may recognize one or two based on the name and assuming what they do, and while still not certain, but my guess would be related to the "NPC drops gear" mod. Usually, the mods that break Sexbound entirely are mods that replace the NPC code, usually to trigger death-drops, or replace some behaviour, EG: Space Cops, health orbs, etc. If that rings a bell among your mod-list, then disable/unsubscribe and see how that goes.

Edited by red3dred
Fix muh derps
39 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Gave the log a good read, no obvious problem-mods, and indeed, no trace of Sexbound errors even.

I honestly don't know the exact culprit, and gave a good read to all your workshop mods, thinking i may recognize one or two based on the name and assuming what they do, and while still not certain, but my guess would be related to the "NPC drops gear" mod. Usually, the mods that break Sexbound entirely are mods that replace the NPC code, usually to trigger death-drops, or replace some behaviour, EG: Space Cops, health orbs, etc. If that rings a bell among your mod-list, then disable/unsubscribe and see how that goes.

Yes! It seems to be the reason. I removed "NPC drops gear", made a new character, gave them an Aphrodite's bow, and it worked on NPC in Sexbound sandbox, where I've tested it before.

Thank you for help.

EDIT: Just to note, mainly wondering if the below is intended behavior or a conflict and I'll carry on looking at my end if it's not intended behavior. I get carried away with words sometimes >_<

Are F/F animations made the same as M/F animations with the idea of strap-ons in mind and that only your PC would be engaging like that? Or is that a limitation of what can be done/scripted, or a possible mod conflict? If the former, is it possible to have a strap-on auto-equip on females at animation start depending on their position? No config changes were made, left everything as-is for now until I get a handle on PAKit, LUA, etc (just returned to Starbound after a few years and dipping my toes back into modding it).

EDIT2: Going to test something after work, but had a look around and I see the function in scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua to swap actor positions under certain conditions. I'm wondering if it's possible to add another function (i.e. helper_terminateNoPenetration), and call it right after the swap function. Basically just check, similar to swap: actor[1] and [2] are female, no strapon, no futanari subclass and call a function to remove actors if all conditions are met. Still looking to familiarize myself with patching as opposed to editing the base files, but would adding something like the above be possible with how patches are made? Another possibility might be forcing the face grind animation as the only option, guessing at this point and looking for feedback. I'll try not to add onto this post much more.

Quick'n dirty example of the above, back to work (leaving it for now, but in retrospect it's probably best to call this earlier, was working kinda quick on this so yea that's probably the best way):

image.png.ab06398f5c4668a330b72252c4e60077.png

Thanks for your time.

Edited by HalcyonAndOn
9 hours ago, HalcyonAndOn said:

EDIT: Just to note, mainly wondering if the below is intended behavior or a conflict and I'll carry on looking at my end if it's not intended behavior. I get carried away with words sometimes >_<

Are F/F animations made the same as M/F animations with the idea of strap-ons in mind and that only your PC would be engaging like that? Or is that a limitation of what can be done/scripted, or a possible mod conflict? If the former, is it possible to have a strap-on auto-equip on females at animation start depending on their position? No config changes were made, left everything as-is for now until I get a handle on PAKit, LUA, etc (just returned to Starbound after a few years and dipping my toes back into modding it).

EDIT2: Going to test something after work, but had a look around and I see the function in scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua to swap actor positions under certain conditions. I'm wondering if it's possible to add another function (i.e. helper_terminateNoPenetration), and call it right after the swap function. Basically just check, similar to swap: actor[1] and [2] are female, no strapon, no futanari subclass and call a function to remove actors if all conditions are met. Still looking to familiarize myself with patching as opposed to editing the base files, but would adding something like the above be possible with how patches are made? Another possibility might be forcing the face grind animation as the only option, guessing at this point and looking for feedback. I'll try not to add onto this post much more.

Quick'n dirty example of the above, back to work (leaving it for now, but in retrospect it's probably best to call this earlier, was working kinda quick on this so yea that's probably the best way):

Hide contents

image.png.ab06398f5c4668a330b72252c4e60077.png

Thanks for your time.

It's honestly a valid point. Everyone just kind of ran with the idea that it was fine and didn't matter (For F/F or even F/M animations with no strap-ons or anything) and so we've mostly ignored it. The animations aren't classified on the genders partaking in them, so perhaps terminating the animation would be a viable option if you REALLY don't want to see F/F as portrayed here. There was a mod that automatically added strap-ons to the females when in a dominant position, but that mod has since been deprecated.

I don't know if limiting positions is possible, if it is, you may have just found a solution to the years of toiling to add support to taur/arachne races, however i've messed with the interface and populating the wheel with positions, and i've had no luck with anything in my tests. The only option that would definitely work is breaking the Sexbound node when that happens with "smashNode" i believe.

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

It's honestly a valid point. Everyone just kind of ran with the idea that it was fine and didn't matter (For F/F or even F/M animations with no strap-ons or anything) and so we've mostly ignored it. The animations aren't classified on the genders partaking in them, so perhaps terminating the animation would be a viable option if you REALLY don't want to see F/F as portrayed here. There was a mod that automatically added strap-ons to the females when in a dominant position, but that mod has since been deprecated.

I don't know if limiting positions is possible, if it is, you may have just found a solution to the years of toiling to add support to taur/arachne races, however i've messed with the interface and populating the wheel with positions, and i've had no luck with anything in my tests. The only option that would definitely work is breaking the Sexbound node when that happens with "smashNode" i believe.

The thing that really made me start looking into the F/F thing was Lustbound and its fleshlights. It was slightly annoying that in a mix of 50/50 M/F I'd get at least multiple ladies using the fleshlights instead of dildos, tentacle plants, etc. I haven't really hit any other issues with that mod though (I have no interest in the cuntboy sub-race and minimal interest in futa).

Regarding the animation limiting, if it's already been attempted then it may just be my ignorance driving the thought. This is my first look at the coding and how things work, so my understanding of it all is still rudimentary at best. I initially had the thought due to how Lustbound's toys were setup and figured maybe there's a way to do something similar in the chain of functions when it's detecting the actors and adding them to the table for a SxB instance (something like an 'if' statement that triggers when 2 or more actors are present, then uses a function to specify available animations based on the actor data [race, gender, sub-gender, other, etc]; similar to how the fleshlight/dildo in Lustbound only have one animation available when using them; and how Terato's creatures have only certain animations available depending on which one is turned into an SxB node).

My understanding as of now is:

• Actor 1 gets turned into an SxB node (Defeat, Aphrodite's Bow, furniture, etc)
  • Actor 2 "interacts" with the node
  • Animation starts (this is the part where I need to understand a bit more what happens, will have to read up on it)