9 hours ago, safado said:

Harmony was created for hooking and injecting code into dotNET bytecode CIL (ok booMeSoft) at loading or runtime without modifing the program.

Unity inherited the tool because is using dotNet for game development. 

Rimword is built using the Unity Engine.  Inherited Harmony and provided a loader for it. 

Huglib is a project from a talented Rimworld fan, and every game user benefited when he published it free. 

-----

I concur with @Ed86 about the poor game state update cycle design.

Unity engine "update" method runs every frame and if Ludeon do not took that into account for a game that expands with mods injecting more methods that get called by gamestate cycle. It will crap the FPS with the overhead.   I do not know about the game internals but if this is happening is not the mod developer's fault.  The main loop should manage the CPU budget of the added mod gamestate instead of running everything every frame.  Also caching the xml parsing should give a big decrease of loading time, it gets parse every game start for unchanged mod list.   

Sorry for my English grammar, not my primary language. 

If only they ran every frame instead of every tick at least for UI.

In higher speeds that you could be calling 6 times for every frame and for UI and render that is no benefit.

But yeah as far as normal game speed goes 1 frame = 1 tick since both run 60 a second in standard hardware.

Rimworld uses VSync by default and certain devices have higher than 60 fps as a default.

16 hours ago, Blackberri said:

It sounds like the game was made with support for modders in mind. Is it possible the devs will eventually fix this up from their end? If so many notable mods need it and the game is trying to cater to modders, I have to imagine there's a good reason for Ludeon themselves not to do it, or else maybe that I'm mistaken about that idea on the dev's part.

Support not really. You can mod the game but majority of modding is either using a tool such as Harmony to modify code or having your own isolated code. But as far as Vanilla seems to care you can suffer modding it.

At times I felt it would have been more productive making my own game than modding certain features into rimworld.

Doesn't help there is quite a bit of odd restrictions, an annoying amount of hard code, and an unhealthy love of Enums. At least for something that people see as mod friendly.

I've mentioned issues with the bestiality interaction in the past, and the latest issue I have been having is the fact that you can no longer differentiate between the type of bestiality interaction that is occurring. so the animations I created for the different oral bestiality interactions no longer work, because they are lumped together under the interactiondeftype "OralBreeding". I was able to jumble together a temporary fix for it by creating new interactiondefs for all the different oral sex types so I can use them to filter to the proper animations, but do you think that it could be made a feature of the base mod? it is helpful when trying to make mods for rjw to not have them all lumped all together into one interactiondef, for situations like this especially

1 hour ago, IriX640 said:

I was able to jumble together a temporary fix for it by creating new interactiondefs for all the different oral sex types so I can use them to filter to the proper animations, but do you think that it could be made a feature of the base mod? it is helpful when trying to make mods for rjw to not have them all lumped all together into one interactiondef, for situations like this especially

its not a temporary fix, its the way it should be

Hi there

only half of the oral interactions are available in my game.  I've enabled the [menu that lets you start sex interactions directly].  A male pawn clicking on a male pawn can start anal sex or ask for anal sex, but for oral they can only ask for a rimming or ask for fellatio - they can't initiate those things on the other pawn.  Similarly for other combos - they can only ask for oral sex to be performed on them by the other pawn, there are no options to offer it.  And all pawns in all gender combos only have an option for sixtynine (bottom) - the option of sixtynine (top) never shows up.  

Rimworld output log published using HugsLib · GitHub

14 hours ago, Ed86 said:

its not a temporary fix, its the way it should be

fair enough, well it would be neat to get it as a feature of the main rjw, because as of now my temporary fix messes with the default oralbreeding interaction in ways I don't know how to fix.. you guys would be more knowledgeable than me about that kind of stuff. a feature request for rjw to make it easier for us to mod bestiality stuff in the future, maybe

My favorite optimization mod is Rocketman, It performs some pretty solid significance/tick optimization code and really helps stuff out in that regard.

It does HELP significantly and the fact it can manage to do major tick optimizations across many mods semi automatically is a miracle.

Rimthreaded is indeed a wasted effort to try and improve perf. Rocketman however performs tick interval optimizations that really do help significantly.

Hi all,

Thanks for maintaining this! Been having a lot of lovely screwed up fun with RJW :D

I have a really weird error though. I use the MonsterGirls Races (with its dependency Alien Races) and it used to work just fine with RJW. Then a couple games later I installed Character Editor to play around with appearances, and something strange happened. All my monstergirls are just... unfuckable. Basically, no other pawn (including other monstergirls) will willingly have sex with them. If a human is hero, I can instruct them to have sex and it works, but never automatically. If a monstergirl is the hero, every pawn gives the 'X is not willing to have sex with Y' message. I do wonder if they're somehow flagged as genderless, even though their gender markers are still the usual male/female.

I've tried running without the Character editor, uninstalling all mods, reinstalling RimWorld, deleting all save and config files, nothing makes a difference. HugsLog here: https://gist.github.com/71b67ec17ebb3cc406e48af953dae827

Any ideas?

Edited by FangMuffin

I also have found that Character Editor messes up the pawn's parts, especially when saving and loading pawns. After editing a pawn they are either no longer capable to have sex or no cum is applied.

What I usually do is create my pawn in CE and afterwards remove and re-add all RJW parts using dev-mode manually. It's a bit of a chore, but not that bad for 1-3 starting pawns.

7 hours ago, Lamadi said:

Are there any character editors that allows you to add RJW features to characters at the start of the game?

Latest Character Editor will let you add/edit pawns before launch and during game (you must choose to open it is not offered automatically). While adding the RJW hediff you must place them in proper slot Chest for breast, genitals for vag/dick/ovi, anus you know what to do.

Severity of hediff during placement is supposed to assign the size, but there's is a "quirk" where the severity will reset to 0 during game (changes to micro or relative).  Found out that after assigning all the RJW hediff is better to set size of bodyparts in Character Editor using RJW size set(CE).  Select the RJW size you want from hediff list and place in breast, genitals, or anus and the size is reset to proper values and have not seen it quirk reset back yet.   Likely an issue with Character Editor that Ed86 solved with the workaround "size set" hediff. 

There likely other issues with CE that I have not experienced yet. Noticed that others have rare issues, but I does not.  

Consult Character Editor description and author info to learn to use it, it not that hard to learn by trying it. 

Edited by safado
6 hours ago, Damedesu1 said:

I also have found that Character Editor messes up the pawn's parts, especially when saving and loading pawns. After editing a pawn they are either no longer capable to have sex or no cum is applied.

What I usually do is create my pawn in CE and afterwards remove and re-add all RJW parts using dev-mode manually. It's a bit of a chore, but not that bad for 1-3 starting pawns.

because save/load pawns is only supported for vanilla and wont work with other mods that add any data to pawn without patch

6 hours ago, Ed86 said:

потому что сохранение / загрузка пешек поддерживается только для ванили и не будет работать с другими модами, которые добавляют какие-либо данные в пешку без патча

I also have a question about the CE. When I load a pawn, it has "lacerated" wounds in place of its chest and genitals. If you add breasts to them, etc., they don't appear. It is worth noting that pawns are created in 1.2, and with pawns created and loaded from 1.3 this is not the case. Is it some kind of incompatibility between versions and mods, or is the problem solvable?

image.png.53347341ac5a7696f3491b49c9070e97.png

5 hours ago, Sorcerer-King of Adytum said:

I also have a question about the CE. When I load a pawn, it has "lacerated" wounds in place of its chest and genitals. If you add breasts to them, etc., they don't appear. It is worth noting that pawns are created in 1.2, and with pawns created and loaded from 1.3 this is not the case. Is it some kind of incompatibility between versions and mods, or is the problem solvable?

who knows

6 hours ago, Sorcerer-King of Adytum said:

seems like they don't support 1.2 anymore eh

Edited by DaMan1

I tried to modify the source files to enable players to control the number of parental traits can be inherited by babies, but I'm new to C# and don't know how to test it myself, may someone take a look?

generatebabies function in Hediff_BasePregnancy.cs is modified, started at line 580, end at line 710

for RJWPregnancySettings.cs, I added two new setting values to control maximum number of traits babies can inherit from father and/or mother, at line38-39, line224-229, and line264-265

modified file attached

Hello, I encountered something odd. One of my female slaves got pregnant from a lion (vanilla animals expanded - desert). Once she gave birth the notification said she succesfully gave birth to two babies but only one human baby spawned and I turned the settins so that most of the time the beast race will spawn.

Any idea how this can be fixed?

I have my logs here:

https://gist.github.com/4e78522619a0bd51aa838cc7a2243c3b

Edit: the exact same happened with a second female slave

Edited by Louraline

I dont know if anybody has this problem, but whenever my pawns are pregnant, their stage does not advance. as in it constantly says they are pregnant, and nothing, time goes by just nothing. they do not give births.

https://prnt.sc/1wqflnr

https://prnt.sc/1wqfq7r

This is it. it never moves past this stage. all female colonists end up pregnant, and just stay on this early stage of pregnancy which never advances at all. Can anybody give any insight, i never can get this mod to work properly. there is always a catch. Any advice is helpful, thanks. 

download (2).png

download1.png

4 hours ago, NamingIsHard said:

I tried to modify the source files to enable players to control the number of parental traits can be inherited by babies, but I'm new to C# and don't know how to test it myself, may someone take a look?

generatebabies function in Hediff_BasePregnancy.cs is modified, started at line 580, end at line 710

for RJWPregnancySettings.cs, I added two new setting values to control maximum number of traits babies can inherit from father and/or mother, at line38-39, line224-229, and line264-265

modified file attached

Just to make sure: you compiled the code?

16 minutes ago, Umbraxus said:

I dont know if anybody has this problem, but whenever my pawns are pregnant, their stage does not advance. as in it constantly says they are pregnant, and nothing, time goes by just nothing. they do not give births.

50/50 "post HugsLog" or "post in Menstruation thread". Probably a combination of the two ?

On 9/24/2021 at 3:26 AM, nugerumon said:

Let me look into my crystal ball ?

Hmm a bit hazy, but do I see Prepare Carefully in your mod list?

Ah yes, that will be it. Remove it, and you will find true happiness!

Psychic sessions cost 500$, cash or debit card?

lol your magic ball would be wrong I don't use prepare carefully because its incompatible with a dozen different mods I use 

18 hours ago, nugerumon said:

xml changes "simply work", C# needs to be compiled.

Find yourself a Visual Studio and a tutorial on how to set it up for Rimworld modding.

I tried to compile but errors were reported on parts that I have not modified. Something like cannot find harmonyLib, cannot find multiplyaer API, cannot find SyncMethod