21 hours ago, AlonFlare said:

Secondly to that I'm wondering how does one increase the frequency in which my 'breeder' characters are taken by animals such as wolves or foxes, or tamed megaspiders. I've selected 'mark for animals' on the colonist and 'allow animal to breed'. However after a full week ingame I've not seen it happen. Again, am I missing something obvious? Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated! And thanks again for the wonderful mod. 

It's worth noting colonists will form monogamous pairs with their (first?) bonded animal, and will refuse to willingly seek sex with others (even choosing masturbation over another animal). So if you want to use a colonist for raising various animal types to sell/farm, make sure they never bond with any particular animal. That way they will always seek out assigned breeder animals no matter which you choose. Or such has been in my games. You can disable bonding by using the "Pawn Rules - Food policies and more" mod. It's a really great advanced rule customization mod, and among its options is the ability to prevent particular colonists from forming animal bonds.

And like that other guy said in his huge run on sentences, for insect pregnancies, you first need a female ovipositor to implant the eggs, then a male ovipositor to fertilized the implanted eggs. (I'd be interested to know if it's possible to give a bug both to perform both at once, if anyone has tried it before).

1 hour ago, veedanya said:

And like that other guy said in his huge run on sentences, for insect pregnancies, you first need a female ovipositor to implant the eggs, then a male ovipositor to fertilized the implanted eggs. (I'd be interested to know if it's possible to give a bug both to perform both at once, if anyone has tried it before).

no its based on gender

9 hours ago, jojonick said:

I vomited inside a little son, you ARE disgusting

I'm sorry you feel that way, I was just pointing out that you MUST be exaggerating.  My machine is 2010 vintage with an SSD and it takes 3 seconds to extract the 4k files in the archive.  I just timed it.

-BB

12 hours ago, GermanPerson said:

I have seen and used those items, but is there a way to restrain the legs of colonists? It is shown on the screenshots.

I've gone through the change-logs and the leg binders are there but not implemented. Based one what is said if some sprites are provided more bondage gear will be added. So it's likely a matter of time before they get added.

(Correction: Bucky's bondage sprites are being used just have to wait for the update you can see it in the change-log)

7 hours ago, Ed86 said:

no its based on gender

So, male bugs rape female colonists and boom fertilized eggs right? If that's the case gives me more reason to avoid them, because bad vibes from all the colonists (and prisoners) they kill. If not please elaborate since my testing has been pretty light. Also I just learned that the Avali race has their own lovin' state, because they lay eggs. I found it in the game's debug menu so I wondering if it has any impact on fulfilling sexual needs.

Hey guys, do any of you have any idea why rape, bestiality, and prostitution would work flawlessly, but "normal" sex never occurs? I've been testing it all night, and I can't get two pawns in a relationship (lovers/married) to have sex with each other "normally", like in vanilla. For example, I have a rapist and a masochist (male and female respectively), and even though rape takes place normally, as soon as they become lovers they never touch each other again.

I've tried disabling all mods except RJW and EdB (and HugsLib of course), letting the game auto-generate genitals (as opposed to assigning them via EdB), and removing all but one or two traits for all of my colonists. The closest I've gotten to success was two (randomly generated) gay male colonists, who were lovers, having sex with each other - but only when one intruded on the other sleeping. So the core issue for me appears to be that no two pawns, when in a relationship and sleeping in a double/royal bed, will have sex. The classic/vanilla "lovin'" event never occurs, the one where two lovers/spouses have sex at night in the middle of their sleep.

I absolutely adore the mod by the way, I've been using it since A18 and I don't think I can play RW without it anymore :heart:

5 minutes ago, GropeyPope said:

Hey guys, do any of you have any idea why rape, bestiality, and prostitution would work flawlessly, but "normal" sex never occurs? I've been testing it all night, and I can't get two pawns in a relationship (lovers/married) to have sex with each other "normally", like in vanilla. For example, I have a rapist and a masochist (male and female respectively), and even though rape takes place normally, as soon as they become lovers they never touch each other again.

I've tried disabling all mods except RJW and EdB (and HugsLib of course), letting the game auto-generate genitals (as opposed to assigning them via EdB), and removing all but one or two traits for all of my colonists. The closest I've gotten to success was two (randomly generated) gay male colonists, who were lovers, having sex with each other - but only when one intruded on the other sleeping. So the core issue for me appears to be that no two pawns, when in a relationship and sleeping in a double/royal bed, will have sex. The classic/vanilla "lovin'" event never occurs, the one where two lovers/spouses have sex at night in the middle of their sleep.

I absolutely adore the mod by the way, I've been using it since A18 and I don't think I can play RW without it anymore :heart:

lovin just happens when they are old enough, 16+ i think. might also have to do with one needing the rest - try to free them from work and align thier schedule

9 minutes ago, chaosarah said:

lovin just happens when they are old enough, 16+ i think. might also have to do with one needing the rest - try to free them from work and align thier schedule

Thanks for the quick response! Sadly though I've definitely tried that. The bulk of the pawns I've tested with have been 20-30, and with tons of free time (I've literally just set the game to 3x and let 2-5 days pass per test). I'm not getting any error messages in the dev log either, which is even more confusing. Obviously I've scoured the old thread for similar issues too, but didn't have any luck...

Hello

I have an idea.

I would like to remove bionic and hydraulic implants from pawns. I think it should be dependant to the faction e.g. tribals should not spawn with bionic hydraulic/implants. Eventually it should be controlled in mod control menu.

1 hour ago, GropeyPope said:

Thanks for the quick response! Sadly though I've definitely tried that. The bulk of the pawns I've tested with have been 20-30, and with tons of free time (I've literally just set the game to 3x and let 2-5 days pass per test). I'm not getting any error messages in the dev log either, which is even more confusing. Obviously I've scoured the old thread for similar issues too, but didn't have any luck...

You too? I though I did something wrong when it happened. My lovers also stopped lovin' despite being in the same bed when before they did it 3 or 4 times every night. It might be something with the update since they stopped lovin' right when I installed it; I even reinstalled it. I still have the previous update's zip file so if you want to use it you can, but I not certain it will help. Also if ED86 wants me to take it down for any reason I will. Alternatively you could use pawn rules to prevent them from becoming lovers, so they can bone all they want with whoever they want.

(P.S. enjoy the mod too really fits in with the game ?)

rjw_1.8.4_ed86.zip

On 11/19/2018 at 10:55 PM, AlonFlare said:

Secondly to that I'm wondering how does one increase the frequency in which my 'breeder' characters are taken by animals such as wolves or foxes, or tamed megaspiders. I've selected 'mark for animals' on the colonist and 'allow animal to breed'. However after a full week ingame I've not seen it happen.

Besides what was already mentioned, make sure that your animals can actually get to your colonists. If you've restricted them to a zone where colonists rarely visit, then... well, that's why it's not happening. Same goes for prisoners: animals need access to the prison if you want that to trigger.

11 hours ago, veedanya said:

It's worth noting colonists will form monogamous pairs with their (first?) bonded animal, and will refuse to willingly seek sex with others (even choosing masturbation over another animal).

I still think that's kind of boring, so I edited it in my own build so that it simply gives bonus for bonded animals, but considers all animals on the map -- and also takes distance into account. (Colonist is sexually starved and has a bonded animal at home, but he's far from base and there's a perfectly fine sheep nearby? He'll go for the latter, instead of trekking all the way back home.)

53 minutes ago, weirn said:

You too? I though I did something wrong when it happened. My lovers also stopped lovin' despite being in the same bed when before they did it 3 or 4 times every night. It might be something with the update since they stopped lovin' right when I installed it; I even reinstalled it. I still have the previous update's zip file so if you want to use it you can, but I not certain it will help. Also if ED86 wants me to take it down for any reason I will. Alternatively you could use pawn rules to prevent them from becoming lovers, so they can bone all they want with whoever they want.

(P.S. enjoy the mod too really fits in with the game ?)

rjw_1.8.4_ed86.zip

You're a legend! Yep, your version works, thank you so much! The very first day with a new colony and it worked. Okay, so... are we the only ones with this issue? I would ask what mods you're using, but I've already tried it without any. Well at the very least it feels good to know I'm not the only one!

1 hour ago, GropeyPope said:

You're a legend! Yep, your version works, thank you so much! The very first day with a new colony and it worked. Okay, so... are we the only ones with this issue? I would ask what mods you're using, but I've already tried it without any. Well at the very least it feels good to know I'm not the only one!

Not a problem my dude I just used the previous update and it brought it back as well, so it defiantly has something to do with the update. Based on my meh coding knowledge it could have something to do with how pawns interact. However, which file has what needs to be fixed I have not a clue since I discovered this mod a couple of weeks ago, and I recently decided to look at the code because I needed to make a race patch (modded races didn't have genitals until I made it). It's definitely not hard to read it looks pretty simple...... at times, but there is a lot of folders and their names are abbreviated. So really I have no clue where to look first, and I'm not familiar with Rimworld's coding. Mini-rant aside I have just modified this file so colonists can rape prisoners, but I have no idea how frequent it will be. Best guess they get rapey Rick on them when they get hornier than a two-dicked billy goat. This is mostly considering that my wardens never taken advantage of my prisoners even though I set it so they can. Did it mostly out of compulsion, because I saw a note saying that it needs to be a "worktype that everyone does" so I set it to <workType>BasicWorker</workType> since all pawns can do that.

File goes: RJW (Or whatever you named the Rimjob's mod folder) >>> Defs >>> WorkGiverDefs

Example File path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\RJW\Defs\WorkGiverDefs

WorkGivers.xml

2 hours ago, weirn said:

Mini-rant aside I have just modified this file so colonists can rape prisoners, but I have no idea how frequent it will be. Best guess they get rapey Rick on them when they get hornier than a two-dicked billy goat.

Yeah, the way that Rimworld handles the job is kind of odd. Each job giver has a 'mean time to happen', but obviously only one can fire at once. So you need to take all other available jobs into account to balance it. And don't overlook the ThinkTree settings, which are in Defs\ThinkTreeDefs\ files: those are important in determining which job has the priority. Pretty much just have to test it until it works at desired frequency. 

In your  example, the colonist might still choose to simply fap instead, or even have regular sex, if he gets horny enough. Since exact length of MTB ('mean time between') is random, and those other jobs are in the same mix.

If I weren't already familiar with similar system from Crusader Kings 2, I'd have hard time wrapping my head around it. 

Does the mod load order determine which alien races spawn with the genitalia health conditions?

I am playing an extremely modded version of the game, and so far, many of the races do not have the appropriate body parts (genitalia, anus, and breasts) during character creation using the prepare carefully mod.  The list of mods that do not seem to be applying appropriate body parts are as follows:

Lord of the Rims - Dwarves
Lord of the Rims - Elves
Lord of the Rims - Hobbits
Logann Race
Racc Race
Vulpine Race Pack

Zabrak Race

I am sure that I am missing others...

There were two mods that I came across that it was seemingly not working, but that might have been as intended.
Call of Cthulhu - Elder Things

Android tiers  I could understand how the lower quality androids might not have genitals, but the T4 is nearly human-like (think synths from fallout) and the T5 androids are supposed to be super advanced...

--------------------------------------------------

The only thing that I can think of is that the Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 mod might need to be loaded before RJW...  Any help with this would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, karrachr000 said:

Does the mod load order determine which alien races spawn with the genitalia health conditions?

I am playing an extremely modded version of the game, and so far, many of the races do not have the appropriate body parts (genitalia, anus, and breasts) during character creation using the prepare carefully mod.

Yeah, I have noticed that some races don't spawn with genitals, though in my case it's not the the same ones as on your list. Not sure what causes that. And they should still show up during character creation, so I think you're loading the mods in wrong order. Alien framework on top, then the new races, then RJW at the bottom of the list.

Fortunately any pawn that are missing genitals will automatically gain them on birthday, so if you recruit them it'll start working after a while. (...or immediately, if you use dev console to trigger birthday for any new recruits.)

6 hours ago, karrachr000 said:

I am playing an extremely modded version of the game, and so far, many of the races do not have the appropriate body parts (genitalia, anus, and breasts) during character creation using the prepare carefully mod.  The list of mods that do not seem to be applying appropriate body parts are as follows:

Lord of the Rims - Elves
Logann Race
Racc Race
Vulpine Race Pack

Zabrak Race

There were two mods that I came across that it was seemingly not working, but that might have been as intended.

Android tiers  I could understand how the lower quality androids might not have genitals, but the T4 is nearly human-like (think synths from fallout) and the T5 androids are supposed to be super advanced...

The only thing that I can think of is that the Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 mod might need to be loaded before RJW...  Any help with this would be appreciated.

i've got many of those mods, and if you wait long enough in game they will eventually get the parts.  on a pawns birthday a little message about dummy genitals pops, i'm pretty sure that's when they're added to modded races that spawn with none.  i dont think it fixes the underlying issue with alien races in this mod though, the fact that their sex needs bar never seems to move. (edit; or not, i have no idea when but now my modded pawns have changing sex needs).

as for the android mod you brought up.  the mod updater has focused on another android mod entirely to make it compatible.

androids

the regular droids are left alone, and certain classes of the androids get specific types of genitals and full sex need compatibility.

10 hours ago, karrachr000 said:

Lord of the Rims - Elves
Logann Race
Racc Race
Vulpine Race Pack

Zabrak Race

The races that don't work have custom hediffgivers. For example, the LotR races each have their own hediffgiver that makes them spawn with the racial bonuses. RJW checks for 'OrganicStandard'. However as others have pointed out they do get assigned genitals once their birthday passes and they're present on your map.

1 hour ago, karrachr000 said:

Fantastic, thanks for the help.  Also it is good to know that the mod is self-correcting.  Am I correct to assume that the mod will do the same to any animals on the map that might have their hediffs handled differently?

I don't normally play with animals, but I assume it would work the same as long as they stay on the map long enough to have a birthday