Does anyone know if it's possible to edit an XML file to make it so that the Mantodean race mod can impregnate humans with their ovipositors? I believe the race has the same ovipositors as megaspiders but I don't see the female Mantodean laying eggs inside the female when they mate.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:06 PM, ophaq said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit an XML file to make it so that the Mantodean race mod can impregnate humans with their ovipositors? I believe the race has the same ovipositors as megaspiders but I don't see the female Mantodean laying eggs inside the female when they mate.

You'd have to check within the Mantodean mod if mantodeans are considered insects by RJW's definitions. Currently only 'insects' (creatures with the "insectoid" flesh-type) are egg-implant-capable. Flesh type will be defined somewhere in Mantodean mod files (possibly xml?). For reference, the spiders from RoM Arachnophobia have their flesh type defined in an xml called "ROMA_PawnKindBase.xml" and looks like this:

<ThingDef Abstract="True" ParentName="AnimalThingBase" Name="ROMA_BaseArachnid">
    <statBases>
      <ToxicSensitivity>0</ToxicSensitivity>
    </statBases>
    <race>
      <fleshType>Insectoid</fleshType>                                                               //this is what you're looking for
      <bloodDef>Filth_BloodInsect</bloodDef>
      <foodType>OmnivoreAnimal, AnimalProduct</foodType>
      <manhunterOnDamageChance>1</manhunterOnDamageChance>
      <manhunterOnTameFailChance>0.018</manhunterOnTameFailChance>
    </race>

</ThingDef>

IF they do indeed have the insect flesh type, then you've got a good chance of making them compatible with egg-implanting. You'll need to add new egg types to Hediffs_EnemyImplants.xml for Mantodean-specific eggs. You can probably copy and paste one of the definitions for the ROMA_Spider eggs and make changes like this:

<rjw.HediffDef_InsectEgg ParentName="RJW_ImplantEgg">
        <defName>RJW_ROMA_GiantSpiderEgg</defName>
        <label>Giant Spider Egg</label>
        <parentDef>ROMA_SpiderRaceGiant</parentDef>
        <bornTick>420000</bornTick>

</rjw.HediffDef_InsectEgg>

---BECOMES---

<rjw.HediffDef_InsectEgg ParentName="RJW_ImplantEgg">
        <defName>RJW_MantodeanEgg</defName>                                //this is just an internal name to distinguish between egg types
        <label>Mantodean Egg</label>                                                    //or call it whatever you like. this is what shows up in-game as the named egg hediff
        <parentDef>***mantodean pawn race def***</parentDef>           //you'll have to find the specific mantodean raceDef within the Mantodean mod's def files
        <bornTick>420000</bornTick>                                                    //change to whatever amount of ticks you'd prefer 60,000 is one game day.

</rjw.HediffDef_InsectEgg>

IF all that works for you, you'll likely want to add a new recipe to Recipes_RemoveEnemyImplants.xml. Again you can copy-paste the recipes for the vanilla insect eggs and adjust the labels, description, jobstring to taste and then ensure that the <removesHediff></removesHediff> label matches the respective defName label from the Hediffs_EnemyImplants.xml. In my example above, this defName is "RJW_MantodeanEgg", so the removal recipe would match as:

<removesHediff>RJW_MantodeanEgg</removesHediff>

Thank you! I am currently trying to find the mantodean meat type with no luck. I butchered one in-game and it gave me mantodean meat and I can't seem to find that in the XML files yet. Also, I'm not positive but I think the raceDef is "Alien_Mantodean" but it's hard to find out. If the meat type isn't insect, how would I go about changing that?

All this is really complicated with no programming experience, haha.

19 minutes ago, ophaq said:

Thank you! I am currently trying to find the mantodean meat type with no luck. I butchered one in-game and it gave me mantodean meat and I can't seem to find that in the XML files yet. Also, I'm not positive but I think the raceDef is "Alien_Mantodean" but it's hard to find out. If the meat type isn't insect, how would I go about changing that?

The drops from butchering aren't really related to actual fleshType. I downloaded mantodean to have a peek and I think you might be out of luck with them (at least with my above methods). I thought it was a simple additional creature mod, but it's a full-blown alien race mod with human-like pawns and custom factions. That's well out of my competency range unfortunately.

The reason you're seeing insect private parts is because of how the private parts are assigned. RJW is recognizing keywords in the racename (probably "Mantodean" or something, but I have not looked at the GenitalHelper.cs to know for sure) and gives 'insect' parts to those races that include those keywords. So it doesn't always classify all the different race mods into groups like animal, insect, human, android (some race mods just wouldn't this way anyway); sometimes it just assigns genitals based on keywords found in the racename. This makes it very easy to add genital compatibility for the plethora of race and creature mods for rimworld, though they do have to be added in specifically. So while you're seeing insect parts on your mantodeans, they're not technically 'insects' and cannot do the egg implant thing without some rewriting of the assembly code to make a specific exception for that race.

Does anyone else have the issue where some modded animals can't be designated as breeders? I thought it might be because they're not classified as males or not having genitals, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For example, I have a male fire-drake (from the LotR mod) that I tamed through dev mode and gave it a dragon penis, but I can't designate as a breeding animal but I can take away its right of consent. I thought it might be because you can't tame the animal normally, but some other animals such as the Dragonians that can be tamed have the same issue. Do I have to edit some xml file or something? If so which ones should I be looking at? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Lamex said:

Does anyone else have the issue where some modded animals can't be designated as breeders? I thought it might be because they're not classified as males or not having genitals, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For example, I have a male fire-drake (from the LotR mod) that I tamed through dev mode and gave it a dragon penis, but I can't designate as a breeding animal but I can take away its right of consent. I thought it might be because you can't tame the animal normally, but some other animals such as the Dragonians that can be tamed have the same issue. Do I have to edit some xml file or something? If so which ones should I be looking at? Thanks in advance.

Should work just fine, unless the animals are marked as genderless.

Are those drakes fertile? Check the Fertility rating in the health tab. If not, it's probably too young... or there's something wrong with the genitals. (Since males don't lose fertility from old age). 

Either that, or it's a load-order problem, since animals should spawn automatically with genitalia, no need to add them manually. Remember to put this mod last on the list.

3 hours ago, Zaltys said:

Are those drakes fertile? Check the Fertility rating in the health tab. If not, it's probably too young... or there's something wrong with the genitals. (Since males don't lose fertility from old age). 

Either that, or it's a load-order problem, since animals should spawn automatically with genitalia, no need to add them manually. Remember to put this mod last on the list.

The drake has a weakened fertility (at 83%), though it doesn't say what caused it. RJW is last on the list so I don't think that's the issue here. It might be too young, since the giddy up mod seems to think it's not fully grown despite being 500 years old. It has a lifespan of 1500 though, so maybe it needs to be older? Dragonians can be mounted, but can't be designated as breeders. Though in their case fertility is at 0% despite having a penis. I tried giving it different penis too, but it always stays at 0%.

I love the mod a lot. Thanks for making this.

One question, or feedback, or something... after only a year or two ingame, nearly everyone in my base got the "dummy privates" condition. I'm not really sure what causes this, or what it even does. It's not on the health tab. It seems to happen to everyone with regularity regardless of age - I had it happen to a 16 year old the day she hopped out of the age morphis cell.

What does this do? And if it's something I don't like, is there a mod setting for controlling the frequency that it occurs?

5 hours ago, Lamex said:

The drake has a weakened fertility (at 83%), though it doesn't say what caused it. RJW is last on the list so I don't think that's the issue here. It might be too young, since the giddy up mod seems to think it's not fully grown despite being 500 years old. It has a lifespan of 1500 though, so maybe it needs to be older? Dragonians can be mounted, but can't be designated as breeders. Though in their case fertility is at 0% despite having a penis. I tried giving it different penis too, but it always stays at 0%.

Only fertile animals can be designated as breeders.

I'd check the drakes, but not sure which mod those are from.

As for Dragonians. Let's see... LifeExpectancy 800, and they have non-standard lifestages: animals usually have three, Dragonians only have two. Looking at the source, the fertility for such non-standard life stages defaults to starting at age of 13, and ends at 0.5 of life expectancy for females (which seems too low, human females would go completely infertile at 40 with that, should be raised a bit) and 1.0 for males. 

So any female Dragonians should be fertile from ~18 to 400, and males from ~18 to 800. The code doesn't currently check for futa creation, which is an another thing that should probably be added to the to-do list. If the age is in those ranges, then I guess there's a bug. The code uses such complex math that I'm not quite sure how it is calculated. 

2 hours ago, Saikar said:

What does this do? And if it's something I don't like, is there a mod setting for controlling the frequency that it occurs?

That's just the genital helper, which makes sure that all pawns have genitals (some might've been spawned without them, such as from dev console). You can ignore it.

The warning is annoying, but I'm not sure if there's any way to hide it. Might have to completely rewrite the code to use some other system, and that's probably not worth the work spent on it.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:33 AM, Zaltys said:

Not recommended, unless you know how to alter the mod to make it work with this. Those monstergirls are genderless in-game, despite the appearances.  So they lack the female bits by default. The pregnancies also need fixing (unless you like 0-day pregnancies): the dev clearly never intended for them to be able to breed.

And the changes to auto-tame conflict with other mods that add animals.

Thanks for the heads up on this. How you I go about assigning genders to those monstergirls? I'd like to set them as female and the Kyuubi from the youkai village mod as well.

5 hours ago, Zaltys said:

Only fertile animals can be designated as breeders.

I'd check the drakes, but not sure which mod those are from.

As for Dragonians. Let's see... LifeExpectancy 800, and they have non-standard lifestages: animals usually have three, Dragonians only have two. Looking at the source, the fertility for such non-standard life stages defaults to starting at age of 13, and ends at 0.5 of life expectancy for females (which seems too low, human females would go completely infertile at 40 with that, should be raised a bit) and 1.0 for males. 

So any female Dragonians should be fertile from ~18 to 400, and males from ~18 to 800. The code doesn't currently check for futa creation, which is an another thing that should probably be added to the to-do list. If the age is in those ranges, then I guess there's a bug. The code uses such complex math that I'm not quite sure how it is calculated. 

Drakes are from this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1400238872

It looks like you're right, those animals aren't considered old enough for some reason, and aging them up in devmode doesn't seem to work. I'll try using the age morphosis and see if that works. Thanks!

2 hours ago, torill said:

Thanks for the heads up on this. How you I go about assigning genders to those monstergirls? I'd like to set them as female and the Kyuubi from the youkai village mod as well.

I'm not sure about Kyuubis, but for the monstergirls in the Lost Forest mod you have to go into their Race Def xmls and add definitions for females. What I did was add the following for Wolverns (from LF mod):

<femaleGraphicData>
          <texPath>Things/Pawn/Animal/Wolvern</texPath>
          <drawSize>1.75</drawSize>
          <shadowData>
            <volume>(0.3, 0.4, 0.3)</volume>
            <offset>(0,0,-0.15)</offset>
          </shadowData>
        </femaleGraphicData>

and add this:

<femaleGraphicData>
          <drawSize>1.5</drawSize>
        </femaleGraphicData>

and remove the line:

<hasGenders>false</hasGenders>

Which would indicate that the monster has genders and define what the females would look like. This allows males to show up too though, and I think there's another line of code that can set the male/female ratio, not sure what that is though. I'm not sure if works for the Youkai village mod, but try looking in the mod's race or thing def xml and see if there's anything talking about genders. What I usually search for is "gender", "male", or "sex". Hope this helps!

Also just a suggestion for this mod: I think it would be amazing if there was integration for genetic rim that let colonist that are pregnant with animals give birth to hybrids. Nothing crazy like new sprites, but the newborn kids would have animal parts that come with genetic rim. For example, if a colonist gets pregnant with a thrumbo, there's a chance that the kid is born with the thrumbo horn attachment. Is something like this possible?

23 hours ago, ophaq said:

Follow up idea:

Potentially, you could assign insect-egg-implant ability to penis type (instead of flesh type). So that anything with the insect penis infertile/insect penis could lay/fertilize insect eggs. You'd still have to add your own egg types for Mantodeans (as outlined above) but it's a more inclusive workaround and MUCH easier to implement albeit much less elegant. There would be a slight game balance issue because you could just slap an insect penis onto any ol' pawn and they would suddenly be able to lay/fertilize insect eggs (assuming you defined eggs for them in the xmls...otherwise maybe just errors) which is a bit weird. Also unsure what results you'll get with the custom mantodean factions.

I can try and make you a custom edit of the 1.8.5 assembly and relevant xmls with this method and send it to you if you'd like. Let me know.

Hi i would like to report a bug,Crafting spot is not working with Lord of the rims mod for some weird reason,Damn you jecrell.

I miss my medieval kingdom with 2 golden brothels...I was using medieval times no guns/low tech but it seems the author abandoned that mod...

6 hours ago, Lamex said:

Drakes are from this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1400238872

It looks like you're right, those animals aren't considered old enough for some reason, and aging them up in devmode doesn't seem to work. I'll try using the age morphosis and see if that works. Thanks!

Oh, non-standard life stages. They become adult at the second lifestage, and the third lifestage is 'ancient' at age of 600. So those drakes only reach full fertility at the age of 600.  ...and then females lose fertility at 750.

Animals generally only mature at the third lifestage, and it's really hard to account for non-standard aging. Not sure how that code could be changed to automatically work for everything.

9 hours ago, Lamex said:

I'm not sure about Kyuubis, but for the monstergirls in the Lost Forest mod you have to go into their Race Def xmls and add definitions for females. What I did was add the following for Wolverns (from LF mod):

<femaleGraphicData>
          <drawSize>1.75</drawSize>
          <shadowData>
            <volume>(0.3, 0.4, 0.3)</volume>
            <offset>(0,0,-0.15)</offset>
          </shadowData>
        </femaleGraphicData>

and add this:

<femaleGraphicData>
          <drawSize>1.5</drawSize>
        </femaleGraphicData>

and remove the line:

<hasGenders>false</hasGenders>

Which would indicate that the monster has genders and define what the females would look like. This allows males to show up too though, and I think there's another line of code that can set the male/female ratio, not sure what that is though. I'm not sure if works for the Youkai village mod, but try looking in the mod's race or thing def xml and see if there's anything talking about genders. What I usually search for is "gender", "male", or "sex". Hope this helps!

Brilliant. Thanks Lamex! I'll give it a go.

v1.8.6_ed86
added OrganicAgeless for race/genital patch
added queen/implanter property to eggs, if its player faction +25% chance to birth tamed insects
filter for Psychology traits
fixed breeding detection for some(all?) animals
log/social interaction for core loving
fix for syphilis kidney
fix for loving
fix for humpshroom addiction error
fix for menu translation error

rjw_1.8.6_ed86.zip

I feel like the size of the orifice and the size of the penis should affect more than just the sex capability of the pawn, it should also determine how hard or painful sex is. Like if a pawn with a huge penis is raping a pawn with a tight vagina for instance, she should be in a lot of pain from the clear mismatch of sexual organs, perhaps even doing internal damage. The trauma should be a bit more severe, if you ask me. 

19 hours ago, Zaltys said:

Oh, non-standard life stages. They become adult at the second lifestage, and the third lifestage is 'ancient' at age of 600. So those drakes only reach full fertility at the age of 600.  ...and then females lose fertility at 750.

Animals generally only mature at the third lifestage, and it's really hard to account for non-standard aging. Not sure how that code could be changed to automatically work for everything.

I aged the drake up to 600 and it worked just fine. Thanks for letting me know!