View File

New-Project-1.png

V. 1.21 BETA. FOR FEMALE CHARACTERS ONLY.

Want to help bring this mod back to life? I'm looking for an experienced developer interested in collaborating and/or continuing development of this mod for the future. There is still quite a bit of work to be done, and I just do not have the time to maintain it on my own anymore. If you'd like to help out, check out my post in the thread!

UPDATE WARNING: 1.20 DOES NOT FIX SOME BUGS IF THE SAVE HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN USED WITH SEWERRATS. TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL BUG FIXES, PLEASE CLEAN YOUR SAVE OR START A NEW GAME.

As a frequent (in-game) criminal, i've always found Skyrim's vanilla justice system to be a highly underwhelming experience. It often felt easier just to surrender when times got tough, surrendering your stolen loot and losing the skill points you probably gained shooting arrows at innocent civilians anyway. SewerRats aims to redefine the justice system in a much more medieval, masochistic way that feels right at home in a game that shares many of those qualities.

Crime

SewerRats expands the crime system, introducing illegal drugs sold by drug dealers sold throughout Skyrim. Legal cigarettes are also available, which are sold by merchants in most cities within Skyrim. Dealers peddle substances including Crack Cocaine and Weed, which are also common in the Sewers (see Punishment). These drugs greatly affect you, making the game near impossible to play while effects are active. Addiction can follow if substances are used often enough, which will lead to desperate efforts to get your fix, and eventually, a life of crime, prostitution, and desperation.

Drug/Cigarette Availability by Location:

Spoiler

The "Illicit Merchandise" system is not designed to provide a number of dealers and shopkeepers that reflect only the town's population,
rather they reflect both the population and the economic/social status of the residents. More dealers and merchants peddling cigarettes
will come to towns with a more "working class" populace. Not all large towns will offer drugs, but some small towns may still attract
drug dealers. Prices vary between purchases and dealers, since supply and demand change rapidly.

RIFTEN
Brand-Shi [Cigarettes]
Grelka [Cigarettes]
Borgny [Drugs]

WHITERUN
Belathor's General Goods [Cigarettes]
Arcadia's Cauldron [Cigarettes]
Honningbrew Meadery [Cigarettes]

WINDHELM
New Gnisis Cornerclub [Cigarettes]
The White Phial [Cigarettes]
Aval [Cigarettes]
Calixto [Drugs]

DAWNSTAR
The Mortar And Pestle [Cigarettes]
Ranmir [Drugs]
Tia [Drugs]

WINTERHOLD
The Frozen Hearth [Cigarettes]

SOLITUDE
Bits And Pieces [Cigarettes]
Angeline's Aromatics [Cigarettes]
Jala [Cigarettes]
Addvar [Cigarettes]
Nils [Drugs]

MARKARTH
Arnleif and Sons Trading Company [Cigarettes]
Silver-Blood Inn [Cigarettes]
Zaynabi [Drugs]

MORTHAL
Moorside Inn [Cigarettes]

KYNESGROVE
Braidwood Inn [Cigarettes]
Garthar [Drugs]

FALKREATH
Dead Man's Drink [Cigarettes]
Grave Concoctions [Cigarettes]
Gray Pine Goods [Cigarettes]

DRAGON BRIDGE
Four Shields Tavern [Cigarettes]

IVARSTEAD
Vilemyr Inn [Cigarettes]

RIVERWOOD
Riverwood Trader [Cigarettes]

RORIKSTEAD
Frostfruit Inn [Cigarettes]

Addiction:

Spoiler

You cannot get addicted to "Soft" drugs like weed, however you can become dependent upon Crack and Cigarettes. Being addicted will require you to get your fix every so often, failing to do so will bring you into withdraw. Surviving the withdraw symptoms for a long enough period will end your addiction to that substance.

Prostitution:

Spoiler

This mod does not implement prostitution. However, it offers dependency-free integration into nearly every prostitution mod that uses SexLab. If you have sex out in the open, in a city or town, and exchange money shortly after, the mod will detect this as prostitution and you stand a chance of getting spotted by a guard. Sometimes, the guard will care enough to come arrest you, other times he will not. Sex with guards, prostitution or not, consensual or not, will result in an arrest for prostitution (and anything else they can throw at you). They will trick you into having sex with them, showing interest and doing the deed, presumably to collect additional evidence of your crimes... at least so they say!

Guards will look the other way at prostitutes if they work indoors.

Punishment

While the vast majority of the mod's gameplay currently takes place in the Sewers and Solitary/Death Row, multiple prisons are actively in the planning and development stage. Now that the Sewers are (in our opinion) mostly stable, work will begin on the remaining pieces of this mod. The other prisons are a long-term project, but initial work has progressed quite smoothly.

Prisons Currently Implemented or Planned:

STABLE - Sewers (Sentencing: Bounty above MCM Minimum)

Spoiler

By far the most "gritty" and intense of the prisons, the Sewers are located under the city of Windhelm. The heart of this mod's content, the Sewers houses violent inmates who's crimes warrant a secure location and severe punishment. Inmates here are kept underground 24/7, with no time for recreation or enjoyment in their lives. Inmates are put to work cleaning, maintaining, and building the Sewer System under the city. The inmates maintain a thriving drug/alcohol scene among the otherwise miserable setting. From the moment you step foot into your cell, you will be intimidated, used, and overworked.

Work results in "Good Time" type credits, which reduce your sentence. You'll lose a day off your sentence for each day you spend in prison, but long sentences will only realistically be served out by working... when you do things the "right way".

Many illegitimate opportunities exist to lower or end your time, including drug dealing (in exchange for other inmates' good time) and a very difficult escape quest that ends in you becoming a fugitive in most of the "civilized" holds.

STABLE - Solitary & Death Row (Sentencing: Bounty over 20,000 for Death Row, offense committed inside prison for Solitary)

Spoiler

Solitary

Solitary Confinement is a temporary punishment for inmates that violate the rules of the prison or are caught after an escape attempt. In solitary, you will stay in your cell for most of the day, only let out to roam around in a recreation "yard", where the guard on duty will happily take advantage of your vulnerabilities. This will happen every day, on a loop, until you are finally released back to "General Population". Disobedience (such as flooding your cell) will result in a severe physical punishment.

Death Row

Death Row is reserved for the worst of Tamriel - criminals who commit genocide, kill multiple inmates while already in prison, or just annoy the wrong jarl. There is no escape and no way out - except the obvious - from Death Row. You will be held in a situation similar to Solitary for 30 days, but taken out every 10 days where you will be tortured ever closer to death. You will give in eventually and die. You can speed up this process by flooding your cell.

IN DEVELOPMENT/CONFIRMED - Dawnstar Reformatory (Sentencing: For Prostitution, Drug & Alcohol Offenses, possibly theft)

Spoiler

Not yet implemented! The Dawnstar Reformatory is a religious reform school run by devout worshipers of the divines. Focusing on prostitutes, addicts, and Skyrim's other lowlives, the Reformatory aims to reform them into useful members of society through prayer, education, and strict order. I'm going for a very cult-like atmosphere on this one.

NOT STARTED/NOT CONFIRMED - Work Camp (Sentencing: Small Crimes where other prisons are not applicable)

Spoiler

Not yet in development and not confirmed (this may be replaced with something else). The Work Camp puts Skyrim's petty criminals to work in grueling outdoor conditions - hauling, farming, mining, and not enough resting. 

Compatibility

Incompatibilities:

• Any "Prison" type mod that affects prison sentencing.
  • Mods that affect Orc Strongholds.
  • "Better Cities" mods that physically change the location of existing buildings. Mods that expand outwards from the existing city are compatible.

Requirements:

• RaceMenu/NiOverride
  • SkyUI
  • Fuz Ro D-oh
  • SlaveTats
  • ZaZAnimationPack
  • SexLab

Highly Recommended:

Amputator Framework

Spoiler

When you are tortured in the fires (a solitary confinement feature), you will lose limbs if Amputator is activated.

Your favorite rape/sex animation mod

Spoiler

Your chosen mod must have the rape animations flagged as "Aggressive" in SexLab. If this is the case, SewerRats will use them whenever a rape takes place.

You are raped:

• By Mia at the beginning and occasionally thereafter.
  • In Solitary, during recreation.

You will have sex:

• When taking sex as payment for drugs.
  • When buying drugs and offering sex as payment for them.

Death Alternative

Spoiler

Death Alternative compatibility is dependent upon the "SewerRats" OnBlackout event being enabled. Not enabling this event will cause strange bugs when you die in prison and are resurrected by DA. Keep this enabled at all times when playing this mod enabled.

SewerRats DA Plugin Details:

On Death Outside of Prison

If your killer is a guard or a citizen with the same assigned crime faction as a hold you have a bounty in, you will be handled as if you were arrested normally (prison if over the minimum bounty, vanilla jail if under). If your killer is not a member of the crime faction, SewerRats will not handle this death.

On Death Inside Prison

If you die in prison and have not died in prison previously, and do not have the "DA Eternal Torture" option enabled in SewerRats MCM, you will be given a second chance at freedom. You will be resurrected and told of the Curse of Eternal Life, which is now upon you.

If you have died in prison and were resurrected previously, or do have the "DA Eternal Torture" option turned on, you will wake up in prison, processed back in, and your imprisonment will continue, forever - hence the ghost's explanation of the Curse in the former scenario.

Radiant Prostitution (or any other modern prostitution mod)

Spoiler

Prostitution is criminalized. Prostitutes will stand a chance at being caught and locked in jail! Radiant Prostitution is my personal favorite, but any mod that follows the sex-for-money format is supported - this mod, quite simply, is triggered when a sex act happens and the arrest chance is run if money is exchanged shortly after. Prostitutes can safely work indoors.

Download

Use the download link in the "Files" section.

Please consider supporting the continued development of SewerRats with a small Contribution. Donated funds will be used to implement features such as voice acting, C++ API development (Such as our BookTxtAPI), and other features which would be best implemented via third-party freelancers and consultation.

Installation

1) Install all listed requirements and requirements of those requirements.

2) Install mod to "Data" folder (Mod managers are supported)

3) Run FNIS

4) Use a clean save as this is in development and may break at any time!

Known Bugs

• Escape Quest might not reset properly in all instances, causing issues when you escape for a second time

If you find any additional bugs, please report them so they can be added to this list and fixed in order of severity.

Credits

• ZaZ - HDT Ankle Chains and other modder's resources.
  • Slaves Of Tamriel - Inspiration, Mechanics
  • Raven Beak Prison - this mod initially started as an overhaul of the RBP mod, but quickly morphed into an idea of it's own. It no longer implements RBP functionality and will continue to have no relationship to this mod in the future, but this project wouldn't exist without it.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/09/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    See Description
  • Special Edition Compatible

View File

2 minutes ago, sacredfire said:

Looks great,  I'll try it out soon.

Quick question.  Is there any plans to add any execution scenes like hanging or beheading?

The execution scene that's already present (but incomplete, there is no animation - just noise and a fade out) is already quite gruesome... the torture process that results in your death is similar to the "brazen bull" of ancient greece, you'll be thrown in there and burned to death (slowly!) over the course of 30 days. You progressively look in worse and worse shape as you lose limbs (via amputator) and gain scars. 

I could imagine hanging as a gen. pop suicide method similar to cell flooding in solitary.

Oh boi this looks good, will try it out soon but will have to adjust my loadorder first to fit in the requirements. I am curious if I will like this more than POP but it definately has potential to become one of my favourite mods.

14 minutes ago, Teddar said:

I have no idea how to get a work assignment? Also I play with a controller so I might be screwed with the keybinds ?

Essentially, during the morning/afternoon shift you go a work area and press the key setup in MCM (rebind this to your controller button). The places the keybind will work in are:

AM work:

• The floor (sweeping)
  • The grates where sewage flows in (cleaning them)
  • The smelter/coal plant (shoveling)
  • The fencing seperating the cistern from the walkway (cleaning)

PM:

• The sewage under your feet (picking it up and transporting it to the processing area which is covered by a grate (go forward from the hallway you're in when you get sent down there until you see it on the right)
  • The rocks (clearing passageways)
  • Grates (cleaning)

You can do any of these things during the work time. There is also a setting in MCM to speed up the afternoon work by 2x since it can get somewhat long and boring, day after day.

This mod relies on a variety of custom keybinds for drugs etc, you may have trouble with a controller in general since it has limited keys.

Will try it if i get time, it seems like a nice mod. If i would ask something is first why you use the  ZazHDTWorkshop, if i get it right it only provides one item. Also if it is possible to make the amputator framework optional. I really dislike even seeing the download page :P . As for suggestion, without knowing how the mod works, it would be nice to see lots of the zaz objects being used for punishment or whatever else you could think. It's really a shame that there are so few mods using zaz 8+ objects like the doghouse,the barrels, the torture chair and many other stuff that exist in that mod. Even the animation of a carpet i believe that forces be used as a table.

1 hour ago, Gimlord said:

Will try it if i get time, it seems like a nice mod. If i would ask something is first why you use the  ZazHDTWorkshop, if i get it right it only provides one item. Also if it is possible to make the amputator framework optional. I really dislike even seeing the download page :P . As for suggestion, without knowing how the mod works, it would be nice to see lots of the zaz objects being used for punishment or whatever else you could think. It's really a shame that there are so few mods using zaz 8+ objects like the doghouse,the barrels, the torture chair and many other stuff that exist in that mod. Even the animation of a carpet i believe that forces be used as a table.

ZaZHDT may have one item, but it is one extremely critical item (the leg irons that are actually realistic). I may find something to replace this with if I can find an appropriate replacement within the existing dependencies... or make this myself.

The punishments currently consist of whipping (in the sewers, general population). This is time-constrained (it only happens in between events - the end of a shift and the showers, for example), or if you aren't working hard enough. Adding anything that would be a longer-term punishment won't make much sense in the sewers part of the mod, and would lead to serious timing issues.

However, I have big plans for the low security prison, which may not come out for a few months. The other ZaZ objects would be excellent fits there, as there is no defined schedule (which limits the types of punishments you can offer), and it is an outdoor camp in a cold climate (a very comfortable place to be stuck in a torture device, right?)

These may also have some applications in solitary, such as the guard sticking you in a device if you try to resist his rapey tactics... again, because Solitary operates on a very loose schedule (only one event per day) and being stuck in some longer-term bondage device could easily be fit within that schedule.

Amputator is only used in solitary. It can be made optional (and probably will be) quite easily. However, of course, this would be slightly less realistic as it is extremely unlikely you'd keep all of your limbs if you were thrown into a fire IRL.

About the requirement for Funny Bizness animations, is that just so you have a decent amount of rape animations,

or are there specific animations that you MUST have for things to work, and if so, which animations are they? He's

put out a lot of content, and I don't have room to install it all even with FNIS XL.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Prison Overhaul Patched is not compatible with your mod?

You don't say anything about companion handling, or I overlooked it if you did.

16 minutes ago, panthercom said:

About the requirement for Funny Bizness animations, is that just so you have a decent amount of rape animations,

or are there specific animations that you MUST have for things to work, and if so, which animations are they? He's

put out a lot of content, and I don't have room to install it all even with FNIS XL.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Prison Overhaul Patched is not compatible with your mod?

You don't say anything about companion handling, or I overlooked it if you did.

Correct regarding the FunnyBizness. The animations aren't really required to make the mod function, however not having them will just skip any rape content in the mod and show a warning message on screen.

If it detects the correct FB animations, this won't happen. The only animation you currently need to not skip sex scenes is FB Violent Rape. The system will become much more modular in the next version, running vanilla SexLab animations instead of skipping scenes and running the most appropriate FB animation available if you only have a limited amount of them installed. I'd consider the rape system in v1.01 a bit of a placeholder right now.

PO Pached doesn't exactly break the game if you're running it with this, but the arrest dialogue from that overrides the dialogue in this mod when getting arrested (as do most prison type mods, in some way). I didn't worry too much about this as the prison camp will cover the low bounties that i'd assume you're trying to handle with POP. Once the camp goes in, compatibility is essentially impossible as all bounties will be handled in some way by SewerRats.

Followers/companions have not been tested just yet, but i'd go out on a limb and say it would work, but the cell really isn't big enough and the doors slam behind the player, which would result in your companion getting trapped in the wrong part of the prison. 

There are other sources of rape animations besides FunnyBizness; if you just look for the

'aggressive' tag when calling animations. FB did some aggressive stuff when there wasn't

much out there, but his work hasn't held up well compared to newer animators, and he

was more about quantity over quality and wasn't interested in trying to improve his existing

work. Bottom line, I'm not going to reinstall his stuff. What you're doing looks really cool,

and I'll keep an eye out for future versions that have more flexibility.

36 minutes ago, Imperfected said:

I suppose given the requirements there's not much planned in terms of an SE version?

When I ultimately loosen the requirements (many of which can be avoided), there is a good possibility for this. The base mod should function fine, more or less, but the issue lies in some of the outdated frameworks (Such as ZaZ HDT) which will never be maintained for SE.

This sounds like a great work in progress. However, DDi, DDa, DDx? If those happen to be Devious Devices plugins, I will never get to try this mod, I did try DD early on, and it didn't work on companions, so removed it and never looked back. But if they are soft requirements, then I could try it out. As it has peaked my curiosity.

However, have you considered the possibility of Vampires, who can't die? They can live under water, don't need to feed, only driven to feed, regenerates in the dark... Perhaps a a story line for those who turn everyone in the prison into thralls (Better Vampires)

1 hour ago, panthercom said:

There are other sources of rape animations besides FunnyBizness; if you just look for the

'aggressive' tag when calling animations. FB did some aggressive stuff when there wasn't

much out there, but his work hasn't held up well compared to newer animators, and he

was more about quantity over quality and wasn't interested in trying to improve his existing

work. Bottom line, I'm not going to reinstall his stuff. What you're doing looks really cool,

and I'll keep an eye out for future versions that have more flexibility.

Right - that's exactly the idea behind a modular rape animation framework. Adding new animation support isn't very difficult, so I could quite easily just implement a system that picks from a list of the installed rape animations from a variety of modders. As with my plans regarding the more unpopular requirements such as ZaZ HDT and Amputator, you'd have the option to choose one or more frameworks/anim packs, or none at all.

Are there any specific newer/better rape anims that you would recommend?

11 minutes ago, Airianna said:

This sounds like a great work in progress. However, DDi, DDa, DDx? If those happen to be Devious Devices plugins, I will never get to try this mod, I did try DD early on, and it didn't work on companions, so removed it and never looked back. But if they are soft requirements, then I could try it out. As it has peaked my curiosity.

However, have you considered the possibility of Vampires, who can't die? They can live under water, don't need to feed, only driven to feed, regenerates in the dark... Perhaps a a story line for those who turn everyone in the prison into thralls (Better Vampires)

DDI/DDA/DDX are Devious Devices mods. However, they are also soft requirements. The only thing you'll miss out on without them are features such as the straitjacket, etc. You probably won't even notice what's missing if you haven't played thru previously (aside from a few weird bits of dialogue related to putting on DDs that never actually get put on, since you don't have it installed).

Turning the prison into vampires is definitely a bad idea, the effects of which are unknown. The prison operates on a strict schedule, and anything that harms the flow of it is bound to cause a good number of bugs. This would achieve that, and is unsupported at this time.. but may be considered in the future.

PC vampires are essentially supported (you'll actually do better with those abilities in the dark, wet sewer environment). Death row deaths happen by being burned to death, and if the PC is unlucky or for some reason (such as is a vampire) doesn't die when he/she floods the cell the guards will find out and punish you. The death by fire should kill anything, as the PC is killed via the script itself, which should affect vampires too. 

3 minutes ago, SewerRats said:

DDI/DDA/DDX are Devious Devices mods. However, they are also soft requirements. The only thing you'll miss out on without them are features such as the straitjacket, etc. You probably won't even notice what's missing if you haven't played thru previously (aside from a few weird bits of dialogue related to putting on DDs that never actually get put on, since you don't have it installed).

Turning the prison into vampires is definitely a bad idea, the effects of which are unknown. The prison operates on a strict schedule, and anything that harms the flow of it is bound to cause a good number of bugs. This would achieve that, and is unsupported at this time.. but may be considered in the future.

PC vampires are essentially supported (you'll actually do better with those abilities in the dark, wet sewer environment). Death row deaths happen by being burned to death, and if the PC is unlucky or for some reason (such as is a vampire) doesn't die when he/she floods the cell the guards will find out and punish you. The death by fire should kill anything, as the PC is killed via the script itself, which should affect vampires too. 

Cool, And PC Vampires are more susceptible to fire, they get a -50 resistance to fire, via Better Vampires Mod. So as long as I avoid being burned, I should be fine.
Also, is the mod compatible with RND?

2 minutes ago, Airianna said:

Cool, And PC Vampires are more susceptible to fire, they get a -50 resistance to fire, via Better Vampires Mod. So as long as I avoid being burned, I should be fine.
Also, is the mod compatible with RND?

Yes - Feedings occur every day, twice a day. A loaf of "Prison Slop" as it's called ingame, but it should sustain you. One of my favorite possible features is to implement disease within the sewers. That isn't in place yet, but the idea is that you will risk a chance of catching a fatal disease every time you go to work in the horrible conditions down there.

Just now, Deviljho-san said:

I'm curious if this would have the gameplay from the raven bleak prision mod?

It does not, there may be a few references to RBP in scripts and such but that is in name only as I was using a RavenBeakXX naming convention while this was still an overhaul for that mod. The scripts/assets that remain from that are only there because they were recycled for this project in some way, and they do not contain code from that mod or implement any features of it.

This is the most exciting mod that I have seen added for some time.  It looks like the perfect addition not just the lacking vanilla system but also those of us that have really enjoyed prison overhaul.  Prison overhaul is a lot of fun but I see myself killing bounty hunters, increasing my bounty as they chase may and ending up in the sewer rat.  Thanks for making this!

6 minutes ago, SewerRats said:

Yes - Feedings occur every day, twice a day. A loaf of "Prison Slop" as it's called ingame, but it should sustain you. One of my favorite possible features is to implement disease within the sewers. That isn't in place yet, but the idea is that you will risk a chance of catching a fatal disease every time you go to work in the horrible conditions down there.

With RND, if you don't sleep in a bed, in a "Clean area" there is a chance for Disease... And if you have the sewer set up as a "dungeon" RND users will be getting diseases.

6 minutes ago, Deviljho-san said:

I'm curious if this would have the gameplay from the raven bleak prision mod?

No, I can tell you already by the description it does not. it has it's own works. - I had been working on Raven beak, and not making any headway in the regards to the approaches, or the NPCs being at the right place at the right times... So It's on a back burner, and with this mod, I would recommend it.

1 minute ago, Airianna said:

With RND, if you don't sleep in a bed, in a "Clean area" there is a chance for Disease... And if you have the sewer set up as a "dungeon" RND users will be getting diseases.

No, I can tell you already by the description it does not. it has it's own works.

aw kk i was hoping that i can rule that prison and make everyone even the guard my bitches.