ok to report a very strange bug   

when player has no bounty on them, between the hours of 7pm-12pm the pc is suddenly teleported to the prison right outside cell one and does the kneeling animation eventually followed with entering the cell forced walk. 

it doesnt really matter how time moves wheather it be naturally or sleeping or waiting she is automatically teleported there. also player retains the armor and weapons along with everything in the inventory if enters in this way when pc is not ment to be there

also anouther thing i have dde installed and solitary doesn't utalise the straight jackets. 

guard in solitary doesnt seem to take advantage of the pc while in solitary yard but rather just stands there doing nothing

i have some suggestions aswell 

1.if the pc manages to beat mia in the fight you could add contexts that other prominent prisoners would try to beat the pc down to the same end result.

2. each prisoner owned by a select big boss (mia,angel etc) should have a unique devious device signalling tht a certain person owns tht person so mia would have pony boots and angel would have restrictive boots and so forth

3. maybe some dialog with the guards options to snitch or make potential deals for a mule to smuggle in contraband.

4.filling up the other cells would be prudent  

5.the ability to own your own prisoners(tho this isnt important)

On 10/18/2018 at 9:05 PM, Stuker said:

New Save. Started as a member of the thieves guild in the Ragged Flagon. Tried to leave the door to the ratways and ended up in the Palace of Kings in Windhelm. Beat up a beggar outside to get me arrested. Works like a charm this time. But then things went south. Angel is invisible most of the time. Sexlab Defeat is an issue if you get beaten up by your cell mates, though this is not your fault.

I had no clue what to do during working shifts. Is there a possible way to gain some credits at all? Finally managed to get the chivel from Angel dispite her being invisible. Shift ended and P.M. inspection begun. I had to report in for caning of course, because I had no clue how to get credits... my little Analiel walked over to the smelter and there it ended. No caning animations started. I uninstalled the mod for now. Maybe I'll give it another try in some months but for now I think it isn't in a really enjoyable state.

to get work credits you need to hit the designated buttons usually you need to reset them in the mcm menu to work properly so just go in set the the buttons in the mcm then while on the outside of your  cell during work time just hit the key you chose for work related activities

On 10/22/2018 at 7:06 PM, Doobydoob said:

Can we expect an update with fixes?

Yes - as stated previously I was out of town a good 12 days on business, I'm back now and can start looking into some of the bugs. For obvious reasons (this has been well received on LL, but probably not to anyone else!) I don't develop this mod on a laptop and only have access to the development tools from a PC. The issues don't seem all that complicated - the hardest thing to fix is probably the teleportation issues. A few days at most.

Regarding the random teleportation bug:

I must say, I do love programming. I really do. But the cause of this bug was one missing condition on one of hundreds of AI packages, and that missing condition is the one that detects if the PC is a prisoner or not.

Needless to say, that's been fixed (internally). I'm going to throw in a few more fixes and such and drop the latest version soon.

Edit: Load door issues also fixed.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:05 PM, destroyer1012 said:

ok to report a very strange bug   

when player has no bounty on them, between the hours of 7pm-12pm the pc is suddenly teleported to the prison right outside cell one and does the kneeling animation eventually followed with entering the cell forced walk. 

it doesnt really matter how time moves wheather it be naturally or sleeping or waiting she is automatically teleported there. also player retains the armor and weapons along with everything in the inventory if enters in this way when pc is not ment to be there

also anouther thing i have dde installed and solitary doesn't utalise the straight jackets. 

guard in solitary doesnt seem to take advantage of the pc while in solitary yard but rather just stands there doing nothing

i have some suggestions aswell 

1.if the pc manages to beat mia in the fight you could add contexts that other prominent prisoners would try to beat the pc down to the same end result.

2. each prisoner owned by a select big boss (mia,angel etc) should have a unique devious device signalling tht a certain person owns tht person so mia would have pony boots and angel would have restrictive boots and so forth

3. maybe some dialog with the guards options to snitch or make potential deals for a mule to smuggle in contraband.

4.filling up the other cells would be prudent  

5.the ability to own your own prisoners(tho this isnt important)

I'm going to drop the straitjacket in favor of something else, without DD as a hard requirement i'd have to add a DDE soft dependency. I'm not very interested in doing that when I could simply use an alternative item. 

As for the other suggestions:

1 - The planned questline is that the PC becomes an "independent" prisoner and can retain her clothing, and would get additional perks with Mia as you have some power against her. If the community is more in favor of that option, I could implement yours instead. Might hold a poll once I fix the game-breaking bugs!

2 - You have to remember that this is prison, and although they have power, they would not have enough to 1) smuggle in a devious device and 2) make the guards allow them to put said DDs on other prisoners. I could do something more symbolic, that is more likely to work in this type of environment - such as a "bitch" prison tattoo.

3 - I'll probably implement this, I like it, but refer to my previous posts regarding a snitching system - TLDR it's complicated.

4 - I want to do this, but they'd be on a second shift while other inmates are sleeping. Doubling the number of AI packages running at once is never a good idea.

5 - Assuming the prisoner frees herself from Mia's rule, this would become a possibility. Maybe you could pay Mia in drugs in exchange for one of her bitches.

EDIT: ZaZ's implementation of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrew's_fiddle will replace the jacket.

On 10/26/2018 at 6:16 PM, SewerRats said:

Yes - as stated previously I was out of town a good 12 days on business, I'm back now and can start looking into some of the bugs. For obvious reasons (this has been well received on LL, but probably not to anyone else!) I don't develop this mod on a laptop and only have access to the development tools from a PC. The issues don't seem all that complicated - the hardest thing to fix is probably the teleportation issues. A few days at most.

Could i throw in an idea based on the "Player bitch" in the jail with Mia. Where she bullys the player around, giving them a degrading nickname that they have to live by. 

11 hours ago, Doobydoob said:

Could i throw in an idea based on the "Player bitch" in the jail with Mia. Where she bullys the player around, giving them a degrading nickname that they have to live by. 

That may be possible, i’ll have to play with the dialogue system and see if I can insert bits of text generated while playing. The dialogue system can be odd that way. 

I had some trouble during the inspections for credits. In several occasions my character kept wandering through the map without actually entering the door, after the inspection when you go down the sewers, most of the times this happened because other inmates got stuck between the door and also never entered it. At some point my character was finally teleported inside. But it took almost 3 minutes.

Another thing who happened in two other times: the guard responsible for beating the inmates who didn't fill their credit quota didn't spawn, the first time it took almost 2 minutes in real life for the guard to spawn, the second time it didn't spawn at all.

I also have problems to open my inventory and the cavity menu after the screen fades black because of some cutscene. For example, after using the shiv to get the chisel from Angel, the screen faded black and I was unable to access both my inventory and the cavity menu. I also had trouble opening it after the cavity inspection.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:02 AM, Takggyak said:

I had some trouble during the inspections for credits. In several occasions my character kept wandering through the map without actually entering the door, after the inspection when you go down the sewers, most of the times this happened because other inmates got stuck between the door and also never entered it. At some point my character was finally teleported inside. But it took almost 3 minutes.

Another thing who happened in two other times: the guard responsible for beating the inmates who didn't fill their credit quota didn't spawn, the first time it took almost 2 minutes in real life for the guard to spawn, the second time it didn't spawn at all.

I also have problems to open my inventory and the cavity menu after the screen fades black because of some cutscene. For example, after using the shiv to get the chisel from Angel, the screen faded black and I was unable to access both my inventory and the cavity menu. I also had trouble opening it after the cavity inspection.

This is mostly just a limitation of the AI packages (which, in retrospect, were the wrong way to control AI in this mod - I should've scripted almost everything - but i'm too far down that path now). My main focus in a future update would involve making the mod catch and react to these bugs quicker, it wouldn't be too much of an issue if it fixed itself in say, 10 seconds, as opposed to minutes. The doors may be too small, I might edit some meshes to make the passage itself bigger therefore eliminating the inmates hitting each other.

I haven't encountered the guard issue before - he should just walk over, not spawn in/teleport. I'll play a night of it tonight and see if I can replicate...

I can look into the cutscene, it probably is just a missing line or two. "enableplayercontrols" in the console and/or followed by remapping the cavity search key may be a temporary fix.

Update:

I've been doing a full playthru, making sure to get caught every once in a while (i've previously tested this on level one new characters, hence some of the undiscovered breaking bugs since i hadn't played for an entire day yet!) And am currently involved in the Thieves Guild/DB questlines. I personally would love to implement some type of system where these factions are integrated in some way, e.g, the guards eventually run a "sting" on the guild and lock you up for life if you hold a leadership position. And once you get down there, you get the notoriety of being a guild member and the immediate respect of all inmates in the prison. I can only start thinking about this once the rest of the prisoner questline is completed (as in, you can go to jail without being Mia's bitch), but this idea has definitely caught my attention recently. I feel like this has huge potential to be more then just a bounty-based crime mod, but I definitely want to have a full picture as to where I will go with that concept before I begin working on it.

Also, I would like to expand the drug system into the free world. Possibly a smuggler's guild of some sort. I feel like this really should be a mod of it's own, however. I will implement APIs to expand my drug system in a future update - if anyone wants to build this bit, please PM me!

Update #2:

I've decided on Skooming Skyrim (the Skooma dealing mod) as the basis for my first outside integration into Sewerrats. I'm developing a patch of sorts that will run on top of that mod with the intent to:

• Improve the mod's dealing system to utilize the vanilla Crime & Punishment mechanisms, so dealers can be sent to the sewers once caught.
  • Implementing the Sewerrats drugs into the mod, expanding it beyond Skooma.
  • Placing dealers in most cities, who can deal drugs to citizens like any other merchant.
  • Allowing the player to get directly involved in the smuggling and selling process. Once the player is a successful drug dealer, they will be offered smuggling quests into the prison.
  • Among other things. The intent is to bring the vices currently found within Prison to the outside world, eventually leading the player (and other NPCs) down the path to an ultimate end as an inmate in my prison.

This is a slightly longer-term project that will be released as an optional "Expansion". (MCM enabled feature instead)

Update 1.04:

- Added drug dealers to major cities [Done!]

- Most general-merchandise stores now offer cigarettes [Done!]

- DA now supported. [Done!]

- Prostitution is now a crime (this is not dependent on mods, it simply detects if money was transacted for sex near a guard or in public) [Done!]

- You can now become addicted to Crack and Cigarettes. You must use them or will suffer withdraw until you get off them by not using for a number of days [Done!]

- Prison chains lock onto you and cannot be removed

- Dependency-Free Amputator integration fixed

- Fixed chains in solitary

- Fixed bugs in solitary

- Fixed inmates falling into water/navmeshing issues (I think?)

- Fixed a bug where lifers would get time "added" to their sentence, which bugs the whole thing and results in immediate release.

Will update this post as development progresses.

On 11/9/2018 at 11:43 PM, phil01991 said:

This seems pretty cool. Think i could get it to work for da if i don't die? I might give it a shot

The next version will integrate/support DA, but yes, if you don't die, it works just fine. The issue happens when you die in prison- there are some globals, flags, quests etc that HAVE to be stopped or you will find yourself being TP'd back to prison even after you leave via DA. These items are stopped when you escape, get released, or die the vanilla way. Making this work for DA requires hooking into their events and manually stopping the mod, which is not implemented in 1.03.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:26 AM, phil01991 said:

Can i use this mod without amputations or death scene with da? Also would this be good with a heavy mod load order?

See above posts regarding DA. You can use it without amputations by either not installing or by disabling amputator (although it may not matter, i've heard reports that 1.03 broke the amputation features.)

3 hours ago, SewerRats said:

The next version will integrate/support DA, but yes, if you don't die, it works just fine. The issue happens when you die in prison- there are some globals, flags, quests etc that HAVE to be stopped or you will find yourself being TP'd back to prison even after you leave via DA. These items are stopped when you escape, get released, or die the vanilla way. Making this work for DA requires hooking into their events and manually stopping the mod, which is not implemented in 1.03.

Thank you. Ill wait for the next version than. Happy you made this. I love the mod this was based on. Pop is good, but i think ill like this one better.

DD framework always  breaks my game. Thank you for not building this mod evolved around DD. I have a question. Is there navmesh in in the cell block area? A lot of NPCs seem to get stuck inside the pool of water. They will never teleport to next stage point because even if they are programmed to, the game says no if an npc or pc is swimming, flying, or falling. I spent the biggest portion of my time using the far grip spell that comes with BBLS to fish npcs out of the water so they can get where they need to be for progression.

4 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

DD framework always  breaks my game. Thank you for not building this mod evolved around DD. I have a question. Is there navmesh in in the cell block area? A lot of NPCs seem to get stuck inside the pool of water. They will never teleport to next stage point because even if they are programmed to, the game says no if an npc or pc is swimming, flying, or falling. I spent the biggest portion of my time using the far grip spell that comes with BBLS to fish npcs out of the water so they can get where they need to be for progression.

I've noticed this as well while playing, the water is navmeshed (and marked as water properly) due to the fact that the water will be used as part of a smuggling quest in the future. The NPCs seem to fall in (obviously) in the areas where there is no fencing, I could probably modify the NavMesh to reduce this possibility or just fence off the entire thing. I've lost two inmates so far playing my own mod, when they fall into the water.

11 hours ago, Sarge Misfit said:

I'm guessing that this won't work with Prison Overhaul

It does not, the plan in the future is to have all bounties covered by some type of prison system such as:

• "Reform School" (run by the religious types)/Rehab for drug addicts and prostitutes.
  • Work Camp for low-level offenders.
  • Sewers for dangerous/violent criminals.
  • Death row for the worst.

Therefore, I do not plan to add compatibility as i'm circumventing the vanilla prisons anyway.

7 hours ago, SewerRats said:

It does not, the plan in the future is to have all bounties covered by some type of prison system such as:

• "Reform School" (run by the religious types)/Rehab for drug addicts and prostitutes.
  • Work Camp for low-level offenders.
  • Sewers for dangerous/violent criminals.
  • Death row for the worst.

Therefore, I do not plan to add compatibility as i'm circumventing the vanilla prisons anyway.

Prison Overhaul has two very nice perks. The first is a way to fix the 'stuck camera' bug you get with Skyrim/Sexlab

sometimes if an animation ends while in free cam mode with ZAZ animations. Restricting free cam to prevent

this has been done by some mod authors to deal with the problem, but that's a really fucking annoying method from

the end user's perspective.

The other perk is a bound pose system the user can initiate through the MCM which you can use to 'punish' your PC

a little more when she's been bad. The bound pose system will also fix the stuck camera bug automatically as long as

you leave the pose in third person. If you could figure out how to do this, or even just have a toggle in the MCM to

fix the camera, that would be a nice incentive to drop Prison Overhaul. I hate losing game progress because of a

stupid glitch.