Mortal Weapons & Armors

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Theres a reason for that but it may make a reappearance. 

Yea the mod has no way of knowing where the items are coming from. In that case they would be coming from 'None' which is the same as if you picked it up off the ground.

The duplicates on adding items I know about but don't know what causes it. If you want items to fit you can probably cheat by being in a crafting or shop menu while adding. 

I think I'll just go back to the previous version til some of the new hiccups are worked out lol

42 minutes ago, Yuuen said:

I think I'll just go back to the previous version til some of the new hiccups are worked out lol

Suit yourself. The duplicate bug is unlikely to be solved any time soon. Blame bethesda. It's something to do with AddItem() not firing events as they should.

@Corsayr

Can you try this version and see what happens. Keep a save: Mortal Weapons & Armor v0.33 Alpha (27-Feb-19).7z

I've built in a block cleanup function instead of spitting errors at you. Since you seem to be the only person that gets this error you're the only one that can test it really. 

Pick up stuff and keep an eye on 'sqv _MWA_PlayerInventoryAliases'. When you start hitting 36/37/38 keep a close eye on it. You'll probably trigger the clean up function at 39/40. Wait for it to finish. Then pick up some more stuff. You should then be up in the 40s - 41/42/43 etc, which should mean you're in the clear. If you could also test what happens if you drop back below 39 and see what happens. Drop some stuff from your inventory and wait a second or two then check in console again. Older aliases should now be empty and when you pick up something again it should fill the FIRST empty alias. 

I'm hoping it won't trigger the second time. I've still no idea why your game is different. 

22 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

it worked!

The only odd thing is that the 39 slot was left empty. I had like 118 things in my inventory before I ran out of things to put in my inventory. ?

Great. Still weird. Did you only get the clean up one time?

What about slot 79? Is that empty too?

Just some play through stats 

Running through Pinewatch MWA added 85 forms and 2 global variables and 1113 scripts 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.005562961c6c2acb4b26bb3486c443bd.png

Just in case too much information is never enough information; Here are some statistics, Post-install pre-mission on the left, and Post mission on the right. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.592c95a654dc118a5281c5d6027077b4.png

All in all not too crazy 

1113 Scripts will put it in the "higher than most" category for script count, but considering what it does... That was not an unexpected result.

For comparison 

Deviously Cursed Loot is 1184

Sexlab is 2701

Sexy Bandit Captive 716

Frostfall 727

6 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Great. Still weird. Did you only get the clean up one time?

What about slot 79? Is that empty too?

I don't think it was, I thought I got Screenshots of the list, but I conveniently skipped to part of the list with 79 on it. QQ

I'll go check brb! ?

I can tell you one thing for absolute certainty... It really really doesn't like it when you hit the take all button on a chest full of crap. ?

It may take a while to parse through all the stuff that is going on. I have moved to a new game test environment, I was seeing a lot of inconsistent behavior, and I wanted to rule out the installed on saved game issues that may be a factor. 

One thing I have noticed is if you grab several stacked items it tends to physically lose some of them, but they appear to get assigned aliases.

Spoiler

1600325211_Fawn-Skyrim2019-02-2709_46_38.thumb.png.aa265d7572d01d3aae447be68dba3547.png

in this image, you can see 7 aliases still tracking but I have nothing in my inventory except a couple of quest items. But I had grabbed 20 items and only got 12 and this is what it looks like after I put everything back. 

21 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

The tempering dialog hasn't been completed yet, it's just a placeholder for now. Personally I still use L&D for that.

You should be able to add immunity to the bandages through the mcm

Yeah I use L&d too that's fine. As for bandages that still doesn't mean it will be the right size for the right gender and weight. It also somehow starts to duplicate bandages instantly adding a dirty bandage into potions but still keeping it equipped.

Also, there's something weird about items breaking. For example at one moment I had steel gauntlets broken and broken 5 copies just yeeted across the entire dungeon. My steel sword had a durability of 31/31 ( tempered fine) it never updated then suddenly BAM it broke, I don't think I picked up the broken steel sword, but instead picked up a new steel sword from a corpse and it updated to 31/31 (tempered fine) ??? ?

Thanks for the feedback guys. The update should fix:

1 hour ago, Durante said:

As for bandages that still doesn't mean it will be the right size for the right gender and weight

2 hours ago, Durante said:

I had steel gauntlets broken and broken 5 copies just yeeted across the entire dungeon

3 hours ago, Corsayr said:

But I had grabbed 20 items and only got 12 and this is what it looks like after I put everything back. 

The rest of the stuff I will have to investigate when I have more time. 

For sounds you can use these from a Fallout 4 mod if the author approves: 

And will there be some kind of system like break undies? Where someone can add an armor and it's degraded meshes in the game, so your mod can switch the mesh depending on the armor status. For example if the armor is 20% degraded it breaks a little, if it's 90% degraded there is barely anything on you.

2 minutes ago, DzOnIxD said:

For sounds you can use these from a Fallout 4 mod if the author approves: 

And will there be some kind of system like break undies? Where someone can add an armor and it's degraded meshes in the game, so your mod can switch the mesh depending on the armor status. For example if the armor is 20% degraded it breaks a little, if it's 90% degraded there is barely anything on you.

Those sounds are already in for clothes tearing. 

A system like what you describe might come eventually but it will probably only be a 'not broken/broken state'. I just don't think there are enough armors out there that will do different meshes for 100/75/50/25% broken. 

18 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

A system like what you describe might come eventually but it will probably only be a 'not broken/broken state'. I just don't think there are enough armors out there that will do different meshes for 100/75/50/25% broken. 

I would be thankful for that too

Hey, one thing I noticed with the 0.34 version is that the outfit you get assigned by Alternate Start Live Another Life does not automatically fit me anymore.  This seemed to work in the 0.2x versions correctly. 

So far I've only tested this with the New Guild Member - College of Winterhold start

Edit:  Now that I think about it, I may have turned off Enable Suitibility until I was assigned my starting outfit.  So consider this a request to make it auto fit, if possible.

Edit 2:  Well, that didn't work.  Starter outfit and the outfit Mirabelle hands me still get suitability ratings, they just don't get enforced until I re-check Enable Suitability.

Edit 3:  Aargh, disabling the mod doesn't shut down suitability!!

6 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Hey, one thing I noticed with the 0.34 version is that the outfit you get assigned by Alternate Start Live Another Life does not automatically fit me anymore.  This seemed to work in the 0.2x versions correctly. 

So far I've only tested this with the New Guild Member - College of Winterhold start

Edit:  Now that I think about it, I may have turned off Enable Suitibility until I was assigned my starting outfit.  So consider this a request to make it auto fit, if possible.

Edit 2:  Well, that didn't work.  Starter outfit and the outfit Mirabelle hands me still get suitability ratings, they just don't get enforced until I re-check Enable Suitability.

Edit 3:  Aargh, disabling the mod doesn't shut down suitability!!

That never really bothered me since I usually go for the left for dead start. 

Some of the toggles might not work at the moment since like I said I basically ripped out the guts of the mod and started over. I think the AS problem will need specific code written for it. 

On 2/26/2019 at 6:27 PM, Monoman1 said:

Yup. It's an option. Under the 'Object destruction' options.

- Added options to enable damage for jewelry and daedric artifacts. Daedric artifacts will have serious durabilities. 

Very nice, looks like I should give this mod a try. ?

One more question though: Do all materials have different durability, or only daedric? And do you have plans to make those mcm customizable?

17 minutes ago, Siudhne said:

Very nice, looks like I should give this mod a try. ?

One more question though: Do all materials have different durability, or only daedric? And do you have plans to make those mcm customizable?

Yes all materials have different durability. They also have different degrade resistance, which slows down tempering degradation (but not durability I think). Currently you can not customize every material type. You can customize the base heavy/light/clothing durability but not the material type bonus. 

Adding that would mean a fucking ton of sliders as there are so many. It's also the reason why durability is cached on the mesh record. Too many keywords to check. 

Got around to testing your mod, very promising.

The one feature I'm missing from L&D (or Equipment Durability System) is for tempered equipment to break (without them degrading to 0 first - your legendary sword will probably break at some point even while sharpened to a legendary degree). Or did I miss that somewhere?

12 minutes ago, Siudhne said:

Got around to testing your mod, very promising.

The one feature I'm missing from L&D (or Equipment Durability System) is for tempered equipment to break (without them degrading to 0 first - your legendary sword will probably break at some point even while sharpened to a legendary degree). Or did I miss that somewhere?

That's not how the system in mwa works. Currently, tempering protects durability. And durability protects the item from breaking. 

Ok, so I tried this mod, because I've been gagging for a good armour break mod for ages now.  It's got a lot of potential, but I've run into three problems.

1: This mod works better when you're wearing gear with lots of pieces.  IE Bikini Armour.  The problem is, that when you lose armour, (combat rape, cursed loot, etc) it's a chore to put back on.  The obvious answer is to use SkyUI hotkeys to add favorite items.  Your mod changes the name of the items, though, so they lose their slot binding.  This renders SkyUI's hotkey functionality useless, as it relies on item names.  Compounded with the fact that items don't stack anymore, because they all have different names, it makes getting dressed a major chore.  

2: I ran into the same problem that @Corsayr did, where I would get the error box that wouldn't close.  Your fix worked, however, your alias detection keeps popping up whenever I loot a body, and tosses loot onto the ground.  What's worse, is my armour doesn't seem to be degrading anymore.  I've run an entire dungeon, let draugr take their day out on my poor character, popping healing potions like a junkie, and nothing.  No change to their stats.  I even tried uninstalling, and re-installing your mod on a clean save.  Same problem.

3: Your MCM settings don't seem to be holding true.  I add my bow to the immunity list, and it's good for a bit.  After awhile, (and i haven't been able to pinpoint what causes this) it starts degrading again, even though my bow is still listed on the immunity list.

I love the concept of this mod, and I know it's in alpha, and will take a lot of work to get it working.  Please don't take this as bitchy complaining.  I just want to see this thing work.

3 hours ago, nigwriter said:

1: This mod works better when you're wearing gear with lots of pieces.  IE Bikini Armour.  The problem is, that when you lose armour, (combat rape, cursed loot, etc) it's a chore to put back on.  The obvious answer is to use SkyUI hotkeys to add favorite items.  Your mod changes the name of the items, though, so they lose their slot binding.  This renders SkyUI's hotkey functionality useless, as it relies on item names.  

This isn't my problem. SkyUI favorites lose their hotkey assignment if the object changes container. With or without MWA. Objects also lose their hotkey AND their favorite status if the object is dropped. It's always been this way. There's only a single papyrus function for favorites and it isn't very useful at all. 

Compounded with the fact that items don't stack anymore, because they all have different names, it makes getting dressed a major chore.  

This is just something you'll have to live with. I went to great trouble to make the items NOT stack because if they did stack and you had 2 of the same items and one of them fit your character, was tempered and full durability and was the one you wanted to equip and the other was a piece of shit, Skyrim can not tell the difference. If Skyrim tried to equip the piece of shit first you'd be like "no, not that one. The other one". But no matter how many times you unequip and reequip it will still try to equip the bad one. So what you'd have to do is drop every object of the same type, pick up the one you want. Equip it. Then pick up all the other ones. You can see how tricky this is and why stacking would not be great. 

I ran into the same problem that @Corsayr did, where I would get the error box that wouldn't close.  Your fix worked, however, your alias detection keeps popping up whenever I loot a body, and tosses loot onto the ground.

The alias clean up should not be necessary. I need to figure out why it is. I got stuck once trying to pick up a shield but the message kept popping up. If this happens, dump some of the crap you're carrying into your follower and try again. This problem would have been a lot easier if there was a  'GetContainer' function in Skyrim (There is for fallout4 of course :S). I can not truly tell if the item has left your inventory when you have another object of the same type. Obviously this is not acceptable and I'll be trying to fix it. 

What's worse, is my armour doesn't seem to be degrading anymore.  I've run an entire dungeon, let draugr take their day out on my poor character, popping healing potions like a junkie, and nothing.  No change to their stats.  I even tried uninstalling, and re-installing your mod on a clean save.  Same problem.

Check the 'Equip status' in the mcm when that happens. If the worn list is accurate then items should degrade. Let me know if it's a case of A) the worn list is not accurate or B) the worn list is accurate but items still are not degrading. 

That will help me narrow down the problem. 

Edit: there is something funky going on with the degradation. I think the mod is bumping up the tempering whenever it's equipped. I'm looking into it now. 

Have you ever looked at this Powerofthree's Papyrus Extender

It adds some object reference functions... No get container of course but some fun looking things like

Spoiler

bool function IsLoadDoor(ObjectReference thisDoor) global native

function AddAllInventoryItemsToList(Actor thisActor, Formlist thisList, bool noEquipped = true, bool noFavourited = false, bool noQuestItem = false) global native

Form[] function AddAllInventoryItemsToArray(Actor thisActor, bool noEquipped = true, bool noFavourited = false, bool noQuestItem = false) global native

Form[] function AddAllEquippedItemsToArray(Actor thisActor) global native

anyway just a thought... 

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

Have you ever looked at this Powerofthree's Papyrus Extender

It adds some object reference functions... No get container of course but some fun looking things like

Reveal hidden contents

bool function IsLoadDoor(ObjectReference thisDoor) global native

function AddAllInventoryItemsToList(Actor thisActor, Formlist thisList, bool noEquipped = true, bool noFavourited = false, bool noQuestItem = false) global native

Form[] function AddAllInventoryItemsToArray(Actor thisActor, bool noEquipped = true, bool noFavourited = false, bool noQuestItem = false) global native

Form[] function AddAllEquippedItemsToArray(Actor thisActor) global native

anyway just a thought... 

Interesting but the 2 bottom ones return an array of forms, not ObjectReferences. I'd be extremely surprised if the 2nd one filled the list with ObjRefs. Probably forms as well I'd imagine. 

17 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

This isn't my problem. SkyUI favorites lose their hotkey assignment if the object changes container. With or without MWA. Objects also lose their hotkey AND their favorite status if the object is dropped. It's always been this way. There's only a single papyrus function for favorites and it isn't very useful at all. This is just something you'll have to live with. I went to great trouble to make the items NOT stack because if they did stack and you had 2 of the same items and one of them fit your character, was tempered and full durability and was the one you wanted to equip and the other was a piece of shit, Skyrim can not tell the difference. If Skyrim tried to equip the piece of shit first you'd be like "no, not that one. The other one". But no matter how many times you unequip and reequip it will still try to equip the bad one. So what you'd have to do is drop every object of the same type, pick up the one you want. Equip it. Then pick up all the other ones. You can see how tricky this is and why stacking would not be great. 

The alias clean up should not be necessary. I need to figure out why it is. I got stuck once trying to pick up a shield but the message kept popping up. If this happens, dump some of the crap you're carrying into your follower and try again. This problem would have been a lot easier if there was a  'GetContainer' function in Skyrim (There is for fallout4 of course :S). I can not truly tell if the item has left your inventory when you have another object of the same type. Obviously this is not acceptable and I'll be trying to fix it. 

Check the 'Equip status'

Firstly, the new items do not show up under equip status.  Equip status appears to be on a few (not all) items of the previous set.  Interestingly, one of the items listed, is an item that I added to the immunity list  So the item is listed on both equip status and immunity list at the same time.  I'm interested to see which one wins out.  I'm going to start a new game to see if the problem persists.

To your first point, I get what you're saying with stacking.  That's a fair point and I can see how it's a necessary function.  The clutter aspect of my inventory is something I can deal with.  However, wouldn't a more efficient answer be to just assign a static tag to equipment up entering inventory?  IE, Iron Armor 1 Iron Armor 2, or even the gender and size tags of Iron Gloves f30, Iron Gloves m50.  You could keep track of the degradation via the MCM.  

Yes, SkyUI favorites lose their assignment on dropping, but they retain their hotkey assignments if you favorite them again.  If my bikini armour faceguard is dropped, then I just pick it up, equip it, hit F to favorite it, and it'll automatically go back to its associated hotkey assignments.  This doesn't happen, if the name changes every time you exit combat.  I'm not trying to argue.  Honestly.  This mod has MASSIVE potential.  This site has a multitude of mods that get your character undressed, which means there are a multitude of reasons you character needs to get redressed.  I just don't want to see a mod that fills such a huge void, like this one does, get put into people's "Fun, but not practical" category.  

4 hours ago, nigwriter said:

Oh hey, I appreciate the feedback don't get me wrong. I was a bit short yesterday as I was short on time. Keep it coming. 

Firstly, the new items do not show up under equip status.  Equip status appears to be on a few (not all) items of the previous set.  Interestingly, one of the items listed, is an item that I added to the immunity list  So the item is listed on both equip status and immunity list at the same time.  I'm interested to see which one wins out.  I'm going to start a new game to see if the problem persists.

I'm going to look at the equip list again today. Thought this crap was behind me.

The immunity thing I'd say is a bug. I will have to add a worn list cleanup check on adding immunity. Conversely, I'll have to add a check on every equip slot on removing immunity, which should also help with the equip list issue. I've already added some other fixes to immunity in my version. 

However, wouldn't a more efficient answer be to just assign a static tag to equipment up entering inventory?  IE, Iron Armor 1 Iron Armor 2, or even the gender and size tags of Iron Gloves f30, Iron Gloves m50.  You could keep track of the degradation via the MCM.  

Perhaps. Personally I like to be able to see the durability in my inventory rather than plodding through the Mcm. My character still can't temper iron armor at level 5. As well as that, you would not believe the complications there are with getting a normal, unmodified string for the object name. Skyrim returns all sorts of random shit like names without capitals. Caps in the middle of a string etc. Fs I had to create an exception in the name script for 'Gloves' coming out as 'GLoves'. And there are still issues with things like 'pickaxe'. It's beyond irritating! ?

But I might separate the naming function into it's own script and give it states. Like

1. '(Durability/Max Durability, Fit)'

2. '(Max Durability, Fit)

3. (Fit)

4. Off

We'll see. 

5 hours ago, nigwriter said:

Yes, SkyUI favorites lose their assignment on dropping, but they retain their hotkey assignments if you favorite them again.  If my bikini armour faceguard is dropped, then I just pick it up, equip it, hit F to favorite it, and it'll automatically go back to its associated hotkey assignments.  This doesn't happen, if the name changes every time you exit combat.  I'm not trying to argue.  Honestly.  This mod has MASSIVE potential.  This site has a multitude of mods that get your character undressed, which means there are a multitude of reasons you character needs to get redressed.  I just don't want to see a mod that fills such a huge void, like this one does, get put into people's "Fun, but not practical" category.  

You'll have to double check this. I just checked with basically no mods and if

A) An object is dumped into another container. It will still be a favorite. But it's hotkey assignment will be lost. 

B) An object is dropped to the ground. It will NOT be a favorite and also lose it's hotkey assignment even after making it a favorite again. 

But look. All of this is moot really. Like I said earlier. There's only a single papyrus function for favorites and it's basically worthless: 

bool Function IsObjectFavorited(Form form) global native
  • Returns rather the base form is favorited by the player or not.

The fact that it's runs on a form and not an object reference means I couldn't even tell if the object you dropped was favorited or if the other object of the same type still in your inventory was the favorite. But that's it. No 'AssignAsFavorite' function. No 'AssignHotkey' function. So until SKSE/SkyUI implement such features (which lets face it, isn't going to happen) my hands are tied. But believe me. I DO understand your frustration at this. 

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

A) An object is dumped into another container. It will still be a favorite. But it's hotkey assignment will be lost. 

B) An object is dropped to the ground. It will NOT be a favorite and also lose it's hotkey assignment even after making it a favorite again. 

This is the behavior that I see using SKYUI.