Mortal Weapons & Armors

1 hour ago, Lugubrious0ne said:

I'd like to go ahead and second this.

That's funny. Because when I tried it I couldn't get above 40 fps. And that was without any mods at all. Even staring at the floor. Obviously something wrong but the whole thing put me off. That and the 1500+ mods (Not a typo) I'd need to bring over. 

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

That's funny. Because when I tried it I couldn't get above 40 fps. And that was without any mods at all. Even staring at the floor. Obviously something wrong but the whole thing put me off. That and the 1500+ mods (Not a typo) I'd need to bring over. 

Yeah, I had a similar experience about a year ago when I tried it. Gave it up as a lost cause. But I must have screwed something up, because this time I loosely followed the predcaliber guide and the 'Phoenix Flavour' guide (before adding my own choices) and the results are just stunning.

There has been zero fussing around with enblocal and memory fixes. Saving takes under a second. Cell transitions in less than half the time. And I've upscaled almost every single texture to the maximum I could find anywhere, and even with Rembrandt ENB running, we have yet to CTD or drop below 60FPS. This is on a GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 and i5-8600, so definitely a beefy setup. But still.

It's sad, but the only facet of modding that seems to be behind the curve for me is loverslab. Everything I liked from the nexus is available, and I feel like the busier mods are benefiting a lot from x64 power. And I've definitely got a lot of the LL content I like (shoot me for this, but CBPC is not a bad substitute for HDT). I loved my oldrim LL setup dearly, but even with the slower release of mods for SSE for this site, I've never been more excited to play and mod Skyrim.

It's a bit of a pain in the butt and a big time investment though, so 100% understand not wanting to switch. I wouldn't have done it at all, but the island where I live was stormbound for 3 days so eh.

13 hours ago, waiyan said:

The tempered weapons don't degrade anymore upon being used once they reach basic level. Time degradation works on them though. Is this the way intended for degradation of tempered weapons?

Nope. That shouldn't happen. You sure it's not just really slow? 

Set attack degradation to it's highest and take a few swings to test. 

Sorry if any of these have already been said, but I'm getting a few bugs pretty frequently. One is when the boots will break they sometimes aren't cleared off the equipped list, so it just keeps breaking them until I go and manually clear the list. Another is if i try to equip something but the slot already has something in it and that item is not removable for whatever reason, MWA will still record the item I tried to equip as equipped even when it isn't. Then there's this other weird one where if I have any shoes/boots that use HDT Highheels, even if i'm not wearing them, if I temper my armor at a workbench, the High heel effect just stops working and I just have to get another pair for it to work again.

Other than that the mod is great, it does most things that always felt missing from the other durability mods. Though will the whole dropping to update thing always be the way it does it?

1 hour ago, Yuuen said:

Sorry if any of these have already been said, but I'm getting a few bugs pretty frequently. One is when the boots will break they sometimes aren't cleared off the equipped list, so it just keeps breaking them until I go and manually clear the list. Another is if i try to equip something but the slot already has something in it and that item is not removable for whatever reason, MWA will still record the item I tried to equip as equipped even when it isn't. Then there's this other weird one where if I have any shoes/boots that use HDT Highheels, even if i'm not wearing them, if I temper my armor at a workbench, the High heel effect just stops working and I just have to get another pair for it to work again.

I'm aware of most of these. The hdt one is interesting. I've not seen it myself but I converted most of my boots to nio heels. I'll check it out when I can. 

Unfortunately dropping is probably here to stay. You can thank Bethesda as there is only 2 ways of getting an object reference (That I'm aware of). Object references are necessary because otherwise I would not be able to distinguish one steel sword from another steel sword for example.

1. DropObject() which obviously isn't great or 

2. PlaceAt() which would create a new item but that's worse because any player made enchantment would have to be copied over too. 

Tempering uses GetItemHealthPercent() which is also an issue. As the items health doesn't appear to get updated until dropped which seems like a very odd oversight by Bethesda.

I am hoping to reduce the amount of dropping done though. There are currently some annoying bugs that need to get ironed out that contribute to this. 

16 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I'm aware of most of these. The hdt one is interesting. I've not seen it myself but I converted most of my boots to nio heels. I'll check it out when I can. 

Unfortunately dropping is probably here to stay. You can thank Bethesda as there is only 2 ways of getting an object reference (That I'm aware of). Object references are necessary because otherwise I would not be able to distinguish one steel sword from another steel sword for example.

1. DropObject() which obviously isn't great or 

2. PlaceAt() which would create a new item but that's worse because any player made enchantment would have to be copied over too. 

Tempering uses GetItemHealthPercent() which is also an issue. As the items health doesn't appear to get updated until dropped which seems like a very odd oversight by Bethesda.

I am hoping to reduce the amount of dropping done though. There are currently some annoying bugs that need to get ironed out that contribute to this. 

I really need to do that Nio heels switch but I've go so many merged armor mods it'd take forever, so i guess I'm stuck with it for now.

As far as I know Loot and Degradation doesn't use dropping, have you tried asking the author? I don't know if they pack the source files with it otherwise I'd probably say check that.

There's also Equipment Durability System, I don't use that one so I can't say for sure but it doesn't seem to mention it. I don't explicitly know what kind of setup you're using but since you're saying it's a bethesda problem, can I assume you're only using vanilla functions for the object ref? Maybe SKSE has your answer?

I'm still relatively new to skyrim coding so I'm sorry if I'm asking/saying some stupid or obvious stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mod is amazing, but there is a way to keep the original names of the items? I am using World's Dawn and it is a very cool mod, distributes enchanted stuff and gives them RPG names in Diablo style - like the Icy greatsword of deadly doom etc. With this mod it turns into Steel greatsword.

Any solutions to keep the names but display durability as well?

1 hour ago, Metaton said:

Mod is amazing, but there is a way to keep the original names of the items? I am using World's Dawn and it is a very cool mod, distributes enchanted stuff and gives them RPG names in Diablo style - like the Icy greatsword of deadly doom etc. With this mod it turns into Steel greatsword.

Any solutions to keep the names but display durability as well?

Currently you can turn off name changing in the Mcm but then you won't get the durabilities displayed and would have to check the Mcm to find out what all your equipment durability is. 

I'm going to try to fix this next version. 

Is there any way to keep weapons in your favorite? 

Every time i boot up Skyrim..  Seems like Mortal Weapons forgets my armor/weapon durability and redrops (then immediately picks back up) those items I attempt to equip.

It's not really a biggie since I use a hotkey manager.. Buuuuut it interferes with Equipment Overhaul mechanics

Just now, MayDayCray said:

Is there any way to keep weapons in your favorite? 

Every time i boot up Skyrim..  Seems like Mortal Weapons forgets my armor/weapon durability and redrops (then immediately picks back up) those items I attempt to equip.

It's not really a biggie since I use a hotkey manager.. Buuuuut it interferes with Equipment Overhaul mechanics

Yea I know about this and it bugs the shit out of me too. I THINK I have a solution. Or at least something that should reduce it significantly. Have a look at my patreon page for details. 

3 hours ago, MayDayCray said:

Can you plug it for me? 

Can't sorry. Phone only atm. 

Links in my sig. The post should be public.

EDIT 2: The following stuff is in my Development version. Not the current version posted here. Just to be clear.

Edit: here's the post

- Overhaul of how ObjectReferences are obtained. New system is more fluid, less noticeable and more reliable. Far less dropping objects (done, needs scaling and stress testing)

- Objects pulled from containers and the world will be initialized with random durabilities and gender/size fit. Everything was made to fit someone. (Done, working)

- Armors bought from shops will have full durability and will fit you. (Done, working)

- Added options to enable damage for jewelry and daedric artifacts. Daedric artifacts will have serious durabilities (done, need to check durability)

- Fixed armor randomly changing fit (Done)

- Workaround for stupid Skyrim returning strings starting with a lower case when there's no whitespace within -> object displayed names bug. (Done)

- Durability caching is now attached to the ARMA meaning ARMOs that share an ARMA (Base armors + enchanted versions for eg.) will share the same value = More efficient + less data + more cache hits = faster operation. Only works for armors as weapons don't have ARMA records (Done)

- Support for dual wielding the same form (Working, needs testing)

- Fixed worn list becoming corrupted (hopefully) (Needs stress testing)

- Torches are no longer indestructible shields. They now have a very high chance to break on a single hit. You'll be lucky to get 2/3 blocks out of one. (Done)

- Added an 'Instincts' style lesser power. When used it will cause nearby armors/weapons to glow (blue - armors, red - weapons) (Done)

- Completed blacksmith/dialogue to fix up specific objects (instead of just everything you're wearing) (Done)

- Tailers/Blacksmiths can now increase the maximum durability of an object. So if you find something you like but it's got a low durability it can be upgraded. It will get more expensive each time it's upgraded. (Not done yet)

- Fixed search boxes not terminating appropriately (Not done yet) 

- Dropped armor/weapons will automatically glow when you enter its search box outside of combat (Just coded, needs testing)

- Added API (mainly for milk addict). Send ModEvents to damage armor in a particular slot - MA clothes ripping (Just coded, needs testing). 

- Find a way of not dropping objects after tempering (not done yet)

- Fix dynamically enchanted items being renamed as akBaseObject (new)

• 2 weeks later...

https://vimeo.com/318884209

So work on MWAs update goes well. I've overcome several major obstacles. There's one big one left and that's dropping after tempering. In the mean time here is a video I made while testing some new things (apologies for the horrible compression. I don't know what I'm doing): 

- Weapon specialization. Bladed weapons do extra damage to clothing and light armor. Maces/warhammers do extra damage to heavy armor. Axes/Battleaxes have a chance to do extra damage to all types of armors. 

- Magic damage. Fire spells do extra damage to clothing and light armor. Ice spells do extra damage to heavy armor and lightning spells have a chance to do extra damage to both. The ice mage in the video is particularly nasty and shreds my armor very quickly. 

- Improvements to the object recovery system. They now glow if you're in the search box as combat ends. If you leave the box and re-enter and the object is too far from where it was broken it will be teleported back. Notice how some of the damaged armors move as I re-enter the search box. The distance will be configurable. 

- For this test I disabled the normal sequencing of hit events. Normally hits are processed one at a time which means hits close together normally wouldn't count. This is so the worn list doesn't get corrupted but even with sequencing disabled the new tracking system accuracy appears to be spot on. It's also quite funny how quickly my characters armor disintegrated. Disabling sequencing may become an option. I haven't decided yet. 

- Stagger and breaking sounds on object destruction. 

Things not shown in the video are containers and world objects being initialized with a durability and fit. 

Edit: Spoiler tags are really fucking weird here lately.

26 minutes ago, MayDayCray said:

? So funny how they beat the clothes off of her. I'm so excited for the update. 

Will there be degradation and destruction of NPCs armor/clothes and weapons? I'd love to break a sword from someone's hand or helmet on someone's head. ?

Not initially at least. Lets get the player side of things right before we go there. I'm not opposed to the idea it's just made more complicated by the fact that npcs use 'outfits'. 

I've just been doing a brief playtest and it looks good.

One thing I was wondering, my armour is tempered at Superior and after only a hit or two it drops to Fine which in effect devalues the Smithing/Temper value initially applied. I was wondering (and it may not be feasible, I don't know) if the degrade could start at the top end of the temper level rather than the bottom end, so that it would stay at Superior until that level was exhausted. In this case put another way it would in effect be Exquisite -1 to be at the top end of Superior so that you get the full use of that temper level.

Hope this makes sense

9 hours ago, Slorm said:

I've just been doing a brief playtest and it looks good.

One thing I was wondering, my armour is tempered at Superior and after only a hit or two it drops to Fine which in effect devalues the Smithing/Temper value initially applied. I was wondering (and it may not be feasible, I don't know) if the degrade could start at the top end of the temper level rather than the bottom end, so that it would stay at Superior until that level was exhausted. In this case put another way it would in effect be Exquisite -1 to be at the top end of Superior so that you get the full use of that temper level.

Hope this makes sense

Yea, I know about this. Super technical explanation incoming: The problem initially was how bethesda implemented tempering. Object health ranges and the tempering names skyrim applies automatically in those ranges:

1.0 -> 1.099999 = Nothing

1.1 -> 1.1999999 = Fine

1.2 -> 1.2999999 = superior

So if you tempered something to superior lets say then it would go to 1.2 NOT 1.29999. So as soon as the object takes damage it drops to 1.19xxxx -> Fine. 

I don't mean to get too technical but talking through this help explain it to myself as well and what could be done to stop it. So really what I need to do is when something is tempered (which is currently very difficult to detect) I need to bump it's health up to just below the next level so that you get the full range. But then I also need to move the 'tempering floor' to 1.09999 because if something is tempered to the 'new' fine (1.1999) then it would have double the range of every other level to reach 1.0. See. Simples. ?

Alpha version up. 

I tested it for a few hours last night. Seems fine mostly. It took me an hour and a half of playing to find clothes that I could wear. In the end I got them in a really novel way (for Skyrim). I bought them. From a merchant. Crazy stuff. 

A couple of known issues so far:

Some tempered items on dead npcs being named 'Whatever (Fine) (Fine) (Fine)'. Object is fixed when it's picked up so it's not a big deal. 

Female only type clothing being initialized as for males only. Stuff like heels, bras etc. Don't know what to do about this yet. I suspect it won't be worth doing anything about really. Checking every object for matching strings would probably add to much processing. I'll think about it. 

Oh and items given to you on a new game probably won't fit you. Oh well :P

Full changelog:

- Overhaul of how ObjectReferences are obtained. New system is more fluid, less noticeable and more reliable. Far less dropping objects. 

- Added Container scanner and world object scanner to initialize objects in the world into MWA before you interact with them. You'll be able to see their durability and fit before you pick them up. You can disable them if you wish. 
- Objects pulled from containers and the world will be initialized with random durabilities and gender/size fit. Everything was made to fit someone. 
- Armors bought from shops will have full durability and will fit you. Don't mind the durabilities in the shop menu. They'll be fine in your inventory. I can not find a way to determine if a container belongs to a shop.
- Added options to enable damage for jewelry and daedric artifacts. Daedric artifacts will have serious durabilities. 
- Added weapon specializations. Different weapon types are more effect against certain armor types. Blades are more effective against clothes and light armor. Maces and warhammers are very effective against your heavy armor. Axes have a chance to do extra damage to all armor types. 
- Added magic armor degradation. And of course different magic types are better against certain armors. Fire for Clothing and light armor, ice for heavy armor and lightning has a chance to do extra damage to both.
- Weapons aren't designed for blocking. If using a weapon to block it will take more damage depending on what you're hit with. Blocking a warhammer with a dagger isn't a good idea. Two handed weapons and shields take a little less damage from blocking. 
- Durability caching is now attached to the ARMA for armors and the STATIC record for weapons meaning objects that share a mesh (Base armors + enchanted versions for eg.) will share the same value = More efficient + less data + more cache hits = faster operation. 
- Support for dual wielding the same form. 
- Fixed worn list becoming corrupted (Hopefully).
- Torches are no longer indestructible shields. They now have a very high chance to break on a single hit. You'll be lucky to get 2/3 blocks out of one. 
- Added an 'Instincts' style lesser power. When used it will cause nearby armors/weapons to glow (blue - armors, red - weapons). 
- Completed blacksmith/dialogue to fix up specific objects (instead of just everything you're wearing). 
- Added 'Detect Equipment' lesser power. Using it will cause dropped armors/weapons and broken objects to glow. They'll also have a smokey aura to help you find them. Moving will remove the effect. 
- Dropped armor/weapons will automatically glow when you enter its search box outside of combat. Objects that fly too far from where they broke will be moved back when you re-enter it's search box. This will hopefully stop most objects falling through the floor too. Added setting to the MCM for how far an object can go before being teleported back. 
- Made refitting armor more expensive than buying the armor from a shop by default. This is to encourage only refitting items you really like and increase the rarity of usable armor. Also added option to disable tempering refitting armors (you didn't think it'd be that easy)
- Fixed dynamically enchanted items being renamed as akBaseObject.
- Fixed broken dynamically enchanted objected being renamed as 'Damaged + GetBaseObject()'
- Fixed cell change detect mechanism would sometimes stop working. 
- Tailors now actually have clothes to sell.
- Objects won't be dropped when tempered any more. Worn objects will have their durabilitys restored when tempered but objects not worn will only have their durability refreshed when they are equipped. Sorry but ObjRef.GetItemHealthPercent() does not return an updated value. 
- Removed 'basic' tempering and bumped tempering health increases up to just before the next tempering level to give you a full range of tempering deterioration. 
- Degrade over time now takes into account how much time has passed while waiting/sleeping. Also degrades your shield and takes into account degrade resistance. 
- Tailers/Blacksmiths can now increase the maximum durability of an object. So if you find something you like but it's got a low durability it can be upgraded. The further it gets from it's base durability the more expensive it gets. Don't go too crazy spending tons of gold upgrading one object as the information can be lost if the object hasn't been in your inventory for a long time. 
- Added API (mainly for milk addict). Send ModEvents to damage armor in a particular slot - MA clothes ripping. 
- Added sounds for object breaking and clothes tearing. Also added female 'grunts' on armor break and surprise gasps on body slot armor break. 

- Workaround for stupid Skyrim returning strings starting with a lower case when there's no whitespace within -> object displayed names bug. 

- Fixed search boxes not terminating appropriately (I think). 

- Fixed armor randomly changing fit. 

- Lots of little tweaks and refinements I've forgotten.