Mortal Weapons & Armors

Guest AthenaESIV

This mod works for me really well, thanks for putting it together it is great! Look forward to seeing some updates!

Do you ever plan to tie it into other LL mods or possibly have an addon? Maybe make it so certain Devious Devices can be cut off in combat? Or NPC interactions? Writing this I imagine the answer is no but I had to ask :P

11 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

This mod works for me really well, thanks for putting it together it is great! Look forward to seeing some updates!

Do you ever plan to tie it into other LL mods or possibly have an addon? Maybe make it so certain Devious Devices can be cut off in combat? Or NPC interactions? Writing this I imagine the answer is no but I had to ask :P

I plan on handing object destruction over from milk addict to MWA but I'm open to other tie-ins but I don't like the idea of messing with DDs. Too much to go wrong I feel.

What sort of Npc interactions had you got in mind? 

6 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

, I got a weird glitch where my crossbow wouldn't shoot, and my ax was acting like it was just punching with a bare hand. 

I can't say I've ever seen that. Did unequipping and reequip not sort it out?

It is possible (I think) to do things like that with SetWeaponType(), but that's not a function you'll find anywhere in MWA scripts. 

18 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I can't say I've ever seen that. Did unequipping and reequip not sort it out?

It is possible (I think) to do things like that with SetWeaponType(), but that's not a function you'll find anywhere in MWA scripts. 

Re-equipping did not work. I eventually fixed it by reinstalling MWA.  

Guest AthenaESIV
4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I plan on handing object destruction over from milk addict to MWA but I'm open to other tie-ins but I don't like the idea of messing with DDs. Too much to go wrong I feel.

What sort of Npc interactions had you got in mind? 

Just simple stuff that brings SL and LL mods more into the fold as far as gameplay goes... Im not really sure tbh, maybe losing all armor triggers a link to another mod or something? It just seems like there are so many mods that do their thing really well but don't mesh together (not that I expect them to, would just be a great feature). 

Also it would be awesome if there were other ways to refit armor and repair it in the field... That Im not sure either - maybe a consumable kit or a skill that works like a spell and brings up a dummy dialog with a fake NPC? Maybe field repairs and refits give a penalty to armor raiting or something, I dunno, lol.

I'm honestly not too concerned about these ideas, just looking forward to seeing how you keep this great mod going and to see if you make anything else also, mods that work as advertised are always great to see!

• 2 weeks later...

i have a problem, could be just my game, or the intention, but when i swing my weapon (even if it doesnt hit anything) 1 whole durability point is lost (also when i use standard settings) wich is really weird and annoying. I wanted to uninstall it becouse this just doesnt work for me, but i do really like the refiting aspect - one of the things i have always wanted in this game. anyone have any ideas on how to fix my problem or work around it? following the descriptions of the options in the mcm menu it looks like it should take like 800 hits until it breaks... i'm lost

On 12/10/2018 at 10:00 PM, florisvideler said:

i have a problem, could be just my game, or the intention, but when i swing my weapon (even if it doesnt hit anything) 1 whole durability point is lost (also when i use standard settings) wich is really weird and annoying. I wanted to uninstall it becouse this just doesnt work for me, but i do really like the refiting aspect - one of the things i have always wanted in this game. anyone have any ideas on how to fix my problem or work around it? following the descriptions of the options in the mcm menu it looks like it should take like 800 hits until it breaks... i'm lost

Tempering degradation is not the same as durability. Tempering protects durability.

As for degrading without hitting anything. It's for simplicity by design. I've thought about adding hit detection (and I still might add it as an option) but I think I'd have to detect when the player changes cell, then every time you do change cell I'd have to cast a cloak, and then run OnHit on every actor in the area. And if that sounds like a lot you'd be right. It is a lot for what it would accomplish. I can't speak for anyone else but I don't go around swinging my weapon at nothing anyway so it's not a big deal for me. And of course bows degrade whether or not you hit something anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Ideas...

1. You were asking about sound ideas, I have used the Combat Strip Lite sound replacer. It is amazing, and well worth checking out.

2. Enemy armour random breakage, 5% chance for enemies armour to unequip, when hit. Random item of armour, so you don't have to track a ton of armours. Long battles could leave you fighting naked enemies. Making battles have more tactical outcomes.

3. Sharp weapons have a higher chance of damaging cloth and leather, blunt weapons have a higher chance of breaking hard armours, like metal, glass, etc...

Flames damage leather, to a high degree...

Just some ideas... I personally like the combat strip lite sounds. :)

4 hours ago, Krazyone said:

3. Sharp weapons have a higher chance of damaging cloth and leather, blunt weapons have a higher chance of breaking hard armours, like metal, glass, etc...

Flames damage leather, to a high degree...

That sounds a really good idea, makes the mod much more immersive and combat more tactical (like when dealing with Mages)

15 hours ago, Slorm said:

That sounds a really good idea, makes the mod much more immersive and combat more tactical (like when dealing with Mages)

Yeah... that modded Bikini with 100 armour, could go up like tissue paper. When fighting a fire Dragon, leaving you with a naked fight on your hands.

I tend to fight fire Dragons, whilst in the nearest water source, if possible. With flammable equipment, it could be a necessity. Dampness, is your friend, when fighting fiery enemies... :smile: 

Absolutely love the idea of this mod and the way it handles durability and breakage over L&D. I'm also a big fan of some of the features like the looting npcs/repair kits/enemy tempered loot/enchanted items offered in L&D. Has anyone experimented with using these mods together by disabling the breakage/degradation part of L&D in favor of this mods? 

Happy to be the guinea pig on a duped save and report back if not. Cheers.

6 minutes ago, EnsoEliadon said:

Absolutely love the idea of this mod and the way it handles durability and breakage over L&D. I'm also a big fan of some of the features like the looting npcs/repair kits/enemy tempered loot/enchanted items offered in L&D. Has anyone experimented with using these mods together by disabling the breakage/degradation part of L&D in favor of this mods? 

Happy to be the guinea pig on a duped save and report back if not. Cheers.

I still use l&d for the things you mentioned. Not sure about repair kits though. I've never used them believe it or not. You're right, you can just disable degradation in l&d.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 3:00 AM, Monoman1 said:

Tempering degradation is not the same as durability. Tempering protects durability.

As for degrading without hitting anything. It's for simplicity by design. I've thought about adding hit detection (and I still might add it as an option) but I think I'd have to detect when the player changes cell, then every time you do change cell I'd have to cast a cloak, and then run OnHit on every actor in the area. And if that sounds like a lot you'd be right. It is a lot for what it would accomplish. I can't speak for anyone else but I don't go around swinging my weapon at nothing anyway so it's not a big deal for me. And of course bows degrade whether or not you hit something anyway.

yeah, i get that its not really a possibility in that way, but what about if there is a simpler way, like giving the option to up the standard durability to like 100 without temering, or something like that. idk, i'm not demanding anything you know but this mod is jsut such an awsome idea. and also almost every item that  find has a durability of 1, that seems quite unlikely to me as a soldier will of course take care of his weapon. but anyways, thank you for making this mods idea a reality always wanted something like this in a game.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:13 PM, MayDayCray said:

Monoman.. What do you think about armor or weapons (when blocking) having a chance to break for NPCs?

Or NPCs getting their weapon knocked outta their hands when they run outta stamina while blocking a power attack? 

i like that 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:37 PM, Monoman1 said:

Possibly. But I want to hammer out the bugs first.

I'd like to go ahead and second this.

I have been a stalwart defender of Legendary for so long, but...last week I had some time off. I made a massive modlist and started SSE. And my God. ENB and 4k everything, and I'm solid as a rock 70FPS in Whiterun, with not a stutter nor a CTD to be found, even with 473 total plugins (merged ofc). My similar modlist with far inferior visuals in Legendary chugged along around 40FPS, and I would rage-quit the game for weeks because no matter what I did, memory limitations would always crash me eventually. There is so much amazing content for SSE, and the superior performance and stability of the game just blew me away.

I sorely miss your mods though! Your tweaks collection, and especially MWA, are absolutely outstanding. I've not yet tried to port anything and I'm hesitant because I have no knowledge of these things. But if I could have one mod from Legendary in my new setup, it would be this one.

EDIT: Don't take this as nagging! ❤️