Mortal Weapons & Armors

On 9/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, Silvain said:

Huh, then maybe it is unhidden now?

image.jpeg

Early days yet. Still loads to integrate. 

I've compared the various versions of HM - LE/SE/AE/VR. It seems the only difference is the SKSE plugin. So I should be able to create an FoMod to manage installation...

On 9/16/2022 at 6:11 PM, Monoman1 said:

I've compared the various versions of HM - LE/SE/AE/VR. It seems the only difference is the SKSE plugin. So I should be able to create an FoMod to manage installation...

Sounds good. Let's pray this will be the only neceassary step.

Sadly I haven't had the time to test. Some stuff came up that is serious trouble. Not much progress with the patcher because of that as well. Though I hope I can get a bit of time for distraction soon.

2 hours ago, Silvain said:

Let's pray this will be the only neceassary step.

After a bit of a bumpy start things are looking a bit better. Crafting/tempering appear to be working ok now. Need to check enchanting/recharging. 

2 hours ago, Silvain said:

Not much progress with the patcher because of that as well.

I'd hold off on that for now. Unless you want to begin learning etc type stuff. I've had a couple of ideas that've piqued my interest that'll require modifying the script a bit. 

1) Restrict the selection of craftable items based on what SLS licences you have. Bikini licence = bikini armor only. No weapon licence = no weapons etc. Could even add a little kink down the line - sex/jobs for bypassing licence checks etc. Will require overriding crafting recipes and adding a global variable condition check. This covers licence checks for when you start crafting items. I'm not so sure about what happens if your licence expires before you collect the item. I think I'll just allow it tbh. 

2) Create very simple COBJs (just to assign value) for every item of clothing in the game to allow tailors (recipes won't be available to the player) to craft any clothing item for you the same as blacksmiths. How many clothes mods have no crafting recipe (even vanilla stuff doesn't)? And of course tie it into 1 - No clothes licence in a slaverun area = No service. 

That reminds me. Also need to modify trade restrictions in SLS too otherwise items seem to end up in oblivion.... Jeez

Edited by Monoman1
6 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

After a bit of a bumpy start things are looking a bit better. Crafting/tempering appear to be working ok now. Need to check enchanting/recharging. 

Good to hear. I'm looking forward to it.

Unless you want to begin learning etc type stuff.

I honestly don't know what that means (I'm a total coding noob) but yes. Probably. I'm taking the Synthesis patcher as a motivator to learn some good, applicable C#. At least that is my plan. :D

1) Restrict the selection of craftable items based on what SLS licences you have.

Sounds very fitting. I like it.

Also need to modify trade restrictions in SLS too otherwise items seem to end up in oblivion.... Jeez

You mods combined are already one of the most comprehensive overhauls for skyrim and they are getting more complex with each iteration of your mods, I'm amazed you still have an overview over all the interactions.

image.jpeg

Commissioned mod outfit from a tailor...

I'm going to have to see if I can dynamically add crafting ingredients to HM. This one needed mountain flowers which the tailor didn't have...

Hmm. Any opinions on mods needing to have a book to be able to craft?

I'm two minds about it. For basic stuff I'd rather the craftsman just knew the recipes tbh. But for rare stuff, needing a book might be better...

:weary:

Looks great!

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

But for rare stuff, needing a book might be better...

In my opinion books most of the time are more of a way to un-clutter the crafting inventory. The items then only show up when the book is present. That is probably not a thing for the HM smiths/tailors.

But then again there is stuff like the bikini armor mod that kind of places the books into the world to discover them and link it with gameplay progression. The book of uunpb/cbbe also does this, but with leveled lists.

So yeah... I think books are tricky. Maybe filter for books that are only available from vendors and make them instantly available and the rest aquired from the world, loot (which isn't available from level 1) and quests isn't. Though dunno if that is worth the effort.

Personally I would probably just ignore them for the HM features.

I had long rant post written out but let's go with the TLDR edition:

I'll be flat out denying support/running of MWA on versions of SE/AE running versions not matching Honed Metal's required SKSE version. Simple as that.

PS. Piss off goons @ bethesda. 

In my mind that is absolutely fine and you are not the only one doing that. It's common practice for us SE/AE folk to wait with updates till every SKSE dependent mod is updated for the new version.

Still... Fuck those non-updates that just make life hard for anyone. I really hope that future Betshesda titels won't need to update the .exe or find a way to update without always breaking mods.

Great. We're all in agreement then ;)

So little progress update then. Going's slow but steady...

- TesEdit script to manipulate crafting recipes (NPC crafting services only) to include your licence options is complete. Which means:

• No crafting weapons without a weapon licence
  • No crafting armors without either an armor or bikini licence
  • And no crafting cuirasses without the _SLS_BikiniArmor keyword if you only have a bikini licence
  • No crafting clothes without a clothes licence (and licence is required in that area)

- TesEdit script also creates basic recipes for any clothes item in your load order allowing Npcs to craft them. Also removes any requirement for a book which allows them to craft almost any clothes/armor (if the ingredients aren't rare). Script also dynamically adds crafting ingredients to craftsmen, including mod ingredients. With configurable 'value' threshold for items to be considered rare crafting ingredients. 

- HM Dialogue retrofitted with MWA dialogue options - Refit, restore, repair, signature item dialogues. Most not actually working atm but the dialogue is in place and conditioned for licences. 

- Refit service has been plugged into HM systems and working ok. So you ask for service, give him the stuff and then you need to wait until they're finished before getting your stuff back. Also sends a courier notification when done. Again, it's plugged into the licence system - No refits without licences. No refitting cuirasses without the bikini keyword with a bikini licence. 

It's pretty cool being denied all service without a licence. Should make things interesting. Old MWA didn't care and allowed you to repair/refit regardless of licences. 

There's also the beginnings of a system to allow for 'favors' from craftsmen. A way of bypassing licence checks or restricted craftsmen (like Eorlund). Simply done by increasing a faction rank so can be done easily enough by MWA or other mods. 

I am considering adding an option to the TesEdit script to override player recipes to require crafting tools to be able to craft stuff yourself. Preferably with basic/intermediate/advanced tools limiting what you can craft which would:

- Add an upfront cost to crafting. 

- If you get robbed you can't just craft a basic replacement outfit. Need tools first. 

Edited by Monoman1
On 9/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, Monoman1 said:

There's also the beginnings of a system to allow for 'favors' from craftsmen. A way of bypassing licence checks or restricted craftsmen (like Eorlund). Simply done by increasing a faction rank so can be done easily enough by MWA or other mods. 

I really like that.

On 9/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, Monoman1 said:

I am considering adding an option to the TesEdit script to override player recipes to require crafting tools to be able to craft stuff yourself. Preferably with basic/intermediate/advanced tools limiting what you can craft which would:

- Add an upfront cost to crafting. 

- If you get robbed you can't just craft a basic replacement outfit. Need tools first. 

Sounds fun as well. Though I wonder how hard these crafting tools will be to come by? The tools are probably sold by tailors/blacksmiths and... are lootable (difficult because you won't have stuff) and craftable?

11 hours ago, Silvain said:

Though I wonder how hard these crafting tools will be to come by?

Don't think they'll be that hard to come by. Think SLS compass levels of scarcity maybe. I'm thinking they'll be expensive.

Probably 1000 for a basic set -> for hide/iron/no perk required recipes. 

5k for intermediate -> steel - orcish / leather - elven

10k for advanced -> ebony - daedric / glass - dragon

And maybe relatively heavy (maybe 10ish?). So that you'll be more inclined to leave them behind. 

are lootable

Dunno about that. From who/what. Loot chests?

craftable?

Dunno about that either. I don't want it to be too easy tbh. Honed metal crafting services are crazy expensive by default. Seems like they're something like 10x the value. I'd rather reduce their cost and have you rely more on them. 2x would seem more reasonable. 

The crafting tools is a cool idea.

I have a request if it isn't too much work: Could there be an option to ignore the gender check when wearing armor/clothing, making only the 0-100 size value the deciding factor if it fits or not? Would be a nice middle ground when it comes to the difficulty of finding suitable gear.

Love that you've integrated Honed Metal, I've been using that mod myself.

Crafting services (refit, repair, restore & signature) now up and running ok I think. They all work in the same fashion as HM: Give stuff -> wait -> pay and get stuff back. It's probably going to take extended time actually playing to get the balance of time/cost ironed out properly. 

Unfortunately I can't post an update just yet because I made some necessary changes to SLS to indicate licence options. So I've got to go finish that first now... guh.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:59 PM, TheStranger said:

I have a request if it isn't too much work

I won't right now. Maybe later. I'd be a bit afraid of adding it though. Every option like that impacts the set up time for every obj ref. And it's already kind of pushing it. 

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Every option like that impacts the set up time for every obj ref. And it's already kind of pushing it.

Okay, I hope you can add it later, but if it proves too troublesome then it is no problem! ?

I am curious though, and excuse me if I'm misunderstanding how the code works, but the object references are what essentially allows you to add the extra data to an item, right? Technically, could it not just do its business as usual like it does now, then the new option would skip the gender part of the check-function when an item is equipped? Obviously, that could be a bit messy, especially with a part of the data not being used, but still being applied to the items.

Just ignore my rambling if it makes no sense, I don't have any experience writing scripts for Skyrim, and I don't know how your scripts work.

I'm looking forward to trying out your next release!

22 hours ago, TheStranger said:

I am curious though, and excuse me if I'm misunderstanding how the code works

That's pretty much how it would work but I'd probably have to create another script and make the main script call this outside script. Calls to outside scripts are, from what I've read, supposed to be one of the slowest things you can do in papyrus. If it was just a once-off I really wouldn't care. I do it often elsewhere. But running it dozens of times (for each ObjRef in a cell) then it starts to become significant. Any little thing I add or remove is going to be more significant. 

I'd also have to fork code for naming conventions and the fit functions. 

20 hours ago, drunken toad said:

Great to see this being worked on again! One of the best difficulty mods out there. Looking forward to seeing that tempering system make its way into the mod. Any plans for making werewolf/vampire transformations destroy armor and clothes? 

Probably not straight away. Remind me when things calm down a bit. I just want to get to the point where I can get back to doing smaller incremental updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, Silvain said:

I somehow can imagine where this is going.

Quick SE conversion, old form.

IMPORTANT:

In addition to the xEdit script requirement users of AE (and possibly SE as well) need to update the mteFunction.pas file. Copy and paste from (https://github.com/matortheeternal/mxpf/blob/master/Edit Scripts/lib/mteFunctions.pas) to the xEdit Script Folder and overwrite.

Question: has any one confirmed whether you need to replace the mteFunction.pas file mentioned if you're playing SE, but not AE, or whether it works without doing so?

1 hour ago, Anunya said:

Question: has any one confirmed whether you need to replace the mteFunction.pas file mentioned if you're playing SE, but not AE, or whether it works without doing so?

I have not, but you can very easily do it yourself, if you have SE. Just install everything and try to run the script (you'll get an error quite fast if I remember correctly). If it does not work you need to update.

8 hours ago, Silvain said:

I have not, but you can very easily do it yourself, if you have SE. Just install everything and try to run the script (you'll get an error quite fast if I remember correctly). If it does not work you need to update.

Thanks!

I'm setting up a new game and giving MWA a whirl.

I turned off Device Hider / Devices Underneath in Devious Devices as instructed in the first post of this thread. This means that if my character gets - say  - nipple piercings or wears a corset, those will be visible through whatever clothes she's wearing and look kind of janky.

How do you all deal with this? Do you simply not wear clothes on top of devious devices if you find your character wearing them? Or is there some other way to resolve this?

I'm not complaining here, just trying to understand what best practices are and / or how you deal with this... because I think a DD Corset looks pretty crap with regular clothes on top if it's not hidden. But I'm also pretty keen to try out MWA.

3 hours ago, Anunya said:

I turned off Device Hider / Devices Underneath in Devious Devices as instructed in the first post of this thread.

I'm not sure that that's necessary any more. I haven't noticed 'list slots' being wrong even with the device hider active. Personally, it still annoys me so I just accept clipping. 

Also , just reiterating that the version posted here isn't for serious playthroughs.

Edited by Monoman1
  • 2 weeks later...