Why do you play as a MALE/FEMALE ?

I'm a guy and it's completely indifferent to me. In heavily modded TES games I can be whoever the hell I wanna be, I'm not restricted to being a crybaby fucktoy woman or a borderline retarded meathead dude. I'd say that half of my characters are dudes and the other half are women.

I don't take them too seriously, I usually create some el goblino and that's it.

11 minutes ago, peculiaris said:

Y'all need JESUS

Seriously though I can't connect with Male characters, I need to be able to play as a Female, Weird? yeah. Possible a sign of repressed Gender dysphoria? Maybe. But that it's even possible to have an outlet like video games to play as a character who is a different gender is great!

I actually can't play The Witcher because Geralt is just to manly...

Incidentally, the one RPG where you can get all of the Jesus you can stomach, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, only has the option to play as a male. A blacksmith's son, at that.

I'm a dude, and while I was younger I almost never played as a female character in any game. I found that as I got older and with newer games, they had fewer options to the type of man protagonist I could make and 'better wear their boots' so to speak. I find the absolute meathead bald dude with stubble to just be a really boring concept, and as I think about it, most of the male characters I played tended to be on the androgynous side, and it didn't help with everything turning towards oversized muscle bound dudes. I just generally prefer my dudes to be sleek, athletic and long haired ( basically like myself ), if that paints a better picture for you.

The last time I was a dude character for a serious playthrough was probably with Oblivion with the XEO mod installed, and it was right around that time I had found out about Lovers with Pk via 4Chan, and most of those mods generally catered to a female PC. It was odd at first but I fit into the switch and mindset easily enough, and I actually found the new gameplay to actually be pretty ingenious and fun, as there was a whole new layer of danger and intrigue in the game at that point.

This issue got to me a lot and confused me like epically. I wrote a blog post about it as I went down that road. Like if you start writing/RP/Creating things you can get yourself lost so deeply in the characters you create you really feel you are them.

When I play Skyrim I see myself as the character so even though I'm a guy I perceive myself as a woman in Skyrim.

Basically, for me expressing and sharing myself in real life is not possible for a lot of reasons.

I only really feel I'm living my life when I'm expressing myself via playing games, making things and RPing and since that is a female character a lot of the time I basically just feel I am genderless.

I don't think this is the ideal way to see things though it's just well ... I am kinda broken in real life cause of certain traumas so dreaming became my life /shrug. It makes me happy though and I don't hurt anyone, in fact, it makes me want to create dreams for others to be happy in!

Male and play both - but female PCs are a very new thing for me. The big difference is my male characters tend to have less customisation and I tend to put in more game time (all are L110+) whereas I tend to have a larger number of female PCs, but with less time in the games - most end by L100 and I don't get to 100% game completion.

I like to have a harem when playing male. When playing male I tend to project more of my self on the PC and make choices depending what I would do in that situation. This energy tends to flow both ways and games like the Witcher with hard conclusions for choices, tend to piss me off because I take it personally.

When the PC is a female I usually tend to stick to the plot and finish off missions as fast as possible because the combat/gameplay isn't as important as the candy. I don't attach myself to the character, I'm just looking. Many hours are spent adjusting the face, maybe 30% of actual game time.  I usually have less followers and tend to travel alone when the PC is female. I had actually never played a female character in any game before Skyrim - and I've put countless hours into Oblivion. Frankly even with Skyrim until I discovered modding, I only played as a male PC.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, gregathit said:

The importance of being able to play as big titty lizards can not be overstated!!!

what about big titty cats? :( no love there I see!

anyway unless its a guy only game I tend to prefer playing as girls pixel boobies and butts are the best ❤️ plus its lovely seeing a female kick the living crap out of big tough rough men in games, which is why I guess I love tombraider or games like blood rayne etc.

5 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Incidentally, the one RPG where you can get all of the Jesus you can stomach, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, only has the option to play as a male. A blacksmith's son, at that.

Yeah that kinda sucks, I like that game I just can't get into it because of the main character.

(Im male)I play as a male if game let me create some character as I want.. There are lot of games out there you cant create skinny male..But in Skyrim nearly you can create anything. And I dont think its about sexuailty because Im pansexual. But my biggest problem in Skyrim cant play long time with same character not about appearance! Its all about class...I always use requiem and in requiem you cant easly change your build or class thats why ..When I see some warrior in websites(devinart,pinterest kind of..) I delete my character and play as a warrior.. After few days I see some mage then I delete my warrior play as a mage.. Do you know what? I played skyrim like 5 years and I never fnished mainquest...

This is my current character.

44402712-1538857467.png

I very seldom play as my apparent race and gender, as that's rather boring to me. RPing is all about exploring different points of view and experiences, even if my personality tends to generally remain the same, or at least isn't completely different from my IRL personality.

I suppose you could say I'm always me, more or less, it's the shell which changes. But that's still interesting space to explore.

In Iain M. Banks sci-fi novels, people have very long life spans, during which they go through many bodies. In the future he presents everyone eventually tries different a gender, even if it's just for one life. In such a society, the weird ones are those who only ever live as one gender their whole extended life, in body after body. By the same token, it would be a bit odd (but hardly objectionable) for someone to play dozens of RPGs and always play the exact same character over and over.

Male

I play both genders under different contexts.  My canon TES heroes are all male, though most of my non-hero/side characters are female because of the larger selection of armor & accessory mods available for that gender.  

Also, very few games give me the opportunity to play as a thicc, strong amazon.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:55 PM, Captain Cobra said:

I'm a guy and I play as big titty lizards in Skyrim because there are few games that let me play as big titty lizards.

? good good, I really laughed

I play both male and female depending on mood.  Males are good for playing a smooth sexy talker, fathering many children around skyrim and being tamriel's worst deadbeat dad (I ? beeing female for that).  This is mostly normal playthrough.  Easier to concentrate on the game with a male character because theres much less sexlab stuff happening to male characters.

Female for getting fuck by everything and trying to balance nasty apropos Wear & tear debuffs (apropos, obv) with a skooma addiction that clears those debuffs (skooma whore) with an occupation that gets me money for skooma (radiant prostitution) so i can adventure in dungeons and get fuck by everything again when i fail (defeat) and get MORE nasty apropos debuffs and have to start skooma/cash cycle all over.  Its kinda fun.  Hard to make much progress though, always getting fucked by something it seems like, even though I'm trying hard to make progress.  This setup is pretty difficult, so its fun for me.

It's an easy way to explore a part of my sexual identity I normally am incapable of.

In the past, I've been repressing my sexuality. I've always considered myself just a bisexual male, it was easier to explain and I was afraid of feeling the way I did about anything beyond that. Society has taught me it's wrong in general, and when I was younger it was barely acceptable being bisexual or gay, let alone being attracted to anything beyond just basic genders and sexualities. 

So during this awkward time of my life, I exclusively played male characters if given the choice. I didn't mind playing female characters in games that had no other options, but it wasn't something I sought out. I was a male, so I'd play male. I shouldn't really have the desire to play anything else.

Today though I'm openly pansexual. While I still have my limits and reservations about certain things, I'm open to a wealth of genders, sexualities, kinks, etc. 

This, in turn, has led me to finally accept that I have the fantasies of being a woman, or a shemale/ladyboy/trap/etc.

And truth be told, it's not always sexual. I just like the idea of being that sometimes. Being beautiful, or cute, or in the case of my most recent playthrough of Skyrim, an adorably deadly thief.

In the case of this site in particular though and Skyrim, it's pretty much a fulfillment of a sexual fantasy. A safe way to explore both the currently unrealistically amorous, and the hopelessly depraved and devious. Whichever of the two comes first during the playthrough. My mod settings are rare and random enough that anything could happen when I least expect it.

I'm male and play as a male because i tryed playing as a female once but she got stuck shopping at jack gas pub for so long by the she figured out what to wear and stuff the universe had fucken ended. as a male i just ride around on my horse putting foot to ass and banging lusty big titted argonian maids. 

job done.

Honestly female normally because of aesthetic . The male poise, animations and overall body structure just suck in Skyrim. (Even with mods).

I really wanted to play a Sergeant McGurk type character. Got the face down on a Breton. However the way they held themselves and ran just looked wrong for someone weasely.

Actual male. Preference female. Just leaving another "I like how girls look more" for the pile. I need to like a male character's actual, well, character in order to play as them, and that won't typically happen in games with blank slate player avatars.

First of all I am a male.

When I start a new playthrough, I always start two characters.

His appearance never changed for like 5 last years.

The last change happened when I went from Apachii Hair to KS Hairdos (if I remember correctly), because I liked the hair model more.

He always does all the stuff this game (+mods) offers. Main Quest, side quests, Notice Board (Manny GT), Missives, LoTD, big land/quest mods, Sexlab Defeat to get that female bandit's butty and so on.

Her appearance always changes. I might even jump between presets while playing... ? Really depends on my mood if she ends up blonde/brunette. Always Nord or Elf.

When playing for the girl character, I only take female followers on adventures and don't use Sexlab for anything but some lesbian action between followers.

I always dress her up in some short skirt or Nisetanaka's bikini armours so that I can always see/enjoy the look of that jiggly butt (even though she is pretty skinny).

She only does Notice Board (Manny GT), Missives and Skyrim Underground dungeon crawling.

That's my approach to this game for a long time now.

I'm a straight guy and I almost always play female charactes because I'm a horny pervert. I love customising the body details and using custom animations for sexy walking and so on. I like setting up one of the custom camera mods to place the third person camera right behind my girl's sexy ass as she walks. Have tried playing male characters now and then and play them as horny playboys. I have fun for a while but I miss the fem bum (and everything else)!

Female, I play both.

I used to play mainly male in games because the romance options usually sucked more for females- when I played console. Since I've moved to PC years ago I played characters as characters, the gender was secondary.

When Skyrim was shiny and new I rolled a male Dunmer and hoped that there was a female Telvanni mage to be his follower/spouse. Brelyna was perfect, so I stuck with my main Dragonborn as being male Dunmer of Telvanni descent.

One male character I play through Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim -non main quest- is a male Altmer. I even found his hairstyle in all three games, lol. That's important to him because he's so mindful of style. He's bi, so I've paired him with Crassius Curio in Morrowind, and Vilkas in Skyrim, but I have a female Altmer that intend to make a follower/spouse for him.

My Nerevarine is male Dunmer, gay, who I ship with Master Aryon. I even have a female Dunmer who I pair up with Master Neloth, lol.

I'm also running a female Khajiit in Skyrim, and a female Dagi-Raht in Morrowind, using Weslty's Khajiit Diversity- think a small Siamese Khajiit who is Telvanni, but gets into everything.

My fallout character is female.

So I tend to think of the character first, then what gender. Do I like the look of a male, or a female for this character?

I don't mind male only games- I loved 2 Worlds. And the first Assassin's Creed. I haven't played Witcher or Kingdom Come yet, but they seem to be interesting and the male characters would be fun to play.

Archived