Why do you play as a MALE/FEMALE ?

Sometimes I play a male because I want to immerse myself in my character.  I am a male and it is easier to feel as if I am acting on my own.

Sometimes I play a female because I want to look at actions, armor, and movements that I find attractive.  When I do this I feel as if I am guiding someone within this world from an external perspective. I find this particular behavior of mine to be inspired by the quality of art, animation, and detail some modders have put into the female artwork in skyrim.

Sometimes I play a skeleton, because sometimes I am a bonehead.  And I just want to goof off and be Dragonbone.

Mostly I stare at data entries in SSEedit or TES5Edit  or the creation kit... and try to figure out what I broke and why.

I often try a male playthrough (I am male) but I keep getting frustrated that all the women in the game aren't doing what I want them to, and changing the game to get them to do it is simply too much work. (strangely like real life). So I just play the female character and then ... well then the things I want to happen do happen.

10 minutes ago, Frankfranky said:

I often try a male playthrough (I am male) but I keep getting frustrated that all the women in the game aren't doing what I want them to, and changing the game to get them to do it is simply too much work. (strangely like real life). So I just play the female character and then ... well then the things I want to happen do happen.

=o    they pop out of your screen and throw themselves at you??!!!??!!

I'm a guy

I generally main male OC's. It's usually because I can't justify the main character being female for me; like with Fallout 4, I play a male soul survivor because in my head the mothers more likely to grab the child then the father... and it's the parent with the child who gets killed.

Honestly I'd prefer a well written character, male or female, over a blank slate sometimes.

Always play as a female bcuz  I'm a perv, and I like looking at my character's ass. Especially riding a giant. Tend to use the drow mod and kinda make her look like Storm (X-men). Otherwise, like in Saint's Row (IV) and other less optional games,  I make my character look like my girlfriend as much as possible. But with slightly bigger titties.

I'm female, and it depends on whether I plan on doing a normal Skyrim playthrough or a "LoversLab" playthrough.

If I intend to play Skyrim normally, with minimal modded content, I usually go for a male character from a human race. For me, following the lore is very important, and I just can't picture the mighty Dragonborn being a Khajiit ?

But for kinky adventures I almost exclusively play female characters. I mean, 90% of all content on this site is geared towards female characters, so it's pretty hard not to.

Male here.  I play a lot of female characters but it's hardly exclusive, like maybe a 60:40 cut.  Part of it comes down to how good the models look in game, I find female models are usually more appealing to me than male ones since most males in games usually come out looking like tough guys and I prefer my male characters to be less big, strong and intimidating and more lean, suave and charismatic.  A lot of female characters either look kind of like that already or are easier to make look like that in games where you can edit character appearances.  The first time I play a game I'll usually play male, not for any roleplay purposes but rather because I just feel like that's how I should play the game the first time.  After that it comes down to what character I'm trying to play.  Playing Morrowind a lot during my early years has me paranoid now that there will be some kind of genuine gameplay or stat difference between genders in every game so I'll usually at least try both and decide which I like more for that game.  I guess one reason I might like female characters more is I just find a heroine more appealing than a hero.  I think in a lot of games it doesn't really make much difference what gender your character is, they'll follow the same story and be faced with the same decisions, almost all of which come down less to "is this something a woman/man might be more likely to do" and more of a "how much of an asshole is this character" type deal.  So for story line purposes it doesn't make too much difference to me, it's mostly just how much of my character I'm likely to see and what I like the look of more.  For RP, which I only do so much of anyway, it's a total crap shoot and it's just whatever kind of character I felt like making at the time.

I can put forward two reasons for me playinf a female character:

1. I would much ratehr stare at a womens butt for hours than a mens.

2. I like tough but womenly women.

PS:

Third reason might be that I hate my manly upbringing and the only way I can break through that is by playing a female character.

When I tried that on DA:O Alistair was thoughtful and sweet for a female PC but the same conversation as a male warden he pissed me off beyond believe with his constant whining.

I can however play a male character that I don't create, those are usually characters with a set personality so I am just disconnected enough from those.

I'm a male, but always play as a female.  I guess the reason is that I would rather look at a female than a male, not to mention you get to "design" your character to what you like most.  That being said, I don't really get into the emotion of the game like I probably would if I played a male.  I think all of us have wondered at least once what it would be like to be the opposite sex for a day, but having huge tits and fighting frost trolls and vampires, just doesn't seem real.

• 4 weeks later...

Im a male that plays nearly 100% female in TES games. My reasons are rather simple...

1). Its a lot easier to mod a female character than a male due to like 90% of all mods being created for a female pc and...you can make some down right, absolute fn beautiful females with those mods!  Not so much with a male.

2). Its a fantasy world and basically an escape from the ho hum boring 60+ hour work week that is my life... having this cute lil bad ass female blowing shit up with a modded fireball  is a good escape from reality. Very few of my characters last longer than a couple months becuase im constantly adding mods that dont fit the the old characters play style, like going from a mage to a whore for instance, I dont restart my game, i just change her to fit my current play style. 

And last but not least...

3). Its a lot of fun playing a female character in a modded TES game... trying to keep your Succubus well fed  so you dont get those negative side effects and trying to keep your true form hidden can be a real challenge with the proper mods while doing all the quests!  for example :P

• 2 weeks later...

Females just look better on my screen. I don't give any love to male characters in Skyrim. I just use Inhabitants Of Skyrim for both males and females and that's about the best males will ever get.

It all started with FFXI Online back in 2004. When I got into that game, I had made two male characters on two different servers. I ended up leaving one server since I was focused on the other. I played as a male for months but eventually I just couldn't stand how stiff male animations were and decided to use my mule character as my main and stuck with her. Then later came the cosmetic mods and animation replacers and enjoyed it.

So since then, I haven't touched a male character unless I have to play as a male in that game. Usually it's perfectly fine in first person games.

Unless the game is really good, I won't bother.

I'm a girl and I play as a girl because I'm vain as hell. The male content doesn't really suit my taste for Skyrim, which is usually just very old and weathered down but even with custom face textures their faces are just... ugh. They don't have to be pretty boys even though I like pretty boys, but they just aren't attractive to me either way.

I'm a guy that til Oblivion and Skyrim I usually played males (argonians though). Over the years I found I proffered playing as a female avatar, then later on making them more of a female with extra. Not sure if I am/was transgender and it was my way to feel at ease with myself. I still play those type of characters (in single player games, stay pure females in mmo's).

I look physically female in real life, although often my mood dictates my sexual mentality at the time. Afteral what are strap-ons for if not to use.

I always play a Female, I will not even buy a game if you cannot play a female (don't care how good people say the game is, no female choice to me means it sucks, ok I may also be a little feminist and think that Women are quite capable of cutting a zombies head off, blowing up some alien what ever, plus they will likely do it with way more finesse and sexiness)

I commonly say (as I prefer 3rd person) that I prefer to look at the sexy figure of a female for hours on end then the box shaped flat butt of a guy...

I am somewhat superstitious as well, the most successful characters I have had are all female, the worst characters or games I have played have been with male characters.

I play as I once was in life (especially Skyrim, Sims and Fallout), in other words how I was in my youth (the 20's mainly) why? Cause I miss those years, so many great memories I did so many naughty things (mind that many were really beyond my control some would say). Yes I am a long way past my twenties now, a lot of the things I did in my past would likely damage me now, plus I am not nearly as fit and flexible...I can be when I play a game though...

i pretty much always make a self-insert character in games if i'm given the option, because i'm boring i guess. so lady it is for me!

i'm more submissive sex-wise then not, and mostly hetero, so it's nice to revisit skyrim now and again and able to actually get mods that cater to my viewpoint for once. a lot of adult stuff out there, even when it features a central woman lead... it really shows that a man wrote it for other men. you still see that effect with skyrim modding (where's my expressive and cute dude companions???) but it's a lot easier to get past.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:46 PM, Tali Redmint said:

-I do play a female character because, I feel like I can explore the feeling of being a girl. Whenever there's a game in which I can decide my gender I go for female. I feel like I fit better on their corpse, while when I play a male character I don't feel as conformable, I just don't connect as much.

- Maybe it's a way to release a rigid patter of behaviors we are supposed to act as male in society. You are supposed to be manly, insensitive, rude, brave, strong, assertive, while being a girl you can be vulnerable, weak, gentle, shy, but at the same time, a Hero... and pretty, and care about clothing and shoes and lingerie....

All guys have that attraction to the feminine...... which we naturally would satisfy by having a girlfriend. But since i lack a girlfriend, i play female characters...

The best reasons to play any gender are stat bonuses(see The Elder Scrolls prior to Skyrim), gender exclusive equipment, gender exclusive relationship options (including friendship bonuses in Soul Nomad and the World Eaters or reproductive options in Fire Emblem Awakenings/Fates), access to areas off-limits to the opposite sex (as seen in games such as Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Quest 9) or entire story lines (see Gladius... if you can. LucasArts doesn't seem to want to re-release it any time soon if at all).

I play as a guy, simply because I am a guy and I have no feminine side what so ever. Wait I'm wrong! I played a Female char in Everquest 2 ,...years ago on the Pvp server, Fate Tality The little  ninja martial artist ..cause  guys  hate getting  beat up by  girls. Skyrim kinda reminds me of EQ II world wise.

Archived