How many mods do you run???

goldust

You mean in Skyrim? 

I am usually around 290 ^^

Basically there is no "too many". As long as you game still runs your fine :D

But mod isn't equal mod.

For example texture mods only replace something that already exists in the game and don't cause a lot stress, ususllay they only use more memory because of higher quality.

But quest mods or frameworks that add new mechanics and features will need more processing power and are likely to reduce perfomance, that's why only count in those when judging what the game can handle.

Deinstalling or updating mods, especially on older saves most likely causes problems due to leftover scripts, that's why I always warn not to change the mod setup without starting a new game^^

But again, as long as your game starts up and doesn't lag there's nothing to worry about^^

29 minutes ago, RedMonika said:

Per Loot I have 332 mods and 247 active... Thank god for merging and Bash... Technically I think I'm in the range of 450 mods. Though, I merge a lot and so far no real issues.

Always looking for variations on stable game configurations.

Are you on SE or LE?

What mod manager do you use?

And if you are doing SE, my particular interest, and have time; the active mods understanding merging alters the count. I have not yet managed to get a merged mods report from MO LOL.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

In what game? In The Sims 4, I've had about 800 individual bits of Custom Content installed at one time though I tend to trim the number to lower load times whenever I come back around to that number.

In Skyrim, it is tough to say since I merge plug-ins or just rebuild several plug-ins as all-in-ones for Skyrim Special Edition. Still, it is at least 130. There is a hard limit to the number of plug-ins you can have there, but with a 64-bit engine, it can handle a lot more merged plug-ins than its 32-bit counterpart.

18 hours ago, Alter Native said:

I'd say 425 is the upper limit, so you need to get rid of 6 mods and you're fine. Otherwise your game will just be unplayable. 

cough cough, no offense, the maximum limit are 255 ESP \ ESM files!
425 active mods, and the game would not even start. :classic_wink:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/351660338694984268/

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/73923185

9 minutes ago, winny257 said:

cough cough, no offense, the maximum limit are 255 ESP \ ESM files!
425 active mods, and the game would not even start. :classic_wink:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/351660338694984268/

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/73923185

Mod =/= .esp file, also you can (technically) merge as many as you want.

This means the hard limit is 425, one mod more and your cpu is going to melt.

17 minutes ago, Alter Native said:

yes, you can arbitrarily bring together much mods in an ESP, but that just means 20 ESPs will become one, and that in turn is a mod.
but you can install any number of mods, which does not use ESP \ ESM.

17 hours ago, Alter Native said:

That guy is obviously trolling (very poorly), don't listen to him.

17 hours ago, goldust said:

oh by the way Alter Native love you Blood and Pleasure story.  ❤️  ❤️  ❤️ 

Thank you :) 

As Alkpaz said, I do have rather substantial mod loads - LOL! In SSE 1067 total mods, with 746 plugins merged down to 204, with over 300 mods that I personally ported over from Oldrim.  And, of course, my mod load in Oldrim - 1309 total mods, with 936 plugins merged down to 237.  Both games with an ENB running.  Constant 60 FPS, fully stable, no CTDs.  But, it DID take a lot of work!  In fact, I have more hours in xEdit than I do in the games - nearly 5000.  We often joke that to me, the game IS xEdit - and Skyrim itself is just a means of testing what I do!

20 hours ago, Alter Native said:

I'm just calling out trolls, making the internet a better place. Little by little.

Or you have the totally not fake multiple personality disorder where one of you is Cave Johnson in which case you just melted your computer with combustible lemons.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:14 AM, Alter Native said:

I'm just calling out trolls, making the internet a better place. Little by little.

that you can but fully forgotten, I do not have to brag about my many mods.
I have not been playing Skyrim since December 2014, because this game is ancient and worn out.
who is now the troll? ?

Spoiler

idLYs5.gif

Spoiler

Do you want to see something once?
you have to make an effort, around to achieve that! :classic_tongue:

https://www.loverslab.com/topmembers/

Archived