Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

If those people asking for help could please state if they are playing on LE or SE, that would be really nice.

You should be force-walked into the cage. Then you get locked in and have to wait (real time, not wait command) for some time. If you get "person is busy" you might need to wait for your script lag to clear, and being locked in the cage, you shouldn't even be albe to activate her.

That had been an issue with DD4.3 where you needed a patch, but this is solved with DD5. On LE that is.

I have SE. Thanks for help, I'll try and let you know

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

If those people asking for help could please state if they are playing on LE or SE, that would be really nice.

You should be force-walked into the cage. Then you get locked in and have to wait (real time, not wait command) for some time. If you get "person is busy" you might need to wait for your script lag to clear, and being locked in the cage, you shouldn't even be albe to activate her.

That had been an issue with DD4.3 where you needed a patch, but this is solved with DD5. On LE that is.

I wait about 10 min, and nothing. Not force-walked, i can move and try to talk to everyone but „this person is busy” still… :(

83B2253A-E570-466E-BE84-2AE1483FF971.png

5 hours ago, ReX1022o said:

I wait about 10 min, and nothing. Not force-walked, i can move and try to talk to everyone but „this person is busy” still… :(

83B2253A-E570-466E-BE84-2AE1483FF971.png

Every time laura force me to do something i neet to reaload the save to restart the plugin. But still Laura cant take off restrains and belt from me

4 hours ago, ReX1022o said:

Every time laura force me to do something i neet to reaload the save to restart the plugin. But still Laura cant take off restrains and belt from me

Equips/unequips are from DD, I think, so I'd make sure you have up-to-date version of DD (5+) and it's the right version (LE/SE).

Uninstall, or disable any mod that changes the behaviour of DDs.

If you equip DDs while a quest is in progress, that Laura does not expect you to have equipped, then I'm not sure LBS can handle this.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, Taki17 said:

The mod checks for the cooked food being added to your inventory when progressing the quest stages. Provided CACO does not remove said cooked foods from the game, you can use the console to give yourself the missing ingredients or the end product to progress the quest. Otherwise, you can make a compatibility patch that adjusts the available ingredients at that part.

Unfortunately, it appears that CACO removes the rabbit haunch from the game.

Ainamtalluof

17 minutes ago, ainamtuollaf said:

Unfortunately, it appears that CACO removes the rabbit haunch from the game.

Ainamtalluof

I did play that quest with CACO, sadly I don't remember the detail. But you can still give the food to your inventory. However some food name was changed but they still had there ID the same as the required one. I think I search for "rabbit" and then test all the food have rabbit in it name. One of them did advance the quest. Or you can use quest stage command to advance.

Something I noticed playing through again to get to the new quests:  at a couple points Laura offers rescued girls a place to stay, but at no time have they ever made a similar offer to the player, despite all the "special friend" and "gratitude" statements.  It seems a bit off.  I mean you hang around the shop, run errands, risk your life and freedom for them... and they offer a bed to everyone else but you?

I know this isn't a player home mod, but maybe something along the lines of "you've been so nice, do you have a place to stay?  I put a bedroll in the cell you can use".

Aaaaand then Laura randomly locks you in the cell while you're asleep, just for fun :) 

2 hours ago, aurreth said:

Something I noticed playing through again to get to the new quests:  at a couple points Laura offers rescued girls a place to stay, but at no time have they ever made a similar offer to the player, despite all the "special friend" and "gratitude" statements.  It seems a bit off.  I mean you hang around the shop, run errands, risk your life and freedom for them... and they offer a bed to everyone else but you?

I know this isn't a player home mod, but maybe something along the lines of "you've been so nice, do you have a place to stay?  I put a bedroll in the cell you can use".

Aaaaand then Laura randomly locks you in the cell while you're asleep, just for fun :) 

The player doesn't get that chance because it's a lot of work. :P

The story has priority right now, but it's on the list for after the story. :)

2 minutes ago, Laura said:

The player doesn't get that chance because it's a lot of work. :P

The story has priority right now, but it's on the list for after the story. :)

just put a bondage cross or some furniture in the cell in her shop and voila, we have player's new bed. XD

Edited by johntrine
7 minutes ago, johntrine said:

just put a bondage cross or some furniture in the cell in her shop and voila, we have player's new bed. XD

I used the CK to put a bedroll down in the cell  :P 

It doesn't have to be a lot of work.  Add a dialog line to Laura at an appropriate point in one of her "thank you" speeches mentioning it, and enable the bedroll in the cell at the same time.  Done  :)

I'm gonna play around with the CK a bit, see about adding a trapdoor to a small basement with a bed and player-safe chest.  Basically, a place to dump extra stuff and have a lie down, nothing fancy.

2 hours ago, aurreth said:

I'm gonna play around with the CK a bit, see about adding a trapdoor to a small basement with a bed and player-safe chest.  Basically, a place to dump extra stuff and have a lie down, nothing fancy.

No need for that - there's still the upstairs bedroom, a leftover from the Drunken Huntsman, with the double bed of Nazeem and his wife. Just change the ownership to the player, as Laura and Kat are using the downstairs room.

2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

No need for that - there's still the upstairs bedroom, a leftover from the Drunken Huntsman, with the double bed of Nazeem and his wife. Just change the ownership to the player, as Laura and Kat are using the downstairs room.

Actually I believe downstairs is Laura, and upstairs is Kat.  At least I think that's the way the chests are labeled.  I'll have to check!

EDIT:  Well, apparently all beds belong to Anoriath?  LOL    Anyway, yes, the upstairs can be converted.  Change bed ownership to Player, disable the treasure chest at the foot of the bed and replace with a personal chest that doesn't respawn and eat your stuff, fix the ownership of the other containers there, and hide Laura's chest full of experimental toys :D 

I still like adding in a basement though.  I just have to find the stupid trapdoor in the Objects window :P 

Edited by aurreth

I'm having some troubles... The devious devices that Laura's Bondage Shop doesn't work on my Character. What I mean by that is the devices do not equip during the quests you can get from Laura, notably especially when I try to do the Thotium quest, but with any other quest as well. I've reinstalled both devious devices and the bondage shop, but it hasn't worked. Could it have to do with the assets, or the fact I use a custom race?

37 minutes ago, lothbrook said:

I'm having some troubles... The devious devices that Laura's Bondage Shop doesn't work on my Character. What I mean by that is the devices do not equip during the quests you can get from Laura, notably especially when I try to do the Thotium quest, but with any other quest as well. I've reinstalled both devious devices and the bondage shop, but it hasn't worked. Could it have to do with the assets, or the fact I use a custom race?

Likely it's the custom race. It doesn't contain the necessary keywords that DD looks for to apply the effects. You'll need to edit DD to function with your custom race, or see if there is a patch already out there for it.

33 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

Likely it's the custom race. It doesn't contain the necessary keywords that DD looks for to apply the effects. You'll need to edit DD to function with your custom race, or see if there is a patch already out there for it.

Unfortunately, it isn't using it for vanilla races either... And the actual devious devices work on the custom race. Playing around with it has revealed that it's isolated to Laura's quests. Devious works fine otherwise.

8 hours ago, lothbrook said:

Unfortunately, it isn't using it for vanilla races either... And the actual devious devices work on the custom race. Playing around with it has revealed that it's isolated to Laura's quests. Devious works fine otherwise.

What you should check as well is giving yourself an item from LBS through the console, and see if you can't equip it from the inventory.

By chance, you are running DD5.1 right? Not DD4.3 with the standalone Contraptions module? If equips from LBS fail, that's because it uses DD5-exclusive methods and it won't work with anything below the required version.

Edited by Taki17
20 hours ago, aurreth said:

I used the CK to put a bedroll down in the cell  :P 

It doesn't have to be a lot of work.  Add a dialog line to Laura at an appropriate point in one of her "thank you" speeches mentioning it, and enable the bedroll in the cell at the same time.  Done  :)

It can be really easy, but I want it to be part of a roleplay quest thingy. :)

18 hours ago, recroid366 said:

Has anyone figured out a fix for the origin quest, where the guard wont move?

On SSE? Not yet. We have no clue why it doesn't work on SSE. I installed SSE and installed all the required mods and tested it myself, and it all worked fine. So something is messing with it for some people. Maybe it has to do with performance or another mod.

6 hours ago, Laura said:

I understand completely, and I'm not dissing your work in any way!  It just hit me at one point that Laura was offering the spare room to essentially complete strangers, while I was risking life and freedom for her and not so much as the offer of a rug on the floor.  It feels off, especially when you've told her you kind of like being locked in the cell.

I'd add it in at the end of the chastity quest the first time, where she locks you in before removing the belt.  Just a simple line about "since you seem to enjoy it in there, you can sleep in there if you like and don't have someplace else to go."  Admittedly that's personal, I like to start the game "naked and broke and showing up at the shop to try to earn a few coins"  :)   A storage chest could be added after the first thotium quest, when it becomes obvious to Katarina that you risk losing stuff retrieving cursed items for them (ok, I know you don't, but it fits).

I'd make the changes myself and submit them for your approval, but I haven't sorted out how to do dialogs and what not (seriously, why the fuck isn't it designed as a simple flow chart?)  I've mostly been rebuilding Vaults in Fallout 4  :) 

EDIT:  In the Locked Away quest, Laura_SecureBeltQuest, dialogue Laura_SecureBeltQuest_BeltDia14 is "I'll unlock the door for you."  After this, insert a check for "bedroll unlocked".  If not unlocked, add a dialogue line "You know, I think you enjoyed your little stay in there.  Feel free to sleep in there if you need a place to rest."  Set unlocked to 1, which enables the initially disabled bedroll.

Now I just have to figure out how to do it lol

Edited by aurreth
6 minutes ago, aurreth said:

There is no "LauLibs".  Should be "LauraLibs"

Line 16 in the same script source:

LauraLibs Property LauLibs Auto

The script above is correct, since it "knows" the quest LauraLibs as LauLibs, since that's what the property is named and it's filled out properly. If this was a typo, the script wouldn't even compile in the first place. As further evidenced by this script going unaltered and working without issues for 3+ years.

Edited by Taki17
6 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Line 16 in the same script source:

LauraLibs Property LauLibs Auto

The script above is correct, since it "knows" the quest LauraLibs as LauLibs, since that's what the property is named and it's filled out properly. If this was a typo, the script wouldn't even compile in the first place. As further evidenced by this script going unaltered and working without issues for 3+ years.

kk, thanks!  I'm not trying to fix any scripts (I can barely manage the occasional fragment lol), I was just looking and noticed it (and no, you pervs, that isn't Laura making you her slave, it's for when you ask her to tie you up and she puts a slave set on you!)

16 hours ago, Laura said:

On SSE? Not yet. We have no clue why it doesn't work on SSE. I installed SSE and installed all the required mods and tested it myself, and it all worked fine. So something is messing with it for some people. Maybe it has to do with performance or another mod.

Could it be cause I have a mod that makes the game run at a smooth 60fps, and uncaps the menu?

1 hour ago, recroid366 said:

Could it be cause I have a mod that makes the game run at a smooth 60fps, and uncaps the menu?

It could be just anything. As it runs smoothly on Laura's SE setup, troubleshooting on someone else's computer is nearly impossible, especially as nobody seems yet to understand why the quest hangs at certain point with a number of people on SSE. Try to disable that mod (or any other you have a 'bad feeling' about) and give it a shot. You're more or less on your own.

Maybe start a new game with just the minimal modlist, write down which ones you are using, and make a hard save when you're done with Origins (or at the end of any of Laura's quests) so that you have a fixed point to continue playing when the storyline gets updated. I'd even recommend not to play any further with that new character, but put her on hiatus until you need her again for Laura's questline.

22 hours ago, aurreth said:

EDIT:  In the Locked Away quest, Laura_SecureBeltQuest, dialogue Laura_SecureBeltQuest_BeltDia14 is "I'll unlock the door for you."  After this, insert a check for "bedroll unlocked".  If not unlocked, add a dialogue line "You know, I think you enjoyed your little stay in there.  Feel free to sleep in there if you need a place to rest."  Set unlocked to 1, which enables the initially disabled bedroll.

Now I just have to figure out how to do it lol

Yup, the whole dialog thing in CK is just confusing as hell.  I want to add one dialog that will unlock a bedroll.  I can sort of see how to add that in... but have no idea how to link things to add it to the sequence so it plays after Laura_SecureBeltQuest_BeltDia14.  I'm guessing I need to uncheck Goodbye for that particular one since it won't be the last... except it WILL be the last if the bedroll is already unlocked.  Doesn't help that Dialogue View is supposed to be a flow chart (?), but was designed by someone who apparently never read the chapter from CompSci 101 which explains what a flow chart is.  I mean it's a dialogue tree, it should look like, ya know, a tree!

Laura, you have my undying admiration for having figured all of this out.