Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

31 minutes ago, tznvlw said:

@Laura

Welcome back?

Thanks. :)

It seems that you keep some secrets from us. ?

Yeah, there's some stuff going on I rather not share.

There is a new storyline? we have been waiting for a long time, hope we have a better experience in the new version?

I'm working on new story quests and it's going well. I hope y'all will like it. There's some important story stuff in it.

I ran into a bug yesterday at the end of "What she deserves".  The hood was not removed, and remains on after the end of the quest.
I'm running with DD 5.1, might be related to that? I haven't had this issue before.

On that note, anyone know how to force off an item? :P I don't want to reload to before the quest, as I want to continue playing, but I don't want to run around with a hood on.
I tried Cursed Loot's "Remove Generic Items",but that don't work, and the hood won't unlock with a Standard Restrain key.

17 minutes ago, Tyrandi said:

I ran into a bug yesterday at the end of "What she deserves".  The hood was not removed, and remains on after the end of the quest.
I'm running with DD 5.1, might be related to that? I haven't had this issue before.

It is DD5 related, backwards compatible equips and unequips often fail. Curiously, if you convert them to DD5 equips and unequips, they can fail too if there is not a bit of a pause between calls - mostly in the case of unequips though.

17 minutes ago, Tyrandi said:

On that note, anyone know how to force off an item?

You might be able to remove them through the console.

Edited by Taki17
1 hour ago, Tyrandi said:

On that note, anyone know how to force off an item? :P I don't want to reload to before the quest, as I want to continue playing, but I don't want to run around with a hood on.
I tried Cursed Loot's "Remove Generic Items",but that don't work, and the hood won't unlock with a Standard Restrain key.

This happened to me too.  I was only able to remove it by using Laura's master key, which isn't called that.  try help "Laura's secret dummy key", then player.additem xx01C35A, where xx is the position of this mod in your load order, that help command should give you the correct RefID.  You should then be able to remove the hood... then get rid of the key because having it will ruin the fun of the rest of the mod.  

46 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

This happened to me too.  I was only able to remove it by using Laura's master key, which isn't called that.  try help "Laura's secret dummy key", then player.additem xx01C35A, where xx is the position of this mod in your load order, that help command should give you the correct RefID.  You should then be able to remove the hood... then get rid of the key because having it will ruin the fun of the rest of the mod.  

The key is a failsafe/last resort exactly for issues like that. It gets used by nearly all quest devices which you cannot unlock with conventional DD keys (the strong/tough/custom devices).

2 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Thanks!

14 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

Just finished the main story quest last night.

Really looking forward to the continuation when it arrives.

I can't wait to show y'all the new story quests. :)

14 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

Any chance there can be some interaction between this mod and Spank That Ass? Seems to me that they would complement each other very well.

Don't think I will, sorry. I don't know that mod and I want to keep my mod as simple as I can to keep things from breaking.

11 hours ago, Laura said:

Don't think I will, sorry. I don't know that mod and I want to keep my mod as simple as I can to keep things from breaking.

Fair enough.

It's a very good mod in its own right. I would hate to have it glitch.

Took me forever to get out of things when I had Laura tie me up. Holy crap, that ebonite stuff is hard to get out of.

18 hours ago, Laura said:

I can't wait to show y'all the new story quests. :)

Yes, please!

After finishing the current quests I just became very worried of the whole Sloane situation, like legit worried, like the "the manga/comic left me on a cliffhanger and I am waiting for the next issue" kind of worry. 

Don't get me wrong though, I love this experience and am very thankful for this wonderful mod. I don't even remember being this invested in the actual main questline of the game

3 hours ago, disagree11 said:

Yes, please!

After finishing the current quests I just became very worried of the whole Sloane situation, like legit worried, like the "the manga/comic left me on a cliffhanger and I am waiting for the next issue" kind of worry. 

That's great to hear. That exactly what I was going for.

3 hours ago, disagree11 said:

Don't get me wrong though, I love this experience and am very thankful for this wonderful mod. I don't even remember being this invested in the actual main questline of the game

❤️

2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Only thing I could ask for, is to lock this thread for about a week after the next update. I am sure the morons will have the first spoilers out five minutes after you've uploaded the file.

You could also just avoid the thread if you are bothered this much, but no locking it is way better, especially when someone really has a problem. Then we get some random threads with problems and "what happened with this mod" everywhere.

3 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Only thing I could ask for, is to lock this thread for about a week after the next update. I am sure the morons will have the first spoilers out five minutes after you've uploaded the file.

Or we can simply ask people, to avoid talking about specifics on the new storyline for a week or so, when commenting on how amazing it is (and it will be amazing of course). unless there is a bug then that could be justifiable and helpful for others then.

1 hour ago, neghthraw said:

You could also just avoid the thread if you are bothered this much, but no locking it is way better, especially when someone really has a problem. Then we get some random threads with problems and "what happened with this mod" everywhere.

We will get those anyway. Headlines in CAPTIAL LETTRES and spelling mistakes everywhere.

tHere's no qEust marKer for Sloane in CoolGross castle!!!!! tRied teH secret sLeeping pOtion!!!1elf

I don't expect any of Laura's mods to have a single bug left, but I expect tons of stupid people (the normal amount, that is.)

I'll definitely stay away from the whole site until I'm done playing the new questline.

57 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Or we can simply ask people, to avoid talking about specifics on the new storyline for a week or so, when commenting on how amazing it is (and it will be amazing of course). unless there is a bug then that could be justifiable and helpful for others then.

You expect people to read a single line before asking their petty questions? I know faith in humankind when I sees one. You have my respect, sir!

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

You expect people to read a single line before asking their petty questions? I know faith in humankind when I sees one. You have my respect, sir!

I thank you for the kind comment :)

Although, i don't really -expect- anyone to do anything, really. I just "hope" they will do the right thing, if someone asks nicely for some consideration, that's all.

Maybe I am just a bit old fashioned in that respect, and, as my own children put it, a "dinosaur" in the things i believe in, that people -can- show consideration, thoughtfulness, and kindness (even though I am proven wrong very often), but I do believe in these things, and like to think that others do as well.

Heh.. There's always hoping, right ?

:)