Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

4 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Well, the function ForceEquipDevice() still is present in zadlibs, so it should still work ?

SwapDevices() is more useful for the scenery in the temple after touching the ore during the "A Strange Rock" quest...

So basically everything where a RemoveDevice() is directly followed by an EquipDevice() should be replaced, sooner or later 

ForceEquipDevices() is depreciated, but LockDevice() has that feature built in. I'll obviously use the newer version when I update it. And I'll take a look at SwapDevices() when I get around to it.

But like you said, it's still in zadlibs so it should work.

3 minutes ago, Thingolf said:

hm, in my game all I see of Lauras shop is a floating door close to the mountains..

Try putting my mod lower than the other one in your loadorder. Maybe that'll fix it.

On 11/24/2020 at 11:13 PM, Tenri said:

The Wartimes House and the shop are across the road from each other, but unless Laura's shop gets new things in the overworld cell that I am unaware of they are merely close together, and don't overlap to my knowledge.

It works together. I tried it a while ago.

19 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I just realised that I can post whatever I want here because it's my thread. :D

So here's a meme:

Yes, you certainly can, lol! And thanks, that was funny! 

I literally just got finished a skype call with some family and it was quite funny because people kept disappearing and coming back on, sometimes without video. It was a real technology challenge for some of them, lol! So this meme made me laugh.  

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

So here's a meme:

:classic_ohmy: What's that ancient ion emitter gadget in front of his head?

I think we found a piece of that on the attic, earlier this year and immediately brought it to the recycling yard. Before it hurts anyone. :classic_unsure:

Suggestion: Rescue Missions

Setup: Laura gets word of a group of bandits capturing women and asks the dragon born to rescue them. Laura also asks the dragon born to collect any bandit restraints found at the camp and on the slaves as she wants the restrains for herself does not want these restraints to end up in the wrong hands again. Laura will pay with gold, keys or toys for any bandit restraints brought back.

• The bandit restraints are custom devices that start with the word "Bandit-" like "Bandit- Armbinder" or "Bandit- Gag". These devices have no key.  They cannot be removed without help.

Next Step: The dragon born gets a quest marker to a bandit camp. This could be any existing bandit camp that now has a few bound women as well.  First the dragon born defeats the bandits. Then frees the women by removing and keeping their restraints.  Once all the women are free the dragon born returns to Laura.

• (Optional) Once being freed, one of the women informs the dragon born that bandits were pulling the restraints out of a chest nearby.  The dragon born finds the chest and opens it to find a "Large box of restraints".  The dragon born is able to bring this box back to Laura for an extra reward. This does not happen on every mission, it's just a bonus that occasionally happens.

Mission End: The dragon born returns to Laura with the restraints and is offered a reward.  The dragon born selects the reward and the mission ends with all the bandit restraints being removed from dragon born's inventory.

• If the dragon born bound themselves in some of the bandit restraints then Laura will say: "I know the bandit's didn't tie you up because they would not have let you leave. Since you like being tied up, I will replace some of your current restraints with new ones that you can struggle out of." After the restraints are replaced, the dragon born selects a reward and the mission ends with all the remaining bandit restraints being removed from dragon born's inventory.
  • (Optional) If the dragon born has the "Large box of restraints".  The selected award is doubled.
21 hours ago, SirCrazy said:

Suggestion: Rescue Missions

Setup: Laura gets word of a group of bandits capturing women and asks the dragon born to rescue them. Laura also asks the dragon born to collect any bandit restraints found at the camp and on the slaves as she wants the restrains for herself does not want these restraints to end up in the wrong hands again. Laura will pay with gold, keys or toys for any bandit restraints brought back.

• The bandit restraints are custom devices that start with the word "Bandit-" like "Bandit- Armbinder" or "Bandit- Gag". These devices have no key.  They cannot be removed without help.

Next Step: The dragon born gets a quest marker to a bandit camp. This could be any existing bandit camp that now has a few bound women as well.  First the dragon born defeats the bandits. Then frees the women by removing and keeping their restraints.  Once all the women are free the dragon born returns to Laura.

• (Optional) Once being freed, one of the women informs the dragon born that bandits were pulling the restraints out of a chest nearby.  The dragon born finds the chest and opens it to find a "Large box of restraints".  The dragon born is able to bring this box back to Laura for an extra reward. This does not happen on every mission, it's just a bonus that occasionally happens.

Mission End: The dragon born returns to Laura with the restraints and is offered a reward.  The dragon born selects the reward and the mission ends with all the bandit restraints being removed from dragon born's inventory.

• If the dragon born bound themselves in some of the bandit restraints then Laura will say: "I know the bandit's didn't tie you up because they would not have let you leave. Since you like being tied up, I will replace some of your current restraints with new ones that you can struggle out of." After the restraints are replaced, the dragon born selects a reward and the mission ends with all the remaining bandit restraints being removed from dragon born's inventory.
  • (Optional) If the dragon born has the "Large box of restraints".  The selected award is doubled.

That's a good one. I'd love to add more repeatable quests in the future and a rescue quest would be really cool.

This is kinda similar to Seeking The Curse though. It's also: Go to restraints, take restraints, return. That's not a bad thing, but it could be best to add it as a possiblilty in STC.

Also, (reliably) spawning the rescuees is going to be a technical nightmare I think. But I still love the idea.

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

spawning the rescuees is going to be a technical nightmare I think.

This idea let me think about Hydra slave girl with DD patch which did spawn captured NPC in every bandit camp. You can check that mod for similarity code.

Also if the technical nightmare is about spawn the girl with timed event then you can check DCL bound girl. I think that feature of DCL is exactly what you find except that DCL spawn randomly in a set timer and yours is spawn when quest trigger. Kimy did optimize that feature so that when the bound girl despawn it left no remnant.

I just found this mod and I played through the whole story in one night! I was sad when I got the pop-up it'd ended.

It was really great, I love how it feels more like interacting with real characters, the dialogue and characterisation are very unique and it adds so much to the experience. The nature of the scenes in the quests and requests suits my kink perfectly and the effort put into the characters and dialogue makes everything feel more personal and meaningful. I'm an aspiring writer, so I know how hard that is to do well, too.

The repeatable quests are cool, I hope some of the ideas in this thread (like being a display model), get implemented. I thought about making a mod, or extending some of my favourites, so, so much of this mod is an inspiration for me.

I would have liked a way to keep the (delivery) collar for the other quests too, since it's my character's (uhh.., my) motivation for doing the quests and helping out, of course, I can add it with the console, but that's not really the same since nobody notices. Sorry if I missed that it's already a feature.

just had a thought on something.

Laura used to be "owned" and "earned" her freedom and now runs this shop and has her fun obviously. but what if, say, her old "owner" somehow got into financial trouble and "happened" to sell Laura's slave contract (even though he doesn't own her anymore, but the debtors don't know that lol) to settle that debt.

the Dragonborn gets a letter to come to the shop ASAP, and is told Laura's been kidnapped, and now it's the Dragonborn to the rescue, and along the way of course, manages to get herself into "Sweet Gwendoline" types of troubles that she needs to get out of...

prolly would be difficult to even write up a long storyline of something like this, but, maybe this is something that could "inspire" other ideas in that wickedly devilish mind of yours.. maybe ?

38 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

somehow got into financial trouble

Since the Captured Dreams shop Mod is getting a rework (I think), technically you could say the Owner had to close it due to financial trouble (the mod being deleted from LL) and is trying to collect money to open it again (the future version of Captured Dreams)

Although I dunno if the Owner would be malicious enough to keep contracts of free slaves, also even decide to lie about selling a proper contract AND get Laura into trouble. As far as I remember from playing this mod, Laura and her Owner were more than just business accomplices and Laura was special to her Master. I feel like she would never try to hurt/sell Laura judging by how Laura in this Mod talked about her previous life with the Master. My character also served the Master for a while and she didn´t seem like the person to do such horrible thing. She was actually quite nice and reasonable if you did what she said ?

EDIT: Just to clear something up I noticed, I´m referencing the Captured Dreams Shop because that´s where Laura used to work (I think).

2 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Since the Captured Dreams shop Mod is getting a rework (I think), technically you could say the Owner had to close it due to financial trouble (the mod being deleted from LL) and is trying to collect money to open it again (the future version of Captured Dreams)

Although I dunno if the Owner would be malicious enough to keep contracts of free slaves, also even decide to lie about selling a proper contract AND get Laura into trouble. As far as I remember from playing this mod, Laura and her Owner were more than just business accomplices and Laura was special to her Master. I feel like she would never try to hurt/sell Laura judging by how Laura in this Mod talked about her previous life with the Master. My character also served the Master for a while and she didn´t seem like the person to do such horrible thing. She was actually quite nice and reasonable if you did what she said ?

EDIT: Just to clear something up I noticed, I´m referencing the Captured Dreams Shop because that´s where Laura used to work (I think).

i thought the same thing, but like i said maybe the idea can inspire something else in that mind of hers, never know lol

10 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i thought the same thing, but like i said maybe the idea can inspire something else in that mind of hers, never know lol

You´re actually inspiring me with something here. Maybe an old friend that Laura knew from the Captured Dreams Shop (both were working there) has gotten into some trouble and now the Player can go help said friend. This could either later on become an employee of Laura´s Shop or the players companion. Though as you said this sort of stuff can be lots of work ?

I've played through most of the quests. Great mod, well done story. Love the two woman talking small talk after scenes. You've got the little details right and this matters.

I love the "tributes" to Captured Dreams. CD was one of 3 mods that I learned from when I first started writing Shout Like a Virgin, so it was fun to see that.

1. Its been mentioned before but often the dialogue stops displaying. The mouth is moving, and the time is passing but nothing to read. I don't know what could cause that I've not had that problem. I've never done as long dialogue scenes before. Sometimes dialogue will be hidden if you are in Freecam mode, but that's not the case here. But something is going on when you transition from a forcegreet to a another branch
  2. I'm running with DD5. No way to turn the DD animation filter off. This is causing some of the sexlab scenes to have the "stacked actors" problem (they stand there, not animating). It's maybe 1 out of 4, and random-ish. I expected this. One time a scene aborted with no animations but your mod did recover, just no scene happened. This is also the DD Filter.
  3. During the optional sexlab scene in the Inn, during Trapped Hunter, the armbinder came off, but not put back on. This could be DD5 Filter doing the device hiding, but normally it would go back on. Not sure if it was your mod doing it intentionally.
  4. The reason I'm playing around is actually to test with Shout Like a Virgin. You do a good job of NOT removing devices that are not to be removed. Only exception has been nipple devices. When you put on a bra, the nipple device that should not be removed, is removed.
13 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

This idea let me think about Hydra slave girl with DD patch which did spawn captured NPC in every bandit camp. You can check that mod for similarity code.

Also if the technical nightmare is about spawn the girl with timed event then you can check DCL bound girl. I think that feature of DCL is exactly what you find except that DCL spawn randomly in a set timer and yours is spawn when quest trigger. Kimy did optimize that feature so that when the bound girl despawn it left no remnant.

The biggest problem is that I don't think it's reliable enough. I'm also not a fan of nameless damsels in distress.

12 hours ago, Tetras66 said:

I just found this mod and I played through the whole story in one night! I was sad when I got the pop-up it'd ended.

It was really great, I love how it feels more like interacting with real characters, the dialogue and characterisation are very unique and it adds so much to the experience. The nature of the scenes in the quests and requests suits my kink perfectly and the effort put into the characters and dialogue makes everything feel more personal and meaningful. I'm an aspiring writer, so I know how hard that is to do well, too.

Thank you so much. I think I spend about 80% of the time on writing and coming up with story stuff. And every quest goes through atleast 5 versions before I get it how I want it.

It's a lot of work, but I love doing it. :)

The repeatable quests are cool, I hope some of the ideas in this thread (like being a display model), get implemented. I thought about making a mod, or extending some of my favourites, so, so much of this mod is an inspiration for me.

:blush:

The story has priority right now, but I have a big list of stuff I want to add post-story.

I would have liked a way to keep the (delivery) collar for the other quests too, since it's my character's (uhh.., my) motivation for doing the quests and helping out, of course, I can add it with the console, but that's not really the same since nobody notices. Sorry if I missed that it's already a feature.

I avoid locking the player in unescapable stuff outside of quests on purpose. It can cause issues with other mods and I'd have to account for it in every quest. That can make it horribly complex.

11 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

just had a thought on something.

Laura used to be "owned" and "earned" her freedom and now runs this shop and has her fun obviously. but what if, say, her old "owner" somehow got into financial trouble and "happened" to sell Laura's slave contract (even though he doesn't own her anymore, but the debtors don't know that lol) to settle that debt.

the Dragonborn gets a letter to come to the shop ASAP, and is told Laura's been kidnapped, and now it's the Dragonborn to the rescue, and along the way of course, manages to get herself into "Sweet Gwendoline" types of troubles that she needs to get out of...

prolly would be difficult to even write up a long storyline of something like this, but, maybe this is something that could "inspire" other ideas in that wickedly devilish mind of yours.. maybe ?

That's a good one.

Her old master is from Captured Dreams Shop and that mod has been removed. But I could still find a way to make it work. Maybe someone finds her contract and tries to claim her.

8 hours ago, AkiKay said:

You´re actually inspiring me with something here. Maybe an old friend that Laura knew from the Captured Dreams Shop (both were working there) has gotten into some trouble and now the Player can go help said friend. This could either later on become an employee of Laura´s Shop or the players companion. Though as you said this sort of stuff can be lots of work ?

That would be cool for after the story. :)

4 hours ago, Vortec said:

Personally I'd like to see more quests expanded on Jade...could she possibly be the Sneak thief that all the guards are talking about?, hehe.

I haven't forgotten about Jade. :D

4 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I've played through most of the quests. Great mod, well done story. Love the two woman talking small talk after scenes. You've got the little details right and this matters.

Thank you. :blush:

I love the "tributes" to Captured Dreams. CD was one of 3 mods that I learned from when I first started writing Shout Like a Virgin, so it was fun to see that.

I was a tester for CDS and that's how I learned most of what I know. So I had to include it. :)

1. Its been mentioned before but often the dialogue stops displaying. The mouth is moving, and the time is passing but nothing to read. I don't know what could cause that I've not had that problem. I've never done as long dialogue scenes before. Sometimes dialogue will be hidden if you are in Freecam mode, but that's not the case here. But something is going on when you transition from a forcegreet to a another branch

This hasn't actually been reported much. There was one that had something similar and we found out it was an outdated Fuz Ro D-oh install.

It also hasn't came up during testing.

1. I'm running with DD5. No way to turn the DD animation filter off. This is causing some of the sexlab scenes to have the "stacked actors" problem (they stand there, not animating). It's maybe 1 out of 4, and random-ish. I expected this. One time a scene aborted with no animations but your mod did recover, just no scene happened. This is also the DD Filter.

Weird, don't know if I can do anything about that.

1. During the optional sexlab scene in the Inn, during Trapped Hunter, the armbinder came off, but not put back on. This could be DD5 Filter doing the device hiding, but normally it would go back on. Not sure if it was your mod doing it intentionally.

My mod doesn't remove anything there I think. But I do remember seeing reports of this in the DD thread.

1. The reason I'm playing around is actually to test with Shout Like a Virgin. You do a good job of NOT removing devices that are not to be removed. Only exception has been nipple devices. When you put on a bra, the nipple device that should not be removed, is removed.

Thank you. I always try to keep it as simple and compatible as possible. :)

The nipple thingies being removed is probably because of ForceEquipDevice() being used for the bra. I'll replace those in the next update.

This happened to me too

Crap. So it isn't as backwards compatible as I thought.

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's a good one.

Her old master is from Captured Dreams Shop and that mod has been removed. But I could still find a way to make it work. Maybe someone finds her contract and tries to claim her.

It would be neat if Katarina would approach or nofity the player that Laura has disappeared and Katarina would join you as your companion on the quest. Would be really interesting since Katarina knows her way around locks aswell so possibly the player gets locked in some bondage in the quest and Katarina just luckily happens to know how to remove them. ? Would be nice to get to know her a little more too during the adventure because she doesn´t have much to say usually. Though it would be a bit difficult as you´d basically be forced to do the quest or else this Mod is broken since you never rescued Laura. Although I´m sure Katarina wouldn´t take a no when it comes to saving her best friend. She either has to bribe the player or... use other measures ? (Technically she could use one of the cursed devices Laura doesn´t sell to make the player help her (and apologize later, she only did it out of desperation) but I´m not sure if Katarina would do that (Would certainly be interesting though... ?) ) There would have to atleast be some way to force the player to help because being able to refuse and make Katarina save Laura alone would really kill the mood in the mod and I´m pretty sure Laura and Katarina wouldn´t take that very well. (Would leave room for evil players though) But it´d be a miracle if the player wasn´t banned from the shop (making the Mod useless) after leaving Laura to her fate and putting Katarina into danger aswell by making her do it alone. Technically this could lead to punishments and apologies but I feel like in a realistic sense Laura and Katarina wouldn´t even want to spend any more time with the player and just straight up ban her. But going back to the quest itself, I feel like choices would be neat aswell. Kind of like in GTA V where you select an approach (Sneaky or Guns blazing). Here you could either choose to just murder everyone together with Katarina or sneak in alone (maybe even let yourself be captured to pull strings behind their backs). Being captured could either go really well or.... they´d expect you to do some kinky stuff (Together with Laura, with someone else or alone). Rushing in and murdering everyone could prove dangerous as they´d likely have armed guards and the slavemaster wouldn´t take the 2 intruders lightly. Sneaking in could be a good option but someone could easily jump you, hold you down and scream for help if you don´t watch your surroundings, this basically leading to the captured approach. The captured approach could also have some branches going off to not being able to escape at all through bad choices or managing to escape your bonds and rescuing Laura. Failing to escape would leave Katarina with now Two Damsel in Distress to rescue and she´d find a way in to somehow throw you a key down or unlock you and give you a weapon. Would definetly make for an interesting quest with lots of flexible choices. And it would feel really alive aswell due to the NPCs playing a big role. In my opinion it´s unfair how the player is usually always wins/plays the biggest role and NPCs are always the unfortunate ones / "Just NPCs". But especially with the being captured part it would be the other way around Katarina would now be a protagonist coming to save you (and Laura of course). Would make you feel more like a normal (and vulnerable) person rather than the unkillable,strong oh-so-great Hero, which in my opinion is nice. In the end you´d always rescue Laura but depending on your choices it can go a lot of different ways, some being better and some worse (depends if you see kinky stuff as worse ?) Laura would then offer you something nice like a discount or possibly even a unique device for you to have as a souvenir of the Shop and as a thank you, like a collar for example (maybe one of the lesser used ones in DD). Could give you some nice effects boosting some stats at the cost of for some reason liking ballgags a lot more (just like Laura....  Mhhm.... ?). 

Just some ideas ?