Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

11 hours ago, DeWired said:

I have a strange suspicion that Devious Devices Expansion isn't actually installed...

Huh really? well i installed it through vortex, and i run skyrim through mod organizer, so technically everything should be working, i'll just install it again, thanks for looking into it! I mean by looking at the expansion page, and what its supposed to do, everything is working correctly, and im running SE version btw.

Edit: I solved it and you helped me by pointing me in right direction, im playing on SE version, i remember when i installed DD for SE, vortex was bitching at me that it was missing masters like the expansion and rest, so i installed those now, but now i realised they were for LE and that DD for SE already has those, now vortex is happy and everything works so im also happy! thanks again for taking time to look at it.

9 minutes ago, NiX10 said:

i installed it through vortex, and i run skyrim through mod organizer

I can't imagine that would work. Using one manager to install mods and another to run the game is asking for trouble. I'm no expert on Vortex, or on SE, but I can't see how MO would be able to detect a Vortex mod. You should really be using a single manager to both install mods and run the game.

32 minutes ago, merManc said:

I can't imagine that would work. Using one manager to install mods and another to run the game is asking for trouble. I'm no expert on Vortex, or on SE, but I can't see how MO would be able to detect a Vortex mod. You should really be using a single manager to both install mods and run the game.

Dunno, thats the way i learned, im new to skyrim modding, i tried installing through MO2 but its bit confusing, i just install it through vortex, deploy it, then go into MO2 sort out the mod list and either just run it normal with skse or through MO2, i dunno, everything seems to be working correct especially now that i sorted out that DD problem.

52 minutes ago, NiX10 said:

Dunno, thats the way i learned, im new to skyrim modding, i tried installing through MO2 but its bit confusing, i just install it through vortex, deploy it, then go into MO2 sort out the mod list and either just run it normal with skse or through MO2, i dunno, everything seems to be working correct especially now that i sorted out that DD problem.

Well, if it's working for you and you're happy with it, there's no reason to change things. One thing I would always advise someone new to modding, though, is to pick the one mod manager you're most comfortable with and stick with only that one. It will be much less confusing that way, and less chance of things going wrong.

If you want to use a specific mod manager, but find it confusing, then it would be best to watch/read some tutorials, have a play around with it, learn by doing and trial and error, ask questions in the tech support forums if you need to, and see if you can get the hang of it. And do be cautious of people insisting that if you're not using a certain manager you're doing it wrong. The only wrong manager to use is one you're not personally happy with.

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Absolutely love the mod!!! Couple of things:

1. In the What she deserves quest, would it be possible for the pc to have a speech option at the end when speaking to Laura, "Tell me why I shouldn't Kill/Make you pay?" I feel that with Syrim's natural harshness, the lack of an emotional response to the "non-consensual almost slavery" breaks the immersion a little bit. It feels a bit too fluffy. Minor issue, though, still an awesome quest.

2. Ok, I'm totally noobing out here, but in the "Blending In" quest, I've got the storage key, done the errand about the legbinder, unlocked the option with adermand to change blindfold/gag, but now I have no clue how to proceed. Speaking to everyone has no errand popup, the storage guard (forget his name) still blocks my attempts to get in there. Tried waiting 5 hrs to see if another event timer occurs, nothing. A little hint as to what to do next would be awesome. 

Thankyou for the great mod :)

16 minutes ago, svandalbear said:

2. Ok, I'm totally noobing out here, but in the "Blending In" quest, I've got the storage key, done the errand about the legbinder, unlocked the option with adermand to change blindfold/gag, but now I have no clue how to proceed. Speaking to everyone has no errand popup, the storage guard (forget his name) still blocks my attempts to get in there. Tried waiting 5 hrs to see if another event timer occurs, nothing. A little hint as to what to do next would be awesome.

The option to switch blindfold and gag is important. You can't make yourself understood if you're gagged, so you won't be able to ask anyone for help. On the other hand, you can't read ledgers if you're blindfolded.

49 minutes ago, svandalbear said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Absolutely love the mod!!! Couple of things:

1. In the What she deserves quest, would it be possible for the pc to have a speech option at the end when speaking to Laura, "Tell me why I shouldn't Kill/Make you pay?" I feel that with Syrim's natural harshness, the lack of an emotional response to the "non-consensual almost slavery" breaks the immersion a little bit. It feels a bit too fluffy. Minor issue, though, still an awesome quest.

I know what you mean. But the "Find someone else to do you dirty work." response is also pretty emotional I think.

You're right though. The player has every right to be angry. I'll probably add it.

49 minutes ago, svandalbear said:

Thankyou for the great mod :)

Thank you. :blush:

6 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I know what you mean. But the "Find someone else to do you dirty work." response is also pretty emotional I think.

You're right though. The player has every right to be angry. I'll probably add it.

Thankyou for the v quick response :) It doesn't have to be followed through, the standard apology Laura gives is fine. Once again fine work!!!

45 minutes ago, merManc said:

The option to switch blindfold and gag is important. You can't make yourself understood if you're gagged, so you won't be able to ask anyone for help. On the other hand, you can't read ledgers if you're blindfolded.

Yh, but when I have the blindfold on, and no gag, I've talked to every one I can, and I get nothing.... I know the ledger I want is in the storage room, I just can't seem to talk my way in there. I'll keep at it, the only option I can think of that I haven't tried is to talk to no 27 whilst in the cage with her, only through the bars. Hmmm maybe I need to sleep on it.

6 minutes ago, svandalbear said:

Yh, but when I have the blindfold on, and no gag, I've talked to every one I can, and I get nothing.... I know the ledger I want is in the storage room, I just can't seem to talk my way in there. I'll keep at it, the only option I can think of that I haven't tried is to talk to no 27 whilst in the cage with her, only through the bars. Hmmm maybe I need to sleep on it.

Yeah, that sounds like something has gone wrong. At the point you're at, you shouldn't be in a cage at all, so speaking to 27 through the bars shouldn't even be possible. She and your character should both be outside all of the cages. And there's definitely dialogue you should be able to access if you're not gagged. I'll have to step aside and see if Laura or anyone else can get to the bottom of that.

2 hours ago, svandalbear said:

Thankyou for the v quick response :) It doesn't have to be followed through, the standard apology Laura gives is fine. Once again fine work!!!

Spoiler for BI:

Spoiler

27 isn't supposed to be in a cage. When you're done with the legbinder task, the next step is to talk to 27 without a gag. If that doesn't work, please let me know what your quest journal says and use the command: getstage Laura_BI_Quest. That'll give show you the quest stage, also let me know what that says.

36 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Spoiler for BI:

Reveal hidden contents

27 isn't supposed to be in a cage. When you're done with the legbinder task, the next step is to talk to 27 without a gag. If that doesn't work, please let me know what your quest journal says and use the command: getstage Laura_BI_Quest. That'll give show you the quest stage, also let me know what that says.

Sorry mis-typed, meant 25. Thx a lot, thought I'd talked to everyone without gag, evidently not lol. All good now Cheers :D

2 hours ago, Vortec said:

Is it possible to include High Poly heads for this Mod?. Tried to convert them myself and it wouldn't work.

I think any stuff like that which is about aesthetics of the locations or NPCs in the mod should come after the mod is more or less complete when it comes to features, I gave a few of the characters KS Hairdos. Besides, editing appearances yourself and adding hair isn't too hard with CK yourself.

Firstly i wanne say its an amazing mod! It surely was alot of work.

But i have maybe a little dumb question. How do i start the next quest of "What She Deserves"? I did the first one, where she makes you drik the potion and Laura imprisons you for a little while. But after that, i somehow cant get the next quest in line to trigger? I saw that there are ~5 Quests after that continue the storyline.
I only can do the "Seeking The Curse"- Quests for now :/ .
I use the 2.02 Version (i tried upgrading, but i had bugs in 3.21 :( ) .
I hope someone can help :( .

2 minutes ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

The story continues in v3.00. The new quests simply aren't present in the version you are using.

Do tell more about the issues you were having with the latest version though, maybe it can be debugged or fixed in subsequent releases.

4 minutes ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

Firstly i wanne say its an amazing mod! It surely was alot of work.

But i have maybe a little dumb question. How do i start the next quest of "What She Deserves"? I did the first one, where she makes you drik the potion and Laura imprisons you for a little while. But after that, i somehow cant get the next quest in line to trigger? I saw that there are ~5 Quests after that continue the storyline.
I only can do the "Seeking The Curse"- Quests for now :/ .

Like Taki said, that version doesn't have them. You'll have to get the newest version.

I hope someone can help :( .

What kind of bugs did you encounter? v3.21 is supposed to be nearly bugless.

20 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

The story continues in v3.00. The new quests simply aren't present in the version you are using.

Do tell more about the issues you were having with the latest version though, maybe it can be debugged or fixed in subsequent releases.

Oh, ok then ill try 3.21 again. Thx ^^.
How do i start the next quest in this version ? Do i have to wait some time or find something etc. ?

17 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Like Taki said, that version doesn't have them. You'll have to get the newest version.

What kind of bugs did you encounter? v3.21 is supposed to be nearly bugless.

All quest i did in 3.21 worked flaless, but two versions of "Seeking The Curse" didnt work for me. The one in solitude and the one in windhelm. I get the quest-objectiv to talk with the man at the bards collage in solitude (to reveal the chest-coordinates) or with the woman in windhelm (forgot names). I can talk to them, that i come from laura, but they dont reveal the position of the chest to me :/. The dialog just closes and they walk away :( (and the quest objective stays the same "Talk to....") .

Edit: I updated via uninstalling 2.02 with the NMM, reinstalling 3.21 and putting it at the same position at the load-order

1 minute ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

How do i start the next quest in this version ? Do i have to wait some time or find something etc. ?

Should be instantly available once you load into the game. Just make sure you have no active LBS quests before upgrading.

2 minutes ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

I can talk to them, that i come from laura, but they dont reveal the position of the chest to me :/. The dialog just closes and they walk away :(

Assuming they don't say anything else but the dialogue just aborts, that looks to be either an alias filling or script issue. Posting a log from the moment of this wouldn't be a terrible idea. Listing your mods that'd affect aspects like this could prove useful as well.

3 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Should be instantly available once you load into the game. Just make sure you have no active LBS quests before upgrading.

Assuming they don't say anything else but the dialogue just aborts, that looks to be either an alias filling or script issue. Posting a log from the moment of this wouldn't be a terrible idea. Listing your mods that'd affect aspects like this could prove useful as well.

I had the Quest "A Strange Rock" active while updating :/. That could have made some problems. Thx for the hint, ill try finishing all open quest before the update.

Yep, the dialogue just aborts. Ill try posting the log. But to my shame i have to ask, how do i get the log ?? Its from papyrus i guess?
Regarding mod list, my Fuz Ro Doh should be up-to-date (61) . DDi and DDe are Version 4.0.0 and DCL is version 8,3. I think DDi, DDe and DCL could make some problems, they are not up-to-date, but i dont know if i can update them without destroying my skyrim/savegame  :(.

Edit: And DDa has Version 3.0

Edit 2: Ill try updating DD, DCL to the most recent versions.

Edit 3: I updated DD and DCL to the most recent versions, but the version 3.21 of LBS still dosent work completely for me :/ . Akali in Windhelm still aborts the dialog at the "Seeking The Curse"-Quest and the next quest for "What She Deserve" still doesnt appear :( .

Edit 4: Ok, i got the papyrus log. After enabling the logging i loaded the save with the "Seeking The Curse"-Quest active and i was standing right in front of Akali in Windhelm. I tried talking like 4 times and saved. I hope this is the right log ?

Papyrus.0.log

11 hours ago, Killey said:

How much of the main quest line do you have written or outlined so far?

I don't have all the dialogue and code done yet, but I have it planned to the end. I want to know where it's going or it'll become a mess. :P

10 hours ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

I had the Quest "A Strange Rock" active while updating :/. That could have made some problems. Thx for the hint, ill try finishing all open quest before the update.

Yep, the dialogue just aborts. Ill try posting the log. But to my shame i have to ask, how do i get the log ?? Its from papyrus i guess?
Regarding mod list, my Fuz Ro Doh should be up-to-date (61) . DDi and DDe are Version 4.0.0 and DCL is version 8,3. I think DDi, DDe and DCL could make some problems, they are not up-to-date, but i dont know if i can update them without destroying my skyrim/savegame  :(.

Edit: And DDa has Version 3.0

Edit 2: Ill try updating DD, DCL to the most recent versions.

Edit 3: I updated DD and DCL to the most recent versions, but the version 3.21 of LBS still dosent work completely for me :/ . Akali in Windhelm still aborts the dialog at the "Seeking The Curse"-Quest and the next quest for "What She Deserve" still doesnt appear :( .

Edit 4: Ok, i got the papyrus log. After enabling the logging i loaded the save with the "Seeking The Curse"-Quest active and i was standing right in front of Akali in Windhelm. I tried talking like 4 times and saved. I hope this is the right log ?

Papyrus.0.log 151.45 kB · 3 downloads

Did you start a new game after updating? Some mods you updated may need that and not doing it can mess things up.

Please check if everything is up to date and then start a new save and try it again. If it still doesn't work, please upload that papyrus log.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Did you start a new game after updating? Some mods you updated may need that and not doing it can mess things up.

Please check if everything is up to date and then start a new save and try it again. If it still doesn't work, please upload that papyrus log.

Unfortuanetly, i didnt made a new save ?, i didnt wanted to lose my character-progress, but for your mod i will try ^^.

Thx for the help, especially @Laura 'Lokomootje' and @Taki17.
Sry for the trouble