[WIP] P3RDi7i0N - Modular Cyberpunk Themed Outfit

Aegis

20 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Sayeth the poster on Lovers Lab, a site centered around lewd modding. 

Just pointing out the severe dissonance here. 

TBOS releases free stuff. I'd make the argument that the so called author here does not: it has a cost...namely, playing games with people. TBOS has a good rep, and while he's terse...he's a net community asset and makes sure people have quality stuff to use. He does it voluntarily, and he does it without ramping people up in threads, and teasing things they have no reasonable hope of gaining access to. 

Conversely, there's nothing 'free' in the context of this supposed "cyberpunk" mod. You're paying for it now, by having it repeatedly dangled by someone who is behaving in a way that's pretty contrary to the community here. To be blunt, in regards to this mod/thread: This is GUN network style mod making/release, here on LL, which tends to be a bit more open and free; thus the criticism of this 'author' (using the term loosely) and their behavior. If you want exclusive, then GUN is the place. Feel free to spend a lot of time, energy, and head desking trying to get into the private area mod forums. That's their forum, and they're free to run it as they like. It's how their community operates.

LL is, again...significantly different...as I said, it's more open and free. Community and people working together (for the most part) tends to be the norm, and even when it isn't....most authors here are pretty liberal in terms of how they create and release content. That's the community here. That's the baseline. That's the yardstick used to measure the social aspect of whether a person is a gain or drain on the community as a whole. 

The point, which has been missed here is: someone who comes into a forum, talks about "exclusivity" and "limited releases", comes up with insane reasons for doing so...isn't a contributor, or a net gain/asset to the community as a whole, at least not by the standards of the community; they're a drain. One of the community contributors who has a solid rep, with plenty of releases under his belt pointed this out. They're just jerking people around; this was the point TBOS was making. While aegis may well within his rights to do it....it does not mean he's free from criticism for his behavior, nor does it mean it's cool to do here. If you want a community that holds a policy of "Mod makers are exempt from all criticism, and people will be banned for daring to question a mod maker" well, Nexus has you covered. 

I like LL, because the community here is a good one, and generally doesn't tolerate bad actors, or people with an axe to grind, or agenda's they want to foist on people. It's fairly well moderated, not just by the staff...but by the people who actually contribute. Folks like Dago, Ego, TBOS, Rufgt or Halstrom. I'll take 15 more of their type, over one Aegis any day. 

TL;DR: free does not mean free from criticism, or freedom from consequences. 

Masterfully put there

2 hours ago, WandererZero said:

Sayeth the poster on Lovers Lab, a site centered around lewd modding. 

I wasn't criticizing the schlong mods just saying that it is great to see uh, less lewd mods not to mention those outfits are simply gorgeous.

I'm just an outside observer here, been watching this thread for a bit to see what came of it, although things seem to have entered a downward spiral. Aegis is completely in his right to release his work as he sees fit, however, it should have been mentioned from the very beginning that these are conversions. It's common courtesy in the modding community that - even if they don't come from another modder - you cite the source of your assets if they aren't your own. Whether this is a ploy for attention, or a simple misunderstanding due to the source material used in these releases not being fully credited, there's still one big issue here that causes these releases to appear as the former: Artificial scarcity.

"Artificial scarcity is the scarcity of items that exists even though either the technology for production or the sharing capacity exists to create a theoretically limitless abundance or at least a greater quantity of production than currently exists."

It's quite obvious how this applies to these releases. The artificial limitation of available copies causes a manufactured sense of urgency and rarity which would otherwise not be present. As these releases are indeed free for all other intents and purposes, Aegis does not stand to make money off of this artificial rarity, so the only other thing there is to reasonably gain is attention and/or notoriety. While I'm not saying this was his original intent, that is how it has played out. This sense of artificial scarcity would be partially if not completely eliminated if it was widely known that the source materials for these releases were publicly available elsewhere.

If Aegis is indeed truthful in his assertion that he is not doing this for the attention, but rather wanting to "keep a low profile", then including source links in future releases that use work other than his own would solve the issue at hand.

If I was looking at this thread through a moderator point of view, I would see the words "keep a low profile" as way of saying "I'm putting illegal shit on loverslab".

At the end of the day if he/she(that means anyone) were to site sources in this context it would be incriminating, Because the site he/she bought the models and textures off does not allow their models or textures to be used in anything beyond 2d photos and videos, To protect said items against theft,

Here is Daz3d,com EULA for Reference

https://www.daz3d.com/EULA            

And at this point I do not want any of these "mods" anymore than I want anal cancer. this content will by US laws on copywrite does nothing but hurt loverslab in the future. so this thread is

4 hours ago, Dudemer said:

If I was looking at this thread through a moderator point of view, I would see the words "keep a low profile" as way of saying "I'm putting illegal shit on loverslab".

At the end of the day if he/she(that means anyone) were to site sources in this context it would be incriminating, Because the site he/she bought the models and textures off does not allow their models or textures to be used in anything beyond 2d photos and videos, To protect said items against theft,

Here is Daz3d,com EULA for Reference

https://www.daz3d.com/EULA           

Lol before you burst an artery, I wish you had at least the mental acuity to read through the entire EULA before jumping to any conclusions. Though I suppose that is par for the course of the "holier than though" sycophants.

https://www.daz3d.com/interactive-license-info

In case you are still confused, by purchasing the interactive license for the said product, I have the right to upload/share the 3d assets for any types of 3d interactive medium (games, applications, etc) for non commercial purposes. In fact, I can literally upload my mods onto the nexus and I would not be breaking any copyright laws.

Capture.PNG.ebbbb2812c1a3ba363ff17cdb43dae1e.PNG

But hey, what do I know. I'm sure you are the expert after your 5min cursory glance of the daz eula.

And while we are on the topic of ports: look around you, 90% of the armor mods on LL are ported from elsewhere - at least I have the license to do so.

For those who argue that the mods I release for free have hidden costs - what hidden cost? Can't figure out my puzzles? Quit trying. Missed the mod releases because someone else got there before you? Don't click on my thread. What would you have lost if you just ignored my posts? Jesus, the level of entitlement here is truly staggering.

If I'm spending ~$70 + time/effort to bring each mod to fallout, then I'm sure as hell going to dictate how/when/if I release them.

Oh and I welcome constructive criticism. It's not even like I don't listen - I did just agree to extend my release period to 7 days, before everything went to the gutter.

51 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Lol before you burst an artery, I wish you had at least the mental acuity to read through the entire EULA before jumping to any conclusions. Though I suppose that is par for the course of the "holier than though" sycophants.

https://www.daz3d.com/interactive-license-info

In case you are still confused, by purchasing the interactive license for the said product, I have the right to upload/share the 3d assets for any types of 3d interactive medium (games, applications, etc) for non commercial purposes. In fact, I can literally upload my mods onto the nexus and I would not be breaking any copyright laws.

Capture.PNG.ebbbb2812c1a3ba363ff17cdb43dae1e.PNG

But hey, what do I know. I'm sure you are the expert after your 5min cursory glance of the daz eula.

I will admit I was wrong and jump the gun.

I have now read through the EULA now, I have a habit to skip over things when I read do to my dyslexia. I've bin trying to improve on that but I am not perfect still just a fat clown at the end of the day.

DUDEMER Fat clown.jpg

6 hours ago, Aegis said:

And while we are on the topic of ports: look around you, 90% of the armor mods on LL are ported from elsewhere - at least I have the license to do so.

For those who argue that the mods I release for free have hidden costs - what hidden cost? Can't figure out my puzzles? Quit trying. Missed the mod releases because someone else got there before you? Don't click on my thread. What would you have lost if you just ignored my posts? Jesus, the level of entitlement here is truly staggering.

If I'm spending ~$70 + time/effort to bring each mod to fallout, then I'm sure as hell going to dictate how/when/if I release them.

Oh and I welcome constructive criticism. It's not even like I don't listen - I did just agree to extend my release period to 7 days, before everything went to the gutter.

Would you also be willing to cite your sources in the future? I take no issue with your method of release, as to the best of my knowledge (having not read the entire LL ToS) it is not against site rules. However, there is something to be said about proper crediting. Most, if not all armor ports at least mention that they're a port, and those that don't will usually get flak for it one way or another. While certainly not a written-in-stone requirement, especially with a proper license, it speaks volumes of someone on whether they include proper credits or not.

5 hours ago, Aegis said:

The difference between the ports on LL and you is that you're being a bit of an asshole about it and no one likes an asshole. 

It doesn't matter how much you spend on it, it's about how you act and you've been nothing but an asshole to people, so you brought this on yourself. I would welcome someone sharing your shit just to spite you at this point because fuck you personally for being such an asshole to people. 

Get deaded on, bitch.

*Shrugs* Aegis' photos on Flickr are friggin' gorgeous. Would I have liked to try the mods for them? Sure, of course. But if I can't try them there are a thousand things in life I'd want more if I could have a wish fulfilled. I'd want nerves to grow back, police to actually protect people, a system of actual justice, and a zillion other things. Whether somebody is rude on the internet just doesn't fit in the scheme of things I care about anymore.

To be fair if I could go to a certain web site that starts with a "P" and throw money at you Aegis (like a french whore) for the armor/outfit I would do so with gosto if means not have to deal with your "holier than though" ass

I already made a fool of myself for not reading all that I should have, so here is my suggestion if you do go to the P site set the first tier of the P site to $25.00 or $35.00 you can make back what you spent an more some in about 7 to 8 people and considering there is about 20 to 30 people already following this thread linking it here might be a good idea too.

I have tried in vain as many of you have no doubt to acquire some of these outfits but just have not been able to for one reason or another. At the time I did not understand why, but just shrugged it off and moved on. There are after all many other really nice creations that have been posted to partake of without having to act like a trained poodle. I suppose that Aegis is within his rights to release his ports as he wishes since he purchased the license to do so and did the actual porting. All I really know is it makes me appreciate the others that do not indulge in these practices all the more and I quit wasting time long ago trying to get these outfits. Suggest those of you who are irritated do the same. A clown is only a clown as long as there is an audience to provide the laughs.

I have literally no skin in this game, as I personally don't dig on this, there's plenty of armor/clothing to choose from in Fallout 4 mod land. No need to get hung up on any one mod. However, I do care about this community. So with that said...

21 hours ago, Aegis said:

"Sorry Tommy no can do, if I started giving you crumbs pretty soon I'd have to give them to everyone" 

-Angelica Pickles, Rugrats

The issue, as I stated before is not your prerogatives. Every mod maker absolutely has the right to decide where and how they release their mods.

But more to the point:  It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it, Angelica. While every mod maker absolutely has a right to decide where, when and how...most mod makers don't behave like you do; and the majority of them do not behave like that here on LL. The banality of your approach to things here is readily apparent. You want to show off your designs? There's screenshot threads. (A place loaded with pics containing private, and in many cases, unavailable mods to most) But, to be frank...dangling the hope of someone, maybe, possibly getting access to your "K-R4D AW3S0m3 mAwD" is the problem here. As TBOS points out: it's blatant attention seeking. You can, of course...do that here. Nobody can stop you.  If you want to maintain exclusivity, if you want to dangle meat in front of a dog....and be insufferable about it, well...as I said, GUN is where that sort of stuff flies. You can of course, continue on in this thread, but you'll need to deal with the criticism of people who take a dim view on your community negative behavior. A number of people have pointed this out. 

In short: you want people to accept your "right to exclusivity", then you're going to need to accept that people are going to keep taking a dim view of your behavior and will express it whether you like it or not. You can, of course keep using circumferential logic to justify your position, but the more you do....the more ridiculous you sound....as you do in the above quote. 

21 hours ago, Aegis said:

It's actually not that clear because the EULA 3.0 addendum allows for incorporation of CRT content into interactive works, and explicitly states that discrete (i.e. separate) distribution of the the CRT content (or modifications thereof) is not allowed while stating that works that do use CRT must require the CRT content or only have limited function without the content. Mods do not fit that definition since they're not interactive works in the first place, but modifications of existing works, and are not required in anyway for the base game to work.

It's fairly clear that most asset mods are just distributing the modified model itself, hence it's likely against the EULA from my perspective. They go out of their way to make it very clear that usage of their models as non-primary content, such as loot box items and separately purchasable content, is not allowed without seeking direct written consent.

Here's the actual relevant section:

https://www.daz3d.com/eula#sectionThree

tl;dr: The interactive license is for if you make an actual game. If you're making something that distributes the content discretely outside of a game, for example microtransaction DLC, loot box item, and very likely mods, you need to get explicit written consent from DAZ.

From what I have seen, this thread has become more and more chaotic. It's really annoying and I feel I need to share my opinion on this:

1. The window for downloads are way to short. I have other things to do and don't have time to scoure this thread 24/7. Granted, I appricate that I now have 7 days to check-in... However, you have to keep looking for the download links, as it has an nasty tendency to get burried by comments, screenshot's etc. which doesn't help. Not to mention the annoyence to see the link you wanted, is already dead and thus: "no mods for you". The same annoyence to find an empty milk carton in the fridge, when you want an ceral meal.

2. Sure, EULA is an thing and yeah; the mod author does convert the outfits from another store.

However;

a) The mod author hasn't, technically, claimed the mod is their creation. However, it's not that well pointed out either that it's an convertion from another site.

b) As far as I know, the mod author hasn't claimed it for commercial benefits. Meaning, the author doesn't charge people for download links. Thus, it doesn't violate the term regarding that point.

3. It's the author's right if they want to share their creation or not. I respect that, but in this case; It's an annoyence. When you have an limited window to grab the mod that is made public, it feels like an tease when you miss it. It is still up for the mod author to decide this, but certaint behaviour will harvest certaint critisism. This is an right that people who will download the mod has. Maybe listen to them who gives an valid critisism, as most likely they want to support the creator?

If you have an question, or want an deeper explenation, I am willing to do so. English is not my native tongue and I may have made myself an little unclear. Not to mention I am hungover when I write this, so please; Pardon my English.

Well I'll let anyone who is begging his ugly ass for a patreon ... It will be a violation of the DAZ3D EULA at that point.... Also 

Three Dimensional Works

DAZ wishes to encourage the expansion of the catalog of Content available to its users. Accordingly, User may access, use, copy, and modify the Content to create one or more derived or additional three-dimensional works provided that: 

any such derived or additional three-dimensional works are designed to require or encourage the use of CRT Content available through the online DAZ store either by (i) requiring the use of such CRT Content to function, or (ii) allowing only limited function when not used in conjunction with CRT Content from the online DAZ store; and

upon receipt of a written request from DAZ, User immediately ceases any and all distribution of the art that User has created from the CRT Content, if DAZ has determined, in its sole discretion, that (i) such art is substantially similar to or is a clone of existing Content; or (ii) such derived or additional work fails to require the use of Content available through the online DAZ store.

The creation of three-dimensional physical representations (3D-print, molded copy, CNC-routed copy, and the like) of Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only for personal, non-commercial use by the User. Additionally, the user may not grant other entities or individuals the right to produce such physical representations of the Content except for the sole purpose of providing the print to the User for their personal use. 
All other rights with respect to the Content and its use are reserved by DAZ and its licensors.

This part of the EULA is the important part, As Aegis is redistributing DAZ3D assets out without requiring the user to purchase the original content, it falls in violation to their EULA. Any other modification is to be done for only Personal Non-commercial use.

Stop being obtuse to have an excuse to not follow a EULA. Just because you paid $70 for a fucking mesh doesn't mean ya don't have to follow the EULA for the program you are buying it from. 

2 hours ago, Unknow Stranger said:

2. Sure, EULA is an thing and yeah; the mod author does convert the outfits from another store.

However;

a) The mod author hasn't, technically, claimed the mod is their creation. However, it's not that well pointed out either that it's an convertion from another site.

b) As far as I know, the mod author hasn't claimed it for commercial benefits. Meaning, the author doesn't charge people for download links. Thus, it doesn't violate the term regarding that point.

The mod author obviously is claiming ownership of the mod they created. They clearly stated that the mod is based on an asset they purchased from the asset store and even provided a screenshot of their receipt, hence they're bound to all the limitations and obligations of the agreement. It's a conversion of a model from the Daz3D Store which is a commercial asset store for Daz3D from which this EULA is from.

Whether or not a user claims commercial benefits is entirely irrelevant: the EULA does not specify that the terms only apply to commercial applications of the CRT, hence applies to all usage of the CRT unless otherwise noted (which it does in a few instances for very specific uses).

35 minutes ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Well I'll let anyone who is begging his ugly ass for a patreon ... It will be a violation of the DAZ3D EULA at that point.... Also 

This part of the EULA is the important part, As Aegis is redistributing DAZ3D assets out without requiring the user to purchase the original content, it falls in violation to their EULA. Any other modification is to be done for only Personal Non-commercial use.

Stop being obtuse to have an excuse to not follow a EULA. Just because you paid $70 for a fucking mesh doesn't mean ya don't have to follow the EULA for the program you are buying it from. 

that part of the eula feels out of context so i looked it up and it seems to be for creating extra parts for an existing mesh i.e. you want to make a cape for a suit that is being sold in the store and so you need to use the mesh of the suit that isn't yours in order to create your asset since your asset connects to that suit and thereby "uses" part of the suit through the vertices where it connects to it.

also i don't understand all this hate for aegis. could someone explain this please. why all the salt? did i miss something? was it something he said? also why are other mod authors throwing their weight around? also why are so many people quoting or posting about the daz3d eula. i mean not that many of us here are legal experts so why not just contact daz3d and let them decide? i don't get any of this.

anyway please stop bloating this thread with salt and unnecessary eula posts: report it to daz instead.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/114296/can-somebody-please-explain-what-this-means-in-the-eula

screen.png

52 minutes ago, MattzG01 said:

that part of the eula feels out of context so i looked it up and it seems to be for creating extra parts for an existing mesh i.e. you want to make a cape for a suit that is being sold in the store and so you need to use the mesh of the suit that isn't yours in order to create your asset since your asset connects to that suit and thereby "uses" part of the suit through the vertices where it connects to it.

also i don't understand all this hate for aegis. could someone explain this please. why all the salt? did i miss something? was it something he said? also why are other mod authors throwing their weight around? also why are so many people quoting or posting about the daz3d eula. i mean not that many of us here are legal experts so why not just contact daz3d and let them decide? i don't get any of this.

anyway please stop bloating this thread with salt and unnecessary eula posts: report it to daz instead.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/114296/can-somebody-please-explain-what-this-means-in-the-eula

screen.png

Honestly man if he just said up front to all that these are just ports and furthermore listed the artist/modeler who made the model/texture to begin with, he probably wouldn't had to much in the way of backlash he did.

Now off topic I suggested a few comments ago that he should go to Patreon maybe set up a pay wall to his "content", but as TBOS stated it would be breaking the EULA if he did, I did not wish any ill will with that suggestion I simply wanted him to go somewhere else to do his dickish shit and thought money would be a good incentive to do that.    

46 minutes ago, xtremeGoose said:

The mod author obviously is claiming ownership of the mod they created. They clearly stated that the mod is based on an asset they purchased from the asset store and even provided a screenshot of their receipt, hence they're bound to all the limitations and obligations of the agreement. It's a conversion of a model from the Daz3D Store which is a commercial asset store for Daz3D from which this EULA is from.

Whether or not a user claims commercial benefits is entirely irrelevant: the EULA does not specify that the terms only apply to commercial applications of the CRT, hence applies to all usage of the CRT unless otherwise noted (which it does in a few instances for very specific uses).

I'm not an lawyer, nor do I have studied law. However; 

The mod author has made an conversion mod, which make it their conversion mod to fallout 4. The mod author didn't create the assets, nor does the author claim it has created them. This is the difference. It's the same way with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27658

Granted; The mod author of that mod did ask for premission to make such an mod, based that the author didn't violate these terms:

"(i) no money will be made from the models or textures used and all donations directed towards me will be rejected,
(ii) i will simply give credit to ubisoft for creating the assets and i will make it clear that ubisoft had no development in the mod but simply allowed me to use there assets to complete said mod,
(iii) i will be completely transparent and make it clear that all assets used where created by ubisoft and never claim to own the rights to them myself."

In terms it make the author have right to claim that it is their conversion mod, but also means they acknowledge that they don't own the assets used in it. Meaning that however you twist and turn it; It's the authors conversion mod, but not their assets. The assets are property of Daz3D and is "lended" to be in use in non-commercial way, as screenshots, video or in this case: an conversion mod.

This is why no-one want to take mods to court. It's an grey area that no-one want to test, as the result may tip in both ways. It can mean the ending of modding or lose of ownership of materials own by an company.

Archived