[WIP] P3RDi7i0N - Modular Cyberpunk Themed Outfit

Aegis

But it's a different thing here 

4 minutes ago, Unknow Stranger said:

I'm not an lawyer, nor do I have studied law. However; 

The mod author has made an conversion mod, which make it their conversion mod to fallout 4. The mod author didn't create the assets, nor does the author claim it has created them. This is the difference. It's the same way with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27658

Granted; The mod author of that mod did ask for premission to make such an mod, based that the author didn't violate these terms:

"(i) no money will be made from the models or textures used and all donations directed towards me will be rejected,
(ii) i will simply give credit to ubisoft for creating the assets and i will make it clear that ubisoft had no development in the mod but simply allowed me to use there assets to complete said mod,
(iii) i will be completely transparent and make it clear that all assets used where created by ubisoft and never claim to own the rights to them myself."

In terms it make the author have right to claim that it is their conversion mod, but also means they acknowledge that they don't own the assets used in it. Meaning that however you twist and turn it; It's the authors conversion mod, but not their assets. The assets are property of Daz3D and is "lended" to be in use in non-commercial way, as screenshots, video or in this case: an conversion mod.

This is why no-one want to take mods to court. It's an grey area that no-one want to test, as the result may tip in both ways. It can mean the ending of modding or lose of ownership of materials own by an company.

Where Ubisoft allows it provided it's not commercially sold or profitted off of... DAZ3D doesn't allow it unless you directly adhere to their terms, which include making it a requirement that you purchase the original asset work for the files to even work. Aegis not doing that is a direct violation and they could be in hot water for it. 

2 minutes ago, Dudemer said:

Honestly man if he just said up front to all that these are just ports and furthermore listed the artist/modeler who made the model/texture to begin with, he probably wouldn't had to much in the way of backlash he did.

Now off topic I suggested a few comments ago that he should go to Patreon maybe set up a pay wall to his "content", but as TBOS stated it would be breaking the EULA if he did, I did not wish any ill will with that suggestion I simply wanted him to go somewhere else to do this dickish shit.    

hey well i like the honesty. i dont really mind it since he did pay for use of the items and since he is porting them and adding stuff not just using them as-is and claiming that he created those things from scratch. setting up a pay wall would be wrong since the original assets aren't his but i see where you were going with that. the thing is that as far as i know, aegis hasn't completed the mod and is just posting pieces so to me it seems fine the way he was handling the dl links since it wasn't a mod, just work in progress. i can see how that's frustrating though but i don't personally mind the cocktease. i think the best thing would be to ignore the "mod" for now since it isn't finished and eventually aegis will post the mod once it's completed. if you are worried that he is just doing this for attention then don't pay him any attention and he'll have no choice other than to release the mod in order to get it. either way, being patient is all you can do since antagonizing people usually isn't how you get things and from what i've seen, aegis has agreed that the dl windows are too short and has since decided to extend them.

40 minutes ago, Unknow Stranger said:

I'm not an lawyer, nor do I have studied law. However; 

The mod author has made an conversion mod, which make it their conversion mod to fallout 4. The mod author didn't create the assets, nor does the author claim it has created them. This is the difference. It's the same way with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27658

Granted; The mod author of that mod did ask for premission to make such an mod, based that the author didn't violate these terms:

The key part is that they asked and received permission when they had no rights whatsoever before that happened. Frankly, I don't think you understand how property or IP law works at all, so I'm going to peace out of this conversation right now.

41 minutes ago, MattzG01 said:

hey well i like the honesty. i dont really mind it since he did pay for use of the items and since he is porting them and adding stuff not just using them as-is and claiming that he created those things from scratch. setting up a pay wall would be wrong since the original assets aren't his but i see where you were going with that. the thing is that as far as i know, aegis hasn't completed the mod and is just posting pieces so to me it seems fine the way he was handling the dl links since it wasn't a mod, just work in progress. i can see how that's frustrating though but i don't personally mind the cocktease. i think the best thing would be to ignore the "mod" for now since it isn't finished and eventually aegis will post the mod once it's completed. if you are worried that he is just doing this for attention then don't pay him any attention and he'll have no choice other than to release the mod in order to get it. either way, being patient is all you can do since antagonizing people usually isn't how you get things and from what i've seen, aegis has agreed that the dl windows are too short and has since decided to extend them.

man your the most level headed person here.

*sigh* I'm not going to bother arguing over technicalities when the entire forum is filled with copyrighted material, it's just not worth my time, energy, or effort.

So, effective immediately, I am cancelling all future public releases.

After all, I make mods for my own enjoyment - I'll stick to screenshots and private releases from now on.

I won't remove my existing mods because that serves no purpose, and because I'm not vindictive, despite what some may believe otherwise.

I harbor no ill will towards the modding community, and I truly appreciate the awesome work others are doing. Yet, like I said before, I prefer to keep a low profile, so that's what I'll do, to avoid further drama/headache.

Can't really think of anything else to add so here's another sentence to pad the empty void...

:fish_tropical: < That's a fish.

56 minutes ago, xtremeGoose said:

The key part is that they asked and received permission when they had no rights whatsoever before that happened. Frankly, I don't think you understand how property or IP law works at all, so I'm going to peace out of this conversation right now.

Frankly; I do not think you know property or IP law that well either.

This is why Modding always has been in the grey zone of the laws regarding this. Not to mention why no-one has tried to take these to court either.

An point I made, which you curiously ignored or neglected to mention.

Not to mention; The author did pay for the assets "lincens", converted them with this mod and only claiming ownership of the conversion mod and not the assets used, for free. (as according to the EULA is fine)

But, thanks to the EULA fight, there is no more conversion's released for this thread.

56 minutes ago, Aegis said:

After all, I make mods for my own enjoyment - I'll stick to screenshots and private releases from now on.

I don’t even know why you’d post screenshots in that situation. The mods are for your own enjoyment and you want to keep a low profile, right? Just don’t talk about them at all and everything is solved. Nothing changes for your private mods, you still make them and enjoy them, and you don’t gain notoriety because no one knows about them but you.

There was someone here years ago that kept on posting screenshots of private Daz3D mods they made for themselves — I think it was related to DD in Skyrim — I don’t really remember the specifics, but it spawned a whole mess of threads and was generally a disaster for months and months because it was assumed that the mods were meant for eventual release, but such was not the case. I think the moderators eventually stepped in the nuked the threads from orbit.

Posting screenshots is going to be that mess all over again and that’s the exact opposite of what you want, yeah?

Bravo ? some forum members should visit psychiatrist and take some sedative pills. Applause ? I hope the raging envy you're feeling won't affect your life. Who am I fooling? - it already affects too much.

Jelaousy has a big role to play in such offensive words. If you can't speak politely - maybe you shouldn't speak btw. Acting like a kids. And again bravo.

Oh... It's Fallout 4 thread. Specially for genious then *sarcasm*.

How to ruin a good thing... jezus christ people, is this the first modding forum you guys have been on!? Why don't you make your own little topic for the legalities of porting models from whatever source to other games instead of hijacking this particular thread. 

@Aegis shame to see you going like this man, not that i see fault in your decision. Hopefully we'll be able to see your mods in our games some day. Keep up the good work none the less!

22 minutes ago, SomeShadow said:

shame to see you going like this man, not that i see fault in your decision. Hopefully we'll be able to see your mods in our games some day. Keep up the good work none the less!

The point you seemed to have missed was, you weren't seeing the mod anyway in the first place. 

You have to have something, before you can lose it. Thus: nothing of value was lost. There are plenty of higher quality mods, clothing, armor and other stuff out there that can be downloaded, without having to play little games with people, or jerking them around. To get hung up on some dude who wants to tease people with the slim hope of perhaps getting a mod is cheap, especially here on LL...where openness is valued, and the community takes a dim view on behavior such as this....is a waste of time and effort. Also, because this bears repeating: nobody is immune to criticism. If you want a community where mod makers are treated as unassailable deities who may never be questioned, well...I assume you know where Nexusmods is. 

If you're content playing slap and tickle with the chance of possibly being able to download something, there are plenty of other venues for that; but LL really isn't one of them. 

32 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

The point you seemed to have missed was, you weren't seeing the mod anyway in the first place. 

You have to have something, before you can lose it. Thus: nothing of value was lost. There are plenty of higher quality mods, clothing, armor and other stuff out there that can be downloaded, without having to play little games with people, or jerking them around. To get hung up on some dude who wants to tease people with the slim hope of perhaps getting a mod is cheap, especially here on LL...where openness is valued, and the community takes a dim view on behavior such as this....is a waste of time and effort. Also, because this bears repeating: nobody is immune to criticism. If you want a community where mod makers are treated as unassailable deities who may never be questioned, well...I assume you know where Nexusmods is. 

If you're content playing slap and tickle with the chance of possibly being able to download something, there are plenty of other venues for that; but LL really isn't one of them. 

What part of ‘preview’ do you not understand? He has stated many times that he doesn’t want to release just the outfit mods, and plan to add quests/scripts/gameplay elements to the outfit mods before general release, like his previous armor mod:

As someone who has tried both the beta 1 and 2 of the perdition mod, I can say for a fact that while the armor mod is really good, it’s much, much, much more fun with the various gameplay effects, changes, etc. 

He mentioned that perdition was basically feature complete, and he was just in the process of adding bodyslide because people asked for it before general release, which is why he shared the bodyslide tests recently, but now we’ll probably never see the mod. 

I honestly don’t know why everyone keeps jumping the gun on these previews despite him stating multiple times that these are just quick teasers, and in no way representative of the final product. 

I think this license thing has got out of hand.

In the early 2000s when I was playing Unreal Tournament you could download mods like Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice taken from different movies or mods for GTA San Andreas with assets from other games like Halo and nobody would give a fck about it but now...

I think the only ones who are benefiting from this are the lawyers. I mean would Arnie get less money if someone used sound clips from his movies in a game mod? or would Microsoft sell less copies of Halo if people used assets from the game to make a mod for GTA?

4 hours ago, LuffMeister said:

I honestly don’t know why everyone keeps jumping the gun on these previews despite him stating multiple times that these are just quick teasers, and in no way representative of the final product. 

Cause he brought it on himself with this behavior. It was eventual that people would begin to criticize and get upset about it, especially when he's teasing everything so hard and as @WandererZero Noted, this community isn't like GUN or Nexus where mod authors are known or able to dangle content in front of people and then force them through hoops to get to preview said content, and if they don't get it make fun of them or be dismissive towards them (and that's perfectly normal and A-OK). 

You can't act a certain way and think that just because you're making mods, you're above criticism and this kind of behavior is usually not taken well around here. The fact that people would rather allow this toxic behavior to fly because "ooh pretty mod" is kinda fucking sad.

Can you read for anything or are you being deliberately obtuse to play Captain save-a-hoe and lick Aegis's Ass at the same time? 

2 hours ago, TheFriskySailor said:

I have followed this thread for a little while, and it truly saddens me to see how the overall lack of gratitude and impatience has ruined the chance of seeing more of Aegis' beautiful creations. 

#SorryNotSorry but read above. 

Khem khm khm. I really don't like to write something in the threads, but I didn't see so much stupid anger since joining in 2012. I respect that you TBOS release your mods in a way you release them and I can understand why are you burning like a xmas tree in hell, but who say that opinion of 2 or 3 people in this thread is an opinion of the whole community? IS IT YOUR FORUM OR THREAD? Is it communism or somthing? You have a right to choose. If you don't like smth then Move Along. Why you keep returning in this thread even after Aegis decided to quit his releases?

Can you ruin smth else than someone's moods?

A few people in this thread were acting like a normal persons. But hey you think that your point of view is the right one!

Keep calm. Karna5 said a really good things earlier. Or internet and internet community is everything to you?

I said it again calm down. Don't be the Bottomhead. You're a reasonable person so be reasonable and not the one really Toxic arrogant man.

1 hour ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Cause he brought it on himself with this behavior. It was eventual that people would begin to criticize and get upset about it, especially when he's teasing everything so hard and as @WandererZero Noted, this community isn't like GUN or Nexus where mod authors are known or able to dangle content in front of people and then force them through hoops to get to preview said content, and if they don't get it make fun of them or be dismissive towards them (and that's perfectly normal and A-OK). 

You can't act a certain way and think that just because you're making mods, you're above criticism and this kind of behavior is usually not taken well around here. The fact that people would rather allow this toxic behavior to fly because "ooh pretty mod" is kinda fucking sad.

Can you read for anything or are you being deliberately obtuse to play Captain save-a-hoe and lick Aegis's Ass at the same time? 

Who are you to dictate what the community wants or how other modders should behave? Who anointed you the voice of reason here on loverslab? You certainly don't represent my opinion or many others in this thread, and you haven't done a single constructive thing since your first comment in this thread. Please peddle your sjw agenda elsewhere.

1 hour ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

#SorryNotSorry but read above. 

This pretty much sums you up right there. You claim to care about the modding community, yet you are doing a pretty fine job driving modders away. Remember, a man keeps to his own affairs, a troll meddles in others' affairs.

Archived