Bad Dog's Skimpy Clothes SE

View File

There are a few revealing armor mods for SOS, but they mostly don't touch the regular clothes. So this mod aims to finish the work by making the rest of the male clothes revealing. I also did revised versions where I thought it was worth it--robes and nightingale armors, for example.  I'll keep adding to this as I have time.

I've done some non-vanilla armors as well, as I encountered them. There are ESPs for Beyond Skyrim Reach and Bruma. Neither are complete yet. Only enable those esps if you have the mod, ofc.

There's also a patch for Immersive Armors there, but it just touches a few armors and I may never finish it. I just don't trust those meshes enough to have them in my game.

LE version here.

Best used with the other SOS revealing armor mods. For convenience I have converted those to SE where necessary, merged them, and packaged them up as "SOS Revealing Consolidated". This contains:

All credit goes to those authors: DarkSchneiderBS, Aoki, and VectorPlexus, plus all the people who have done revealing armors that got folded in by those authors. This stuff has been accumulating over years, so I thought it best to make available a stack that works. I wasn't able to reach all the authors, so if anyone has a problem with this let me know.

Load order:

• - Other mods that change clothes and armors - 
  • SOS Revealing Consolidated, or the mods it's based on
  • Bad Dog Skimpy Clothes SE
  • Bad Dog Skimpy Rustic Patch (if you have Rustic Clothing)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/31/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Regular Edition Compatible

With this, my head canon can remain unviolated and immersion sustained as now the male outfits remain every bit as well ventilated as their female counterparts are in my installation (which puts it a fair bit over the base game with its ridiculously modest, frumpy outfits for female characters that gain a garment when taken from the corpse of a dead man who was clearly not wearing a two piece). You have my appreciation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Can there be a non-replacer version? I'd like these clothes to be some kind of transitionary phase, or alternative, to nakedness, rather than a permanent thing. As often it'd be too cold to go all naked, and just putting revealing in SoS doesn't really work that well with all clothes. Thanks, anyway though.

(tbh I'd also like a female version, though I don't expect that from you. Most skimpy women clothing mods go skimpy from top to bottom rather than bottom to top like this mod does, just a sidenote)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm doing the Immersive Armors, but I gotta say a bunch of these meshes are for shit. The guy stacked a bunch of full armors on top of one another, then made the parts he didn't want transparent. So there are lots of transparent faces that aren't doing anything for you, and some of the parts have the same name, which WILL lead to random crashes on some machines. 

I'm cleaning up some as I go, and I'm fixing the name problems, but OMG.

Hm, I do have some of the 'standard' replacers ported to the Special Edition.

Seeing as their original creatores are kinda MIA or don't seem to plan on porting these...

The vanilla clothing, Dawnguard and Dragonborn were done by DarkSchneiderBS here on LL. The Revealing Armors one was done by Aoki. All from way, way back then - and especially the Dragonborn one is rather messy. (The clothing items use the transparency trick to hide parts of the mesh - and it doesn't quite work with the Special Edition anymore. Can probably be fixed without needing a complete rework. Not motivated enough to go for it myself, though. Sorry.)

The .ESP files were cleaned, however. Even went ahead and fixed some of the armor/clothing data to include the keywords required for Survival mode - although they really are just using the vanilla settings, no rebalancing of any kind and it was just a very quick edit as I went along checking all the items in SSEEdit. Some unused objects were removed and the plugins resaved as pseudo-ESL (ESPFE) so they no longer take up a legacy mod slot while retaining their original .ESP filenames, just in case something does reference them as a master.

If anybody knows of any Oldrim replacers for Dawnguard and Dragonborn that is not relying on the transparency trick.. slip me a link and I might just do a quick port of it. Otherwise, if you feel like fixing these - have fun, I guess?

tl;dr - here you go. quick and dirty. entirely unsupported. looks weird here and there.

Edit: Oh darn, should have mentioned.. there is an order to them - install/load 'Revealing Armors' first, then 'Male Vanilla Armor Conversions', then 'Dawnguard', then 'Dragonborn'.

SOS - Revealing Armors for Schlongs of Skyrim.zip SOS - Male Vanilla Armor Conversions.zip SOS - Male Dawnguard Armor Conversions.rar SOS - Male Dragonborn Armor Conversions.zip

IA had a lot of problems even back in Oldrim. Just on its very own already.

But if you added things like body mods and items or other armors, especially ANYTHING that simply dared to do as much as LOOK in the direction of leveled lists, it would become one wild, ferocious beast.

Chances are it might not be a mesh but IA's general tendency to CTD because of leveled lists. Try a Bashed/Merged Patch - really anything that merges those leveled lists. Thinking back, a few people wanted to do IA conversions for SOS for Oldrim - and nothing ever really came of it, because of IA's reputation to just cause a lot of crashing, constantly. I certainly abandoned it at some point. ?

Still, good luck. ?

• 3 months later...

CK says it has the concealing keyword? Bizarre, and a bug if I did that. 

I have found that it's easy to get all bound up with SOS, where changing keywords in flight puts you in a state where you can't recover the schlong. Anyways I'll look.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for having that Conversation way back when. Been looking for a SoS revealing conversion. Also thanks for your work on IA. I've run it for a while and never had any problems, but I only used those two replacers together at one time, ever. good luck in the future with your mods and I look forward to new updates! :3