[mod] [SxB] Aphrodite's Bow

I've been having this problem recently where shooting NPCs with the imbued Aphrodite's Bow does nothing to them. Right click still shows the "Arousal Maxed!" text but it doesn't seem to have any noticeable impact on the NPC, and the arrow just disappears on hit when using left click, it doesn't turn them into nodes as supposed to. My mod collection's pretty big but about 4 months ago everything worked fine and I haven't added much to it since (cleaned up a bunch of useless mods too the other day). Dunno if it's a conflict or a problem with either this mod or the Sexbound API itself, and the log doesn't really give me any clues either, was hoping someone here could help me pinpoint any suspects

starbound.log

Aphrodite's Bow and Sexbound are both up to date and I've tried installing their unpacked versions too but the issue persisted. Any help would be appreciated!

5 hours ago, CuuC said:

I've been having this problem recently where shooting NPCs with the imbued Aphrodite's Bow does nothing to them. Right click still shows the "Arousal Maxed!" text but it doesn't seem to have any noticeable impact on the NPC, and the arrow just disappears on hit when using left click, it doesn't turn them into nodes as supposed to. My mod collection's pretty big but about 4 months ago everything worked fine and I haven't added much to it since (cleaned up a bunch of useless mods too the other day). Dunno if it's a conflict or a problem with either this mod or the Sexbound API itself, and the log doesn't really give me any clues either, was hoping someone here could help me pinpoint any suspects

starbound.log 157.13 kB · 1 download

Aphrodite's Bow and Sexbound are both up to date and I've tried installing their unpacked versions too but the issue persisted. Any help would be appreciated!

Huh. The log is indeed pretty lame for info... Only mentioning:

[18:16:32.700] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_npc')

This would imply NPCs aren't being recognized/aren't patched correctly, so lemme read through your other mods; We've known a few incompatibilities with Frackin' Universe, Project Redemption and a couple others. This issue in particular was common in FU's crewmembers, but you don't have FU installed... which leads me to question if Project Redemption maybe to blame? At any rate, your API and bow versions are fine, and no other local mods would be interferring, whatever is doing the incompatibility here is on your long workshop list.

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

Huh. The log is indeed pretty lame for info... Only mentioning:

[18:16:32.700] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_npc')

This would imply NPCs aren't being recognized/aren't patched correctly, so lemme read through your other mods; We've known a few incompatibilities with Frackin' Universe, Project Redemption and a couple others. This issue in particular was common in FU's crewmembers, but you don't have FU installed... which leads me to question if Project Redemption maybe to blame? At any rate, your API and bow versions are fine, and no other local mods would be interferring, whatever is doing the incompatibility here is on your long workshop list.

Seems that's not the case, I've removed Project Redemption and started up a different character and the same exact error came up.

Another thing worth noting is that merchants seem to work just fine. Only villagers and guards refuse to become sex nodes for some reason. I did try to install the sexbound tenant fix mod at some point but that too didn't seem to work.

If there's nothing else to be done I'll have to go through the long, arduous process of having to remove every workshop item individually until the problem fixes itself. Thanks for the help though

33 minutes ago, xXLegionXx007 said:

And I have a problem about the same problem with the comment above. Only I have crew members will not become a knot. All others can Targovts or residents with them all right. But there is no crew.

Can you advise something?

starbound.log 48.88 kB · 0 downloads

p.s. Sorry for my English.?

Common issue with "Frackin' Universe", which you do have installed.

Crewmembers from Vanilla (Engineer, tailor, etc) will respond to the arrow just fine, it's mostly the custom FU crewmembers that are immune to Sexbound entirely.

There is no fix for this as they've stated they do not wish to have compatibility at all with the adult side of modding. Sorry.

38 minutes ago, xXLegionXx007 said:

I'm understood, thank you. It's very sad, I have to
then accept.
I'm just wondering what they do with this? That there are 18+ mods. They make the mods themselves, but they get in the way of others.

P.s. Many thanks for the help. Keep up the good work)))

The reason seems to be mostly a hatred and abhorrent relation they have with adult content, or just other modders in general. It's not difficult to find any number of toxic and outright offensive quotes from their Discord server, mod page comments, help sections, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 31/10/2021 at 4:47, CuuC said:

Parece que ese no es el caso, eliminé Project Redemption e inicié un personaje diferente y apareció exactamente el mismo error.

Otra cosa que vale la pena señalar es que los comerciantes parecen funcionar bien. Solo los aldeanos y los guardias se niegan a convertirse en nodos sexuales por alguna razón. Intenté instalar el mod de reparación de inquilinos sexbound en algún momento, pero eso tampoco pareció funcionar.

Si no hay nada más que hacer, tendré que pasar por el largo y arduo proceso de tener que eliminar cada elemento del taller individualmente hasta que el problema se solucione por sí solo. Gracias por la ayuda

Excuse me, did you solve the problem, and if so, what did you do? Right now I have exactly the same problem as you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 10:35 AM, demonerway said:

Excuse me, did you solve the problem, and if so, what did you do? Right now I have exactly the same problem as you.

I tried deleting a few mods that could theoretically cause issues with villagers, but I never really ended up fixing the issue to this day

Out of curiosity, what's your modlist? Maybe if I compare yours to mine we can get a better clue on which one's causing it

1 hour ago, TommyEs said:

How to start the quest in order to get that bow?

Find Aphrodite's Staff in any random chest or...

Spoiler

Reach under the outpost and open the chest there to find a guaranteed one.

Then use it and you should be teleported to the right place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, I don't know what's going on, it worked fine until recently, didn't even cahnge any settings.

But now, as I started a new character, I get to the summoning ritual, but I can't lie down on the plinth.

Tried removing tile protection and placing it again, but nothing works.

EDIT: Even the bow  and the apples themselves stopped working, with both vanilla and custom races. Again, I didn't mess with the configuration beyond what I did when it still worked.

starbound.log

Edited by Kaosu
Additional info
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Matthew777 said:

Can't find it can't spawn it how do I obtain it all I get is the perfectly generic item and I went through 20 different worlds trying to find it. How do I get the staff 

In the outpost, there is a room underneath with a crate that will always spawn the staff. You need to start at the left of where you 1st entered the outpost and use a bunch of ropes (I used about 30, if I recall correctly), the grappling gun, or this mod to simply fly under the outpost.

Spoiler contains what the room looks like (I have a light equipped on my backpack so it's a little brighter than normal)

Spoiler

20220503085246_1.jpg

Edited by ptmc2112
added a screenshot
23 hours ago, ptmc2112 said:

In the outpost, there is a room underneath with a crate that will always spawn the staff. You need to start at the left of where you 1st entered the outpost and use a bunch of ropes (I used about 30, if I recall correctly), the grappling gun, or this mod to simply fly under the outpost.

Spoiler contains what the room looks like (I have a light equipped on my backpack so it's a little brighter than normal)

Reveal hidden contents

20220503085246_1.jpg

It wasn't there and I'm getting fed up 

All that was in there was a stupid looking mask

10 hours ago, Matthew777 said:

It wasn't there and I'm getting fed up 

All that was in there was a stupid looking mask

There is a way to just give yourself the staff, though it will spawn where the cursor is at:

Type the following 3 commands in chat:

/admin

/spawnitem aphroditesstaff

/admin

spelling and capitalization is important, 1st admin command is to enter admin mode, which allows access to the spawning commands, ability to craft anything without cost, and infinite health and energy, 2nd admin command disables admin mode.

Lastly, incase you don't know how the staff works, hold the weapon button down to charge it, once fully charged, it'll teleport you to the correct area, next to a teleporter that you can register for easy access back.

Edited by ptmc2112
added info
On 5/4/2022 at 7:00 AM, ptmc2112 said:

There is a way to just give yourself the staff, though it will spawn where the cursor is at:

Type the following 3 commands in chat:

/admin

/spawnitem aphroditesstaff

/admin

spelling and capitalization is important, 1st admin command is to enter admin mode, which allows access to the spawning commands, ability to craft anything without cost, and infinite health and energy, 2nd admin command disables admin mode.

Lastly, incase you don't know how the staff works, hold the weapon button down to charge it, once fully charged, it'll teleport you to the correct area, next to a teleporter that you can register for easy access back.

Did nothing but give me the perfectly generic item, and before you say anything the mod is in the game, exactly how thay told me to install it.

16 minutes ago, Matthew777 said:

Did nothing but give me the perfectly generic item, and before you say anything the mod is in the game, exactly how thay told me to install it.

So uh, do you perhaps, by chance, have a Starbound log file to provide? Something to show the issue real quick? If you don't know how to get a Starbound log file, i can attach a little copy-paste guide.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I am a total noob for asking any of the following, but I am somewhat confused.....

Locuturus, you speak of the Aphrodite's Retreat Questline, yet I have not a clue how or where to actually start this required questline.

Also, perhaps this is out of topic, butI haver not been succesfulk in enabeling the Pregnancy Fetish. I was told on the FAQ's instructions of the Sexbound 5.12.1 page, to change the "enablePregnancyFetish" to be 'true'? It then informed me that the needed config file is located here: /sxb_plugin.pregnant.config. Again, I might be the noob of the century, but I am not sure what he is instructing me to do. Where do I search for /sxb_plugin.pregnant.config in the "starbound-sexbound-latest"-file?

Some clearance will be most welcome.

Kind Regards,
Goldwolf

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, iDarknessKun said:

Where exactly the Aphrodite's Retreat Questline happens? i've been playing the game for hours and i can't find this mission.

You get there by using Aphrodite's staff, obtained from either very rare loot, or;

Spoiler

From the chest located under the outpost.