Game purchases thread.

Kamen Rider Kuuga

They have to offer it for free because the whole competition in this type of game is free2play.

They will charge for cosmetical items they created and also get a percentage when people buy items from moders over the steam workshop. Like in Team Fortress 2 there this works quit well for Valve

Uhh... no.

They've stated time and again that when they finally release it as a full game, it'll continue to be free (with microtransactions, of course).

The 30$ thing is something for impatient people and those that want the bazillion cosmetics than come with it.

Remember, this is Valve we're talking about, not EA or Activision or (insert publisher of choise here). They usually aren't in the business of screwing up their userbase.

If its going to be free then good, they are living up to dota1's free2play style, assuming you have frozenthrone.

But are you really sure its free? remember its VALVE, and its going to be in STEAM(which is used to sell games), and Why would VALVE, pick up Icefrog for DOTA2, if they ain't gonna SELL "THEIR" game?

Sorry couldn't resist :P

To sell hats

moar HATZZZ

DOTA 2 you now have to buy to play it from Steam. It currently stands at £22.99.

I checked 5 mins ago and apparently I already own DOTA 2. Even though I never signed up for Beta or purchased it. It wasn't showing that I owned it yesterday.

Weird.

The two recent ones as of like last night are City of fear.  http://store.steampowered.com/app/223710/ It's a free horror type game. Played it for awhile but like most horror type games you run around doing things killing things then quit because you have been running around with your head cut off for the last half hour trying to find the one thing you need to progress further.

2nd one is Vindictus but the free to play one I figured since I have been wearing the armors for it I should maybe check the game out. A few annoying things I can see. Collecting loot and what not from chests/crates/pots is a chore whoever made the loot hit-able from your weapons should be slapped. 2nd what's the point of letting a person equip a armor that you want during player creation if your only going to be stuck with peasant shit when you start. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also bought Dust and Elysian Tail from steam. Glad it got ported to the PC. Much respect to the guy who made it.

What's up with that game I've seen it several times and I still don't get what it is .

also I bough FTL form the dev's website  for 3,8 eur , they give both steam key as well as a DRM-free version of the game .

Steam:

- Kerbal Space Program - Wherein I found out how terrible I am at realistic space flight.

- Skyrim Dragonborn

- Expeditions: Conquistador - Odd hybrid of XCOM and Oregon Trail with surprisingly excellent dialogue.

- Xenonauts

Elsewhere:

- Soul Sacrifice

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS

GOG is having a big summer sale and I just got Torchlight for free. Oh and also bought Jade Empire.

Now I am waiting to see if I can get Witcher 2 at an even higher discount.

Damn almost forgot about torchlight. A friend told me at work, but didn't remember. Glad i see your post :D

Oh yeah, I got Hearthfire and Dragonborn a little while ago... and have raged over them. But that's a whole other topic.

Haven't really bought much; trying to save up for the 400+ USD hit that the Vita, a memory stick and both Ys 4 and Dragon's Crown will will lay upon me. But sweet, sweet Zeus if D&D: Chronicles of Mystara isn't tempting me right now.

PS3

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

Resident Evil Revelations

The Last of Us

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2

PC

Bioshock Infinite

Metro Last Light

Borderlands 2

Resident Evil Revelations

PS Vita

Shinobido 2

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Dead or Alive 5 Plus

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f

that's it for now, still waiting for Beyond Two Souls, Company of Heroes 2, Dragon's Crown, Dynasty Warriors 8, Tales of Xillia and One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 English version.

• 2 weeks later...

Steam;

Bully: Scholarship Edition

D&D: Chronicles of Mystara

Dungeon Siege 2 (I wonder if I can buy the expansion and use it with this version...)

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star IV

I really wish they would put Master System games on Steam, then I could have the first Phantasy Star...

Archived